Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Lurdiak posted:

Having a black president really hosed up your country's conservatives.

If the other party didn't do such a terrible job in selecting their candidate, we wouldn't be saddled with the orange clown right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

Having a black president really hosed up your country's conservatives.

They were always that way, they just needed an excuse.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

joehonkie posted:

They were always that way, they just needed an excuse.

They were aimed in that general direction, but I think its hard to overstate the extent to which the election and, especially, re-election of Obama really kicked up the intensity.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

From Batman: The Red Death

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Those panels makes me sad.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, Bats lost his mind again?

Not a fan of that colouring.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I was thinking the other day that a story about an evil Batman would be more disturbing than any story about an evil Superman.

I did not know they were making such a story.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

CzarChasm posted:

I was thinking the other day that a story about an evil Batman would be more disturbing than any story about an evil Superman.

They're making like five of them. The evil Batmen are based on members of the Justice League and I think they are like made by the nightmares of the real Batman somehow. I am behind on comics.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

goatface posted:

Oh, Bats lost his mind again?

The current DC event is about an invasion from an alternate evil multiverse of a bunch of alternate evil Batman-isized DC characters.
There are one-shots coming out with backstory for each of them. The creation of a Bat-Flash is this one. They're another world's Bruce and Barry.

The next issue is for the Bat-Cyborg mashup. The cover features a death tank with Batman's face on the front, Thomas the Tank Engine style, so I'm guessing they're all going to be supremely ridiculous.

It's all knowingly over the top. Check my last baby Darksied post.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 21, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why are those lasers censored

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Why are those lasers censored

I think that's the Japanese variant cover.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

CzarChasm posted:

I'm looking forward to when he rigs a woman's womb to collapse.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

joehonkie posted:

Those panels makes me sad.

they're actually incredibly funny

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is he pixelising things? Is Batman making Adam Sandler films now?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Teenage Fansub posted:

I like how Aquaman's just fine.

Also, doesn't Hal wear his ring on his right hand? I mean, I guess I shouldn't comment since he's lost a leg there too, but the arm injury looks much more recent. I thought only Sinestro wore his ring on the left?

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 21, 2017

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I like The Flash's question mark, like he was going to make an argument or at least an imprecation, but then remembered who he was talking to and realized none of it would work, and was just left with "uhhhh...don't? don't do that, please?"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ryan North and Chris Hastings having some fun on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/910659657865351168

https://twitter.com/drhastings/status/910673482798764034

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

I like how Aquaman's just fine.

Also, doesn't Hal wear his ring on his right hand? I mean, I guess I shouldn't comment since he's lost a leg there too, but the arm injury looks much more recent. I thought only Sinestro wore his ring on the left?

I think half of Hal's arm is gone. I think the shooty beams coming from Batman the Tank Engine are erasing them.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

goatface posted:

Is he pixelising things? Is Batman making Adam Sandler films now?

Can you think of a more evil thing one could do?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Teenage Fansub posted:

The Speed Force isn't the first thing he stole.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Power Man and Iron Fist 68

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Oh my god is that Arthur Nagan. Is there Headmen Shenanigans afoot.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Maltose posted:

Oh my god is that Arthur Nagan. Is there Headmen Shenanigans afoot.

That is indeed Nagan, but if I remember the story right it's just him, not the other Headmen.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Arthur Nagan but no Headmen Shenanigans.

Headmen should be the villains of a second season of Defenders.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Gaunab posted:

Arthur Nagan but no Headmen Shenanigans.

Headmen should be the villains of a second season of Defenders.

Only if the Hulk shows up, but only as a cameo inside the brain of a tiny deer.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Who the hell is-

Marvel Wiki posted:

Dr. Arthur Nagan was a former surgeon who took the organs from gorillas to use in people. However, his scheme was allegedly thwarted by the gorillas, who somehow transplanted his head onto a gorilla’s body

I goddamn love comics.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Teenage Fansub posted:

The current DC event is about an invasion from an alternate evil multiverse of a bunch of alternate evil Batman-isized DC characters.
There are one-shots coming out with backstory for each of them. The creation of a Bat-Flash is this one. They're another world's Bruce and Barry.

