Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

We're all someone else's pubs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I have a shirt that's extremely similar to the Hula Punk shirt IRL and it really makes me wish I could find another grey and red Hawaiian shirt.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Please remember that you have bombs in Salmon Run, and that they can be used for things other than killing Flyfish and Maws. Such as reviving people if you're a Charger and are the only one alive.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

raditts posted:

It's Nintendo's lovely infrastructure. I've never had as many connection issues with anything in my life as I have with this game.

NO MOM DON'T... pick up the phone. :sigh:

Deep-seated trauma there, I still wince when people reach for their phone while I'm gaming even if it doesn't matter anymore.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've seen a few different high tier Japanese Splatoon 2 streamers run with one sub slot of Quick Respawn...so maybes it worth giving up some small percentage of a buff elsewhere for it

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Just 1 sub ability of Quick? Doesn't that only apply if you don't splat anyone over multiple lives?

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Sep 20, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quick Respawn across the board in 2 only triggers if you die twice without killing anyone. So having that extra second that comes with one sub slot may be more useful that 1.4% extra move speed or whatever I may be using instead.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

In Training posted:

I've seen a few different high tier Japanese Splatoon 2 streamers run with one sub slot of Quick Respawn...so maybes it worth giving up some small percentage of a buff elsewhere for it

1 sub is barely anything, and is really not worth it, especially when that ability functions as training wheels at most. 1 main is also really not that great. You have to die twice in a row without killing anyone for it to activate, and if that happens, your team is very likely getting their shins kicked. Not only that, assist kills disable Quick Respawn. You can't just tag someone and let someone else get the kill to get around it.

The only genuine non training wheels use I can think of it is if you are purely a support player that will deliberately avoid killing and assisting killing anyone. Like an Aerospray in Turf Wars or something. You're really better off using that potential QR slot on something else.

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008
What are people's suggestions for proper Bubble Blower usage? I have success with it, but nowhere near the level of success I'd want to be having.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Mystery Machine posted:

What are people's suggestions for proper Bubble Blower usage? I have success with it, but nowhere near the level of success I'd want to be having.

I haven't played in a few days truth be told, but as far as I know you can let it exist as a stage hazard to some success, but I think it might rely on your team being aware that the bubbles are up.

Can you pop your own bubbles quicker with object shredder?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

raditts posted:

It's Nintendo's lovely infrastructure. I've never had as many connection issues with anything in my life as I have with this game.

Is there even a reason to have the Splat Brella anymore with this around?

The splat brella with it's fast rate of fire, sprinklers and ink storm will still be great for splat zones

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Every Salmon Run I've played has ended with less players than we started. The one game we started with 3, we won. What is even happening.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Keiya posted:

NO MOM DON'T... pick up the phone. :sigh:

Deep-seated trauma there, I still wince when people reach for their phone while I'm gaming even if it doesn't matter anymore.

Using the home phone still mucks up the internet here in Australia, it blows lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Got a little free time now, lets wind up some Splatoon 2! Hit me with the stage rotation Marina!

*logs off*

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

In Training posted:

Got a little free time now, lets wind up some Splatoon 2! Hit me with the stage rotation Marina!

*logs off*

Yeah, there is no salvaging that trainwreck.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't understand the whining about towers. You know the other team is playing on it too, right?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

The Bloop posted:

I don't understand the whining about towers. You know the other team is playing on it too, right?
It's not fun. It has nothing to do with competitive balance.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

In Training posted:

*logs off*

I'm slightly starting to appreciate 2 maps every 2 hours since I've gotten slightly more bored with spla2n as I'll just avoid game mode/map combos I hate now too

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Bloop posted:

Oh look, everyone knows Moray Towers is in a Splatzones rotation and they all brought Chargers to snipe center-field with. What fun :nallears:.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Bloop posted:

It's just a tremendously boring map to me. You don't even use 75% of it in most matches

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The Bloop posted:

It is multiple levels of bad. Like everything about it is bad. I can't think of one redeeming thing. My seething hatred of Towers can't be understated. It's even more apparent how bad it is now that 2s maps exist next to the map equivalent of an rear end pimple.

Heights was how to make a more vertical map and I hated it at first but have since learned how nice it is.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

It's just a tremendously boring map to me. You don't even use 75% of it in most matches

Fair enough (to all) I guess I misunderstood the complaint.

Still seems eh to me since the complaints range from 'snipers in the backfield' to 'nothing to do in the backfield' but I guess enjoyment is subjective

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

20,000 to scrub is still crazy for just 3 perks. I'm at the point where I only play on lunch and still needing 15 more ink resist ups to eventually craft that "perfect piece" is gonna take forever.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

^burtle posted:

20,000 to scrub is still crazy for just 3 perks. I'm at the point where I only play on lunch and still needing 15 more ink resist ups to eventually craft that "perfect piece" is gonna take forever.

