Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Carlosologist posted:

Forget it, thread. it's punchmans.

I think Goku v Ribrianne will be an interesting fight, if only to see what Ri's powers are and to see if she actually gets to use them

I feel like Ribrianne was positioned originally as a Buu analogue, and she does seem to be much more dangerous than any of her teammates. I wonder if she's got a similar capacity for shrugging off extreme amounts of damage?

I still hope she KO's Vegeta. It would be the perfect cherry on top of the Getting Owned sundae that Vegeta has been painstakingly assembling from the finest ingredients since Beerus first arrived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I hope Vegeta stops getting owned, he's grown as a person and deserves better now.

Now is the time for Goku to be owned (manga excluded)

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene

A Fancy Hat posted:

Art: 1.the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power

Dragonball - if you don't feel emotions when Jackie Chun and Goku face off in the first tournament, then you're dead inside. Verdict: ART
Dragonball Z - Piccolo sacrificing his life for Gohan. Verdict: ART
Dragonball GT - who gives a gently caress. Verdict: NOT ART
Dragonball Super - Goku and Krillin train together to get Roshi some magic weed. Verdict: ART

Not liking GT is the sign of a plebian. If you can't appreciate the muddled colors are droning music for what they are you sir are no critic.

I had a college professor in figure drawing who was really into anime. He genuinely sees manga in the same depth as van gogh.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

I hope Vegeta stops getting owned, he's grown as a person and deserves better now.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

GT's Japanese score seemed fine, and English GT at least has the goofy rap song.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

CharlestonJew posted:

It's Vegeta's fault for becoming too much of a family man and not being so much of a punchman anymore.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
All dragonball is objectively art by the literal definition.

Splitting art into "high" and "low" and "it's just entertainment shut your brain off" tiers reveals only the insecurity and immaturity of its viewer. It's a meaningless and arbitrary distinction. Read and enjoy.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I hope Vegeta gets owned because that sets him up for a "real" victory or cool moment in the future. He's still depicted front-and-center right next to Goku in DB promotional stuff, after all - they have to throw him a bone eventually. It just seems very unlikely that bone is coming this arc.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zinkraptor posted:

I hope Vegeta gets owned because that sets him up for a "real" victory or cool moment in the future. He's still depicted front-and-center right next to Goku in DB promotional stuff, after all - they have to throw him a bone eventually. It just seems very unlikely that bone is coming this arc.

I don't know, Vegeta only gets cool moments to set up him getting his rear end beat shortly after.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Zinkraptor posted:

but vegeta has constantly been getting owned since literally the saiyan saga

where does the setup end

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

You guys are probably right but I'd like to believe you aren't. Let me have this.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

sassassin posted:

All dragonball is objectively art by the literal definition.

Splitting art into "high" and "low" and "it's just entertainment shut your brain off" tiers reveals only the insecurity and immaturity of its viewer. It's a meaningless and arbitrary distinction. Read and enjoy.

i can't believe i'm agreeing with a sassassin post

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vegeta exists to be awesome, rack up body counts, and then hype the arcs villain by getting wrecked. Its what he does in literally every arc he appears in.

Vegeta is cool though because he has other poo poo in his life in addition to being second best punchman.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Vegeta used a racial slur to get ahead this episode, that's pretty un-cool

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

have what? vegeta getting owned? because he will, that's basically his job at this point

setting him up for a victory is what I find unlikely. he's got twice as many elims as the next best and he'll probably keep his lead until getting clowned on, but he's definitely gonna get clowned on

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Barudak posted:

Vegeta exists to be awesome, rack up body counts, and then hype the arcs villain by getting wrecked. Its what he does in literally every arc he appears in.

Vegeta is cool though because he has other poo poo in his life in addition to being second best punchman.

what's Vegeta's bodycount? a planet of bug people, some namekians, burter, jeice, android 19, and a stadium full of people

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
^^ bug people wasn't canon. He also killed Guldo. The way he stopped Frost was very reminiscent of that moment too. He also killed Recoome too. Basically he killed the entire Ginyu force besides the captain himself.

I wish Goku and Vegeta would do the fusion dance, but I know canonically Vegeta doesn't know the dance.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 20, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

seiferguy posted:

^^ bug people wasn't canon. He also killed Guldo. The way he stopped Frost was very reminiscent of that moment too. He also killed Recoome too. Basically he killed the entire Ginyu force besides the captain himself.

I wish Goku and Vegeta would do the fusion dance, but I know canonically Vegeta doesn't know the dance.

As of Super Vegeta has also killed GInyu

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

ImpAtom posted:

As of Super Vegeta has also killed GInyu

Oh yeah.

He also killed Dodoria and Zarbon too. He was a one man wrecking machine on Namek.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

what's Vegeta's bodycount? a planet of bug people, some namekians, burter, jeice, android 19, and a stadium full of people

nappa

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Oh yeah.

He also killed Dodoria and Zarbon too. He was a one man wrecking machine on Namek.

Also Cui! You can't forget Cui!

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

CharlestonJew posted:

He also killed Puipui, one of Babidi's henchmen.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ImpAtom posted:

Also Cui! You can't forget Cui!

Cui is high art

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Of course there's a page for it:

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_characters_killed_by_Vegeta

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

My favorite part of the wiki is that they have a new name for Kale's super saiyan form every week.

This week it's Super Saiyan Green apparently.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it should just be called ssb (super saiyan broly)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
why does Kale turn white when she powers up

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
God I wish the DBZ wiki was as self aware and great as the Transformers wiki

Kale should really be labled "WE REALLY DON'T WANT TO ADMIT SHE'S THE LEGENDARY SSJ"

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I liked LSSJ (the L stands for lesbian)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
On the flip side, Goku's kill list post Dragon Ball is pathetic. Yakon and Kid Buu? What a scrub.

His GT list is a bit better, at least.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

seiferguy posted:

On the flip side, Goku's kill list post Dragon Ball is pathetic. Yakon and Kid Buu? What a scrub.

he's directly to blame for Gowasu's death...
gently caress Goku

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Glagha posted:

I liked LSSJ (the L stands for lesbian)

Too accurate for DBZwiki

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

gently caress Goku

hey, gowasu didn't die

he got erased from existence

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

gently caress Goku

That one was all Gohan.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Goku is directly responsible for forcing most universes to literally fight or die. At least if Zeno just wiped them out he could’ve just done it while everyone was living their lives, not knowing their failure will be directly responsible for the deaths of trillions

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestheHammer posted:

I feel bad for you to, needing to twist yourself to convince yourself that a story must have good storytelling to enjoy it, sad.

Dragon Ball and Z is good storytelling. DB Super is not. DB SUper is bad and almost every new character introduced in Super has been bad. Sorry dude.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Blue Star posted:

Dragon Ball and Z is good storytelling. DB Super is not. DB SUper is bad and almost every new character introduced in Super has been bad. Sorry dude.

Lol no

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Burkion posted:

God I wish the DBZ wiki was as self aware and great as the Transformers wiki

Kale should really be labled "WE REALLY DON'T WANT TO ADMIT SHE'S THE LEGENDARY SSJ"

The reversal on what counts as good Dragon Ball has always saddened me. I liked when Broly was the coolest character ever. Also, Super is bad.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hey, assholes, stop being boring old men about a child's show for ten seconds and watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmbLfM0YVks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

That one was all Gohan.

And who exactly put Gohan in the oven all those years ago????