Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BlondRobin posted:

That's the point, though, it's not in the game. If you just like FGO, you don't have to care about Kotomine because he's literally only found on CE art. His character means nothing to FGO.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with "play other Fate games because they are cool." The other games are cool. I'd recommend everyone play CCC if it wasn't exclusively in Japanese; hell, I'd LP it if I didn't have a job and LPs were still a thing and not totally paved over by Twitch. But there is zero required familiarity for FGO, and all the best moments in this game we are talking about in this thread stand on their own.
i dont think anyone thinks there is required familiarity, they just want a bit more context on some characters who get underexplored in fgo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the vn is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm starting to be scared about losing my NA account. :ohdear:

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Nyaa posted:

It have a sequal called kagetsu Tohya, a slice of life sequel.

Kagetsu Tohya is the visual novel I had probably had the most fun playing, gameplay-wise. It was fun trying to find all the various things that could happen, unlock secret routes, make things happen that couldn't happen on the last playthrough, etc. Is Hollow Ataraxia anything like that or is it a more traditional Fate or Tsukihime style?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm starting to be scared about losing my NA account. :ohdear:

If you've made a purchase of Saint Quartz then you shouldn't have any reason to be afraid.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Gloomy Rube posted:

Is Hollow Ataraxia anything like that or is it a more traditional Fate or Tsukihime style?
It's like click this new icon on the map to view this scene and unlock more with it.

The mini games are really fun though.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Hollow Ataraxia is a Groundhog Day loop with a lot of fun slice of life events as you try to figure out the mystery of the loop

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

EzEight posted:

If you've made a purchase of Saint Quartz then you shouldn't have any reason to be afraid.
Is something going on that I missed?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Tarezax posted:

Hollow Ataraxia is a Groundhog Day loop with a lot of fun slice of life events as you try to figure out the mystery of the loop

this is exactly the way kagetsu tohya played, so I guess I'll have to go for it when I get some free time, thanks.

Is finding an all-ages patch hard, or was it made recently enough for nasu to not stick in random sex scenes?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

just avert your gaze

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

RanKizama posted:

Is something going on that I missed?

Probably just referring to that if you bought some quartz, they have much more on file about you and it's much easier to get your account back from support if you lose access to it, even without a transfer password.

Stairmaster posted:

just avert your gaze

yeah, I can use the power of left ctrl, the strongest of all keyboard keys.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Gloomy Rube posted:

this is exactly the way kagetsu tohya played, so I guess I'll have to go for it when I get some free time, thanks.

Is finding an all-ages patch hard, or was it made recently enough for nasu to not stick in random sex scenes?

there are sex scenes but only one is mandatory and it's sort of story-significant in a spoilery way

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's one sex scene in hollow ataraxia and then a bunch of ones that are in a special menu/you have to specifically go out of your way to see

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

EzEight posted:

I'm safe then, I just wish support answered my emails faster.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the sex scenes are better in f/ha if it helps

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

the sex scenes are better in f/ha if it helps
rank the sex scenes in f/ha and f/sn from best to worst

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Like food cooked by archer instead of emiya.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Pulled on the Septem banner against my better judgement and got UMU to NP5. The rest were the 90th Jing Ke, 20th Robin hood and 8th with one strike. I will get Waver one of these days.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Hahaha Waver doesn't exist you fool. But I'll just keep using these mockups that someone must have hacked into the game for now.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I really feel sorry for anyone whose only exposure to Kotomine is "that guy who's on a few CEs"

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Suaimhneas posted:

I really feel sorry for anyone whose only exposure to Kotomine is "that guy who's on a few CEs"
He also makes a mean mapo tofu from what I hear.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Suaimhneas posted:

Soon, the movie will make him famous. For mapo tofu

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Where is my 5 star mapo tofu CE? :mad:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Suaimhneas posted:

The solution is Rasputin Pseudo-Servant. :yorokobe:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Give me just one stupid chaos claw today you stupid loving poo poo game. :rant:

Then I can mull over weather to ascend Martha or Cu and distract myself from the increasingly absurd amount of fangs I'll need to keep leveling all my friends.

Miltith75
Oct 29, 2011
I've had some ups and downs with both versions of FGO lately.

On the downside, I've possibly lost my JPN account. Something weird happened when I was transferring account between devices to buy quartz. According to the original device the account has been transferred but the new device is in the tutorial. I've sent my recovery request to support and they got back to me requesting more information which I have provided.
My worry is I don't know which device counts as the latest so I sent both details which may confuse them.
If I lose that account it'll be quite a bit of money down the drain but on the bright side it will quite a bit of phone memory and game time freed up.

Important reminder to people to both do a quartz purchase for the records as well as keep an up-to date list of all your servants and their levels. If my account recovery is successful my list of all my servants and partial level records is likely to have been a significant factor in it. If it fails it's likely due to the device confusion.

Also remember to bind your accounts again each time you do a transfer.

On the bright side, I just got Waver on the english version, second ticket on septum gacha, first five-star on that account.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Keeping am accurate up-to-date list of current servants and their levels is going to be nearly impossible IMO, especially as your roster starts to expand as more and more content and banners get released.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Nyaa posted:

Soon, the movie will make him famous. For mapo tofu

Which one? The one where he sells Shirou Black keys, only for Shirou to later claim that they were useless?

Or Heaven's Feel?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i just take a pic of my current support lineup every week or two and dump it on puush (if i've made progress), most of them don't change too much so that's at least a handful of servants saved as a record

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Or Heaven's Feel?
This.

Miltith75
Oct 29, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

Keeping am accurate up-to-date list of current servants and their levels is going to be nearly impossible IMO, especially as your roster starts to expand as more and more content and banners get released.

True enough, my list was mostly out of date due to the exp from Nerofest. Probably easier/better to maintain a list of servants who are at their max level or current ascension cap.

Miltith75 fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 22, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I pulled on this banner because I'm impulsive and will probably get more poo poo going through the early story. I got the red sword lady and nothing else of note.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Nuebot posted:

I pulled on this banner because I'm impulsive and will probably get more poo poo going through the early story. I got the red sword lady and nothing else of note.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck Yooooooooooouuuuuuuu

Jealous. :(

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

this game sucks, i keep getting claws from 20 ap instead of secret berserker gems

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Tsurupettan posted:

this game sucks, i keep getting claws from 20 ap instead of secret berserker gems

[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

RanKizama posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck Yooooooooooouuuuuuuu

Jealous. :(

Is she good then? I managed to upgrade her to level 10.

Tsurupettan posted:

I haven't gotten a single berserker upgrade item yet and I need to make my heracles even more buff.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Tsurupettan posted:

Is this some kind of sick joke, or.....?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

it's both a joke and not. i can use the extra claws for liz since lancelot is getting my existing ones, but i care about liz less than i do about kintoki being 10/10/10

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The thing with claws is that there will be, eventually, a fairly steady stream of them basically every event going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof
gacha status: i have never pulled a 4-star that isn't stheno