Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

life is killing me posted:

Are you saying Breitbart isn't a great place to find stdh?

I'm sure it's a wonderful place to get stdh but I wouldn't read that electronic feces repository if I were paid by the post in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

A free Lexus flyer

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Rodan + Fields is a pyramid scheme started by the women who crea Proactiv, just FYI. Her "skincare business" is desperately hawking overpriced hand lotion to anyone naive enough to stop and listen to her sales/recruitment pitch for a company that draws people in with promises of six-figure income "being your own boss" in which 90% of the "consultants" make less than $200 per month, and 44% made literally nothing last year.

Only 2% even make minimum wage or higher.

I guarantee she is not actually getting a free Lexus from the lotion hustling company.

I guarantee she got it for free, but the loving second she doesn't meet sales quotas, she's on the hook for the payments, which I would guess are somewhere around $400-$500/month. My neighbor got roped into this once, got a "free" Mercedes - and it worked out great for like, 4 months. He missed his sales goal one month and got loving SLAMMED with payments.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Yes, there's a good site called PinkTruth.com, created by a forensic accountant, that outlines how Mary Kay runs the "free pink Cadillac" scam. Very similar to what you describe, Zipperelli.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
when you think about it, aren't all car leases "free cars" as long as you meet your monthly lease payment quota

how is it different if you are making your payments via sales

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

when you think about it, aren't all car leases "free cars" as long as you meet your monthly lease payment quota

It's not. That's literally the point other people were making. People who take part in MLM schemes are rarely bright.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Because if you're meeting your sales quota you aren't making payments on the car.

The chance that she's actually meeting the sales quota is basically nil, and if she wasn't married to a successful dentist she'd be well below the poverty line.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Rodan + Fields is a pyramid scheme started by the women who crea Proactiv, just FYI. Her "skincare business" is desperately hawking overpriced hand lotion to anyone naive enough to stop and listen to her sales/recruitment pitch for a company that draws people in with promises of six-figure income "being your own boss" in which 90% of the "consultants" make less than $200 per month, and 44% made literally nothing last year.

Only 2% even make minimum wage or higher.

I guarantee she is not actually getting a free Lexus from the lotion hustling company.

Ask me about how to get started on your entrepreneurial journey with my amazing skincare business, Mothra + Meadows

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

I'm the 6 year old enlightened athiest

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Drunk Tomato posted:

If they want to disprove the existence of God i first make them spell out "Athiest"

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I'd seen people post about R+F on facebook before but never really paid much attention to it because it was always directed at women. I also assumed that it was some sort of MLM thing just because of the way that the posts were all very similar. I just went back and looked at the couple of women I remember making posts about it and all R+F stuff has been scrubbed from their facebooks.

makes u think

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'd seen people post about R+F on facebook before but never really paid much attention to it because it was always directed at women. I also assumed that it was some sort of MLM thing just because of the way that the posts were all very similar. I just went back and looked at the couple of women I remember making posts about it and all R+F stuff has been scrubbed from their facebooks.

makes u think

Isn't R+F also one of those GoT theories?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Tunicate posted:

Isn't R+F also one of those GoT theories?

that's R+L, DUH

It's also not a theory but an actual thing in the show now

oh no Ive said too much

Joey Freshwater has a new favorite as of 20:09 on Sep 18, 2017

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I'm a bigger fan of Hodor + Fuckbot 2000 theory

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Racist tabloid columnist Rod Liddle was either lied to by his son, or made this up on his behalf. The EDL (English Defence League) are an English far right racist nationalist group. More stdh that makes the teller look like an rear end in a top hat.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Drunk Tomato posted:

They "reasoned for themselves and questioned dogma," which happened to lead to them reaching the same conclusions I already hold (the commenter doesn't say they're an atheist, but I think it's implied). No way was I influencing them, no sir.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Doubtful Guest posted:

Racist tabloid columnist Rod Liddle was either lied to by his son, or made this up on his behalf. The EDL (English Defence League) are an English far right racist nationalist group. More stdh that makes the teller look like an rear end in a top hat.

B-but EDL has its own LGBT wing!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Doubtful Guest posted:

And just like American politics, it's now down to "Huh-huh-huh, all I want to do is piss off libruls..."

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

MrUnderbridge posted:

And just like American politics, it's now down to "Huh-huh-huh, all I want to do is piss off libruls..."

the worst "all i want for christmas" remix

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Paladinus posted:

B-but EDL has its own LGBT wing!

