Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Robhol posted:

It's bugged. You currently can't restore any megastructures.

This bug and whatever's nerfing planetary capital buildings (I assume it's a bug? It makes the Expansion Tradition that adds +1 Unity to them not do anything as far as I can tell) were driving me nuts until I found a mod to fix them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

The spiritualist faction will also take a nose dive if you have synthetic ascension path stuff. I think AI rights and flesh is weak are -40% on their own.

On a separate note: Wiz its kinda anticlimactic if when a war in heaven fires the first thing that pops up after joining the league of non aligned powers is the "federation victory" screen.

Do Materialists have a similarly rough time if they start playing with brain powers? I don't recall the materialist faction taking issues with any of the requirements for it.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Daraken posted:

Hey, so I'm not sure if this is a bug of sorts.

As you can see, the option to send demands has been grayed out. Please note that I'm the Neomachina (Illuminated Syldaean Theocracy) and the ones that got declared on by the Spiritualist FE.

Does the game think that the Lozavata are the primary defenders for some reason, as they're listed first on the defenders side? My fleet is by far the strongest of all the defenders if that matters.

Also I was in the middle of a subjugation war with the Zelvan at the time of the war declaration, so I don't know if that messed things up either.

They have the wreath, they're the primary.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bloody Pom posted:

Do Materialists have a similarly rough time if they start playing with brain powers? I don't recall the materialist faction taking issues with any of the requirements for it.

http://www.stellariswiki.com/Factions#Technologist

Materialists only get angry if you fail to give robots rights.

If you page down to the spiritualist faction they get angry over a lot of stuff. (seems like robotic workers shouldn't be a -10 anymore now that you have the non sentient worker option? Maybe only a -5? )

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

IAmTheRad posted:

Are you able to make fanatic spiritualist robots?

Biblebots?
in a way!!!

okay so i've got this ck2-eu4 conversion game going on where some austrian satanist made an HRE that kinda looks like the austro-hungarian empire, then i merged with the byzantines and added romanian as a melting pot culture so everyone is chilling out in the sfantul imperiu roman which is sort of italy, bavaria, hungary, balkans & anatolia. catholic church is a foreign policy tool, reformation has been crushed, islam is on the ropes, and there are colonies in parts of asia, africa, and sunset invasion gunpowder new world.

i like to imagine that after the eu4 timeline, in between one of the world wars with superchina, this alt-history HRE made a catholic-themed skynet which is cool and good except that unfortunately it discovered that God is real and great!!! and the people must be saved!!! so it dropped some nukes and terminatored the armies and sent all the surviving people to convents where they sweep and pray forever! whoa no way!!

this is the origin story of!!! the one!!! the only!!!

the Reverend Mother MADONNA!!! :boom:

the in-game background is of course that one candle room with the bible in it

now the robot nuns of the Penitent Cloister are expanding into space to save all the souls! all the people get raptured up into habitats and ring worlds which are correctly called Penitentiaries, and the sinful worlds get converted into machine holes which the robots mine and extract battery juice from to keep it all going! swedish prison irish catholic school for everyone!!! haha yes!!! so good!! :cenobite:

Soup du Journey fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 27, 2017

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Daraken posted:

Hey, so I'm not sure if this is a bug of sorts.

As you can see, the option to send demands has been grayed out. Please note that I'm the Neomachina (Illuminated Syldaean Theocracy) and the ones that got declared on by the Spiritualist FE.

Does the game think that the Lozavata are the primary defenders for some reason, as they're listed first on the defenders side? My fleet is by far the strongest of all the defenders if that matters.

Also I was in the middle of a subjugation war with the Zelvan at the time of the war declaration, so I don't know if that messed things up either.

I don't think they wardecced you, but the primary instead (even though you probably did all the work.) The primary will peace out eventually.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.

Playstation 4 posted:

They have the wreath, they're the primary.

wiegieman posted:

I don't think they wardecced you, but the primary instead (even though you probably did all the work.) The primary will peace out eventually.
Yes, they did peace out eventually. The thing is, I was most definitely the one the FE declared war on as the third defender, the Confederation, has an defensive pact with me, but not the first guys. Also as the species that gave up their souls to become machines, I'm pretty sure I'm the one the spiritualist FE hated the most.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I thought the end game crisis stuff was a little more balanced these days. I turned it down to 50% for this game and was worried they'd be too easy which was my experience in the past. When the zerg showed up I had a huge over-cap fleet at 80k and defender of the galaxy. They showed up with about 12 80k fleets of their own. At the same time a fallen empire woke up and decided to declare war on me and took their 200k fleet to my other border.