It is a weird system in that I have hundreds of chunks and can craft pretty much any ability, except for the few that I actualyl want because if you start using them they go fast. Some goons have crazy gear inventories already through a combination of grinding and luck - make sure you go into discord and ask for a private match with them to order gear off them! Even though in weeks fo doing it I have only gotten two pieces even with doubles, letalone a triple coming through

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Still seems eh to me since the complaints range from 'snipers in the backfield' to 'nothing to do in the backfield' but I guess enjoyment is subjective

I despise it because the center of the map is a clusterfuck that can easily be shut down by a good charger and the only side path is a rail leading right to said sniper that makes you even MORE vulnerable while taking it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Yeah, I'm just not one to enjoy sniping except in Salmon Run because it's fun to one shot the balloon heads. Good chargers are a god send in certain modes because of their support ability but I don't think I'm good enough at actual sniping to play that way

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have taken to using chargers in Turf War though which is fun. The E-Liter 4K is a paint dropping machine

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tengames posted:

I despise it because the center of the map is a clusterfuck that can easily be shut down by a good charger and the only side path is a rail leading right to said sniper that makes you even MORE vulnerable while taking it.

Not that I'm going to make you like the stage but there's definitely more than one side path. There is a platform and wall to climb literally under that rail and there are at least three ways to make it up on the other side too, up the wall by the grates, up the actual road, and up another wall partway up the road.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

The Bloop posted:

Not that I'm going to make you like the stage but there's definitely more than one side path. There is a platform and wall to climb literally under that rail and there are at least three ways to make it up on the other side too, up the wall by the grates, up the actual road, and up another wall partway up the road.

A charger can cover all of those approaches.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Hot take: Moray Towers is good.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Astroniomix posted:

A charger can cover all of those approaches.

Sure but not all at once and not perfectly and not while also shooting people in the zone.

I'm far from saying it's a perfect map btw (i think it's pretty fun in tower control and rainmaker) but I don't think it deserves quite the level of scorn it gets itt

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

The Bloop posted:

Sure but not all at once and not perfectly and not while also shooting people in the zone.

You'd be surprised.

EDIT: a slightly less dumb response: yes a single charger isn't going to lock down the entire map to the point where the other team can't do anything about it (at least usualy, pubs are weird) but it's still lovely and unfun to deal with to the point where your only option is to hope you have a better charger player or that their charger is bad.

Astroniomix fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 20, 2017

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I love moray towers. And I use the brella, not a charger or anything like that

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Doesn't even have to be chargers, any long range weapon on that perch is a royal bitch to get after. Before I swore it off I sat there with pros, squelchers, and the splatling annoying the hell out of everyone and laughing at the stupidity of it.

Astroniomix posted:

You'd be surprised.
This is the simple truth

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

^burtle posted:

Perfect gear is really expensive to craft because of the reliance on waiting for double abilities to roll randomly (to avoid ponying up 50 or 60 of the drat chunks). I play a couple hours a night and the only way I've been able to bankroll it is though Salmon Run winnings and using double money food during Splatfest. All other times I have a drink active corresponding to the next ability I'm grinding chunks for. You may want to give up on crafting perfect gear and just concentrate on getting those 30 chunks to spread across an entire outfit. While more flexible, it'd be far more expensive and time-consuming to mandate that those 3 pieces of gear need be "pure".

LethalGeek posted:

Doesn't even have to be chargers, any long range weapon on that perch is a royal bitch to get after. Before I swore it off I sat there with pros, squelchers, and the splatling annoying the hell out of everyone and laughing at the stupidity of it.
This is the simple truth

I'm with you on Moray. I was never a charger user, so in S1 I loved sitting on the sniper perch with a hydra splatling and enough bomb distance up to easily huck a splat bomb onto the other sniper perch.

Big Nubbins fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 20, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I like Moray in this since nothing is more satisfying than staging huge comebacks on it on Rainmaker.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think Moray is fine for RM and TC. It's just Splat Zones, and its the only map/mode combo in the game that I don't have any fun with at all, which is still batting a pretty good average.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Bloop posted:

They can and will, and they don't have to shoot people. Blind-firing into the zone will deny the other team outright with minimal effort, and there is still the issue of three other players on the team. Especially if there's at least one other bringing a Charger/Splattershot Pro/Splatling.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

As an update the effect of Object Shredder on baller is currently actually unknown, because people have tested it and the 10% math doesn't check out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Don't grind chunks.

Play ranked and hope for a lucky 3 roll in a favored ability. If you don't get one, scrub and try again. Tickets help.