Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Greatest country on earth apart from the ones that aren't institutionally bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

busb posted:

Greatest country on earth apart from the ones that aren't institutionally bad

Speaking of bad. I am furiously working on FF6 right now.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CapitalistPig posted:

in as General Leo

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i've had plenty of games crap out. every now and then that's been due to a design flaw, but more commonly people just can't get into the game or that mafia magic never coalesces. but, i've reached a point where i'm okay with that now. my personal participation record is far from flawless. when i make anything now, i have to make it for me. i write and run games because i enjoy it personally, regardless of the outcome. yeah, more active games are always more fun to watch, but each game has an idea or a story that i want to try out. i think it's the nature of any creative endeavor that you have to accept it could fail for reasons outside your control. i totally get why people don't want to subject themselves to that though.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

i've had plenty of games crap out. every now and then that's been due to a design flaw, but more commonly people just can't get into the game or that mafia magic never coalesces. but, i've reached a point where i'm okay with that now. my personal participation record is far from flawless. when i make anything now, i have to make it for me. i write and run games because i enjoy it personally, regardless of the outcome. yeah, more active games are always more fun to watch, but each game has an idea or a story that i want to try out. i think it's the nature of any creative endeavor that you have to accept it could fail for reasons outside your control. i totally get why people don't want to subject themselves to that though.
how good was over the garden wall mafia though

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

bowmore posted:

how good was over the garden wall mafia though

it was really good, i just read it again the other day, but that was all the players. snowbound and golgatha were both interesting designs and intensely flavorful games released around the same time but for whatever reason otgw was the best of them.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Max posted:

I like crunchy peanut butter.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
This is why I have been playing Town of Salem. You get all the fun of people being low effort, lovely, toxic, and generally awful and petulant. But it's all wrapped up in 20 minutes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Shitposting has valid tactical merit and can be used to both make games more interesting and result in better performance from your side, but you need to at least be entertaining in your shitposting.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Shitposting has valid tactical merit and can be used to both make games more interesting and result in better performance from your side, but you need to at least be entertaining in your shitposting.

shitposting that is fun and hilarious breeds conversation and just has a general boost on the amount of fun people have which has the indirect but tangible side effect of increasing every other potential positive

shitposting that is boring, tiresome, irreverent, out-of-place, or just... sucks for no reason... just chills effortposting because it signals not giving a poo poo about the people you're playing with or the game ya'll are in

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

CapitalistPig posted:

Dibs on purple praying mantis.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Dibs on purple praying mantis.

:bisonyes:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

peramene posted:

shitposting that is fun and hilarious breeds conversation and just has a general boost on the amount of fun people have which has the indirect but tangible side effect of increasing every other potential positive

shitposting that is boring, tiresome, irreverent, out-of-place, or just... sucks for no reason... just chills effortposting because it signals not giving a poo poo about the people you're playing with or the game ya'll are in

Yep. I know I'm not a funny person, not particularly anyway, so I don't poo poo-post. Don't do what you can't do.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I had a scammer text me this morning claiming to be Mark Zuckerberg and i've trolled him/her for a bit now but i'd like to enlist the internet to aid me in my quest to counter troll the troll. any suggestions?

look at this dumbass photoshop they sent me

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Dick Bastardly posted:

I had a scammer text me this morning claiming to be Mark Zuckerberg and i've trolled him/her for a bit now but i'd like to enlist the internet to aid me in my quest to counter troll the troll. any suggestions?

holy poo poo holy poo poo THAT'S MARK ZUCKERBERG DUDE!!!!!!!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
ID doesn't say Mark 'The Cuck' Zuckerberg, obvious fake

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Dick Bastardly posted:

Seduce "Mark Zuckerberg" into engaging in some steamy cybersex with you and then demand millions in blackmail money or you will post the transcripts and doom his 2020 presidential ambitions.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Lumpen posted:

Seduce "Mark Zuckerberg" into engaging in some steamy cybersex with you and then demand millions in blackmail money or you will post the transcripts and doom his 2020 presidential ambitions.

I think I broke Mr. Gerb. He's not responding anymore :(

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835403

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Final Fantasy 6? Don't mind if I do!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
god drat it

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
need 6 more people to join this one first pls ty

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835147

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Also Mac's game just needs 1

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835215

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mafia hockey epilogue, Year 3 and Year 4 are up.

Had our first retirement, at least one person make their international debut, a former scumhunter winning another stanley cup, a couple of medals, and a few folks moving to Switzerland to continue their hockey careers.

Come back for Year 5 with the 2022 Winter Olympics and I have to imagine there will be another few retirements in year 5 or 6.

Current player ages:

37: Hats, Flying Leatherman
36: Birdstrike, Bottle Knight
34: Diqnol
33: Murmur Twin, Snooze Cruise, Poque
32: Allen Wren, Jonathan Fisk
31: Asiina, CCKeane
30: Ecco, MMM Whatchya Say, Kashuno
29: PMom, PMush, Busb, Capitalist Pig
28: Podima
27: Retro Futurist, Magnus Gallant
26: Stickup
25: Quidnose

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

also my irl age,

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's very weird to think how different my life is now vs how it was when I was 27

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Retro Futurist posted:

It's very weird to think how different my life is now vs how it was when I was 27

I look back every 4 years or so and go "man that dude was a loving idiot"

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidthulhu posted:

I look back every 4 years or so and go "man that dude was a loving idiot"

turn your monitor on

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I have a bright future

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

nm

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

New Mexico! I agree.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
okay seriously, anyone else want to play a live tontine with a buy-in and prize pool? this is what it looked like last time. also derp i'd pay your enrollment since you won last time.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
Im def in, it was a lot of fun

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

okay seriously, anyone else want to play a live tontine with a buy-in and prize pool? this is what it looked like last time. also derp i'd pay your enrollment since you won last time.

are you still thinking of a $5 buy-in?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Dick Bastardly posted:

New Mexico! I agree.

az
ut
wy

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009