Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

And now he's running the best D-Line in the league :smug:

I really, really hope that Schwartz has decided being the new Jim Johnson of Philly is way better than being a head coach and stays forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Please increase the heat to Hue and McAdoo, thanks

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Is there a level above spicy hot because BoB belongs there.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
cover ben mcadoo in grease and light a few dozen matches

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kirios posted:

It's funny, because his offensive gameplan was good, and they lost because of poo poo I presume he has no real say in (the secondary). But his game situation decisions... while probably correct on paper, were gutless when he should've gone for the dagger.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Pagano pulled his usual "play not to lose" bullshit today and did everything he could to blow a 3-score lead against the Browns at home. Gonna be a sweet day when he's gone

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
He's obviously still in zero danger but Steelers need to stop finding it acceptable how often Tomlin's team gives a poo poo effort as road favorites.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Kirios posted:

He is the pussiest coach in the league. I could predict half of his calls just by deciding what the most limp-dicked option was.

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

Zerilan posted:

He's obviously still in zero danger but Steelers need to stop finding it acceptable how often Tomlin's team gives a poo poo effort as road favorites.

Seriously. They are so bad at game planning. Opened up with a near miss on a bomb to Bryant then it's Brown time forever. I love them but goddamn stop losing games to poo poo QBs.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Chichevache posted:

He is the pussiest coach in the league. I could predict half of his calls just by deciding what the most limp-dicked option was.

Word. He's such a goddamn coward.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Chichevache posted:

This seems to be a recurring trend with Texans coaches. Remember how gutless Kubiak was?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

At PSU, Bill'O would routinely go for it on 4th and 5. Im not sure what happened

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Yeah, O'Brien has lost a few Texans games by being a huge vagina.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Zerilan posted:

They need to get rid of the coordinators imo

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

They need to get rid of the coordinators imo

Yeah, the play calling is really predictable on both sides and there's very little adjustments. Haley also really dials in hard on repeating the same plays. There's also way too many sideline bombs when Ben has been off all season on his deep balls.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

ShakeZula posted:

Pagano pulled his usual "play not to lose" bullshit today and did everything he could to blow a 3-score lead against the Browns at home. Gonna be a sweet day when he's gone

That second half was atrocious. How do you go from scoring 28 in the first half to 3 in the second? Can't wait until that cancer-brained moron is gone.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

corn on the cop posted:

cover ben mcadoo in grease and light a few dozen matches

Him and Reese both should be fired.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Losing to a Luck-less Colts team probably puts Hue in moderate. If not, a loss to the Bengals will.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Losing to a Luck-less Colts team probably puts Hue in moderate. If not, a loss to the Bengals will.

There's a rift between the FO and the coaching staff that started leaking during the pre-season. Fans trust Hue but not the analytics squad. If Haslam has a brain in his skull (LOL) it's the FO that's slowly eroding the fans good will cutting well liked players. Garrett needs to be a Wattian engine of destruction or somebody's head is hosed. It's hard to tell who is actually on the hot seat in Cleveland. There's no way this combination survives another 1-15 though.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

There's a rift between the FO and the coaching staff that started leaking during the pre-season. Fans trust Hue but not the analytics squad. If Haslam has a brain in his skull (LOL) it's the FO that's slowly eroding the fans good will cutting well liked players. Garrett needs to be a Wattian engine of destruction or somebody's head is hosed. It's hard to tell who is actually on the hot seat in Cleveland. There's no way this combination survives another 1-15 though.

Analytics are Cool and Good and should be trusted over crusty old guys doing it the way it's always been done.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

axeil posted:

Analytics are Cool and Good and should be trusted over crusty old guys doing it the way it's always been done.

The Browns Analytics department crunches the numbers and ends up with 2+2=5

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Browns Analytics department crunches the numbers and ends up with 2+2=5

Well when your Analytics department says "draft Bridgewater" and instead you listen to a hobo on the side of the round and draft Manzel I don't think the problem is the Analytics people.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

axeil posted:

Well when your Analytics department says "draft Bridgewater" and instead you listen to a hobo on the side of the round and draft Manzel I don't think the problem is the Analytics people.

Analytics guys gave us recommendations that we ignored and it turned out badly. Better blame on analytics

Analytics can't magically cure lovely decision making. It lights the most statistically optimal path but people still have to decide to walk it.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I mean firing the coach because the FO gave him no players seems real dumb but I dunno because Browns.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

axeil posted:

That was a different analytics group

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

sean10mm posted:

I mean firing the coach because the FO gave him no players seems real dumb but I dunno because Browns.

Firing Hue is the worst decision the Browns could do given the loving roster they poo poo out for him.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

They actually have a decent enough roster to win 4-6 games though. Maybe more. The Colts and Jets have way worse rosters.

If he only wins 2 you have to question whether he's getting any results out of them.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Diva Cupcake posted:

They actually have a decent enough roster to win 4-6 games though. Maybe more. The Colts and Jets have way worse rosters.

If he only wins 2 you have to question whether he's getting any results out of them.
Yeah, it's too early to pass judgment on Hue.
But going down 28-0 against the Luck-less Colts is a bad look.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I agree. I mean the Browns need to give all their FO and Coaches LOTS of rope. But let's not pretend Jackson is getting maximum results here.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

The colts with Luck back are going to win 5-6 games easily. Also the Browns played without their best WR too. I'm not so sure their roster is better than the Jets.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

mcmagic posted:

The colts with Luck back are going to win 5-6 games easily. Also the Browns played without their best WR too. I'm not so sure their roster is better than the Jets.

Luck isnt back till next season though.

Colts and Browns feel like they have similar teams right now (minus Luck), Colts just get to play in the AFC South.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Athanatos posted:

Luck isnt back till next season though.

Colts and Browns feel like they have similar teams right now (minus Luck), Colts just get to play in the AFC South.

You think they are lying when everyone involved says he's coming back this year?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

mcmagic posted:

You think they are lying when everyone involved says he's coming back this year?

Short answer: yes.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Short answer: yes.

Possibly. They have an easy schedule though. They could win 4-5 games even without him.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
He'll come back just to gently caress over the Titans, die in the final moment, and be out the rest of the year.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

mcmagic posted:

Yes. The "maybe Luck will be back!" keeps the fans buying tickets. If they officially kill Luck, the tickets take a nosedive.

If they somehow are in contention around week 8, they might rush him back like idiots.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Them having said nothing about when in 2017, and him having not even thrown a pass in any practice yet, has me leaning heavily to "yes"

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The word today from Pagano is that Luck could start practicing as early as this week, and the speculation is that he's on track to return by Week 6.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Luck is dead.

The Colts are just waiting for his ghola to mature fully.

https://twitter.com/ALBookClub/status/872223610215305216

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Unnamed One posted:

Luck is dead.

The Colts are just waiting for his ghola to mature fully.

https://twitter.com/ALBookClub/status/872223610215305216

yeah he looks like he's in gameshape

• Locked thread