Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Renoistic posted:

Is the Wii U Breath of the Wild performance acceptable?

Seconding. It's perfectly playable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Renoistic posted:

I think the resolution is lower than the docked Switch, but the frame rate is (or was at launch) more stable, and I wish they just rendered it at 720 on the Switch and didn't do that stupid 900p rendering. So yes. Being tethered within 20-30ft of your WiiU however is not acceptable.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Pokken is like 75 thousand times better than arms and you dweebs should buy it and play me

seventy five thousand times zero is still zero

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kaubocks posted:

:fry:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kaubocks posted:

Sick Burn!

Everything sucks!

(I'm not buying either game after playing the demos for both a lot)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

wakka wakka

i'll be here all week

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
One of the rewards for the "winner" of the ability poll that they'll supposedly make that ability a priority to put into the last 3DS Kirby game coming out soon if the ability isn't already confirmed to be in the game.

So everybody is basically just asking to make the game harder if sleep is always one of the abilities given to you in, say a mode that randomizes the abilities given to you.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Oh no that sounds terrible

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Didn't sleep do something special and extra in one of the games?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Pokken is like 75 thousand times better than arms and you dweebs should buy it and play me

Arms is good, but pokken is better yeah. Yl we should do one of those 100 player rooms

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
The fact Mario and Link have had their iconic looks taken from them in their newest games either shows Nintendo's confidence in their brand now or shows how the company has changed I think. Notice how Pac-Man's alt colours in Smash are just glove/boot alterations, because he's Pac-Man, he has to be a specific yellow at all times. Sonic at least got more variation than he did in Brawl but he still has to be in the region of blue. Similarly Mario is basically always in overalls and Link is always in a tunic that is usually green. Not anymore fuckos!!!!!!!

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Sudden Javelin posted:

The fact Mario and Link have had their iconic looks taken from them in their newest games either shows Nintendo's confidence in their brand now or shows how the company has changed I think. Notice how Pac-Man's alt colours in Smash are just glove/boot alterations, because he's Pac-Man, he has to be a specific yellow at all times. Sonic at least got more variation than he did in Brawl but he still has to be in the region of blue. Similarly Mario is basically always in overalls and Link is always in a tunic that is usually green. Not anymore fuckos!!!!!!!

Link had blue and red tunics in multiple games, but ya, his base was always the green one until Wind Waker when it became a symbol of something more and he started with blue. Link also had the conductors outfit in Spirit Tracks, and I don't think he started in green there either. Then the masks in Majora's Mask (and in OOT). So the progression of suits in BOTW wasn't completely new in that it was out of character, just new in that so many are available in one game. The green tunic is still top dog in the game when it comes to fighting the final boss, even if you prefer a different style

Mario always had alternate outfits: fire flower suit, tanooki, frog suit, hammer suit, raccoon suit, etc.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 22, 2017

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Green is obviously link's main color over the years but he has had red and blue since literally the very beginning

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Official Bethesda statement on some Doom Switch details.

To summarize so you don't have to click through if you don't want to:
  • 30fps cap
  • Ported by Panic Button, as mentioned previously, in collab with Id
  • Single player campaign fits on a 16gb Switch cart, multiplayer is a 9gb download. So... 25gb max, then.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Kins posted:

• 30fps cap
  • Single player campaign fits on a 16gb Switch cart, multiplayer is a 9gb download. So... 25gb max, then.

Is 16gb the maximum size a Switch cart can be? What else has Panic Button done?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

They are styling themselves as switch port experts. They got the rocket league contract too

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

SeANMcBAY posted:

I doubt it; it's probably just cheaper than a 32GB cart.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Real hurthling! posted:

They are styling themselves as switch port experts. They got the rocket league contract too

Oh nice. The Rocket League port looks great.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Kins posted:

• 30fps cap

I'm totally ok with multiplayer being an optional download, I've never once played the multiplayer mode in FPS games that have an actual single player mode. Well, I tried the Wii Goldeneye one once. It wasn't good.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
any news or clues as to when RL drops by the way

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

lelandjs posted:

I'm totally ok with multiplayer being an optional download, I've never once played the multiplayer mode in FPS games that have an actual single player mode. Well, I tried the Wii Goldeneye one once. It wasn't good.

It's apparently pretty meh so it wouldn't be a great one to try. All multiplayer shooter games seem dull to be since Splatoon.

I wonder how they'll deal with that anyway. Include a download code just for the multiplayer?

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 22, 2017

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lelandjs posted:

N64 Perfect Dark multiplayer gave me years of fun. Probably only behind smash and kart for most hours of my life

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Remote mines and invisibility devices only

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

There are also 32gb carts but they're apparently a lot more expensive for the publisher, leading to awkward situations like Doom and RE Revelations Collection requiring you to download pieces of them before they're playable, or the physical Switch release of Rime costing more than the versions on other platforms.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Remote mines and invisibility devices only

nice. I also had a setup using only magnums and shotguns in the villa that I really liked and one with laptop/sentry guns and proxy mines everywhere

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Renoistic posted:

Yes. I played from day 1 of release through the entire game before I bought it on Switch.

