Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RZApublican posted:

Get the roster to build it with a shot at the title as payment.

Which ones? The GFW title? The Impact titles? The TNA title? Who knows! It's like a raffle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Taintrunner posted:

Which ones? The GFW title? The Impact titles? The TNA title? Who knows! It's like a raffle!

The King of the Mountain title, obviously

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I love how much Billy hates his own money and how he will stop at nothing to make sure he gets rid of it all

Brewster's Millions 2017 starring Billy Corgan.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
TNA holds their show in Ottawa because they watched this and they will not be fooled like John Goodman was.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ZixTheYeti posted:

Brewster's Millions 2017 starring Billy Corgan.

"There are of course certain rules to prevent you destroying all your money in one fell swoop. You can't just give it all away, or burn it, or open a wrestling promotion."

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

RealFoxy posted:

How has Billy Corgan made any money in the last 10 years? Who pays money for the Smashing Pumpkin catalog

Licensing agreements for films and TV shows.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Licensing agreements for films and TV shows.
My post is still relevant though

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I listened to Siamese Dream last year. gently caress the Haters.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Corgan had put out some stellar music but is still dumb as a sack of moldy rocks and crazy as gently caress.

That being said TNA, much like Christ, is being reborn in a gross barn in winter by divine miracle when nowhere else will have them

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Von Linus posted:

I listened to Siamese Dream last year. gently caress the Haters.

Mellon Collie is also a real loving good album.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Testekill posted:

Mellon Collie is also a real loving good album.

:hfive:

A lot of the good Pumpkins albums got reissues and remasters a few years ago. I can see that spinning up some cash.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I can name about ten venues off the top of my head that are just warehouse/event spaces that would be, at least, wired for sound, like the non-arena ones that SMASH uses (they use a couple of live music venues, go-kart tracks, etc). They might cost a little (only a little - they're paying 7-8K for the Ottawa one) more but would definitely draw more.

This thing in Ottawa isn't a sports venue of any sort, it's like an airplane hangar. They have flea markets and the very occasional small concert there. TNA is going to have to build dressing rooms, set up bleachers, probably add porta-potties, build a lighting rig since you can't hang anything from the roof, and who knows what else, and it's going to be a hilarious mess when they forget any one of those things, or more.

They don't need bleachers, they are expecting 500 people. All they need is floor seating.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its pretty sad how the NWA ended

i dont give a gently caress about tna, just die already you piece of poo poo

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Never mind 'how is this company still alive?"

'WHY' is this company still alive? Who actually benefits from being part of this company? It's really hard to even say 'all the people who are employed there' when you're trying to figure out when the money is coming and where is it coming from?

Do they have ANYTHING in terms of assets? Their branding has been painted over, they don't have an actual TV slot and their fanbase has completely withered on the vine.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

ChrisBTY posted:

'WHY' is this company still alive? Who actually benefits from being part of this company? It's really hard to even say 'all the people who are employed there' when you're trying to figure out when the money is coming and where is it coming from?

Do they have ANYTHING in terms of assets? Their branding has been painted over, they don't have an actual TV slot and their fanbase has completely withered on the vine.

TNA exists to be the portrait of Dorian Gray for the wrestling industry

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Was Billy Corgan always as crazy as Billy Corgan or did he get crazier with age?
I mean you'd think even he would look at the negative brand appeal of TNFWimpact and think 'I'm better off starting at 0 with my own brand than with this tainted shitshow.'

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Billy is more emotionally stable now than at any point in his career

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

ChrisBTY posted:

Was Billy Corgan always as crazy as Billy Corgan or did he get crazier with age?
I mean you'd think even he would look at the negative brand appeal of TNFWimpact and think 'I'm better off starting at 0 with my own brand than with this tainted shitshow.'

