Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Jon Jones guilty?
This poll is closed.
Of course 89 55.28%
No way 6 3.73%
We'll wait and see 8 4.97%
Chael was right 58 36.02%
Total: 161 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Am I wrong, or was Henri Hooft in Rockholds corner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Unfunny Poster posted:

Am I wrong, or was Henri Hooft in Rockholds corner?

He was indeed. The announcers mentioned that Rockhold wasn't able to train at AKA for this fight because all of his regular training opponents (cain, DC, etc) were injured or busy doing something else so he trained with Hooft and some other people.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ah that's cool. The Blackzillians 2.0 camp is pretty good and in a better city than loving Boca Raton.

At least they can go to Disneyworld on a day off.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

fun card. was a little surprising to see rockhold outstruck and branch outwrestled.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Other than one flurry branch got beat down really. Rockhold hit some nice kicks and a couple check hooks before finishing him

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
glad Rockhold was able to get in a good camp away from his regular gym and teammates and overcome not being able to get a fight cancelling injury

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
lol https://streamable.com/wtx0q

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

aw i love him. EAT YOUR VEGETABLES

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

he deserves $50m+

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Shogun is out of the OSP fight with an unknown injury and has been replaced with Yushin Okami, who has mostly been fighting at welterweight for like two years and will now be at 205 on a week's notice

congratulations, everyone, it's a real Japan card

edit: this was posted just before the thread became a GDT and I'm an idiot but I'm leaving it here because it bears repeating

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Okami's gonna win and jump straight into the LHW top 5

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
okami vs osp is a loving nightmare fight but thankfully okami is going to be both fat and out of shape and unprepared and small so it might be mercifully brief

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
osp has his moments ... but i really dont want to watch him do that deplorable sex crime gesture whenever he wins

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I think what's sticking with me the most is a Japanese welterweight fighting the #6 light-heavyweight on a week's notice is still less tragic than the Shogun fight probably would've been

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Nah even in his prime Okami was way too slow and small for OSP. Shogun still has quick hands and hits way, way harder than "Thunder."

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Nah even in his prime Okami was way too slow and small for OSP. Shogun still has quick hands and hits way, way harder than "Thunder."

Yeah, well, Okami can boringly take him down and keep him there maybe.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Snowman_McK posted:

he can't

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Snowman_McK posted:

lol wut

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Skip My Posts posted:

Other than one flurry branch got beat down really. Rockhold hit some nice kicks and a couple check hooks before finishing him

What? I hoped for a rockhold beatdown but he looked like a pile of extremely slow dog poo poo. Maybe Branch has slicker hands than I give him credit for but Rockhold had zero success (including the ineffectual body kicks) until he brute forced his way into mount. Luke's technique looked as bad as I've ever seen it. He should move up to 205, after last night I could see Bisping winning again and Bobby Knuckles would absolutely maul him.

On the macro level I feel the MMA pendulum is swinging back towards "speed kills."

tesilential fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 18, 2017

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Nate is a dude

Edit: he deserves a lot of millions of dollars. He will send me some, of course

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

CarlCX posted:

I think what's sticking with me the most is a Japanese welterweight fighting the #6 light-heavyweight on a week's notice is still less tragic than the Shogun fight probably would've been

Shogun is good again though

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

tesilential posted:

What? I hoped for a rockhold beatdown but he looked like a pile of extremely slow dog poo poo. Maybe Branch has slicker hands than I give him credit for but Rockhold had zero success (including the ineffectual body kicks) until he brute forced his way into mount. Luke's technique looked as bad as I've ever seen it. He should move up to 205, after last night I could see Bisping winning again and Bobby Knuckles would absolutely maul him.

On the macro level I feel the MMA pendulum is swinging back towards "speed kills."

i agree he looked off a bit, but the body kicks weren't ineffectual and he absolutely hit branch with a couple nice check hooks and one really solid straight left. he almost got knocked out tho lol

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Really wished Shogun had juiced. TRT Vitor was insane and it would have been a treat to see Mauricio doing his thing with the assist. I remember posting "Nobody walks through Shogun" right before the snitch did just that.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Skip My Posts posted:

i agree he looked off a bit, but the body kicks weren't ineffectual and he absolutely hit branch with a couple nice check hooks and one really solid straight left. he almost got knocked out tho lol

I mean Branch didn't act like they hurt so I called them ineffectual. Surely if Rockhold landed 5 clean maybe it would have had an impact, but really Rockhold had to step outside his normal gameplan to take out an unheralded guy.

poo poo, maybe I'm being too harsh on him. I thought Cruz looked like rear end beating Mighty Mouse but history proved me wrong on that.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

tesilential posted:

Bobby Knuckles would absolutely maul him.

:yeah:

That's a good fight, honestly, I'd love to see someone with the striking discipline and pressure of Knux putting Rockhold on his arse.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Osp is going to be eating the airs pussy once again

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

tesilential posted:

I mean Branch didn't act like they hurt so I called them ineffectual. Surely if Rockhold landed 5 clean maybe it would have had an impact, but really Rockhold had to step outside his normal gameplan to take out an unheralded guy.

poo poo, maybe I'm being too harsh on him. I thought Cruz looked like rear end beating Mighty Mouse but history proved me wrong on that.

i agree with you, if he was fighting another killer like whitaker or romero he would have been in some trouble i think

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

rockhold's standup isn't that bad but his defense is poo poo for sure

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

tesilential posted:

Really wished Shogun had juiced. TRT Vitor was insane and it would have been a treat to see Mauricio doing his thing with the assist. I remember posting "Nobody walks through Shogun" right before the snitch did just that.

the snitch was juiced to the gills, none of his fights count pre-usada, he was never good, manyak was right etc.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Google Butt posted:

rockhold's standup isn't that bad but his defense is poo poo for sure

i think he gets away with a lot of bad habits because he's big and long and fast but guys that are savvy make him pay for it

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Marco "shogun" Rua, a Brazilian who fought in Japan for 50 years and is still fighting today, has obviously never used steroids.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

tesilential posted:

we saw it, it was the 2005 gp, then he started getting rental acls

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

tesilential posted:

i like that despite all jon jones various offenses against the law and common decency there are still people hanging on to the original, entirely inconsequential reason we hated him

red19fire
May 26, 2010

:lol: does anyone want to take a wild guess why Adelaide Byrd is trending? :getin:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

red19fire posted:

:lol: does anyone want to take a wild guess why Adelaide Byrd is trending? :getin:

Is she getting paid to put up objectively wrong scorecards, or is she just a moron?

edit: :lol:

GGG trainer Abel Sanchez posted:

I think she turned in her scorecard before the fight started

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
more officials should have nicknames so Byrd can be called Judge Dredd

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Snowman_McK posted:

OSP is too big and strong for Okami. Even the gigantic middleweight Okami that walked around at 220 would get easily shoved off.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
An undersized Japanese man slumping to the mat unconscious in front of his own people just won't be the same without that pretty white canvas.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

That Platinum Mike fellow danced around like a little chicken after he won

Was there a reason for this? I should know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Memento posted:

Is she getting paid to put up objectively wrong scorecards, or is she just a moron?

edit: :lol:

Wow

• Locked thread