Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Beerus and Whis missing this game would be the most shocking thing about it if that were the case. Those two are crammed into everything these days.

Like the big obvious pulls (to me) would be
Beerus
Whis
Broly
Hit
A U6 Sayain
Mr. Satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Jaco runs away a lot and has a gun. That's exactly what i want out of a fighting game character, please put him in.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
They're not gonna put Broly in when there's Canon Lady Broly from universe 6. If they add anyone from Super it's probably gonna be both lady Saiyans and Hit.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b0oQkjup4Q

soulja boy needs to be the lupe fiasco for this game

make it happen namco

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Beta is great right now because everyone is just mashing that homing button and I get a free super every time.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They're not gonna put Broly in when there's Canon Lady Broly from universe 6. If they add anyone from Super it's probably gonna be both lady Saiyans and Hit.

Zamasu and Black are also possible.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Zamasu and Black are also possible.

A Black and Zamasu tag team where they can fuse would be rad.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

randombattle posted:

A Black and Zamasu tag team where they can fusehug menacingly would be rad.

FTFY

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The hug is so powerful that you take damage just by being witness to it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

floe and justin played the game and literally did nothing but mash autocombos and then called the game kiddie garbage and now their followers are repeating the same junk endlessly.

Anyway, if you ain't seen some of the combos people are starting to put together i feel bad for you son

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

floe and justin played the game and literally did nothing but mash autocombos and then called the game kiddie garbage and now their followers are repeating the same junk endlessly.

Anyway, if you ain't seen some of the combos people are starting to put together i feel bad for you son

I don't know who those people are.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Oh yeah. The damage scaling is really really harsh and needs to be fixed, especially on the supers.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I watched 5 minutes of maxd00d and he said the netcode was pretty whack.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

His specific phrasing is "not as good as Guilty Gear Xrd, but okay"

I imagine improving it is the entire point of having an online only beta.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

it's just standard arcsys delay. I must say the way it lets you constrain your connection "area" down is pretty slick tho

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Sep 17, 2017

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

Case in Point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50rsYQVV1pk

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Jesus

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://clips.twitch.tv/AwkwardOpenScallionRedCoat

give a18 a divekick so I can pretend I'm playing H-VSion

edit: nakkiel was doing some sick poo poo with 18 during the beta, also tatsu. Peep this poo poo:

https://twitter.com/tatsunical/status/909025649628635137

Dias fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 17, 2017

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.twitch.tv/nakkiel_pnw

Come chill at this stream if you wanna see someone that is playing the game as it's intended to be played.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

mmm 5f delay, looks good

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Are the English voices from super going to be in the game or is it all japanese VA?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

mmm 5f delay, looks good

Steady 5f LOOKS okay,, 5f to 10f back to 5f is gonna be poo poo anywhere on any netcode.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

I doubt anything over 3f will be playable on ps4, I'm guessing this beta has a lot of people on wifi.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

max was getting steady 1s and 2s against some people. and liar 3 again one dude (it clearly awsn't actually 3). you just gotta constrain down your area and accept that poo poo isn't always going to be perfect

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I doubt anything over 3f will be playable on ps4, I'm guessing this beta has a lot of people on wifi.

Depends on what "playable" is, but 3f is what, 70ms? The netcode is Arcsys's netcode, it's not rollback but with steady connections it's not bad.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Spanish Manlove posted:

Are the English voices from super going to be in the game or is it all japanese VA?

I'd be shocked if they didn't get the dub cast for this, its pretty high profile.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Dias posted:

Come chill at this stream if you wanna see someone that is playing the game as it's intended to be played.

People using assists to extend combos!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Clever Spambot posted:

I'd be shocked if they didn't get the dub cast for this, its pretty high profile.

Looking good because of that. The guy who does Vegeta can be pretty funny.

http://nerdist.com/dragon-ball-z-resurrection-f-cast-dubs-over-famous-movie-scenes-in-character/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgp-8LA928w&t=10s

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think they're probably gonna get the Funimation dub crew in. I was hoping for the Brazilian dub myself but that's a pipe dream.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's probably worth pointing out that dub voice acting on the last couple of dragonball games has been highly hit or miss due to weirdness on the Japan end of the production, like not letting them see the scenes they're recording lines for.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Dias posted:

Yeah this is the good poo poo. I was feeling a little lukewarm after a weekend of watching bad players so this is a nice change. Finally seeing some better combos and setups using assist, using snapbacks and dirty mixups off them and all that.

Also the damage scaling looks pretty much fine to me, most people just don't seem to get how it works yet. Starting off stuff like auto-combo jabs kills your damage, as does using Dragon Rush, and seems like Vanish might scale as well (kind of hard to tell for sure though). I see 16's start up combos with 5H and get like 50% for a single bar.

I'm not seeing anyone make use of the new X-Factor abilities you can do now yet, like the 6M cancels or Vanish Feints and that stuff. Also, the Homing Dash Cancel stuff, but I don't even really know the details on how those work or who they might be useful for yet.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'm starting to see more of the slide knockdown from certain air attacks/specials. psure that's the one that is otg-able. Supers, at the very least, can hit it.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Spanish Manlove posted:

I remember reading that the voice of goku was doing lines already. I don't have a source on hand but I believe confirmed yes

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Ok, no, now i see it. Yeah, combos starting with homing dash, at the least, scale pretty hard.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/DigiOpsNYC/status/909258785344106496

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lol

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm legit upset at the Capcom Game Crew giving this game "a shot". I'm Zanding over here, this poo poo feels like active sabotage.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

NecroMonster posted:

Ok, no, now i see it. Yeah, combos starting with homing dash, at the least, scale pretty hard.

Yeah the way it looks to me is that damage scaling kicks in real hard real fast, but also it has a fairly high 'minimum' scaling similar to HnK. It does seem like combo length is more important than a good starter right now though, but wouldn't be surprised if they tweak it plenty more before release. I mean there were core mechanics changes as recently as the PAX build.

Part of it in the long run may also just be meter efficiency. Most people are blowing meter on combos and supers right now, but you also need it for zoning/netural with EX moves, snapbacks, guard cancels, vanish for punishes, and such. Nakkiel's showing off a bunch of Frieza's ground explosion EX which hits almost the entire screen, which is pretty awesome. Meter gain is preeeeeetty fast in this game though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Are all seven dudes who got advanced copies of MVCI wishy-washy on the Dragon Ball game? Seems like a huge coincidence to me.