Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Maxwell Lord posted:

For this they'd have to make the building smaller.

tarps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

what if they made dummies out of tarps to fill seats

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 20, 2017

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what if they made dummies out of tarps to fill seats
Halloween PPV where all the seats are sold out... BY GHOSTS!!!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

The Kins posted:

this would be an insanely good gimmick for any company to be fair

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
just have an EMF meter in the bottom right to gauge crowd reactions for real this could be a thing

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The Kins posted:

MotU posted:

just have an EMF meter in the bottom right to gauge crowd reactions for real this could be a thing

And every time the crowd marks out enough La Parka pulls a new fan out of the afterlife to fill one of the ghost seats.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RZApublican posted:

Is this a level below the weekly PPV attendance or is that challenge next in line

I think the Fairgrounds was set up for 800-1000 but it was mostly paper, so it was basically running a dumpier, costlier Impact Zone.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Our local indie would run them out of town.

Is that Michael Blais
He's a cornerstone of my local indie too

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

sbaldrick posted:

They are expecting 500 people at the PPV according to a news report.

Which one is paying

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
I once bought a handheld sewing machine at that venue.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

MotU posted:

I was thinking instead of crowd cheering you have a bunch of spooky theremins go off when something cool happens. Maybe rattle some window blinds, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH7pAsbKnPg

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

RZApublican posted:

Impact365 coming soon to YouTube!

Every other day the main event is a Bram contract signing.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Formerly @IMPACTLVN

https://twitter.com/ImChelseaGreen/status/910351485808074754

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

sbaldrick posted:

They are expecting 500 people at the PPV according to a news report.

Reminder: This is their Wrestlemania

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It's like a Marlins game when there are more paid employees there than paying customers.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Bigass Moth posted:

It's like a Marlins game when there are more paid employees there than paying customers.

you saw that jon bois vid too huh

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mel Mudkiper posted:

honestly it seems like it will be on par with wm34 given the current raw/smackdown attendance

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

honestly it seems like it will be on par with wm34 given the current raw/smackdown attendance

Please we all know it will set an all time attendance record like it does every year we swear don't double check

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

checksin posted:

Is that Michael Blais
He's a cornerstone of my local indie too

It is indeed. I assume you also live in western Canada then. He's getting some mileage out of being the last graduate of the Hart Kidd dungeon, not to mention high-profile jobs to Braun and Lars Sullivan!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mel Mudkiper posted:

you saw that jon bois vid too huh

Yes but I've also seen Marlins games on TV where there can't possibly be more than 1000 people in attendance.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

It is indeed. I assume you also live in western Canada then. He's getting some mileage out of being the last graduate of the Hart Kidd dungeon, not to mention high-profile jobs to Braun and Lars Sullivan!

They should hold Slammiversary in Western Canada, if only because you just know that Bruce Hart would end up scamming them somehow.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Bigass Moth posted:

Yes but I've also seen Marlins games on TV where there can't possibly be more than 1000 people in attendance.

My dad just sent me a picture of the Marlins game he went to and yep, he was one of 1000 people there.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
1000 paying customers would be a wet dream for TNA. Come to think of it, 1000 PPV buys might be as well.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I never understood why this is their big event. Why not Slammiversary?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's not really a meaningful distinction

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bix has a new post at Deadspin talking about the new streaming service http://deadspin.com/jumping-on-the-streaming-bandwagon-wont-get-fans-to-pay-1814080407

If Anthem is really banking on this as a huge revenue stream they, uh, might be disappointed.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't like people like Anthem and I'm glad they tied this albatross around their neck.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The Pluto TV app has a pro wrestling channel that plays old TNA 24/7

I was flipping through Roku the other day and caught some One Night Only PPV from 2014

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

he doesn't mention tyson kidd here because it'd probably get him some cheers and he's one of our top heels i think
we kept cheering whenever he did cool flips, so now after he does them he flips us off
mike blais rules

e: oh and his wife is our best ref, like by a country mile
she's really good at it

checksin fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 21, 2017

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Benne posted:

Bix has a new post at Deadspin talking about the new streaming service http://deadspin.com/jumping-on-the-streaming-bandwagon-wont-get-fans-to-pay-1814080407

If Anthem is really banking on this as a huge revenue stream they, uh, might be disappointed.

Any revenue at all would be a good start.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

grack posted:

Any revenue at all would be a good start.

Not if it's in the same way the WWE network brings in more revenue at greatly increased costs and lowered profitability. Or in TNA's case, higher losses.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Not if it's in the same way the WWE network brings in more revenue at greatly increased costs and lowered profitability. Or in TNA's case, higher losses.

Well the service won't kill their PPV revenue (if they have any) since one of the benefits of a subscription is reduced-cost PPV, not actually getting them with the service.

Not that their service has any chance of succeeding, but this probably won't hurt any existing revenue streams they have.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
backing up MassRafTer, as one of the marks that paid to go to the TNA Asylum/State Fairgrounds from 2002-4, there were 100-150 or so $15 seats on the floor. Then 500-700 more bleacher type seats, depending on if they opened up the balcony part. They were $10, but almost certainly half freebies.

try the new taco place fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Sep 21, 2017

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Well the service won't kill their PPV revenue (if they have any) since one of the benefits of a subscription is reduced-cost PPV, not actually getting them with the service.

Not that their service has any chance of succeeding, but this probably won't hurt any existing revenue streams they have.

Yeah but they still have to pay to host it which while minimal I doubt they will be able to clear.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Jim takes a long time to explain himself but imagine being Jim and Jim's age & finding out on the internet that the company you work has changed Country!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHiHppapKdI&t=601s

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
changing countries is probably easier than dealing with Jim Cornette.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Maybe they changed countries to get rid of Cornette

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

grack posted:

Maybe they changed countries to get rid of Cornette

You can do that by writing a check to Vince Russo

unfortunately then you're stuck with Vince Russo

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I find Cornette being such good friends with Jeff Jarrett to be really loving weird. Corny is a fairly liberal dude, while JJ has been unabashedly conservative and pro-Trump (MIGA) for a few years at least. And then there's Jarrett's Russo fetish...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I find Cornette being such good friends with Jeff Jarrett to be really loving weird. Corny is a fairly liberal dude, while JJ has been unabashedly conservative and pro-Trump (MIGA) for a few years at least. And then there's Jarrett's Russo fetish...

It's probably the family connection, with Jim working with Jeff's father and grandmother, so he's probably blind to Jeff's shortcomings, having known him so long.

I mean, McMahon's insane, and people are still loyal to him.