Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

beergod posted:

Does it make sense to burn the 10+1 ticket now or should I wait for a "good" banner?

Ticket has no rate up, but its still possible to get a new unit using one, so use it unless you want to hoard for any possible chance at a specific unit or dont have any non rainbow units you actually care about pulling at this moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

hamsystem posted:

I'm talking 8 million from just VoF.

Dang... with Fixed Dice?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

BDawg posted:

Dang... with Fixed Dice?

Yeah, but it takes a lot of RNG to even get the setup right to get it that high and then you need the FD to roll high, but when it does, hot drat.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

Khisanth Magus posted:

The 10+1 ticket is not on banner. The best you can do is wait for something you want to be in the pool for the infinitely small chance of pulling that.

Cool, thanks for the info. Pulled Vertias of the Flame.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

beergod posted:

Cool, thanks for the info. Pulled Vertias of the Flame.

:hfive: VoF buddy

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I was salty as gently caress when I pulled FV chasing DV. But after having gotten to use him (a lot) during the current raid, I'm in love. He's a cool guy that does cool things.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
His imperial helped me kill Erinyes for the Harp when Erinyes was whooping my rear end Stone Cold style

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

hamsystem posted:

I'm talking 8 million from just VoF.

Same. I think I've broken 10mil total damage a few times but I've been over 9m a bunch (due to high dice rolls). With the +100% atk buff from Minfilia VoF goes up to 704atk.

Fixed Dice is definitely nice when it rolls in your favor but when it rolls bad it's rough. I might be able to break 1200atk on Olive now with Amelia's TM, so it's nice to have options.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i cant believe they might actually release ramza enhancements in november, but the fact that they're gonna give him a global exclusive enhancement after delaying him for so long makes me think they intend to change his niche in global and are gonna gently caress with the only enhancement anyone cares about for him

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Is double hand fixed-dice a thing?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Is double hand fixed-dice a thing?

Fixed Dice are a 2h weapon and Doublehand only adds when you have a 1h weapon with nothing in the other hand.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

Fixed Dice are a 2h weapon and Doublehand only adds when you have a 1h weapon with nothing in the other hand.

My bad I was thinking that sparky was 2 handed, and it worked on that. But I see it's a single handed cannon.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

How big are these goddamn die that you need two hands?!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

How big are these goddamn die that you need two hands?!

Setzer rules.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

rabidsquid posted:

i cant believe they might actually release ramza enhancements in november, but the fact that they're gonna give him a global exclusive enhancement after delaying him for so long makes me think they intend to change his niche in global and are gonna gently caress with the only enhancement anyone cares about for him

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Justice might mean full ribbon, and possibly stop/charm resists? It'd be NICE if they upgraded Hero's Rime farther since he's outbuffed by Roy and Soleil by that point, but I mean, I'll take it even at normal. raaaaaamzaaaaaaaaaa

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

BGrifter posted:

Setzer rules.

Now that's how you doublehand a die!

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
Finally, got my 100 Wins in a row in Arena. Onion Knight, 2B, Lunera, WoL, Aria made it happen. Phew what a slog, got to 80 a couple times before getting shut down by 3x Noctis teams flasking me to hell and back. Monarch Ring I'm almost here!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

BDawg posted:

Pulls from the general pool.

If you wait for Ayaka, you have the same chance to pull her as any other available 5*. It’s small, but it’s not zero.

Basically if you're not already swimming in the good TM units, go nuts. The people who are waiting are (like me) the ones that really only need to pull new poo poo. I think the only units I can pull at this point that won't be instantly relegated to "helping me speed farm" or "another 5%" are of course (most of) the 5* base units, Ingus and Grace. Everything else I don't give a drat about.

rabidsquid posted:

I believe the entirety of that comment is speculation on Reddit. The only thing I've seen is Refia 6* and "enhancements batch 8" mentioned in November. 0 details as to what's being enhanced.

E: vvvvv oh ok. New to me. Well here's hoping

Ugato fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Sep 28, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

theres a post in the leak megathread with a link to a google spreadsheet that appears to be legit so

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z3D2HNc2dxEsUSQWusg6yP1mOPofysMezFPa9p4Dgak/edit#gid=0

i dont know how to link to individual reddit posts but you can find it in here
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/72n44r/leaked_leaked_information_summary_megathread/

Kuai
May 25, 2004

so that free 10+1 ticket was kind of nice to me.

still sad i havent gotten prishe since she is the reason i started playing this dumb game

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Your nrg is triggering me.

