Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Sakurazuka posted:

The SNES controller was the first good game controller

I always liked the Genesis 6 button controller. The shoulder buttons on the SNES controller were to small for me, but its still a drat fine controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ether Frenzy posted:

<exhausts self moving mouse across 9" mousepad, goes for a nap>

It's much heavier than the regular Xbone pad. Seems designed to alleviate gaming journalists saying it "feels cheap" because they can't tell the difference between "well made" and "a few extra pennies glued inside to make it feel worth more money".

A controller needs to be light for maximum comfort.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

veni veni veni posted:

What was bad about it? It was basically the 360 controller 1.0

Still had to have that lovely non-Nintendo-patent-infringing d-pad and also couldn't choose the best alternatives as Sega and Sony owned those

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I bought a bone and destiny 2 so im gonna bookmark this thread

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

:f5:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I am the day walker

I pass between sharktank and hugbox unscathed

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ether Frenzy posted:

Yes, this 12 ounce device is just too heavy

<exhausts self moving mouse across 9" mousepad, goes for a nap>

Learned muscle memory is a hell of a thing. You end up thinking all other ways of doing a task are bad.

[quote="“Intel&Sebastian”" post="“476669762”"]
I am the day walker

[/quote]

I prefer to avoid low hanging fruit, myself. Welcome.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I am the day walker

Lmao if you paid for xbl

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cojawfee posted:

I don't understand why people want that. The original xbox controller was terrible. I'm surprised Microsoft was able to get it right with the 360 controller.

i never got the hate about the duke. i did prefer the s but the duke was fine even for me with my tiny hands :shrug:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Real hurthling! posted:

Lmao if you paid for xbl

Lmao if you haven't gotten like 177 Xbox games for like $200 for XBL cards. Better hit to dud ratio than loving with steam bundles for it too

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Can anyone give me some suggestions for some local co-op games? I want to play with my wife who isn't really into games, and maybe lure some guests in if they want. So far I have Overcooked and a Walking Dead season 1 (she likes to make the decisions with me). I need something accessible, (no FPS or sports) but not overly simplified.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Diablo 3, play on normal and it has almost zero skill requirement other than functioning limbs.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

fishmech posted:

Lmao if you haven't gotten like 177 Xbox games for like $200 for XBL cards. Better hit to dud ratio than loving with steam bundles for it too

:same:

[quote="“obi_ant”" post="“476676125”"]
Can anyone give me some suggestions for some local co-op games? I want to play with my wife who isn’t really into games, and maybe lure some guests in if they want. So far I have Overcooked and a Walking Dead season 1 (she likes to make the decisions with me). I need something accessible, (no FPS or sports) but not overly simplified.
[/quote]

Talking about the above free games, there have been a bunch of free platformers for the Bone such as Chariot, Speed Runners and Runbow, which may or may not be to your liking.

Worms: Battlegrounds and Lovers in Dangerous Spacetime are okay multiplayer games that were handed out for free.

Valiant Hearts is a decent game your wife might like, it's single player but more puzzle-ish than jumping on mushroom monster heads. The Wolf Among Us was free too, like Walking Dead but based upon the Fables comics.

On the Xbox 360 side, there is Battleblock Theater, Charlie Murder, Monaco, the first two Monkey Island remasters, and a bunch of those LEGO games.

You might want to see what's available on the Xbox Pass or whatever it's called, a ton of these games are ones that were handed out as free Games With Gold.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Disable smart quotes in iphone keyboard settings.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Lol why would you do that, its like the worst version (game and the thread)

Get around path of exile imo

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Wheany posted:

Disable smart quotes in iphone keyboard settings.

That's weird, only started doing it recently, and not consistently. Thank you though.

iOS 11!!!!!!!!:argh:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Sep 23, 2017

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Diablo 3, play on normal and it has almost zero skill requirement other than functioning limbs.

