Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Why are the states all different colors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Huh, interesting. I think it's some sort of graded statistical map, like incarceration or obesity rates or something similarly pleasant.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Xbones per capita

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

univbee posted:

Huh, interesting. I think it's some sort of graded statistical map, like incarceration or obesity rates or something similarly pleasant.

Gamerscore

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The Gunslinger posted:

Fast forward to today and the store is still a giant piece of poo poo in most respects, go figure. If I didn't love Forza so much I wouldn't even turn it on. Hopefully the PC ports turn up better in the future.

It's about the same as Steam, yeah.

Instant Sunrise posted:

This isn't what we could have had.

Well, you all wouldn't be able to play the game at the same time, true. But it's pretty close to the original vision.

Anyway, Destiny 2 is pretty good and I don't even care how suboptimal the experience is because I was raised on Commodore 64 and never developed a D/s relationship with Digital Foundry. Mrs. Rainbowbeard thought the lighting is very pretty and I agree.

:)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Anyway, Destiny 2 is pretty good and I don't even care how suboptimal the experience is because I was raised on Commodore 64 and never developed a D/s relationship with Digital Foundry. Mrs. Rainbowbeard thought the lighting is very pretty and I agree.

Heh, I grew up on the c64 too and now I can only play at true 4k/60. The c64 was a beast in its time so that makes more sense.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Well, you all wouldn't be able to play the game at the same time, true. But it's pretty close to the original vision.

I'm sure that was their "original vision", that's why they kept being really vague about the specifics, because it was going to be so great for gamers. And why they haven't implemented it to this day.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Fame Douglas posted:

I'm sure that was their "original vision", that's why they kept being really vague about the specifics, because it was going to be so great for gamers. And why they haven't implemented it to this day.

Nah, that was because of all the people being cunts about it online.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
I suck at dancing and would like to suck slightly less. Thinking about buying an Xbox one just so I can play Dance Central Spotlight. I liked the series on 360 (but then the Kinect broke).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Cicero posted:

I suck at dancing and would like to suck slightly less. Thinking about buying an Xbox one just so I can play Dance Central Spotlight. I liked the series on 360 (but then the Kinect broke).

Replace your 360's Kinect for a fraction of the cost instead. As tiny as the 360 Kinect library is, it runs absolute circles around the Xbox One library.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
My guilty pleasure is watching fanboy videos of respective consoles. Some of the stuff is hilarious, both from sony and microsoft fanboy side.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nah, that was because of all the people being cunts about it online.

Yes, PR is always very reluctant to communicate positives about a product.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Adaptabullshit posted:

My guilty pleasure is watching fanboy videos of respective consoles. Some of the stuff is hilarious, both from sony and microsoft fanboy side.

Yeah, people can get really angry when it comes to console wars. It's hilarious but after a while you realise that is sad.

If I had the money I'd have a 2nd PS4, a Demon's Souls machine, a bone s and x, a switch and whatever else could get.

Of course the bone s would be for my second home.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Guillermus posted:

If I had the money I'd have a 2nd PS4, a Demon's Souls machine, a bone s and x, a switch and whatever else could get.

Skip out on the avocado sandwich and mocha latte and invest in ramen noodles and you'll get there.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Adaptabullshit posted:

Skip out on the avocado sandwich and mocha latte and invest in ramen noodles and you'll get there.

Or just find a partner and don't have kids. Vidya game machines are my children.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Guillermus posted:

Yeah, people can get really angry when it comes to console wars. It's hilarious but after a while you realise that is sad.

I'm not even playing Microsoft exclusives on PC (with the exception of Quantum Break): Why would I want a Bone? Consoles aren't expensive, it's a question of not wanting one because it doesn't offer anything I care about.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Or just find a partner and don't have kids. Vidya game machines are my children.

Willingly bringing a child into this world is just cruel. Video games on the other hand have been one smash hit after another, and it would be a shame for anybody to miss out just because you needed to buy baby formula or whatever.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Fortunately my wife and I won't have kids so as soon as I recover from moving and buying lots of new poo poo I'll start slowly by picking a Demon's Souls machine, then a switch.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm gonna get an Xboxox and let it fight to the death with the ps4 pro and pc to see who wins. (it'll be pc probably)

My Switch was already returned.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fame Douglas posted:

Yes, PR is always very reluctant to communicate positives about a product.

No, the other people being cunts about it, not PR. They're their own special whatever they are.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Adaptabullshit posted:

Now this is a category where Nintendo is the undisputed market leader.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

univbee posted:

Now this is a category where Nintendo is the undisputed market leader.

Share something with us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?CrapgamerReviews This dude is one of my fav Microsoft fanboys.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Adaptabullshit posted:

Share something with us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?CrapgamerReviews This dude is one of my fav Microsoft fanboys.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CrapgamerReviews

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Guillermus posted:

Fortunately my wife and I won't have kids so as soon as I recover from moving and buying lots of new poo poo I'll start slowly by picking a Demon's Souls machine, then a switch.

In my experience, video games are a very effective contraceptive

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I can vouch for that. If any female ever gets too close, just say you need to go home to play video games. Works 9 out of 10 times.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

No, the other people being cunts about it, not PR. They're their own special whatever they are.

If only all those cunts could accept that they'd actually love always-on DRM :qq:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Adaptabullshit posted:

I can vouch for that. If any female ever gets too close, just say you need to go home to play video games. Works 9 out of 10 times.

You could invite the female to video games with you, that'd probably solve that last 1/10th.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

My wife never played videogames until recently. I gifted my sister back in 2009 a Wii (the usual wii sports and trivual pursuit) and a few months ago I asked her if I could pick it up since he used it like three times since that. She watched me play some ping-pong and she liked it (and that cycling game too!). I did another test with Until Dawn on my PS4 as she loves horror films and we beat the game in two nights with me doing the QTE's and she being the one taking decisions, was funny looking at her getting angry with certain outcomes or characters. Is always nice to see there's enough market even for those that aren't interested in videogames.

And yes, playing Monopoly is the best contraceptive.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

are you sure it's the video games

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

are you sure it's the video games

incel-shaded graphics

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Has there been anything new about OG Xbox titles coming to Xbox One? I haven't heard anything since E3.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
It's coming "later this year."

The only confirmed games are Fuzion Frenzy and Crimson Skies.

(though i'm still holding out for drake of the 99 dragons.)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If Xbone gets OG Xbox games before the Switch gets virtual console, I'm gonna laugh.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Instant Sunrise posted:

It's coming "later this year."

The only confirmed games are Fuzion Frenzy and Crimson Skies.

(though i'm still holding out for drake of the 99 dragons.)

You will somehow, inexplicable get Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Is Ruiner actually coming out for xbone? I've been waiting for that sleeper title as it looks cyberpunk awesome af.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Can we just have Jade Empire with achievements thx in advance

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blind Rasputin posted:

Is Ruiner actually coming out for xbone? I've been waiting for that sleeper title as it looks cyberpunk awesome af.

Yeah its on everything. Too bad its gonna suck rear end compared to nex machina

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Syrinxx posted:

Can we just have Jade Empire with achievements thx in advance

i just want online play for crimson skies, that game was my jam back in 2004

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

If Xbone gets OG Xbox games before the Switch gets virtual console, I'm gonna laugh.

That is absolutely what's going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Maybe they're holding off on VC due to the millions and millions NES/SNES Classics on their way to a store near you this holiday season?