Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Either Jarret's mom or grandma use to come snap peas with Cornette's mama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I find Cornette being such good friends with Jeff Jarrett to be really loving weird. Corny is a fairly liberal dude, while JJ has been unabashedly conservative and pro-Trump (MIGA) for a few years at least. And then there's Jarrett's Russo fetish...

It's not that hard to have friendships with people you may disagree with politically.

As was said before though, Cornette seems to want to help JJ out mostly because of the family connection. Cornette goes quite a ways back with Jarrett's dad.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/910946069567148032

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

God that's desperate

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

How hosed the company's become that I honestly would have been more surprised if they hadn't done something like this

also

sportsgenius86 posted:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

What's The Glorious One doing in the Jarrett Zone?!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wonder if Vince will even bother sending a cease and desist

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

That is loving amazing. Like, even by TNA standards that's loving amazing.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

holy gently caress that's just sad

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Gavok posted:

I'd be down for Godfrey Ho Presents Impact.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
poo poo guys got some preview footage of bound for glory and, well, spoilers

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I like how they cover their asses by just saying "he made the jump" instead of saying he jumped to Impact. Could just mean he jumped to NXT, if they had to argue it.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Phenix Rising posted:

I like how they cover their asses by just saying "he made the jump" instead of saying he jumped to Impact. Could just mean he jumped to NXT, if they had to argue it.

Probably more likely they're not using any of their brand names cause they still don't know if they own them yet.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Bobby Roode actually just "made the jump" from NXT to Smackdown.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

DJExile posted:

It's not that hard to have friendships with people you may disagree with politically.

Yeah, but it's hard for Cornette to have friendships with anyone, let alone people he disagrees with politically.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

tzirean posted:

Yeah, but it's hard for Cornette to have friendships with anyone, let alone people he disagrees with politically.

fair point

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I particularly love the thread of replies which starts with "Bobby Roode, just back from seeing the movie It..."

Has any promotion done this scale of time shifting? Like obviously you've had block tapings and I know Lucha Underground's last tapings were pretty far back but... drat.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

do they think people wouldn't notice

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I particularly love the thread of replies which starts with "Bobby Roode, just back from seeing the movie It..."

Has any promotion done this scale of time shifting? Like obviously you've had block tapings and I know Lucha Underground's last tapings were pretty far back but... drat.

Savoldi's ICW would show really old stuff in regular rotation, years old. I'm surprised this is getting so much attention now it has been known they were doing this for months.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a.lo posted:

To be honest, if you're the type of person who wouldn't care about paying to watch footage taped 3 years ago for a defunct company that TNA promoted for no reason, profit, or trademark rights to for half a year, you probably don't/won't care that there's misleading commentary included involving old and long-gone talent

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Not gonna lie, Cornette is pretty much my favorite person in wrestling

He can't book for poo poo, but he at least has an over-arching philosophy of what wrestling should be, and I respect that

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Not gonna lie, Cornette is pretty much my favorite person in wrestling

He can't book for poo poo, but he at least has an over-arching philosophy of what wrestling should be, and I respect that

You love Cornette but think he can't book for poo poo? I don't understand why someone would love Cornette but think SMW, OVW and 97 WWF were poorly booked.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

a.lo posted:

Probably, because there wouldn't have been anyone watching to notice it. That could have been the point though, this could be the wrestling equivalent of an ashcan copy.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

MassRafTer posted:

You love Cornette but think he can't book for poo poo? I don't understand why someone would love Cornette but think SMW, OVW and 97 WWF were poorly booked.

Because I think he hasn't adapted to the realities of the industry over the last two decades. Hell, everything you just said was good is at least 20 years old, which is the point.

I don't think he has become very good at creating good stories but he is very good at telling you why your booking is bad. As I said, he has a philosophy and he sticks to it, sometimes to his detriment.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RZApublican posted:

That could have been the point though, this could be the wrestling equivalent of an ashcan copy.

It's a program that got shopped around to TV stations 3 years ago that nobody bit on, and now at least 5 suckers somewhere in the country will have to pay to see it. And even if only one of them does, that's still money that wasn't coming from this 3 years ago

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is utterly astonishing - it was pretty sad when they put together footage so the viewer might be forgiven for thinking NXT's Bobby Roode was going to GFW, but to straight up say,"Here he is, Bobby Roode from NXT, he's made the jump!" is mind-boggling desperate.

Maxwell Lord posted:

In the wake of Heenan's death, I'm fairly certain Il read/heard about after he worked out his contract with AWA before moving to WWF, they held back the footage of him and other wrestlers who had made the move and then would pepper it through their televised shows to try and pretend that the guys you were seeing weekly in WWF were actually still with the AWA.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Please do not be shocked if I told you that TNA isn't trying to trick anyone and is just trying to get people to talk about them

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Savoldi's ICW would show really old stuff in regular rotation, years old. I'm surprised this is getting so much attention now it has been known they were doing this for months.

Tbf we were expecting reuse and misleading ads.

Redubbing the announcers on the actual show to lie even more was a wrinkle that we should have seen coming but didn't.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Please do not be shocked if I told you that TNA isn't trying to trick anyone and is just trying to get people to talk about them

Is this that 4-D chess everyone's been talking about?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Is this that 4-D chess everyone's been talking about?
They're more like those epikkk pranksters who go into grocery stores and throw milk on the floor then pretend to trip for youtube hits

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

RZApublican posted:

Probably, because there wouldn't have been anyone watching to notice it. That could have been the point though, this could be the wrestling equivalent of an ashcan copy.

Nullo actore nullus iudex.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Do we know the buyrate for TNAs PPVs over the last year? It can't possibly be more than 100 people right?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

Do we know the buyrate for TNAs PPVs over the last year? It can't possibly be more than 100 people right?

They were doing in the 7000 range in 2013 before their ratings really started to collapse (and Spike cancelled them).

If you asked me to pull a number out of my rear end, I'd guess somewhere in the 1000 range for the live story-relevant PPVs nowadays.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I would be more interested in the percentage of buys that are dirtsheet writers and YouTubers

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

This is utterly astonishing - it was pretty sad when they put together footage so the viewer might be forgiven for thinking NXT's Bobby Roode was going to GFW, but to straight up say,"Here he is, Bobby Roode from NXT, he's made the jump!" is mind-boggling desperate.

I'm pretty sure WWE could sue if they wanted to burn money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jerusalem posted:

Well, to be fair he's been off TV for weeks leading into a program with Dolph Ziggler so even time travelling to GFW might seem like a better option at the moment.