Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Jon Jones guilty?
This poll is closed.
Of course 89 55.28%
No way 6 3.73%
We'll wait and see 8 4.97%
Chael was right 58 36.02%
Total: 161 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Work Friend Keven posted:

You all laughed and joked about how he was spending his free time hunting down hitler but I doubt even one of you has ever tried to find hitler. Easy to just sit online and watch anime and giggle at someone trying to accomplish something in their life.

i saw hitler in an anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
You spend all this time searching for hitler only to realize he's been right there in your heart all along

mewse
May 2, 2006

chaleski posted:

Tim Kennedy pulled a loving gun on a USADA agent, armed paranoid alt-right military veterans are probably the most dangerous.

I'm not sure if you've been following but when white people do crazy poo poo with guns they just love freedom too much. I kinda resent the implication that Tim did something wrong.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

The show is called hunting hitler so I'm assuming hitler is getting shot with something, most likely a crossbow

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I hate Tim Kennedy as much as anyone can hate another human being and have since before he was in the UFC

Want to share a story? Ive seen you post about him before and I'm curious

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

he gets sexual pleasure from murdering brown people. heard him say it on a podcast.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Diaz Vs McGreggor 3 in talks

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

willie_dee posted:

bad rear end

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Should put to rest the Diaz doesn't draw talk if it happens.

Gzuz-Kriced
Sep 27, 2000
Master of Spoo
It's hard for me to care about that fight. Of the possible fights he could have, it's perhaps the least interesting fight I can think of for McGregor. I'd much rather see him defend the 155 belt against (insert any top 155 fighter) or even go back to 145 if he can still make that weight and rematch Holloway.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I don't think Conor is ever going back to 145, and I doubt he'll defend the 155 belt before the end of this year.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Conor will never defend a title

Gzuz-Kriced
Sep 27, 2000
Master of Spoo

kensei posted:

I don't think Conor is ever going back to 145, and I doubt he'll defend the 155 belt before the end of this year.

I don't think he'll go back to 145 either. Diaz will probably be the next fight, but I just don't care about it. If the fight is at 155, how would it not be for the belt though? I can't imagine any reason they'd fight at 170 again.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Gzuz-Kriced posted:

I don't think he'll go back to 145 either. Diaz will probably be the next fight, but I just don't care about it. If the fight is at 155, how would it not be for the belt though? I can't imagine any reason they'd fight at 170 again.

For the belt at 155 would be cool as fook

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Despite what goons think, just having the name Diaz does not mean you get an instant title shot

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

mewse posted:

For the belt at 155 would be cool as fook

If this happens neither the current nor the next LW champ will ever have a successful title defense

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

kensei posted:

Despite what goons think, just having the name Diaz does not mean you get an instant title shot

Wrong

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

kensei posted:

If Conor says he wants to fight Nate, he's gonna fight Nate

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

kensei posted:

True they need to lose to a more deserving contender first

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

i don't hate tim kennedy like the rapists, murderers, wife beaters etc that deserve real scorn, but he is a massive dickhead and basically every anecdote involving him speaking his mind is fun to read as a cautionary tale of what happens when you stuff american jingoism into a human shaped sack sack

He's like if those airport fiction books about lone agents taking on (shakes madlibs set) Jihadist druglord liberal environmentalists hell bent on heavily regulating the American justice department were about real people. So, instead of shooting dozens of enemy agents, he's just a paranoid weirdo who does heaps of steroids.

willie_dee posted:

For gently caress's sake.

I heard someone insist that Ferguson, on a 9 fight win streak, needed a couple more top wins to get a title shot.

I don't get this sport anymore.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

willie_dee posted:

Would they make it at Welter so he doesn't have to defend the belt? Would they have the balls to make it at LW but not for the belt?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Why wouldn't they just make it for the belt?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Because Nate might win.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Lloyd Boner posted:

Why wouldn't they just make it for the belt?

Not defending is kind of Conor's gimmick at this point. It'd be sad to break his streak.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Memento posted:

Would they make it at Welter so he doesn't have to defend the belt? Would they have the balls to make it at LW but not for the belt?

Conor has said he'd want their 3rd fight to be at 155, I imagine what would happen is a stupid pointless mini-tournament between Conor/Nate and Ferguson/Lee

Well, until Conor gets a wild hair up his rear end and challenges for the 170 belt or Marcelo Garcia in a grappling match or whatever

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

Because Nate might win.

