Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Tired moritz please stop setup speculating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
i was actually trying to find the dude that was throwing a bunch of shade at tm without voting because I thought I remembered that happening, and gulag just did it for me

a clarification for the rest of the thread - that second quote GD posted was actually in reply to GD's question "do you think tm is scum yes or no" as well, so somehow he went from "isn't necessarily scum, wtf's up with the claim" to "yeah" in response to "is TM scum" but still never voted?

at least that's what i was reading it as

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Flying Leatherman posted:

fwiw I would also consider TM an easy push, I've said this before but I end up reading him as scummy at some point in almost every game I play

that said I'm certainly not there this game, his claim can be bad play without being scummy, and i think that's what some posters have been trying to get at

can you clarify which of the following you're reading TM as:

I've said I'm not reading TM as either. I'm not sure what to see it as, but I don't see a better d1 option.

And as far as you being smart enough to do it or any of the others questions, I'm stuck in the mindset that it all COULD be done as scum and as many people see it as town I think it's possible it could be a good scum play. Like I said I don't know, there's not enough information d1 and I'm going with instinct.

Gulag why are your posts so hard to read, I don't know how I can't parse them

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Kashuno posted:

Tired moritz please stop setup speculating

when did i do that

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

My role is a vanilla tree so I can say, confidently, that role and flavor do not necessarily align.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

My role is a vanilla tree so I can say, confidently, that role and flavor do not necessarily align.

Mafia edit: my flavor is vanilla bean.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

when did i do that

role/flavor
scum traits
etc etc.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Kashuno posted:

role/flavor
scum traits
etc etc.

i just answer questions people are asking. I mean, yorkshire tea is the one saying kefka have heartless angel or whatever the gently caress (seriously, what the hell)

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Mayor Glowku posted:

I've said I'm not reading TM as either. I'm not sure what to see it as, but I don't see a better d1 option.
hey, thanks for the reply - I must have just missed it earlier. I tried to look through your filter but didn't see anything, were you not a fan of any of the other cases from today and just found the D1 VT claim more compelling?

Do you think a TM vote is better because it's "safe" and we won't lose a power role, or do you think it's better because you think there's a decent chance of hitting scum with it?

If we vote him because he claimed VT day 1 and he flips town, do you think that helps us determine who the scum are?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
YT should stop it too. It's ridiculous and it's all fake post count padding!!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Mayor Glowku posted:

And as far as you being smart enough to do it or any of the others questions, I'm stuck in the mindset that it all COULD be done as scum and as many people see it as town I think it's possible it could be a good scum play. Like I said I don't know, there's not enough information d1 and I'm going with instinct.

Gulag why are your posts so hard to read, I don't know how I can't parse them

instead of reading books or getting an education I played final fantasy 6 for the past 27 years

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

GulagDolls posted:

tihs is "hedgey" [codex entry 'hedgey' unlocked] but ultimately settles on TM not necessarily being scum. the level 0 "mafia dadding" [codex entry "giant idiot" unlocked] is, um, erm, also NOT GOOD.

:agreed: WRT Xad. Making hard alignment calls can easily make you a target. Also elucidating the reason behind not posting makes him seem extra-aware that he's been lurking. Being very careful and making excuses are universal scumtells to me.

##vote Xad

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

hey, thanks for the reply - I must have just missed it earlier. I tried to look through your filter but didn't see anything, were you not a fan of any of the other cases from today and just found the D1 VT claim more compelling?

Do you think a TM vote is better because it's "safe" and we won't lose a power role, or do you think it's better because you think there's a decent chance of hitting scum with it?

If we vote him because he claimed VT day 1 and he flips town, do you think that helps us determine who the scum are?

No problem! I miss things all the time! I have no idea what I'd put the odds at for him being scum, but I'm not willing to look passed the hard VT claim easily on d1. I think the night actions will help us more than his death if flip town.