I'm playing on a small galaxy. Things are fully developed and no one has a fleet over 20-30k other than me with my 80k. Crisis should probably be balanced a bit more as there's no way the combined fleets of the galaxy, fallen empires included, could even stand up to the threat. I guess I could have waited things out and seen if the scourge and awaked empire would duke it out, but they both spawned on opposite ends of my territory so I assume I'm hosed.

How exactly are end game crisis strengths calculated? Does it take stuff like .25x habitable planet map setting into account for instance?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
How are machine worlds? I just got voidborne and next up for my servitors is either that, or maybe get deeper into megastructures.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

hope and vaseline posted:

I really, really like bombers lately and having those PD slots with hangars in cruisers and battleships means I never have to build destroyers.

I've always vaguely considered creating a Corvette core with an early hanger slot in place of one or even two of the weapon slots and hangers on various stations. Too much TIE Fighter on the brain+The thought that the basic Scout Wing is vaguely OK as a 'weapon', except it sees no use because you can't use it till Cruiser, at which time you almost immediately get your actual Fighter/Bomber tech.

Maybe I should actually do it. I did the stations previously as a private thing, but never the core.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

THE loving MOON posted:

How are machine worlds? I just got voidborne and next up for my servitors is either that, or maybe get deeper into megastructures.

Machine worlds are a flat 15% to every single resource, they own pretty hard. As a bonus no one else can colonize them except other robots, which means that even if you lose one in a war, your enemy is unlikely to be able to do anything useful with it.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

ugh its Troika posted:

Machine worlds are a flat 15% to every single resource, they own pretty hard. As a bonus no one else can colonize them except other robots, which means that even if you lose one in a war, your enemy is unlikely to be able to do anything useful with it.

Ah, well when you put it that way. :haw: I've already got all of my planets organized into robot worlds and trophy worlds so after I snag it I should be able to start turning them over right away. The Enforcers to my immediate south just woke up though soooo...

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Reveilled posted:

Funnily enough it was exactly that idea, an egalitarian hive mind, that made me want this! I made a hive mind where the flavour was that it was a single person that through cruel experimentation ended up in control of multiple bodies, and so in my head this hive would talk about itself in the singular ("I" rather than "we") and have a deep respect for the rights of individuals, even ones billions of times smaller. Of course the vanilla game doesn't really allow for that and when she appears in my games Sarah just acts like any other old regular hive mind.

Do you know the names of the mods which allow those things, incidentally?

Yo sorry for the late reply. The one I use is: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=916490946 but that has other effects as well you may not want, namely adding more trait points and stuff.

e; Well that's a bug. Half my empire just broke off as a machine uprising. I have spent the entire game as faithful spiritualists, pursuing psionics and the shroud, and both AIs and even regular robot workers are outlawed, with none ever being in my empire. I reloaded a couple of times and watched, the game actually spawns an assload of robot pops in empty tiles (We've just become more xenophobic and have displaced a bunch of aliens).

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Sep 27, 2017

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

By the way, I think Gulli reads this thread so the new precusor modifiers and wonder planets are cool as hell and Paradox should steal the idea.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

wiegieman posted:

By the way, I think Gulli reads this thread so the new precusor modifiers and wonder planets are cool as hell and Paradox should steal the idea.

He do, and this is cool and good information because it was already a real good mod so once I get through one or two more Ironman games I will look forward to trying the new version!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

This game has some good music.

Is there a way to win fleet battles against overwhelming numbers? For example if I have a 2k fleet is there any way I can defeat a 6k fleet?

For instance can I have a bunch of fast-moving "glass cannons" - no armor/shields, decked out in super long range weaponry - that "kite" the enemy fleet and keep it at range while destroying it?

Or is it more like you set the fleet to attack and it does its thing?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
You can pick away at a larger fleet if you have range advantage. Engage and then retreat before you take too many losses then jump back into the system etc. It's the best way to deal with a lot of end game threats too since they will for the most part wreck you if you just get into a fistfight with them.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Can Rogue Servitors build Machine Worlds? What happens to one's Bio-Trophies afterwards? Can you even start with a mahine world?

Sorry if these are dumb questions- my actual computer's in the shop and I'm currently using my laptop at the moment, so I can't play to find out :(

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

CommissarMega posted:

Can Rogue Servitors build Machine Worlds? What happens to one's Bio-Trophies afterwards? Can you even start with a mahine world?

Sorry if these are dumb questions- my actual computer's in the shop and I'm currently using my laptop at the moment, so I can't play to find out :(

Machine worlds are an ascension perk. They also require at least 3 other perks in order to get them.

