Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Parrotine posted:

It's cause King sells the tv/film adaptation rights to his stories for $1, and that's no joke

It's also almost entirely inaccurate. He's at times granted permission (he retains all rights) to non-commercially (not commercially) adapt some (not all) of his short stories (not novels) to students or novice filmmakers (not Hollywood studios) for a buck ($1). That basically has nothing at all to do with why there are so many films made of his movies. About the only exception is Shawshank, because Frank Darabont got his start in filmmaking by adapting "The Woman in the Room."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Screaming Idiot posted:

Unless Pennywise transforms into Morgan Freeman to dispense folksy self-deprecating wisdom to lure his victims you know it goddamn doesn't.

Pretty much this, I love me some Shawshank but IT is definitely a close second behind it for sure

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

E: wrong thread

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 01:57 on Sep 19, 2017

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

I swear to God I will drag this thread back from the precipice if it kills every single one of you

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

null_pointer posted:

I swear to God I will drag this thread back from the precipice if it kills every single one of you

WE HAVE A LARGE FORMAT PRINTER

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Yo the selfie thread is over that a way

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

i always see this picture, did she say yes???

The General
Mar 4, 2007

china bot posted:

i always see this picture, did she say yes???

I think saying yes to that is how you end up murdered.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

This makes no sense, the chicken is part of the nugget. One of them should be the dipping sauce.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Murdered, and next in the weird synthetic nugget sack.

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe

Facebook Aunt posted:

This makes no sense, the chicken is part of the nugget. One of them should be the dipping sauce.

I think he wants to be shredded into meat product with her so they become one nugget.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
BECOME AS
NUGS
BECOME AS
NUGS

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Randaconda posted:

That does remind me of my favorite "WTF" conspiracy theory, that King was the guy who actually shot Reagan.

Apparently there's at least two "Stephen King shot somebody" conspiracy theories. When I was living in California about twenty years ago, the local schizophrenic drove around in a white van plastered with newspapers and signs about how King killed John Lennon (I think he was in the CIA?). He'd stop people and talk their ear off. Everybody knew about him. And he's still at it! The site has been updated this year at least.

This might be the same guy you're talking about, looks like there's Reagan stuff in there.

Edit:

Croisquessein has a new favorite as of 03:19 on Sep 19, 2017

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

BECOME AS
NUGS
BECOME AS
NUGS

THE DOLLAR MENU CAN NOT CONTINUE

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Rayjenkins posted:

John Carptenter's The Thing is the best horror movie :colbert:

I would pay good money to see a version of The Thing but where Kurt Russel plays his role as Captain Ron in it instead.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Applesnots posted:

I would pay good money to see a version of The Thing but where Kurt Russel plays his role as Captain Ron in it instead.

Or as Jack Burton. That would work too.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

oooh, good call

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

Foreverial nuggetized

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lmao at having a 1-800 number for kids to talk to a child molester.

Is there a minimum age to post on the forums? Cuz it's probably cheaper to pay a one time fee of 10 bucks than 2/min

He should be next to and taller than Kit Harrington.

...are those rifle grenades?

Milo and POTUS has a new favorite as of 08:29 on Sep 19, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Milo and POTUS posted:

...are those rifle grenades?

Yeah they love them some weird personal weapons in the Nork army. Check out Kim's bodyguards with helical feed (read:cool looking but unreliable as gently caress) magazines for their AKs.

Armament Research posted:

The nature of the post-production design and the inherent complexity of helical magazines (when compared to a typical removable box magazines) suggest that while these magazines offer a greatly increased cartridge capacity, they may render the weapon more prone to malfunctions and misfires

http://armamentresearch.com/north-korean-helical-ak-magazines/

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Memento posted:

Yeah they love them some weird personal weapons in the Nork army. Check out Kim's bodyguards with helical feed (read:cool looking but unreliable as gently caress) magazines for their AKs.

http://armamentresearch.com/north-korean-helical-ak-magazines/

Those mags are pretty cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C82uSE21NY

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Yeah, I really really started to question my subscription to Bone gently caress my Ray Romano BluRay when they printed that.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Memento posted:

Being N.Korea, I bet they don;t have 100 rounds in each of those magazines.

It's probably a single round at the top and the rest is stuffed with dirt*

(*and not the good dirt, either. That's for eating)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

God i love racquetball

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

The Bloop posted:

God i love racquetball

I am desperate to find out what happened, just prior to that picture being taken.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

null_pointer posted:

Truly you are the hero we need, but don't deserve.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

In the Game of Squash, you win or etc

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Choco1980 posted:

If I've heard right, Carpenter loved this when someone showed it to him.

See I thought this did it better- still by Lee Hardcastle, even.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dooAjI6yOhg

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
For the derail on if 'loss' and 'sauce' rhyme, please consult the meme thread where that picture was also posted.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

null_pointer posted:

I am desperate to find out what happened, just prior to that picture being taken.

Looks like he killed himself.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Elfface posted:

For the derail on if 'loss' and 'sauce' rhyme, please consult the meme thread where that picture was also posted.

But they pretty obviously rhyme perfectly, I thought.

Jummy
Jun 14, 2007

Oh, my love, my darling.
Here we go.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Just Offscreen posted:

But they pretty obviously rhyme perfectly, I thought.

I'm sorry for your lorse.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I pronounce it sow-say, with a short o.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

FactsAreUseless posted:

I pronounce it sow-say, with a short o.