This, especially since you can customize difficulty. At least with Witch Doctor there's a viable "you only need to press one button" build that works even at higher game levels.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

obi_ant posted:

Can anyone give me some suggestions for some local co-op games? I want to play with my wife who isn't really into games, and maybe lure some guests in if they want. So far I have Overcooked and a Walking Dead season 1 (she likes to make the decisions with me). I need something accessible, (no FPS or sports) but not overly simplified.

There are lots of great indie pick up and play coop games. Fun and wacky. Short rounds. Especially if you have a range of gaming skills in the team. These leap to mind.

* Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
* Guacamelee
* Rocket League
* Rayman Legends
* Octodad
* Goat Simulator

Guacamelee might be too hard. Rayman Legends is great because you can all be platforming, or one player can be this floaty thing that supports to running around players. Octodad and Goat Simulator work because you are meant to be terrible and have a good time.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

This, especially since you can customize difficulty. At least with Witch Doctor there's a viable "you only need to press one button" build that works even at higher game levels.

I beat it with my wife and she enjoyed it but died her one and only time on the final boss and felt bad cause i told her it was impossible to die to get her to play in the first place

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Diablo 3 on Normal difficulty is pretty much the "I have never played a video game before in my life" setting.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
In the end Diablo’s basic game arc is finding better and better gear and more and more powerful builds so that harder and harder levels feel like playing Diablo III on normal difficulty.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

I beat it with my wife and she enjoyed it but died her one and only time on the final boss and felt bad cause i told her it was impossible to die to get her to play in the first place

If you mean Malthael (the UEE final boss) yeah, that boss definitely does things you have to pay attention to like those gas clouds. And on Torment 6 even professional streams have times nearing 4 hours for him.

I hope you weren't playing with hardcore characters. :v:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

If you mean Malthael (the UEE final boss) yeah, that boss definitely does things you have to pay attention to like those gas clouds. And on Torment 6 even professional streams have times nearing 4 hours for him.

I hope you weren't playing with hardcore characters. :v:

Just the ps4 launch campaign on hard

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

EB Games :canada: just put the TB Elite 800x headset on sale for $100 off so I bought it... One more terrifying step towards committing to owning an xboxox​.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Intel&Sebastian posted:

hello friend

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Real hurthling! posted:

thats the only boss in the game where you cant just push random buttons and ignore ground effects and win on normal

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012

obi_ant posted:

I think Sonic Allstar Racing Transformed is backwards compatible. A fun game if you guys like Mario Kart.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

I think Sonic Allstar Racing Transformed is backwards compatible. A fun game if you guys like Mario Kart.

Yeah that went backwards compatible last year.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

Superior to MK8.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

veni veni veni posted:

What I should have said is that it was the first decent game controller for modern 3D games.

You're still astoundingly wrong.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

fishmech posted:

Lmao if you're not getting that $20/year Microsoft employee discount scrub

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

You're still astoundingly wrong.

How about saying what you thought was so great instead of useless vague comments? Astound me.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I tried the TB 800x headset on my PC as I wait for the xboxox and all I can say is it better be a nicer experience on xbox with "true lol" 7.1. Could only get stereo through the controller despite saying it has bluetooth PC support and while the bass was beefy it wasn't any better than my Logitech G533s overall, which are usually $200 Cdn cheaper.

Was also designed for a baby's ears/head as it barely fit at maximum size. And my ears at least aren't very big - never had an ear size issue with anything else.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
The Duke is the 2nd best controller ever made (behind the Dreamcast controller, ofc).

I'll be buying enough of these new Dukes for all my PCs/consoles.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Did they at least make the internals good?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Why in the world would anyone be excited about another controller from the people who made this creaky squeaking rear end poo poo that still uses AA batteries

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Why in the world would anyone be excited about another controller from the people who made this creaky squeaking rear end poo poo that still uses AA batteries

Its a 3rd party repro

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

which 3rd party though

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The one with the middle management orgy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah, why would I ever want to quickly swap out my batteries and throw the old ones on the charger when I could instead find some place to plug it in?