The next issue is for the Bat-Cyborg mashup. The cover features a death tank with Batman's face on the front, Thomas the Tank Engine style, so I'm guessing they're all going to be supremely ridiculous.

I like to imagine it's selectively De-Rezzing parts of people's bodies.

All of the sudden a liver connected to some flesh pops up in the Grid.

"Welcome user" says the program as she plops it on top of a Lightcycle.

It manages to win the games and become champion, Diana's internal organs standing proud next to Tron.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Retro Futurist posted:

Who the hell is-

I goddamn love comics.

Hoo boy wait til you discover the rest of the Headmen.... Shrunken Bones, Ruby Thursday, Chondu. You are in for a wild ride.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

This was one of the gems created by none other than Steve Gerber, who left this world too soon.

I'm trying to remember a certain comic that's a tribute to him, but he's actually written as a character hooked up to a tank who's trying to pass on his legacy somehow..

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

I want this guy to show up again, but since it's 2017 everyone thinks he's a superhero for stealing pennies because he's removing them from circulation and discouraging their use.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

TenCentFang posted:

I want this guy to show up again, but since it's 2017 everyone thinks he's a superhero for stealing pennies because he's removing them from circulation and discouraging their use.
They gave that guy the death penalty. Yes, for stealing pennies.

Batman keeps the giant penny around as a reminder of this victory over criminals, when it's not being turned into a two-face gimmick.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

There's another Trump-as-President take in the "Zombo" strip that Al Ewing did for 2000 A.D. I only read it earlier this year.

It, too, is weirdly prescient.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TenCentFang posted:

Obviously the inspiration for that ice cream man from Dexter's Lab.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wanderer posted:

There's another Trump-as-President take in the "Zombo" strip that Al Ewing did for 2000 A.D. I only read it earlier this year.

It, too, is weirdly prescient.

He should have run back then just because he was so much easier to look at. Now he's all over the news 100% of the time and whenever I see his orange wrinkled potato face my skin crawls off the muscle.

Section Z posted:

They gave that guy the death penalty. Yes, for stealing pennies.

Actually, he killed someone at some point.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

TenCentFang posted:

He should have run back then just because he was so much easier to look at. Now he's all over the news 100% of the time and whenever I see his orange wrinkled potato face my skin crawls off the muscle.

Actually, he killed someone at some point.

And we've seen how often that gets the death penalty for other coin obsessives :v:

If only he had been disfigured to look like Abraham Lincoln, he could have lived.

Which in turn reminds me of unrelated, comics themed gone too soon City of Heroes. One of the very rarely showing Z list filler villains was "Bad Penny". Magical bullshit resulted in a life sized copper Abe Lincoln very bitter about his past experiences being trapped in coin jars and no longer being valuable enough to buy a gumball.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 22, 2017

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Binary Badger posted:

This was one of the gems created by none other than Steve Gerber, who left this world too soon.

I'm trying to remember a certain comic that's a tribute to him, but he's actually written as a character hooked up to a tank who's trying to pass on his legacy somehow..

Anyone with Marvel Unlimited needs to go read his She-Hulk run right the gently caress now. It starts with a 2 issue Superman/DC parody, then has his creation Howard the Duck in the most 70s style Gerber story you'll ever read in 1990. He then goes into a Batman parody and leaves soon thereafter, but his 12 issues are gold.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Panels from the flash batman thing + the judge death joker batman are the first thing I've seen from DC in years that seems good to me, assuming they're tounge in cheek heavy metal/2000AD refs and not extremely serious.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

TenCentFang posted:

... His name is Coyne. Goddammit.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

TenCentFang posted:

I'm reminded of that one Superman comic where our hero threatens a minor villain with death for pulling pennies out of his ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

Samovar posted:

I'm reminded of that one Superman comic where our hero threatens a minor villain with death for pulling pennies out of his ears.

In fairness, he is vulnerable to magic.