That's fine?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/912100972234653697

So it's confirmed then

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Work Friend Keven posted:

You all laughed and joked about how he was spending his free time hunting down hitler but I doubt even one of you has ever tried to find hitler. Easy to just sit online and watch anime and giggle at someone trying to accomplish something in their life.
Congratulations on your first unironic true post, keven

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Well he's at least a murderer and admitted to killing women and children when bashing people with PTSD (whether that's true or not who knows)

Killing women and children who point guns at you is cool

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I am Otis posted:

Want to share a story? Ive seen you post about him before and I'm curious

Honestly nothing dramatic. Just a lot of stupid Army politics stuff where he was aleays speaking up for things I didn't like and associating with people I didn't like. My friend was the hand to hand combat coordinator for 3rd Special Forces Group while Kennedy was in 7th on the same post so I'd occasionally be in the same room as him and his idiot butt buddies, though we've never even spoken. He irritated me because he was very clearly all about Tim Kennedy and was a massive showboater, which is a cardinal sin for most Special Forces types, but especially because there was aminority of idiots like him that grew a lot during my time in.

He really pissed me off when he went to the press, while on active duty, crying that the Army wouldn't keep him on a CIF team (elite antiterrorist thing) and let him fight full time. The Army was willing to let him stay on active duty, just not let him be deadweight on his team while he was off being a glory hog. He could have been like Colton Smith and basically been paid to train full time, but he gave a bunch of interviews about how unfair the Army was because they wouldn't cater to Princess Tim Kennedy.

There's a bunch of little things he does that grate on me, like calling himself an "operator" or a "Ranger" when he just went to Ranger school, was never in Ranger Regiment. its deeply infuriating because I think Tim Kennedy not only exemplifies what I see as a rot at the soul of Special Forces but has materially contributed to it by being Tim Kennedy.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Snowman_McK posted:

He's like if those airport fiction books about lone agents taking on (shakes madlibs set) Jihadist druglord liberal environmentalists hell bent on heavily regulating the American justice department were about real people. So, instead of shooting dozens of enemy agents, he's just a paranoid weirdo who does heaps of steroids.

I genuinely believe Tim Kennedy isn't on steroids, not that I'd be terribly surprised if he was.

The specific problem with Tim Kennedy is more that he has a very specific and responsible job that involves violence and he took that to mean he's the protagonist of an airport novel. He's like those guys who get a job as a small town cop and decide they're Dirty Harry.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

I liked when KG beat the poo poo out Kennedy

mewse
May 2, 2006

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Honestly nothing dramatic. Just a lot of stupid Army politics stuff where he was aleays speaking up for things I didn't like and associating with people I didn't like. My friend was the hand to hand combat coordinator for 3rd Special Forces Group while Kennedy was in 7th on the same post so I'd occasionally be in the same room as him and his idiot butt buddies, though we've never even spoken. He irritated me because he was very clearly all about Tim Kennedy and was a massive showboater, which is a cardinal sin for most Special Forces types, but especially because there was aminority of idiots like him that grew a lot during my time in.

He really pissed me off when he went to the press, while on active duty, crying that the Army wouldn't keep him on a CIF team (elite antiterrorist thing) and let him fight full time. The Army was willing to let him stay on active duty, just not let him be deadweight on his team while he was off being a glory hog. He could have been like Colton Smith and basically been paid to train full time, but he gave a bunch of interviews about how unfair the Army was because they wouldn't cater to Princess Tim Kennedy.

There's a bunch of little things he does that grate on me, like calling himself an "operator" or a "Ranger" when he just went to Ranger school, was never in Ranger Regiment. its deeply infuriating because I think Tim Kennedy not only exemplifies what I see as a rot at the soul of Special Forces but has materially contributed to it by being Tim Kennedy.

So you're saying he's exactly the type of douchebag you would expect from his public persona

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

mewse posted:

So you're saying he's exactly the type of douchebag you would expect from his public persona

every time someone has asked before I've just said "in person, Tim Kennedy is exactly like he is on TV." People can feel free to ignore my Long posts

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Lloyd Boner posted:

I liked when KG beat the poo poo out Kennedy

:yeah:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Fat Twitter Man posted:

every time someone has asked before I've just said "in person, Tim Kennedy is exactly like he is on TV." People can feel free to ignore my Long posts

I will read any amount of information, no matter how long, as long as it's about how awful Tim Kennedy is.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I found it fascinating. It's a contrast to Floyd Mayweather who tries to cultivate a persona as an rear end in a top hat but everyone who's met him IRL say he's a great guy

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Hearing from people who have trained with him this is exactly how he comes across in their stories.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Lloyd Boner posted:

That's fine?

Not for the UFC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
gently caress it, book it for the title, let chaos reign if Nate wins.

But the idea that anyone else apart from Tony Ferguson should be fighting Conor is laughable. 9-fight streak and never missed weight.

• Locked thread