Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Star Man posted:

Is it February yet?

The open beta is January. It isn't January yet either :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Will there be a PC beta?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Do you promise not to datamine and nude mod it?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I had a great time not getting any matches in the closed beta.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQKjNSK1eRE new story teaser

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

This new trailer includes that story teaser at the end, plus new footage showing a new arena:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pITf-cya_tk

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There's some shots of Tien & Yamcha in here: http://gematsu.com/gallery/dragon-ball-fighterz/september-20-2017/

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Doggles posted:

This new trailer includes that story teaser at the end, plus new footage showing a new arena:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pITf-cya_tk

this not having tien and yamcha is really weird and makes me think those dudes are super not finished in any way

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Blockhouse posted:

this not having tien and yamcha is really weird and makes me think those dudes are super not finished in any way

there's screens of them so they have to be moderately done

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

anime was right posted:

there's screens of them so they have to be moderately done

yeah I mean like they're clearly modeled and done enough for stills but probably would look jank as gently caress in motion

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Real hurthling! posted:

I can't make commitments that far ahead in the future.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

No beta

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Hey, just being faithful to the source material.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/910932421859667968

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
thats not what that word means

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
With the introduction of Android 21 in the story of DRAGON BALL FighterZ, the plot certainly HAS BIG TITTIES THAT MAKE ME HORNY! 

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Countblanc posted:

thats not what that word means

They're very excited about 16, alright?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

dangerdoom volvo posted:

With the introduction of Android 21 in the story of DRAGON BALL FighterZ, the plot certainly HAS BIG TITTIES THAT MAKE ME HORNY! 

:yeah:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thicc'ns

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I hope 21 just turns out to be Gero's new body and he just felt like experimenting this time.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

same

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

dangerdoom volvo posted:

love them robutts

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://clips.twitch.tv/CrazyCrazyPotBuddhaBar

https://clips.twitch.tv/ZealousSlickEyeballSoBayed

yamcha and tien teaser videos showing off some of their moves

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I'm happy to be wrong

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

aah, there is the wolverine function

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/AlzarathEX/status/911497394881212416

General Morden fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Sep 23, 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
wow they made they made loving yamcha look cool lol

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
He's always looked cool, he just lacked effectiveness.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yamcha's moves are cool.

And sometimes so is Yamcha himself

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Yamcha's moves are cool.

And sometimes so is Yamcha himself

https://imgur.com/gallery/b3WlL

yamcha!!!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I wish there was footage of actual truly good players out there. Right now my biggest concern for the game(besides netcode) is damage ouput seems quite low. That combined with the fact that the amount of health that can be regen'ed after damage is absurdly high compared to most fighting games, and the not-x-factor lets you regen that health at an absurd speed(on top of your team mates regen outside of battle) makes game length way long.

Now that said it could just all be because everyone's bad and nobody is doing anything even remotely optimal but still its a thing that irks me.

Is there a way to take away a foes regenable health?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Yamcha is cool please respect yamcha

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

I wish there was footage of actual truly good players out there. Right now my biggest concern for the game(besides netcode) is damage ouput seems quite low. That combined with the fact that the amount of health that can be regen'ed after damage is absurdly high compared to most fighting games, and the not-x-factor lets you regen that health at an absurd speed(on top of your team mates regen outside of battle) makes game length way long.

Now that said it could just all be because everyone's bad and nobody is doing anything even remotely optimal but still its a thing that irks me.

Sparkling was nuts with the beta with the regen being outheal some supers that didn't do all the damage in one burst and people just started figuring out stuff like it allowing you to jump cancel normals on block, vanish cancels and etc at the end. I think they'll definitely tone it down. I don't think the game will ever have MvC3 damage but even without training mode people were finding 50%+ combos for a couple bars.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Laffin irl at the android threadtag

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sparkling outhealing Buu's candy level 3 is funny to me. The damage scaling is absurd.

But yeah I saw that if you snap a character in it seems to get rid of the blue life.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Please call the snapback mechanic by its proper name of Get Outta Here!

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Evil Canadian posted:

Good players

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Evil Canadian posted:

Did you see the sets nakkiel and tatsu played against each other? It's not the highest level of play possible, of course, but it shows that it isn't that hard to get okay damage for not a lot of resources. It's never gonna be a ToD game, but you build meter very fast and if you use it well...

https://twitter.com/tatsunical/status/910257168682586112

That's effectively two bars for 70%. There was another combo I can't find that ended up meter-positive and did about 50% too. Autocombo/starting from lights seems to scale the combo a lot, I wouldn't mind it if scaling was less harsh on that and on lvl3 enders, but you could argue you should just end light confirms into a mixup situation instead of trying to kill from it. Lvl3 Sparking is kinda ridiculous tho, the healing really needs to be finetuned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Dias posted:

Did you see the sets nakkiel and tatsu played against each other? It's not the highest level of play possible, of course, but it shows that it isn't that hard to get okay damage for not a lot of resources. It's never gonna be a ToD game, but you build meter very fast and if you use it well...

stuff here

That's effectively two bars for 70%. There was another combo I can't find that ended up meter-positive and did about 50% too. Autocombo/starting from lights seems to scale the combo a lot, I wouldn't mind it if scaling was less harsh on that and on lvl3 enders, but you could argue you should just end light confirms into a mixup situation instead of trying to kill from it. Lvl3 Sparking is kinda ridiculous tho, the healing really needs to be finetuned.

Alright then that alleviates the fears a bit. Just hard to judge when all the footage I see is everyone just mashing like crazy.

Still need real netcode though, game is going to release in 2018 with no rollback netcode is drat shameful. Delay base with the army of casual fans DBZ gonna bring on on their broken rear end wifi connections is going to lead to a lot of frustration at launch.

I wish other fighting games did NRS's wifi public shaming technique.