Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Funny way you guys are spelling Torchlight but I’ll allow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Separate joycon seem like it would handle that game in the most dope way. Especially if it had motion.

Which reminds me: What's the deal with NeruroVoider having zero rumble support?

I'm blasting legions of robots away with plasma launchers and flame throwers. I'm getting zero feedback from my hands!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Didn't the developers say they have no desire to bring the series to consoles?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

Didn't the developers say they have no desire to bring the series to consoles?

Bad consoles maybe

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Harlock posted:

Finally the Switch has it's killer app.

Picross.

same

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Did Torchlight 2 end up being any good anyway?

I played the first one and thought it had great charm but never got around to the 2nd one. From the videos I saw, a lot of the spell effects looked weak and kinda lame.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Torchlight 2 was a lot of fun, and tried to mimic the D3 setup of moving to different areas

I liked the thematic setup of T1 better where you're just trying to get down as deep as you can into the dungeon.

If T3 is ever a thing I would like it to mimic T1

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beastie posted:

I've never played a Diablo game

wowzers!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7eCbEn5T8k

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

the best part of these videos, like any BOTW video before it came out, was not watching them.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

not sure if FF15 will be a stable 30fps on a Switch or not. Either way I'd like to get some Square games like Tactics, Chrono Trigger on whatever the VC will be.

Honestly I'd rather get a new isometric Mario RPG with Geno over a stripped-down and struggling port of FF15.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

No spoil team here, don't spoil games for yourselves, chums

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

not sure if FF15 will be a stable 30fps on a Switch or not. Either way I'd like to get some Square games like Tactics, Chrono Trigger on whatever the VC will be.

Honestly I'd rather get a new isometric Mario RPG with Geno over a stripped-down and struggling port of FF15.

If it can run Doom it can run FF15

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I probably won't watch more Mario footage from now, either. It's new and shows off some neat stuff, but to be spoiler-free is definitely the way to go.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Spoiler: Bowser captures Peach

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
I don't mind, its not spoiling some plot twists or anything, just showing off worlds in a Mario game. But I get wanting to be surprised on the different worlds and some moves he does I guess.

Warning, spoilers with previous Mario games, Warning

The only plot twist is: this is a prequel to Sunshine, and Peach really does marry Bowser and is really "mama" to Jr, and the ending of Sunshine and shadow Mario was just a drunken illusion that Mario manufactured in his head to deal with the fact the Peach left him for Bowser

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 20, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Louisgod posted:

the best part of these videos, like any BOTW video before it came out, was not watching them.

:yeah:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

BE GONE FOUL TEMPTATION! LEAVE FROM MY SIGHT AND PLAGUE ME NO MORE!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
its unreal how loving good mario odyssey looks, god drat it nintendo how DO you DO it?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Mario has a gun

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I hope the game ends with Mario possessing Bowser and forcing him to kill himself.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Do I trust Bethesda and their optimization team or Square.

Where's the poison pill option.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

If you die in the Bowser, you die in real life.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Harlock posted:

Do I trust Bethesda and their optimization team or Square.

Where's the poison pill option.

It's like an established meme that bethesda games will be massively buggy

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bethesda the publisher and bethesda the game developer are not the same thing

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

the real problem is Gamebryo being a pile of poo poo and their newer engine not being much better

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
(Certain Mario Odyssey outfit spoilers) I really hope that everyone from this commercial gets to wear their respective outfits in-game someday. Not just Mario who gets to wear his now and Isabelle but like, everyone.

Even that pastel Easter paint-job Samus got.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

irlZaphod posted:

If you die in the Bowser, you die in real life.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

(Certain Mario Odyssey outfit spoilers) I really hope that everyone from this commercial gets to wear their respective outfits in-game someday. Not just Mario who gets to wear his now and Isabelle but like, everyone.

Even that pastel Easter paint-job Samus got.

Link would be dapper as all hell with that costume in BotW

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm glad Nintendo is starting to embrace the multiple costumes and outfits thing with botw and now Super Mario Illiad

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Does it still have the "you have to manually pick up health, ammo, and armour" *design choice* that ruined the last game too?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Calaveron posted:

I'm glad Nintendo is starting to embrace the multiple costumes and outfits thing with botw and now Super Mario Illiad
It might be my favorite part honestly.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

This game's looking so good.

(that it makes some Trump supporters bitch and moan is a nice bonus)

Beastie posted:

I've never played a Diablo game but I'd probably pick up 3 if it came to Switch.

:stare:

Path of Exile is more fun, and Torchlight was probably on-par with D3 in most ways, but D3 is pretty good now. I didn't play it at launch when it was a dumpster fire though.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I can now be myself, as Mario, a true avatar for the player

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

With Gyro aiming we need a new Kid Icarus on the Switch. Nintendowhenwillwegetanewkidicarus when?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mister Facetious posted:

Does it still have the "you have to manually pick up health, ammo, and armour" *design choice* that ruined the last game too?

i think it owns actually!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

With Gyro aiming we need a new Kid Icarus on the Switch. Nintendowhenwillwegetanewkidicarus when?

This man or woman speaks the truth

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Calaveron posted:

I'm glad they've done this without resorting too much to purely cosmetic DLC.

Zelder posted:

This man or woman Doctor speaks the truth
:colbert:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

I'm glad they've done this without resorting too much to purely cosmetic DLC.

Nintendo is one of the few companies where their DLC isn't pure bullshit. Time and again the DLC packs released for Nintendo games add a hefty chunk of content and content that was clearly started on after the game released. Let's hope a loot box system :barf: never darkens any Nintendo game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

idk man I mean DOOM was optimized flawlessly by a dedicated team of sane individuals. FF15 is a bit different

• Locked thread