Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI
Another vote here for a Placenta thread. I read this thread daily, but somehow the placenta icks me out bad. I'll read it and be grossed out, but it feels like a derail here - whenever there are placenta posts I kinda skim through them. I want to read them but I want to do it at my own pace. This thread is all about weird avacado-toast and fish-heads in aspic, and placenta chat kinda supersedes everything because it's just so loving gross to some of us. Elise, please post a new thread either here or in something offal? I want to read it but I don't like how it's overtaken the thread topic.

Edit: And congratulations on the birth! I hope your baby is both happy and healthy! I'm just kinda squicked by afterbirth. Give your baby my best <3

Loutre has a new favorite as of 20:10 on Sep 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Counterpoint, the placenta chat is hilarious and all the little babies who can't deal with it can simply scroll down quicker.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Keep going with the placenta chat.

That's my two pla-cents.

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

bongwizzard posted:

Counterpoint, the placenta chat is hilarious and all the little babies who can't deal with it can simply scroll down quicker.
i don't get the point of it, you're just eating veins. it's about as exciting as someone eating cooked intestines with no filling.

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI
506 pages in, i think that placenta chat grosses me out in a way the entire other thread doesn't :shrug: it's not remotely a food related problem to me, and it's as they said, more suited to the healthcare problems thread

i can look at a tuna + marshamallow casserole and say hey, that's dumb, I look at the placenta recipes and just don't want to read the thread anymore

it's cool that placenta doesn't gross you out, but this is my favorite thread on the entire forums! why is it so important that we have this one topic when we can split it off and make everyone happy?

Loutre has a new favorite as of 20:40 on Sep 19, 2017

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Don't worry folks, I'll get the placenta moved to its own thread and let this be the avocado fistfight corral. I honestly just wanted to see if there were already established recipes before I got to planning. Healthcare for the healthcare thread, etc!

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

elise the great posted:

Don't worry folks, I'll get the placenta moved to its own thread and let this be the avocado fistfight corral. I honestly just wanted to see if there were already established recipes before I got to planning. Healthcare for the healthcare thread, etc!

you are the best !!! what did you name the baby?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Everybody in this thread is family. Which makes this the Olive Garden.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Please don't bring your placenta to Olive garden.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

uPen posted:

Yeah they won't even season it before boiling it

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

elise the great posted:

the avocado fistfight corral

This had better become the new thread title.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hell, rename the cooking subforum.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Loutre posted:

506 pages in, i think that placenta chat grosses me out in a way the entire other thread doesn't :shrug: it's not remotely a food related problem to me, and it's as they said, more suited to the healthcare problems thread

i can look at a tuna + marshamallow casserole and say hey, that's dumb, I look at the placenta recipes and just don't want to read the thread anymore

it's cool that placenta doesn't gross you out, but this is my favorite thread on the entire forums! why is it so important that we have this one topic when we can split it off and make everyone happy?

Because the world doesn't revolve around you personally?

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

elise the great posted:

Guess what motherfuckers

Pretty easy to turn into an omelette.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

uPen posted:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Elizabethan Error posted:

i don't get the point of it, you're just eating veins. it's about as exciting as someone eating cooked intestines with no filling.

Could say that same for liver and onions.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

uPen posted:

Yeah, they'll never get the smell out of their microwave

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

Could say that same for liver and onions.
not with any honesty you couldn't

e:

bongwizzard posted:

Yeah, if there are veins in your liver somebody didn't clean something before cooking.
slaughtered meat gets bled dry before sale use, placenta not so much.
liver has more than veins also

Elizabethan Error has a new favorite as of 23:24 on Sep 19, 2017

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Elizabethan Error posted:

not with any honesty you couldn't

Yeah, if there are veins in your liver somebody didn't clean something before cooking.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Everybody in this thread is family. Which makes this the Olive Garden.

hospitali-uh-oh

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

ABBONDANZA MOTHERFUCKERS

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Imagine the greasy, salty blandness. Let it slide down your throat. The Never-Ending Pasta Bowl for $6.95! Just you and the pasta, alone in a vinyl booth forever. Your life is nothing but beige carbs. The planters have curtains, and the plants are plastic. Have an Italian soda. Have a plastic grape. Family. We are family now.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/TItsf1o.mp4

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Imagine the greasy, salty blandness. Let it slide down your throat. The Never-Ending Pasta Bowl for $6.95! Just you and the pasta, alone in a vinyl booth forever. Your life is nothing but beige carbs. The planters have curtains, and the plants are plastic. Have an Italian soda. Have a plastic grape. Family. We are family now.

foreverial pastisized, literally pasta and loving it

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/anniekarni/status/910300575270621184

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

bongwizzard posted:

I work for a dude who's breakfast was an avocado smashed across a 10 inch flour tortilla, lightly salted and covered in hot sauce. I tried it one day and became a big believer.

That sounds tasty, especially if you replace the hotsauce and salt with laoganma.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop has a new favorite as of 02:04 on Sep 20, 2017

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Shamelessly stolen from C-SPAM Trump thread.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

This is the closest I've ever come to considering a pizza rule.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Just throw a whole tomato in there, who gives a poo poo.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The easiest sauerkraut mold is loving up when you make it.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Scientastic posted:

If this isn't entered in the ICSA: battle chili, Elise should probably be permabanned.

Yeah, no.

Just no.

Besides, who else will do sexy poses in hazmat gear during an Ebola outbreak?

HUH?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

my pizza-passionate husband has a disorder where strong emotions make his muscles give out, and when I showed him this pizza his legs buckled

gently caress this pizza

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

Haifisch posted:

Just throw a whole tomato in there, who gives a poo poo.

How could any demon do these things? These recipes blow my mind and make me feel ill every time they are posted.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

How do you gently caress up putting cheese on dough so bad. How.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

That looks like the lovely pre-made pizza crusts my mom used to buy.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

This is a historical book, I get that, but you had me fooled up until the angler fish table decoration that it was human history.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

What's the turd shaped thing behind the plate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Samizdata posted:

Yeah, no.

Just no.

Besides, who else will do sexy poses in hazmat gear during an Ebola outbreak?

HUH?

This is such a random statement.