Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Actually while I do think it lives up to the best portable yet I do dislike how cheap the switch feels, kinda like a semi premium knock off Chinese tablet. Feels weird after handling my pixel but hey at least we got a good screen this time around

Not to mention the fact that the average cellphone retails for at least twice as much and doesnt come packed with so many bits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
guys the switch is already a commercial success with a lot of big titles coming in its first year, you can stop faking excitement for every bargain bin 4 years old indie game that gets released

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i stand with my good friend doctor tim whatley in saying that golf story for the nintendo switch will be game of the year two thousand and seventeen

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Kawabata posted:

guys the switch is already a commercial success with a lot of big titles coming in its first year, you can stop faking excitement for every bargain bin 4 years old indie game that gets released

I was pretty down on its lineup just a month ago but as of right now switch library kinda owns

Future switch library is gonna be crazy good

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kawabata posted:

they're good games, kuwabara

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Phantasium posted:

They'll call the next Vita the PS4 Casual

PS4 Go

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Kaubocks posted:

they're good games, kuwabara

some, not all, and many of them are re-releases

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

This is so stupidly plausible that I can see it happening.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Wait, I'm attacking the thread but I didn't even notice the thread now has the title I suggested for it. I'm proud of you thread.

I'm sorry guys, you can like indies all you want, they're cool and good.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Phantasium posted:

This is so stupidly plausible that I can see it happening.

Yep especially as sony takes note of the popularity of the switch

I'd buy it, PS4 line up is stronger than switch line up

I'd own both portables with much gusto

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Kawabata posted:

Big titles are the same boring poo poo I played a dozen times already gimme weird indy stuff and/or Splatoon cause it kinda was the indy title.

Honestly if BotW had been OoT 4.0 I'd have chucked it in the trash hard enough to put a hole in my floor.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yeah Zelda loving sucked for a long time, even fifteen dollar indie games were managing to hit the notes that resonated with classic Zelda while Nintendo fudged around with lame stories and lame gameplay

But botw is nuts holy poo poo

Albw was pretty ace too to be fair

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kawabata posted:

you can stop faking excitement for every bargain bin 4 years old indie game that gets released

*clears throat*

code:
STARDEW WHEN
T       H 
A       E
R       N
D
E
W

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lelandjs posted:

*clears throat*

code:
STARDEW WHEN
T       H 
A       E
R       N
D
E
W

:eyepop:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Suspicious Cook posted:

I'd be really surprised if it didn't get Netflix, YouTube, and a ton of other apps before long.

I think it was Kotaku last week that claimed the Netflix app is done and in cert over at Nintendo. Only a question of time.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

code:
STARDEW WHEN
TARDEW  HEN 
ARDEW   EN
RDEW    N
DEW
EW
W

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Stardew w-

https://twitter.com/Tiyuri/status/912770131188731906

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
:hellyeah:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Hell yeah! I've been putting that game off till I had some decent way of playing it. The switch's portability is perfect, I'm gonna waste so much time in it.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I want Stardew to come out the same day as Golf Story just to see this thread explode. :hehe:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

pleaae for a 2018 release :pray:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

stardew valley releases and its just an error screen

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

LethalGeek posted:

Big titles are the same boring poo poo I played a dozen times already gimme weird indy stuff and/or Splatoon cause it kinda was the indy title.

Honestly if BotW had been OoT 4.0 I'd have chucked it in the trash hard enough to put a hole in my floor.

Splatoon 2 is the same game as Splatoon 1.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I've never played Minecraft before (I know I'm like a decade late) but it's pretty neat. The sense of scale as I've excavated an increasingly complex underground network is cool even with the rudimentary everything.

I can't really explain why I love spending hours perfecting my town paths and forest layout in Animal Crossing or creating a big mountaintop fortress in MC but what I can see of Stardew just doesn't grab me at all. It feels like it should. I really want a Switch Animal Crossing though.

Torn between thinking porting some part of my 3DS town would be amazing, but also that a fresh start might let them expand the core game for the first time basically ever. On the one hand I don't know what "needs" changing but on the other hand they've all been mostly the same save some special small areas or whatever.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
So I'm about 20 hours in, and I am loving everything about Breath of the Wild. I was thinking about getting the season pass, are most people who got it satisfied with DLC 1 so far? Has there been any rumors or news about DLC 2?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

now that Stardew is coming out...

Darkest Dungeon/DBFighterZ/Ruiner when!?

Fickle Isthmus
Aug 2, 2003

I've not turned up yet 'ave I?
Mario and Stranger Things S2 on the same day, who needs Halloween parties anyway?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

BisterdDave posted:

So I'm about 20 hours in, and I am loving everything about Breath of the Wild. I was thinking about getting the season pass, are most people who got it satisfied with DLC 1 so far? Has there been any rumors or news about DLC 2?

I'm completely satisfied with the base game, took me about 90 hours. I don't think I'll pick up the DLC for a year or so, maybe not at all.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
will golf story be 1080fps?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DLC Inc posted:

Pit People/DBFighterZ/West of Loathing when!?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Vikar Jerome posted:

It will be 4000 fps.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Dr. Fetus posted:

Splatoon 2 is the same game as Splatoon 1.
Hmm yes compare a 30 year old series of single player games against a online multiplayer game that's been around for 2 years in regards to becoming stale :thunk:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

DLC 1 was kinda underwhelming, though not bad. It gave me a few extra hours of playtime and an excuse to re-explore central Hyrule. DLC 2 sounds more substantial, but all we know is that it adds some plot that has to do with Link's Guardian buddies. You should probably wait until we know more about DLC 2 before you buy the season pass.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Vikar Jerome posted:

but it will only be 240p...

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

acksplode posted:

DLC 1 was kinda underwhelming, though not bad. It gave me a few extra hours of playtime and an excuse to re-explore central Hyrule. DLC 2 sounds more substantial, but all we know is that it adds some plot that has to do with Link's Guardian buddies. You should probably wait until we know more about DLC 2 before you buy the season pass.

Yeah it sounds like I should hold off for now. Watching youtube videos it looks like I've only scratched the surface of the amount of content I have yet to get to.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

BisterdDave posted:

Yeah it sounds like I should hold off for now. Watching youtube videos it looks like I've only scratched the surface of the amount of content I have yet to get to.

I haven't had a chance to pick it up since the DLC1 came out (I really only got the season pass for the DLC 2 anyway). But I put 170+ hours into the base game and didn't even 100% collection the seeds, so other than the chest you get on the plateau with season pass, may as well just wait at this point and get through the game.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DLC Inc posted:

Darkest Dungeon/DBFighterZ/Ruiner when!?
Do we have an actual release date for Necrodancer? I know it got announced and it's in the same "prestige indie" tier of game as Stardew in my head

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
What benefit is there to buying a season pass vs waiting til the content actually exists?

A small discount of some sort I take it? There's incentive for crowdfunding AAA studios or something, right?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

KingSlime posted:

What benefit is there to buying a season pass vs waiting til the content actually exists?

A small discount of some sort I take it? There's incentive for crowdfunding AAA studios or something, right?

It's basically the same thing as pre-ordering, only for DLC instead of the actual game.

Though in BOTW's case, the DLC packs can't be purchased seperately. It's all or nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Ahh ok

Yeah preordering is dumb

• Locked thread