Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I love it when Summer is completely over it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Can't help but think that this was also a dig at alcoholics - "what's the point of living if everything ends up in here?"

PhazonLink posted:

This is a rocking end theme. Also so we know they universed hopped x + 2 times.

What exactly did he say about it?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
If we can kill our enemies, but not jack them off, how can we be better than they?

That's some wisdom right there.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Did Rick have Morty grab that guy's Terry folds? His holdy folds? His foldy flaps?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

empty whippet box posted:

I don't understand.

Just going to link this again then.

https://youtu.be/SrU9YDoXE88

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

PhazonLink posted:

It made me miss Metalocalypse. Great loving episode though!

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

M_Gargantua posted:

Just going to link this again then.

https://youtu.be/SrU9YDoXE88

I do not like Vsauce on cam
I do not like him, fam-il-am

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

True Level is a great gag. As is Rick erasing Morty's memory simply because he beat him at checkers.

Although what was the thing with the switch? Was the joke simply that the other switch killed all those people in the tubes?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I lost it when Morty was asking Rick how long he'd been using the malapropism "take ___ for granite."

Great episode, and I liked it more than I think I would have liked a third Interdimensional Cable. (Though I called House Hunters before the logo was legible on-screen.)

Anyone know what the license plate number on Mr. Moon Man's car was all about? It looked like a reference to something.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Mantis42 posted:

True Level is a great gag. As is Rick erasing Morty's memory simply because he beat him at checkers.

Although what was the thing with the switch? Was the joke simply that the other switch killed all those people in the tubes?

Yes. And also a play on the light switch that you can't figure out what it controls

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

tarlibone posted:

I lost it when Morty was asking Rick how long he'd been using the malapropism "take ___ for granite."

Great episode, and I liked it more than I think I would have liked a third Interdimensional Cable. (Though I called House Hunters before the logo was legible on-screen.)

Anyone know what the license plate number on Mr. Moon Man's car was all about? It looked like a reference to something.

Saturn 5 was the rocket used for the Apollo missions.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
PoopAIDS_copy

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
The monster that Morty "jacked off"...was that the one that Jerry and Beth found in the basement and accidentally let go?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Rick goes to the wrong moon of Saturn and is like "Come on, at 10, it's time to stop naming and start numbering," and then later, he expects -300 degree weather because he's in a system that's got numbers and he messes up the numbers.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

bobjr posted:

The squirrels part might be one of my favorite Rick and Morty moments.

Not sure if it was better than IDC 1, but it was a very good episode

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Hey Evil Morty is back, and some people are moaning about what a horrible idea that is. Maybe I'm just a doofus Rick, but I don't see why that's such a problem.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if my favorite of the quick hits was Morty crying while he buried Santa or Mr. Poopybutthole proposing to Morty.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

SalTheBard posted:

The monster that Morty "jacked off"...was that the one that Jerry and Beth found in the basement and accidentally let go?

No, definitely wasn't the same.

http://rickandmorty.wikia.com/wiki/Blim_Blam

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fancy Hat! posted:

"No wonder you guys always fight and get behind schedule" SLAM.

I loving love poo poo like this.

This episode was amazing. I think the standout moment was "taken for granite" though. That's exactly the kind of thing Rick would erase Morty's memory over.

And that loving ending.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

PhazonLink posted:

Agh, I hated that - it undermines the there's-my-grave scene from IDC1 (if they actually did end up running from the squirrels. )

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

couple things:

1. Has anyone tried to translate the weird backwards talking the Truth Turtle did?

2. If Blue = Morty mistakes, Purple = family mistakes, and Red = Rick mistakes then I wonder what the Green and Yellow ones were.

3. Bebo is the cutest alien design this show has never had :3: Too bad he got gutted :smith:

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

PhazonLink posted:

That coke commercial is BS. No real latino person would perfer flour tortillas over corn.

They... they're kind of nice for some stuff. :unsmith:

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

2. If Blue = Morty mistakes, Purple = family mistakes, and Red = Rick mistakes then I wonder what the Green and Yellow ones were.

Jerry and Beth or Mr. Poopybutthole mistakes? Also, so funny that Morty used the magnet to attract redheads/Jessicas

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Kal-L posted:

Jerry and Beth or Mr. Poopybutthole mistakes? Also, so funny that Morty used the magnet to attract redheads/Jessicas

Is THAT why nobody has bad memories of Mr. Poopybutthole?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Who did Floop Floopian's voice?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Anywhere to stream this episode? Not been able to find a good one that isn't a link to a paid service.

Caros
May 14, 2008

techknight posted:

Agh, I hated that - it undermines the there's-my-grave scene from IDC1 (if they actually did end up running from the squirrels. )

This assumes the swap wasn't recent. They could have dimension hopped earlier that week.

Edit: gently caress, no, even that gets weird. Because if they dimension hopped again and wanted to keep things the same, it'd have to be to a dimension that also cronenberged their original universe and jumped to an alternate universe and had to bury their alternate universe selves.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Kal-L posted:

That fact you didn't post a food/dish is evidence against you/for me.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kal-L posted:

Also, so funny that Morty used the magnet to attract redheads/Jessicas

I mean, what else would you use it for?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I found this episode lackluster, Summer at the end cleaning that poo poo up and clearly being used to and very very over doing this sort of poo poo every time they get into the mind blowers was great. Everything else was just, eh, it's rick and morty.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

I found this episode lackluster, Summer at the end cleaning that poo poo up and clearly being used to and very very over doing this sort of poo poo every time they get into the mind blowers was great. Everything else was just, eh, it's rick and morty.

I found this post lackluster. As for the episode, GOD DAMNNNNN it was good. Morty looking so satisfied after finally beating Rick in checkers.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Caros posted:

This assumes the swap wasn't recent. They could have dimension hopped earlier that week.

Edit: gently caress, no, even that gets weird. Because if they dimension hopped again and wanted to keep things the same, it'd have to be to a dimension that also cronenberged their original universe and jumped to an alternate universe and had to bury their alternate universe selves.

And they would have had to find a universe where both of them died just before they showed up without bothering the squirrels, and they would have had to bury their bodies in the backyard again.

The speed metal ending theme was unexpected, but appreciated.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Episode was great the first time and on rewatch as soon as Rick said 'Morty's Menagerie' I lost my poo poo completely, this episode is outstanding

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
The squirrels :allears:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

couple things:

1. Has anyone tried to translate the weird backwards talking the Truth Turtle did?

"I'm a Beatle, Paul is dead!"

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Everytime a character does this "swirly W" mouth I lose it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
The only thing better than the sentient squirrels is Rick's immediate reaction to it, like he'd known about the secret squirrel conspiracy all along and was living in fear of them.

Also the Contact reference :)

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I love it when Summer is completely over it all.

"What is this a scenario 3? Oh poo poo, its a scenario 4!" was awesome.

R&M continues to dominate the "show, don't tell" theory of having more ideas than you bother to explain.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Caros posted:

Maybe this episode wasn't about C-137 R&M?

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

techknight posted:

Why? That still happened.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Maybe it was a throwaway gag in a fake clip show that will never matter again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

massive spider posted:

Why? That still happened.

I guess.. if they've come to a reality where everything happened the same except Morty eavesdropping on squirrels.. But that Summer in that reality who bonded with Morty (over the grave thing) and Rick (getting swole) now has neither of them in her life and just her sad parents

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Maybe it was a throwaway gag in a fake clip show that will never matter again.

I don't know why it bothers me so much! :(

Also did Rick maybe remove everyone's memory of Mr. Poopybutthole after Beth failed at reconciliation?

Snackmar fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Sep 18, 2017