If a wrestling promoter isn't misguided by nostalgia for something long dead or deserving of death, they would hardly be in the business of promoting wrestling.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ChrisBTY posted:

They actually do have TV deals as bad as they are.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

oatgan posted:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

being sad constantly is technically stable

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

A tape library that is valuable to Anthem and the theoretical ability to provide cheap programming for their station with a hope to also sell overseas.

Yes it will never be cheap but they haven't figured that out yet.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bruce Prichard says Nigel McGuinness was fired from his 6-figure deal with TNA because he wanted to do community theater auditions instead of showing up to tapings on time after Bruce was nice enough to keep him on-air following his Hepatitis diagnosis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxXsKif94IY

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

EugeneJ posted:

Bruce Prichard says Nigel McGuinness was fired from his 6-figure deal with TNA because he wanted to do community theater auditions instead of showing up to tapings on time after Bruce was nice enough to keep him on-air following his Hepatitis diagnosis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxXsKif94IY

Noted honest man under the kindness of heart kept man who got disease under contract in company doing heavy juice every week on TV.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

ChrisBTY posted:

He's still mad at Pavement over twenty years later. I'm honestly surprised he never mentioned them while with TNA.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Grendels Dad posted:

TNA holds their show in Ottawa because they watched this and they will not be fooled like John Goodman was.

John CANDY

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
All obese white men look alike

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

John Candy is no longer obese and is, in fact, rather skeletal.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
please stop being mean to the corpse of John Candy

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I'm honestly surprised he never mentioned them while with TNA.

That probably would have required them to have appeared on Raw in the past in any capacity.

Imagine the callout on Impact he could have done, it would have been the cross-promotional feud to reignite the Monday Night Wars :allears:

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 26, 2017

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Guys, Its all gonna come together.

Anthem presents EVOLVE Impact

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ChrisBTY posted:

When did he form Zwan?

Because that's when the crazy train really got rolling.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

When did he form Zwan?

Because that's when the crazy train really got rolling.

I want to say like 99-01 was when I remember hearing about it.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

MassRafTer posted:

They don't need bleachers, they are expecting 500 people. All they need is floor seating.

They're going to get two busloads of confused Chinese tourists and a dozen homeless people trying to get out of the cold.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

Which means he's now as stable as a two-legged stool, as opposed to his previous one-legged stool mind.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I remember some apocryphal story about Billy Corgan getting crazy aggressive playing a pick up game of basketball during a Lollapalooza tour. I can't remember who it was with. ICP or something.

Nothing really tops locking the rest of the band out of the studio to record Siamese Dream then shittalk them throughout the entire making of video they released to fans.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

grack posted:

They're going to get two busloads of confused Chinese tourists and a dozen homeless people trying to get out of the cold.

It's too far from downtown for Chinese tourist and the FYGM people in the area don't let homeless people around.

It will be drunk University students.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

sbaldrick posted:

It's too far from downtown for Chinese tourist and the FYGM people in the area don't let homeless people around.

It will be drunk University students.

Perfect. They'll probably paper the colleges to fill out the show.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

coconono posted:

I remember some apocryphal story about Billy Corgan getting crazy aggressive playing a pick up game of basketball during a Lollapalooza tour. I can't remember who it was with. ICP or something.

Nothing really tops locking the rest of the band out of the studio to record Siamese Dream then shittalk them throughout the entire making of video they released to fans.

Seeing him on Alex Jones and then going back to listen to Zeitgeist is pretty eye opening about how crazy he actually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ChrisBTY posted:

On that old Eyada Observer show that was released last week, they asked Bobby Heenan how he would "save" WCW. After pointing out he'd never be dumb enough to try and start a wrestling promotion, Bobby said the only hope for a company as damaged as WCW was to just burn it all down to the ground and start completely fresh all over again without all the associated baggage that came with the brand.

I think we were saying similar things about TNA/Impact years ago, that even back then it had already reached the point that there was no salvaging the brand and it would be better just to start from scratch. And yet here it is, still limping along in some cruel parody of life.