Mastery of Nature is still amazingly powerful. It just reduces the cost to 50%, but saving all that tech. Especially for machine populations who don't care about food or anything and can live anywhere. Tomb world? Go for it. Machine world? Well if you get an event that turns a formerly barren world into a machine one...
You can't start with a machine world, even if you don't have any organics in your entire empire. The entire galaxy loves my race of robots. Nobody hates me. And I only had a machine world pop up from a random event. Wasn't going to take it because it has 7 slots, when a very nice planet next door has a nice 24.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

I always do my best to keep the stupid gas dudes alive but this... is a little bit much.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

CommissarMega posted:

I haven't tried converting a world with bio trophies on it onto a machine world but I'd assume it will start to kill them off.

E: bio trophies aren't like slaves, they don't actually need to be on the same planet as your robots to get the bonuses so I have a few planets dedecated to them and a ton of habitats + some ringworlds and every thing else is a machine world.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

IAmTheRad posted:

Mastery of Nature is still amazingly powerful. It just reduces the cost to 50%, but saving all that tech.

Yeah, MoN is still my first perk just for the research savings. Infinitely more valuable than saving resources on clearing poo poo.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Blocker researches are very cheap technologies, so unless you're very bad in research, the tech ascendancy perk will give you a lot more bang for buck if you care that much about science.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

why not both? and 10% research boost really isn't a lot when the research your getting is like 20 at most when you get the first ascension perk.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Sep 27, 2017

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
To be honest, I never took Master of Nature. There's always a perk who gives me something better when it comes time to select a new one.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Roobanguy posted:

why not both? and 10% research boost really isn't a lot when the research your getting is like 20 at most when you get the first ascension perk.

Sure, go both. But 10% research boost is probably on average a month or two off every single research you'll ever do. For every 10 researches you do, you'll get back the worth of 1-2 blocker researches, and it also works in the yellow and blue science trees, which are arguably more important.

When not expanding as fast as robotically possible, takin MoN over tech ascendancy is terrible, if just looking at the science aspect. The discount is still extremely good even after the nerf when going for quick early expansion though, since you'll be clearing a lot of blockers while your economy is probably not the best yet and it can save you a lot of headaches about not getting the correct blocker research card on shuffles.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
How do you check Awoken Empire decadence?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Truga posted:

Sure, go both. But 10% research boost is probably on average a month or two off every single research you'll ever do. For every 10 researches you do, you'll get back the worth of 1-2 blocker researches, and it also works in the yellow and blue science trees, which are arguably more important.

When not expanding as fast as robotically possible, takin MoN over tech ascendancy is terrible, if just looking at the science aspect. The discount is still extremely good even after the nerf when going for quick early expansion though, since you'll be clearing a lot of blockers while your economy is probably not the best yet and it can save you a lot of headaches about not getting the correct blocker research card on shuffles.

Master of Nature is still the better pick if you're expanding into multiple biomes. It's basically a no brainer for machines as well. The advantage of MoN is that you can exploit all your tiles any time instead of waiting for the appropriate tech to show up or miss out on researching something else.

Basically it's the better pick because Tech Ascendancy is a long term value choice but that doesn't matter cause rapid growth at the start of Stellaris or any 4X game is much stronger. It's like grabbing one of the Adaptive traits on a Fanatic Purifier run. Sure, you can research habitability techs or terraform but having it traited let's you expand faster and earlier so by the time you even get terraforming you'll be way ahead if you chose something else with more overall value.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
MoN got a considerable proxy buff by the removal of some the terraforming cost reductions, making World Shaper relatively less appealing. Putting those reductions at least partially into WS would go some way towards making it competitive again.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah don't get me wrong, MoN is the better pick most of the time, but if I'm building tall, I'll just get the tech one and research the 2-3 blockers I get on my worlds.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

^ if you're going tall, i still probably think its a better choice if only because it will free up the research choices to not be useless tile blockers instead of more useful things.

Truga posted:

10% is nice, but not that great as a first ascendancy perk is what i'm saying. as a second or third one its great, but Mastery of Nature at the beginning saves you literal years of researching, which is much more useful than the 1-2 extra research points that tech ascendancy gives you at the beginning would.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Sep 27, 2017

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Am I supposed to expect a reply to bug reports submitted on the paradox forums or does QA just silently read them like some sort of bug destroying phantom?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Kitchner posted:

Am I supposed to expect a reply to bug reports submitted on the paradox forums or does QA just silently read them like some sort of bug destroying phantom?

It depends. I only read dev posts from the paradox forums and I've seen a lot of bug acknowledgements, but not necessarily every single report.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

This game has some good music.