The only other reads I have right know are pera, and bk. Along with the obvious lynch all lurkers. Sorry if this doesn't answer your questions I'm a bit scatter brained at the moment

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

tihs is "hedgey" [codex entry 'hedgey' unlocked] but ultimately settles on TM not necessarily being scum. the level 0 "mafia dadding" [codex entry "giant idiot" unlocked] is, um, erm, also NOT GOOD.

now is it just me or does the call on TM when asked to take a hard stance seem like some1 going in way too hard to compensate. web of lies?? the only thing he said was his flavor and vt, something someone ELSE in the thread had already done. this is 1 statement with little scum motivation behind it and why not say anything about the other person in the thread that claimed vt. defend himself?? there was nothing to 'defend himself' from because the only thing he was accused of was 'being an idiot.' good characters in dangan ronpa??? :dawkins101:

also all of xad's post are centering around the TM thing but theres not even any freaking posts. I hate dangan ronpa. kill all

I can see it. Would vote.

What do you think of Garth?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Xad is just as hedgey as the rest of the hedgey crap coming out

s

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Mayor Glowku posted:

No problem! I miss things all the time! I have no idea what I'd put the odds at for him being scum, but I'm not willing to look passed the hard VT claim easily on d1. I think the night actions will help us more than his death if flip town.

The only other reads I have right know are pera, and bk. Along with the obvious lynch all lurkers. Sorry if this doesn't answer your questions I'm a bit scatter brained at the moment

Nah you're good. I don't think I was clear with my last post, though - was trying to be a little rhetorical with a couple of the questions I was asking. What I'm trying to get at is that if we vote him out with the reasoning of "D1 VT claims are bad", it doesn't really speak to the motivations of those voting him because the read as you're describing it is completely alignment neutral. It's not "I think TM's scum" or "I think TM's town", it's "The claim was bad play". Night Action Mafia is only a part of the game, we also need to be analyzing voting patterns and posting and a TM execute on the stated grounds would make that more difficult imo.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Nah you're good. I don't think I was clear with my last post, though - was trying to be a little rhetorical with a couple of the questions I was asking. What I'm trying to get at is that if we vote him out with the reasoning of "D1 VT claims are bad", it doesn't really speak to the motivations of those voting him because the read as you're describing it is completely alignment neutral. It's not "I think TM's scum" or "I think TM's town", it's "The claim was bad play". Night Action Mafia is only a part of the game, we also need to be analyzing voting patterns and posting and a TM execute on the stated grounds would make that more difficult imo.

I agree. It's just something I'm traditionally bad at so I usually treat d1 as jokephase altogether.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

:agreed: WRT Xad. Making hard alignment calls can easily make you a target. Also elucidating the reason behind not posting makes him seem extra-aware that he's been lurking. Being very careful and making excuses are universal scumtells to me.

##vote Xad

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

##vote Tobbs because why not.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

This is basically where I'm at. There is no reason to vote TM today other than as an excuse for an easy out. We have lots of content to go on thus far, and the TM situation is by far the weakest justification out there right now

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Kashuno posted:

This is basically where I'm at. There is no reason to vote TM today other than as an excuse for an easy out. We have lots of content to go on thus far, and the TM situation is by far the weakest justification out there right now

I'm willing to admit I'm being talked out of my vote, but who are your top two scum picks so far?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

##vote Tobbs because why not.

The extra m's clinch it. Genuine pondering from Max here. Gonna call it a town vote.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I've had enough of hedging so I'm just going to say it: Weekend and Bernie's 2 was good.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

teh hedging thing is not even the ultimate reason why xad is bad.

@GARTHONEEYE

quote:

I don't believe KB agrees with your argument. That's the feeling I got from KB's post. I don't think KB is engaging honestly. That's why i think he's scum.

can you explain, for the first time ever, why exactly you get this feeling from KB

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Tired Moritz posted:

i just answer questions people are asking. I mean, yorkshire tea is the one saying kefka have heartless angel or whatever the gently caress (seriously, what the hell)

Yorkshire speculates that Kefka, the main villain of FFVI might be scum and that his ability would be his signature move from the final battle of FFVI. How could he possibly do that!?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Or rather, it would be the weakest justification if it wasn't for Asiina's weird vote on flerp that she is saying is justified by

Asiina posted:

Real talk I'm voting flerp because of his dumb 'let's kill a 3P because they're not town" opinion aka the easiest scum opinion in the world.

