Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

prefect posted:

John Walker, the former USAgent, who had been a replacement Captain America for a while. Kind of villainy, but he transitioned into "huge jackass that's at least on our side, kinda-sorta".

I was really, really annoyed the mini bringing together Caps of different eras had John there just to completely ignore any nuance to his character and make him a one note jingoistic joke. (good name for a band)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Some of you guys seem to have real trouble figuring out what badass means in the context of a super-powered fight.

Maybe I'm outta my tree but here's my 2 cents on that: if the underdog wins despite his disadvantages it's badass, if the guy with all the advantages just wins, it's not badass, even if it's executed pretty well.

On the plus side we don't get nearly enough George Perez around here.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I'd argue that Hawkeye is pretty badass fightin USAgent when he doesnt have any realistic chance of winning, or I would if Hawkeye wasnt the kind of guy who just kind of assumes he'll win in any given situation.

It does remind me of one of my favourite bits of... I'm not going to say badassery because its really just some petty spiteful bullshit, but we dont have a "Favourite moments of petty bullshit in comics" thread, so... Anyway, at the start of one of the big "Avengers.... in SPAAAAAAACE" arcs (I think operation: Galactic Storm, but I stand ready to be corrected, I havent read the comic in years so I'm gonna get details wrong) they are picking which members of the avengers teams are going to go into space, and who is going to stay behind and babysit earth. USAgent is picked to go, Hawkeye is told (much to his annoyance) that he has to stay, because they think they will need more muscle in space. So Clint storms out muttering about this being some bullshit while Agent smugs it up. A short time later Clint returns to the committee room having chugged a dose of Pym PArticles. "So you dont think Hawkeye is enough muscle? How about GOLIATH?" So Clint goes into space, and USAgent storms out muttering how this is some bullshit.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Turns out it's not so bad to be a one-legged man in an asskicking contest

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

A one legged man juiced up with the Super Saiyan 2 version of the super soldier serum should not be underestimated.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nilbop posted:

Some of you guys seem to have real trouble figuring out what badass means in the context of a super-powered fight.

Maybe I'm outta my tree but here's my 2 cents on that: if the underdog wins despite his disadvantages it's badass, if the guy with all the advantages just wins, it's not badass, even if it's executed pretty well.

On the plus side we don't get nearly enough George Perez around here.

Is there a later set of panels that shows Clint getting US Agent back? Because these panels would make that badass.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

*Paging Dr. Karl Malus and/or Curtiss "Power Broker" Jackson to the Heroes, Villains, and Forgotten Weirdos thread*

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jordan7hm posted:

Is there a later set of panels that shows Clint getting US Agent back? Because these panels would make that badass.

Not exactly.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

At this point I'll take panels of ANYONE kicking US Agent's rear end.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

VolticSurge posted:

At this point I'll take panels of ANYONE kicking US Agent's rear end.

prefect fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 25, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

On the one hand it's nice to see him get his poo poo kicked in. On the other the art is confusing me. Did that thing just cut his arm& leg off or smack him in the face? Because it looks like it did both.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

VolticSurge posted:

On the one hand it's nice to see him get his poo poo kicked in. On the other the art is confusing me. Did that thing just cut his arm& leg off or smack him in the face? Because it looks like it did both.

Considering he's missing an arm and a leg in the wheelchair panels seems likely.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

VolticSurge posted:

I think having his arm and leg suddenly removed caused him to arch back, possibly in some kind of pain.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

I like how you could replace "Osborne" with "Trump" and pretty much get the same effect.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
It was pretty stupid to have ever supported Osborn. That was like, a really, really stupid plot development even if the resulting Dark Avengers era was pretty fuckin cool. Then again...Trump is president...Christ.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Trump may be a stupid, racist, selfish, self-deluded rear end in a top hat, but he never dressed up in a goblin costume and threw bombs at people/girls off bridges. I mean, I'm not saying he won't. But so far he hasn't.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I'm gonna say what we're all thinking: Trump absolutely should do all those things

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Trump may be a stupid, racist, selfish, self-deluded rear end in a top hat, but he never dressed up in a goblin costume and threw bombs at people/girls off bridges. I mean, I'm not saying he won't. But so far he hasn't.

Only because nobody let him. Yet.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

He's like 70 and he's real fat though

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

Probably just can't find one that fits him.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

I could stand in the middle of fifth avenue and pumpkin bomb Gwen Stacy and not lose any voters

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I 100% believe that Trump has thrown someone off a bridge and we've simply never heard about it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am pretty sure that Trump could reenact the Sniper scene from The Dead Zone and Sean Hannity would say that baby totally should feel proud for being our President's shield.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

I am pretty sure that Trump could reenact the Sniper scene from The Dead Zone and Sean Hannity would say that baby totally should feel proud for being our President's shield.

Funny you should mention that.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Maltose posted:

I 100% believe that Trump has thrown someone off a bridge and we've simply never heard about it.

I thought it was Christie who had problems with bridges.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/dan_werneck/status/912461307936468992

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

While I don't really like the aesthetic of a lot of modern comics compared to the Marvel Age of comics, I think complaining that modern artists aren't Kirby is a little bit unfair.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lurdiak posted:

While I don't really like the aesthetic of a lot of modern comics compared to the Marvel Age of comics, I think complaining that modern artists aren't Kirby is a little bit unfair.

*Checks thread title*

Nope, not about fair assessments of anything.

:D

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Not just Nuke, but a *cyborg* Nuke. Programmed with the same care and meticulousness as Thor's cyborg clone, and gee that turned out just fine, didn't it?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ygolonac posted:

Not just Nuke, but a *cyborg* Nuke. Programmed with the same care and meticulousness as Thor's cyborg clone, and gee that turned out just fine, didn't it?

*slaps forehead* I coulda had a red. A red

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

That's a real good cover but there are lots of real good covers out there (for comic book rear end comic books).

There is so much great art out there. If you want Kirby style stuff, there are even guys who do that, but the great thing is that there's lots of amazing cover art for people who want something different too.

that really is an awesome cover though.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Transformers vs GI Joe is a gift the world never deserved, but was blessed with by a merciful god to give us a light in our darkest hour.

TenCentFang fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 26, 2017

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I really do prefer when people are able to gush about something they feel passionate about without pointlessly making GBS threads on something else. Current comics are "drivel"? That's a nice cover but dudes deliberately ignoring a lot of great artwork so he can make his tired "kids these days" point.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Honestly, "drivel" in particular immediately struck me as a word the worst kind of comic book fan uses, which makes me wonder if his definition of drivel is "includes a hiss minority hiss", but there's been enough of that lately and didn't want to bring it up.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

TenCentFang posted:

Honestly, "drivel" in particular immediately struck me as a word the worst kind of comic book fan uses, which makes me wonder if his definition of drivel is "includes a hiss minority hiss", but there's been enough of that lately and didn't want to bring it up.

Looking at that guy's feed I really doubt that's what he was going for.

I think he just likes baller art and was being a bit hyperbolic for effect.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really like that the date on that is 666.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

purple death ray posted:

I really do prefer when people are able to gush about something they feel passionate about without pointlessly making GBS threads on something else. Current comics are "drivel"? That's a nice cover but dudes deliberately ignoring a lot of great artwork so he can make his tired "kids these days" point.

Millennials are killing comic book cover art! :argh:

e:

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They all appear to be in unimaginable pain, so maybe that one is a mercy killing.