Is there a way to win fleet battles against overwhelming numbers? For example if I have a 2k fleet is there any way I can defeat a 6k fleet?

For instance can I have a bunch of fast-moving "glass cannons" - no armor/shields, decked out in super long range weaponry - that "kite" the enemy fleet and keep it at range while destroying it?

Or is it more like you set the fleet to attack and it does its thing?

You set the fleet to attack and it does its thing. If you know what your enemy's fleet design is like, you can specialize your equipment to counter them (for example, taking point defense against missiles or shields against lasers), but I don't think that'll hold up against three times your fleet power.

The AI's dumb as bricks, though. It's pretty easy to break the strategic AI and buy yourself plenty of time to build up a fleet.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
An opt-in beta for 1.8.1 is available on Steam.

quote:

###################
# Balance
###################

- Buffed Processing Hub to produce Unity
- Buffed Machine Worlds to 25% robot production output
- 200 years must pass in-game before a Crisis can occur, up from 150
- Cost of "Blocking the Ghost Signal" project now calculated based on number of owned Pops.
- Successfully assimilating a Pop as a Driven Assimilator now generates one month's worth of Unity and Society Research
- Driven Assimilators can now allow Cyborgs to procreate (they do not need food to grow)
- Buffed Devouring Swarm, Purifiers and Exterminators
- Assimilators can now research most Genetics techs
- Driven Assimilators can now derive Assault and Defense Armies from Cyborg Pops
- Pops are now assimilated much faster, on a per-planet basis rather than per-species basis
- Doubled the chance of getting the "Hotfix" Warning Signs event
- Reduced fleet power calc for very powerful ships, as exponential effects would cause it to get much larger than the ship's actual combat ability
- Fixed Flak being strictly better than regular Point-Defense rather than a tracking vs damage trade-off
- Planets now only start repairing at full speed 60 days after bombardment ends
- Added some armor penetration to Scourge weapons
- Reduced the effect of Admiral skill level on ship fire rate from 5% to 3% & changed general modifier to not overflow interface
- Reduced consumer goods cost of Chemical Bliss, Utopian Abundance and Social Welfare
- Increased the likelihood of High and Medium probability reward options in Shroud events
- Increased likelihood of several unique Shroud events granting special boons to fire

###################
# AI
###################

- Fixed a bug where the AI would overprioritize food when food stockpile was not full
- Sectors now build robots by default
- Fixed unbidden AI sometimes freezing up when other ED factions spawned
- Fixed AI stopping colonization in some cases if it gained a high-habitability species without colonization rights
- AIs will no longer terraform while under crisis attack
- Fixed AI repeatedly asking player to join in a war they had already declined to join
- Fixed a bug where AI fleets would sometimes stop following their allies if fighting a defensive war against a powerful foe
- Fixed an issue where Guardians of the Galaxy would not fight the crisis because of the presence of another Awakened Empire
- Fixed an issue where the AI would not defend planets it had occupied against enemy attempts to retake it
- Fixed AI overprioritizing power plants even when it did not need energy due to only wanting to build energy-producing buildings on unpopulated tiles
- Fixed a case where AI would get stuck on enemy mining stations, unable to move their fleet away
- Fixed machine AI personalities having an excessive penalty to diplomacy, even with other machines
- Fixed a bug where the Scourge would build military stations in systems it didn't need to defend, instead of systems it does in fact need to defend

###################
# Interface
###################

- Made Artisan Troupe button tooltips consistently display what resources the player is lacking, rather than just a "We cannot afford this" message

###################
# Modding
###################

- Traits are now restricted by moddable species archetypes rather than species classes, so new species classes need only be assigned the correct archetype instead of having to be added to every trait. Archetypes can be set to inherit the traits of other archetypes for easy creation of new archetypes with unique traits

