Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Vikar Jerome posted:

the gently caress is this garbage. i mean, i'll ignore the weird rear end weeaboo adults into kids brony 14 going on 32 cartoon garbage or whatever the gently caress it is for the moment, but an n64 playing a game using the left and right prongs and not the middle and its a final fantasy type affair? on my nintendo 64? what in the gently caress.

Steven Universe takes place in a more ideal timeline in which a massive alien invasion early in our history solved a... lot of problems, apparently. This includes the lack of JRPGs on the N64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Alan_Shore posted:

Literally because memes.

Also I wish "____ when" was probatable

x when guys???? :chanpop: :gary:

Al Borland Corp. posted:

If I could get a nod to hand out probations for contentless "_____ WHEN?" posts I would. It's annoying, repetitive, and stopped being funny about the third time it was done.

But that's not really my call and they probably don't want to have to police a single thread that much.

look at this no fun haver

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 28, 2017

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

RCarr posted:

Played about 45 mins of Golf Story at lunch.

It's really charming. I can't wait to play more. Controls are super easy to learn, and it seems like a lot of fun. :)

Yeah I'm in the same boat, only got to play 30 minutes before work picked back up. It's very chill, the soundtrack is great, the art is pleasant. The joycon were going crazy with the rumble.

The font is not as annoying as everyone makes it out to be.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Vikar Jerome posted:

the gently caress is this garbage. i mean, i'll ignore the weird rear end weeaboo adults into kids brony 14 going on 32 cartoon garbage or whatever the gently caress it is for the moment, but an n64 playing a game using the left and right prongs and not the middle and its a final fantasy type affair? on my nintendo 64? what in the gently caress.

Look at this guy not watching the best show on tv. :yikes:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Stan Taylor posted:

Look at this guy not watching the best show on tv. :yikes:

Ash Vs Evil Dead hasn't started back up yet tho?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Golf Story, good?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Frankston posted:

It's real and it's called WWE 2K18 and it's coming out on Nintendo Switch my friend

Does it have rpg elements and can you go around a town doing quests and at any time press a button to execute a hurricanrana?

Oh wait I forgot they are making that it's called Octopath traveler

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

So far Steamworld Dig 2 deserves more accolades for character, music, novelty and surprise factor than golf story. Golf story is a chill little game but the hype is not really warranted

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

XyrlocShammypants posted:

So far Steamworld Dig 2 deserves more accolades for character, music, novelty and surprise factor than golf story. Golf story is a chill little game but the hype is not really warranted

Actually, both games are good.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Mario Run just got a big update and the new mode has some amazing Mario remixes.:eyepop:

The remixed music holy poo poo :lol:

Get ready to have sensory overload

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i haven't played it yet but golf story is going to be goty (golf of the year)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did anyone make a Golf Story thread??

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Sakurazuka posted:

Did anyone make a Golf Story thread??

Golf story thread when

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

The Manticore posted:

Actually, both games are good.

I'm playing Steamworld first because I know I'll be done in 8-10 hours and can move on.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Gather round, children, gather round..
*leans in close*
Golf Story is very good

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I ran into a minor bug in Golf Story where I broke the camera and camera focus wanted the character to be on the bottom edge of the screen instead of the center. You can fix this by transitioning to another screen.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Brb getting a refund on this broken game

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Played through the intro of Golf Story during lunch. I didn't actually watch the video I posted of the first 30 minutes, I went in blind. Can't tell if some of the dialog is intentionally quirky or translation errors, but it works either way. Don't love the contrast of the menus to the rest of the game, but I'm digging the crap out of it so far.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I'm probably gonna buy golf story when I get home

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Hey my dude there are apparently free demos online for Picross so check those out first I would say

where are these free demos? i like puzzle games and poo poo but the drooling over this one is making me wary.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
So is Golf Story good? I became interested due to it being an RPG and loving RPG's. I'm not huge into golf but tiger woods was always a fun game to me - is it more RPG or more Golf? :)

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

lelandjs posted:

Played through the intro of Golf Story during lunch. I didn't actually watch the video I posted of the first 30 minutes, I went in blind. Can't tell if some of the dialog is intentionally quirky or translation errors, but it works either way. Don't love the contrast of the menus to the rest of the game, but I'm digging the crap out of it so far.

The devs are Australian so any bizarre phrasing and language choice are Australianisms

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Hey so they are testing Divinity Original Sin II for Switch bros! Hope they make it happen!

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 28, 2017

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zutaten posted:

The devs are Australian so any bizarre phrasing and language choice are Australianisms

Ah, so not translation then. Regardless, I am SUCKED IN!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

InFlames235 posted:

So is Golf Story good? I became interested due to it being an RPG and loving RPG's. I'm not huge into golf but tiger woods was always a fun game to me - is it more RPG or more Golf? :)

It is very much an RPG with golf elements, you are completing quests to earn money and filling XP bars and levelling up and spending stat points and upgrading gear and I stole a dude's pie and gave it to a lady who wanted a pie and she said the pie kinda sucked but still gave me $4.

Right now I'm going around the starting course beating the golfing coach's students so the coach will like me more than them.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I've never played a Picross game before, should I get the Switch game?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Sucked in was something everybody said back in school. It sounds real stupid now that I'm reading it as an adult though!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Ash Vs Evil Dead hasn't started back up yet tho?

this is truth. tho since i dont pirate shows for some reason i have to wait for blu ray releases in the uk and season 2 is very very very close oh boy!

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED

BisterdDave posted:

I've never played a Picross game before, should I get the Switch game?

If you like fun logic puzzles, then yes. If you hate good things, then don't get it.

But please get it you probably won't be disappointed :)

I'm waiting on things at work to finish up and I don't have anything to do in the meantime. Gonna be a good employee and go hide and play picross :getin:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

njsykora posted:

It is very much an RPG with golf elements

This is what I was hoping now I'm even more excited to get home and tee up

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

RoboFrance_29 posted:

I'm waiting on things at work to finish up and I don't have anything to do in the meantime. Gonna be a good employee and go hide and play picross :getin:

MODS ??? :ohdear:

I shouldn't be buying video games this week lmao

But I really want Golf Story

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

deadly_pudding posted:

I know me neither. I have metroid returns to beat still, am only 12 or so hours into divinity original sin 2 on PC and then October is going to be absolutely INSANE for games. I need more time in the day :(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Golf Story does indeed seem to be good from the few hours I've put into it.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

deadly_pudding posted:

I've only made it to world two in rabbids but I wanna golf too :derp:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Zutaten posted:

SUCKED IN!!!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Macaluso posted:

The remixed music holy poo poo :lol:

Get ready to have sensory overload

Where at

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Raserys posted:

Where at

In yo butt

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
golf story has no online functions and is thus categorized as 'poo poo' under the 'bad games' section

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I do not want other plebes ruining my golf rpg at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Consummate Professional posted:

I'm probably gonna buy golf story when I get home

hell, same

• Locked thread