The likely fake daycop from Gulag is just a fun bonus.

even though her vote was

Asiina posted:

Okay

##vote flerp

which uh....when ya go back and look at it, he never even loving said Asiina made her 'real talk' post at 23:19 on the 26th. To that point flerp had said nothing about that. hell he still hasn't.

It's made up and Asiina was hoping no one would go look :)

##vote Asiina

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Flerp says peramene not town
Asiina says he is 3P hunting
Asiina knows peramene isn't scum
Asiina is scum
Q.E.D.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Asiina is scum
Q.E.D.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Yorkshire speculates that Kefka, the main villain of FFVI might be scum and that his ability would be his signature move from the final battle of FFVI. How could he possibly do that!?

Yeah YT is right, that's a nonsense thing to latch onto.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

The extra m's clinch it. Genuine pondering from Max here. Gonna call it a town vote.

It was actually your use of the word "Elucidating" that bothered me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That's not how I read it Kash.

Aren't these two posts from Flerp:

flerp posted:

##vote pera

flerp posted:

not town found

Him voting her for implying she is 3p with her initial claim?

That's how I read it, at least.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

Asiina is scum
Q.E.D.

This is moderately dumb because peramene went on and on about being lone wolf etc. Basically peramene thought she might be secretly 3P because CPig said there were 4 alignments.

peramene posted:

you FUCKER.

My flavor very much makes me seem like I'm "out for myself" because that is what it LITERALLY MEANS so unless someone with ff6 knowledge wants to swing in and save me by naming my flavor and reassuring me that he counts as a loving hero I'm pissed

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

fail case. someone vig max

Max
Nov 30, 2002

GulagDolls posted:

fail case. someone vig max

Rude.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

It was actually your use of the word "Elucidating" that bothered me.

You are a crazy person.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You are a crazy person.

Because I'm right?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

That's not how I read it Kash.

Aren't these two posts from Flerp:

Him voting her for implying she is 3p with her initial claim?

That's how I read it, at least.

I find "3P HUNTING" to be ridiculous to start with in a game with 4 alignments as it is, and I do not think saying "not town" is an implication of which alignment she is. I think Asiina's justification is fake, it is a stretch beyond reason, it is a ridiculous backpedal after her initial vote, and I will probably not vote anyone else today.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

I find "3P HUNTING" to be ridiculous to start with in a game with 4 alignments as it is, and I do not think saying "not town" is an implication of which alignment she is. I think Asiina's justification is fake, it is a stretch beyond reason, it is a ridiculous backpedal after her initial vote, and I will probably not vote anyone else today.

No, I mean, read what he was voting based on, the actual post he quoted when he voted/etc.

Isn't it obvious that is his exact reason for voting?

Like, if you still think she's scum for that, that's cool. But fwiw, I also think Flerp was voting based on thinking pera revealed herself as 3p.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TBF I briefly thought that's what pera was doing as well at first.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

I liked these last set of posts by Glowku.

My issue with flerp is there is a difference between casing a bunch of people, giving opinions, and then deciding to vote a claimed 3P rather than take a risk on murdering a town because you don't think another case is strong enough and going "3P isn't town ##vote" and then peacing out. It's a really lazy and easy opinion to hold.

flerp is definitely doing the latter.

Like posting this after the night to double down it, as if some magical long time had passed and a lot of content had been generated in the time between, is fake as hell. The day isn't even close to over, the vote was entirely fine (as I was also voting peramene both before and kept my vote on after, so of course I will find the logic correct) and flerp didn't even 'peace out' lol. It's so ridiculous to post it like it has been a long time held thing.

Voting 3P on principle is fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

i was actually trying to find the dude that was throwing a bunch of shade at tm without voting because I thought I remembered that happening, and gulag just did it for me

a clarification for the rest of the thread - that second quote GD posted was actually in reply to GD's question "do you think tm is scum yes or no" as well, so somehow he went from "isn't necessarily scum, wtf's up with the claim" to "yeah" in response to "is TM scum" but still never voted?

at least that's what i was reading it as

I said yes because it seems like every time I make a post about what I'm thinking without a hard vote at the end someone quotes me and asks "YES OR NO?!?!?!" so I decided gently caress it, I'll pick one.

Right now I think TM is just a salty townie.

• Locked thread