There are also the Log Cabin Republicans. Doesn't mean they're accepting of gay people on the whole. "You're one of the good ones" is not a compliment.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Pastry of the Year posted:

Ask me about how to get started on your entrepreneurial journey with my amazing skincare business, Mothra + Meadows

:lol:

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Drunk Tomato posted:

TBH, my eldest decided at 5 God didn't exist and my youngest at 6. We're not hardcore atheists, but we've always tried to answer questions truthfully without resorting to quick&easy explanations. So, when they asked about Jezus we told that yes, he probably did exist but no, the only corroberation he is the son of God is in this one book. And no, the earth wasn't just created by a divine being but the result of space dust congealing etc.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I was standing in line at a large electronics store checkout. It was busy and there were only two cashiers, so I took out my old GBA SP and started playing Pokemon Silver while I waited. A woman and her 8-ish son got in line behind me. I didn't pay any attention to them until the woman asks what I'm playing. I tell her I'm playing Pokemon Silver and goes from zero to sixty and tells me that I shouldn't be wasting my life playing kids' games and then adds that her son has been wanting a Pokemon game for a while, trying to hint that I should give my game and system to him. I ignore it and tell her that if he wants a Pokemon game, she should get him a 3DS and one of the new games or any of the virtual console Pokemon games, including the upcoming rereleases of Gold and Silver. Mom stares at me for a second and then says how a current system is too expensive and she's rather get him a used system while pointedly looking at my GameBoy. So I tell her that there are plenty of used game stores that have older systems. She gets angry and tells me that I should give my system to her son because she can't afford to buy him new games and he gets bored with his iPad really easily. I'm startled because this is the first time I've been treated like this and so I start to sort of tune her out. I figure that's the end of it, but no.

Then as I'm paying for my stuff, I feel a tug on my purse. The little brat is trying to steal my GameBoy! I yank my purse away and tell him to go back to his mom.

"But my mom said I could have it!"

I told him that he couldn't have it and to go back to his mom and he does. Just as I was walking out the door, I hear "That's her! The woman who stole my son's GameBoy!" Security swarms me and demands that I show them my purse contents to see if I had a GameBoy. I was livid. Mom has this smug smile on her face, like she knows she's going to get my GameBoy. I take out the GameBoy and say that it's mine and that I brought it in with me and they could check the security footage if they don't believe me. Mom says I'm lying and that she needs to leave soon and I should hand over the "stolen" GameBoy. The security guards freaking agree with her! Mom has an even bigger smug smile on her face.

But there's one thing she didn't count on. When I was a kid, I wrote my name on all my GameBoy cartridges. In permanent marker. The words faded over time but are still legible. And I have a very girly name. I take out the cartridge and tell the security guards "That's my name on this game. I wrote it on there a long time ago." The security guards take one look at it and agree that it's mine and since the game is mine, the system was probably mine too because the store has not carried a GameBoy Advance SP system or Pokemon Silver for years. Mom's face turns from smug to horrified in literally seconds as the security guards were now asking her questions about why she lied to them. I took all my stuff and left. The last thing I heard about it was Brat shouting about how Mom promised he could have it.

I think if Brat got bored with the iPad that fast, a GameBoy with one game and ancient graphics wouldn't keep his interest long either. But I'm not a parent, so what do I know, right?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

instead of theft, consider one of these recent or upcoming titles from Game Freaks:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I'm in line at the store playing my old GBA. Kid asks what I'm playing and I reply "pokeymen gold and/or silver". Mum rolls her eyes at me for playing a 20 year old children's game. Later, at home, I imagine a scenario in which she gets loving owned.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Just had a hugely weird chat with a plumber. Tweeted about it, and I've just started getting a load of "that didn't happen" replies.

The STDH was coming from inside the thread all along

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Flint_Paper posted:

Just had a hugely weird chat with a plumber. Tweeted about it, and I've just started getting a load of "that didn't happen" replies.

The STDH was coming from inside the thread all along

Why are you not sharing the story with us?

geeko55
Jun 11, 2013

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Why are you not sharing the story with us?

They have to make it up first!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Flint_Paper posted:

That didn't happen. I doubt you have a twitter account.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Yeah, give me a chance to write it, dammit!

https://twitter.com/brainmage/status/910452508794998784

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Thanks man that's some quality stdh

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
What makes this story of a man being denied service at a bar for wearing a Trump hat so believable are the statements he attributes to the staff:

NY Post posted:

The shake-up started when Piatek and two pals, after a visit to the 9/11 Memorial, ordered drinks at the posh tavern around 6:30 p.m. Jan. 28.