Also your great pulls i guess. But mostly the nrg

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Do the relics refresh every month or something? I want to get that Adventurer's Spyglass but it looks like it takes 1,200 relics?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

There's three sets of rewards from expeditions: Completing an expedition which gives you the item/pot/etc. and relics, the weekly reward of lapis, a summon ticket, king HP/LB pot, and a 5% moogle which is just how many relics you got that week, and the adventurer 1-5 materia which you craft via the relics you got. The weekly rewards don't cost anything, it's just a counter. The relics you earn you keep and use them as the material to craft the adventurer materia.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
if any new players need a friend add me been playing for 447 consecutive days

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

McSpankWich posted:

Your nrg is triggering me.

Also your great pulls i guess. But mostly the nrg

Don't look...

I warned you.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
Well, my 10+1 didn't get me anything interesting, unless someone can tell me what I'm supposed to do with my now 4 Xons and 5 Victorias.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I guess I should put one of my orlandeus up instead of my Olive or something because everyone's shifting over to orlandeu chains now. What's generally more useful as a friend unit?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

I guess I should put one of my orlandeus up instead of my Olive or something because everyone's shifting over to orlandeu chains now. What's generally more useful as a friend unit?

If you're not in the Twolandeu Club or the 2 Dark 2 Veritas club, being able to chain with those guys is a game changer.

Olive or another finisher is better if you've got two Divine Ruination chainers.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

If you're not in the Twolandeu Club or the 2 Dark 2 Veritas club, being able to chain with those guys is a game changer.

Olive or another finisher is better if you've got two Divine Ruination chainers.

I have two orlandeus and an olive as part of my active part :shepface: I just don't know who to set up as a friend unit for other people.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Nuebot posted:

During an event either a useful max level and geared bonus unit or for raids a damage dealer equipped with any esper and gear and materia for killer weaknesses.

In general a chainer or finisher is highly useful if theres nothing else going on. Story events i love both since Olive is great for kill with LB mission requirements and that frees up a spot on my team.

But last week i pulled a third Orlando so I really only need a finisher now usually.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

I have two orlandeus and an olive as part of my active part :shepface: I just don't know who to set up as a friend unit for other people.

Most people do not have two Twolandeus or 2 Dark 2 Veritas, therefore an Orlandeu chainer is the better choice for more people.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Most people do not have two Twolandeus or 2 Dark 2 Veritas, therefore an Orlandeu chainer is the better choice for more people.

Really all anyone needs is an Agrias and they can then chain with your friend unit TGC. Is there a better budget chain setup? You can throw most DPS units on top of that to be a finisher.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I'd like to pull a rainbow on a 10+1 ticket for once.

Come to think of it, ALL of my 10+1 tickets have been kinda garbage.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Skyridge posted:

I'd like to pull a rainbow on a 10+1 ticket for once.

Come to think of it, ALL of my 10+1 tickets have been kinda garbage.

Just did mine and got trash. Maybe the one at 1am will have better luck.

It won't

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I finally got around to doing some of those story character trials and I kind of regret it because this equipment is garbage and wastes limited equipment slots. Also lasswell's trial sucks. Double also; most of this raid's crafted equipment seems really bad? Am I missing something or is this stuff just lame?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
The story character trial equipment is good though?

Also, the raid only has a few good things like the hat with evade on it, the shield with +HP%, the dagger with +HP%, and Shantotto's unique gear if you're planning on chaining with her. Shark Gun is a good mid tier gun if you don't have TM guns as well, and Slick Dart is good for Soleil.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Mischalaniouse posted:

The story character trial equipment is good though?

Is it? I'm probably dumb because outside of my tank, I basically just base gear on whether or not it adds attack and how much.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
The highlights are a katana with 92 ATK and a greatsword with 90 attack, those are just below TMs in power which is fantastic for people who don't have any TMs completed yet. Laswell's Clothes aren't too shabby either with +10 ATK and decent Def/Spirit.

Fina's gear is also great for equipping her, and she's a decent free healer.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

Ugato posted:

Basically if you're not already swimming in the good TM units, go nuts. The people who are waiting are (like me) the ones that really only need to pull new poo poo. I think the only units I can pull at this point that won't be instantly relegated to "helping me speed farm" or "another 5%" are of course (most of) the 5* base units, Ingus and Grace. Everything else I don't give a drat about.

So, after reading this post I decided to go ahead and spend the 10+1 I had, and while I didn't get any 5s (still no 5* chainer/finisher), I did get an Aria finally. Just in time after I finished enhancing Luka! Whoops. Have to read up on which is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mischalaniouse posted:

and Slick Dart is good for Soleil.

And Cupid Artemios! :v:

• Locked thread