###################
# Bugfixes
###################

- Ghost Signal no longer affects Synthetically Ascended empires
- Fixed Fallen Empires not making demands due to believing they had been defeated in a war
- Fixed the calculation for winner in democratic election not working correctly in some cases
- Fleets on passive stance can now be ordered to make manual attacks on mining & research stations
- Fixed Spare Parts Depot line of buildings not being researchable for Machine Empires
- Fixed Social Engineering Edict (it was strictly worse than the basic one non Authoritarians get)
- Fixed vassals not being able to colonize within their own borders
- Symbol of Purity is now properly restricted to one per planet
- Restored old keyboard shortcut for increasing speed
- Fixed rebel countries sometimes getting one Ethic too many
- Enigmatic Observer Fallen Empires now hate Fanatic Purifiers, Devouring Swarms, and Determined Exterminators slightly less, removing instant war declarations
- Fixed tributary war demand not working
- Fixed a bug where releasing vassals as a Hive Mind or Machine Authority would result in broken ethics/authority setups
- Fixed non-swapped modifier names being used for name-swapped traditions
- Added a cap on planet combat repair, as crisis planets were otherwise nearly impossible to destroy with light stance
- Fixed military power of robotic/synth armies being overvalued to the point where the AI would not invade planets defended by them
- Fixed Psionic Ascension not changing founder species, creating a variety of bugs
- Fixed cyborgs getting double leader age boost from species and leader trait
- Fixed the End of the Cycle not properly preying on colonized worlds
- Fixed some issues with fleet reinforcements for crises
- Fixed sector colonization setting not working properly
- Fixed Synthetic Ruler Trait not having an effect
- Fixed the Machine Uprising not taking control of Military Stations properly
- Fixed some Warning Signs events potentially reoccurring after a Machine Uprising
- Machine Empires can no longer research Positronic AI
- Fixed liberating planets as a Machine Intelligence giving rise to Despicable Neutrals
- Fixed issue where Machine Empire capitals did not produce additional Unity from Distributed Computer tradition.
- Fixed Prethoryn Scourge ceasing to spawn reinforcements once they had 100 armies built
- Fixed an exploit where you could have one more than one Dyson Sphere/Science Nexus at a time by releasing the system to a vassal while under construction
- Fixed issues with not being able to repair Megastructures
- Fixed Decent living standards being available to Assimilating pops
- Psionic expertise can no longer be given as a trait to Machine scientists
- Fixed erroneously getting the 'Hopeless War' notification when attacked by an Awakened Fallen Empire
- Removed duplicate percentage sign in Adaptive Ecology Tradition description
- Fixed minor color issue in Contingency diplomatic text
- Fixed a bug where the Contingency would get stuck trying to withdraw its fleets to the final machine world
- 'Country destroyed' notification disabled for when nationalist rebels defect to their former empire
- Species that are set to be assimilated will no longer be targeted by Land Appropriation
- Removed Atmospheric Filtering for non-Serv, non-Assim MIs since it is useless for them
- Fix food surplus not being calculated correctly with sectors (sector pops were twice as hungry as they should be)
- Fixed MI namelist to avoid use of the word ""Habitat"" to distinguish between AP Habitats"
- Fixed a missing ID that was resulting in an unlocalized string during colonization (BUILDING_CONSTRUCTION_COLONIZATION)
- Created a leader event called from on_actions that removes the Sapient/Custom AI Assistant traits from any leaders that have them when a player changes their policy to Outlaw AI.
- Fixed leaders with Arrested Development gaining negative experience rather than simply not leveling up
- Fixed CTD when attempting to randomize secondary species name without selecting a portrait first
- CTD fix when using a mod with duplicate species class
- CTD fix when using a country that doesn't have a tech module
- Fixed an overflow error causing purged pops to produce massive amounts of resources
- Defeating the Machine Uprising no longer results in biological pops saved from it having recently conquered malus
- Fixed refugees being able to flee to planets under colonization
- Fixed bio-trophies not being given an organic sanctuary on migration
- Fix CTD related to modded planet classes

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
If I opt in, will any of the fixes work on a game started pre-patch?

I forget how Stellaris handles this stuff :v:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Captain Oblivious posted:

If I opt in, will any of the fixes work on a game started pre-patch?

I forget how Stellaris handles this stuff :v:

Same, excited about the fixes. I juuuust started a new game to try to follow this going tall/early habitat strategy.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
Varies from issue to issue, I'm afraid. Anything in particular you were thinking of?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Most of the fixes will work on an already started game. Some might not. Shouldn't do any harm, either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

LordMune posted:

Varies from issue to issue, I'm afraid. Anything in particular you were thinking of?

Nothing in particular, just want the game to work nice. I'm not particularly married to this start I started last night so I think it's best to start fresh with the patch if that's best. Also if I encounter any wierd bugs I want to make sure I can report them properly and not have the situation contaminated by using an older save.
Also as much as I bitch about this game I find I'm actually having fun with it again despite it all. If/when we get a big shake up in war/movement akin to eu4's big shake up up when forts were added and I think things could become pretty ok.

Additional also: civ4 had a quick easy option to re-roll a map with the exact same settings, I'd love something like that with stellaris. It's so nice that the game remembers your settings but you still need to go back and go to the main menu again each time. Sometimes I'm hoping for a particular sort of map to form, or start in a particular type of location and wish I could look at the galaxy and hit "restart map", even as a console command or something, until I get what I'm looking for.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 27, 2017

• Locked thread