A female bartender served Piatek a $15 jalapeño margarita and his pals beers. But when he tried to order a second round, a male bartender noticed his hat — and skipped them, he said.

One of Piatek’s pals pointed out it was their turn to be served, but the bartender scoffed. “Is that hat a joke?” the Manhattan Supreme Court suit claims he said.

“Immediately it clicked,” Piatek said, adding that bartenders didn’t see the pro-Trump slogan until he turned his back to the bar.

“Ignoring me because I’m wearing the hat is ridiculous,” Piatek said. “It’s really sad.”

The “flustered” bartender got them a second round but allegedly “slammed the drinks down.”

A third bartender also asked Piatek if his lid was a joke and shouted, “I can’t believe you would support someone so terrible and you must be as terrible a person!,” Piatek claimed.

“I wasn’t even trying to order a drink and she said, ‘Don’t even try to order from me. I won’t get you a drink,’ ” Piatek alleged.

A manager said he spoke to the bar owner, and was told, “Anyone who supports Trump or believes what you believe is not welcome here. And you need to leave right now because we won’t serve you!,” according to the suit.

Piatek must be very stupid and anyone who believes him is also terrible!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I told him that he couldn't have it and to go back to his mom and he does. Just as I was walking out the door, I hear "That's her! The woman who stole my son's GameBoy!" Security swarms me and demands that I show them my purse contents to see if I had a GameBoy. I was livid. Mom has this smug smile on her face, like she knows she's going to get my GameBoy. I take out the GameBoy and say that it's mine and that I brought it in with me and they could check the security footage if they don't believe me. Mom says I'm lying and that she needs to leave soon and I should hand over the "stolen" GameBoy. The security guards freaking agree with her! Mom has an even bigger smug smile on her face.

But there's one thing she didn't count on. When I was a kid, I wrote my name on all my GameBoy cartridges. In permanent marker. The words faded over time but are still legible. And I have a very girly name. I take out the cartridge and tell the security guards "That's my name on this game. I wrote it on there a long time ago." The security guards take one look at it and agree that it's mine and since the game is mine, the system was probably mine too because the store has not carried a GameBoy Advance SP system or Pokemon Silver for years. Mom's face turns from smug to horrified in literally seconds as the security guards were now asking her questions about why she lied to them. I took all my stuff and left. The last thing I heard about it was Brat shouting about how Mom promised he could have it.

I think if Brat got bored with the iPad that fast, a GameBoy with one game and ancient graphics wouldn't keep his interest long either. But I'm not a parent, so what do I know, right?

Why would she turn out her purse? Like, just say, "nope, not happening" and leave. What are they gonna do (if she's white, I mean)?

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Pththya-lyi posted:

What makes this story of a man being denied service at a bar for wearing a Trump hat so believable are the statements he attributes to the staff:

Piatek must be very stupid and anyone who believes him is also terrible!

Wow, I just can't believe that bartenders would be picky about serving some people over others!
Also I thought that most businesses reserve the right to refuse service to anyone they choose (except for protected reasons like gender or race), but now that I've read the article he wasn't even denied service. He successfully ordered two rounds of drinks. He is basically suing (if his story is to be believed) a bar for couple of people working there saying mean things to him. What a snowflake!

psutify
Oct 19, 2012

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I don't care if that's made up, it's loving hilarious.

shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: don't forget your nipple

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

King of Foolians posted:

Wow, I just can't believe that bartenders would be picky about serving some people over others!
Also I thought that most businesses reserve the right to refuse service to anyone they choose (except for protected reasons like gender or race), but now that I've read the article he wasn't even denied service. He successfully ordered two rounds of drinks. He is basically suing (if his story is to be believed) a bar for couple of people working there saying mean things to him. What a snowflake!

The least believable thing about this is that bartenders or servers would basically say, "Cmon guys gently caress tips, this trump hat guy needs to know how wrong he is!" because politics is always more important than supporting yourself and your family with your meager hourly pay plus tips you make from being nice to people and giving them their drinks

Not that a trump supporter would tip because those dang bartenders gotta pull themselves up by their bootstraps and start printing money if they wanna make it in life

And not that a trump supporter wouldn't make poo poo up because those drat libtards

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

https://www.facebook.com/nizass/videos/1058654564261132/

This is the fakest poo poo