There are a couple ways it's actually better than switch, I think loading times at faster on Wii U.

Either way it owns on both platforms.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's apparently pretty meh so it wouldn't be a great one to try. All multiplayer shooter games seem dull to be since Splatoon.

I wonder how they'll deal with that anyway. Include a download code just for the multiplayer?

Probably a code, though they could just do a straight download from in-game, or use the same cart certification check that Nintendo uses when you claim the Gold coins on your my nintendo account. Whats it to them since you have to launch it from the cart anyway?

The Kins posted:

There are also 32gb carts but they're apparently a lot more expensive for the publisher, leading to awkward situations like Doom and RE Revelations Collection requiring you to download pieces of them before they're playable, or the physical Switch release of Rime costing more than the versions on other platforms.

At least they didn't go cheap and use an 8GB cart like NBA2k18 did and still require a download.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

hmm. it's been confirmed DOOM 2016 doesn't have gyro aiming options, right? i was kind of hoping rocket league would-- i feel like there's potential there to make aerial maneuvers feel more natural but that could just be me imagining things. but if the same people are behind both ports i'm not gonna hold my breath

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

[quote="“SeANMcBAY”" post="“476658234”"]
[/quote]

There are 32gb carts, but using those might mean that doom is $80 instead of $60. I'd much rather download multiplayer for free than pay extra for a big cart.

Is this the first time Nintendo has charged for cards based on size? I don't remember any of this cart size drama for the 3ds or DS.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It's always been about cart sizes since NES times.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

There are 32gb carts, but using those might mean that doom is $80 instead of $60. I'd much rather download multiplayer for free than pay extra for a big cart.

Is this the first time Nintendo has charged for cards based on size? I don't remember any of this cart size drama for the 3ds or DS.

Pretty sure Nintendo has charged for cart sizes since NES. It was especially noticeable in the SNES era when larger games were $70+.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

SeANMcBAY posted:

Pretty sure Nintendo has charged for cart sizes since NES. It was especially noticeable in the SNES era when larger games were $70+.

My friend(s parents) in elementary school paid $80+ for Street Fighter II, but that was in NYC, probably from some bodega. I also remember most sports games and fighting games being $70 and up just because.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

here's some more gameplay footage of gal metal

looks like it's just "swing right joycon for kick", "swing left joycon for snare", and "swing both joycons for cymbal"? :whitewater:

i think this game is gonna be way more casual than initial impressions led me to believe

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sudden Javelin posted:

The fact Mario and Link have had their iconic looks taken from them in their newest games either shows Nintendo's confidence in their brand now or shows how the company has changed I think. Notice how Pac-Man's alt colours in Smash are just glove/boot alterations, because he's Pac-Man, he has to be a specific yellow at all times.

As a matter of fact, the World's Largest Pac-Man machine has two-player co-op and player 2 is green. :eng101:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I finished steamworld dig 2 in 10:01:00 and now I get to keep playing to find all the secrets. Fun game, worth the price. Indie devs should take note and stop selling games at like £30+ because most people won't buy them at that price.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
[quote="“Frankston”" post="“476662250”"]
I finished steamworld dig 2 in 10:01:00 and now I get to keep playing to find all the secrets. Fun game, worth the price. Indie devs should take note and stop selling games at like £30+ because most people won’t buy them at that price.
[/quote]

Let me know when you get there, I need someone to share in my misery

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Viewtiful Jew posted:

One of the rewards for the "winner" of the ability poll that they'll supposedly make that ability a priority to put into the last 3DS Kirby game coming out soon if the ability isn't already confirmed to be in the game.

So everybody is basically just asking to make the game harder if sleep is always one of the abilities given to you in, say a mode that randomizes the abilities given to you.

Kinda right, what they said is the winner will be free post-launch DLC for the game (which kinda hints that there will be other DLC with it).

You aren't randomly assigned a power either, you pick your favorite and take it to the ring to prove why it's the best. On the voting site if it has a Kirby icon that means it's already in the game, and if its got a red icon that means "we can't come up with a moveset for it in this game."

Curiously sleep doesn't have a red dot so they actually have some kind of moveset planned for it unless they plan to put it in and when selected your kirby just sleeps until it dies.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sudden Javelin posted:

Mario's maybe second to Mickey Mouse in terms of easily recognized fictional characters and has been for years/decades. He hasn't needed to be in his default outfit to be immediately cognizable for a long time.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I paid $70 for Gauntlet 2 as a kid. That was in the late 80s. :(

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So Golf Story is at TGS right now. Sites are reporting on TGS right now. Nobody is reporting about Golf Story except Game Informer and that's only because it's going to be in their upcoming issue, not because it's at TGS.

What the gently caress is going on with Golf Story!?!?

SeANMcBAY posted:

Oh nice. The Rocket League port looks great.
I.... what? When I saw it in the Nintendo Direct I said to my friend "holy poo poo, I didn't know Rocket League could look so bad."
gently caress am I evoking PC privilege?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
GOLF

STORY

WHEN

• Locked thread