Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
For the record, I'm a hero. I have no idea why Kashuno is so fixated on the multiple alignments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Real simple :)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Yes, I do think Jimson would act that way with a scum team relying on him. Jimson has, in the past, scumclaimed on day 1 and outed his entire scum team. That means nothing.

It's incorrect that the Jimson lynch wouldn't give any information. There has been more interaction between him and other players than Little Mac, and there is more chance for content to come as a result of that. You see it, especially now, with the Yorkshire Tea/Jimson discussions. Again, Jimson explicitly stated he would be TOTALLY COMMITTED to playing this game and being active, but he isn't and his YT drive-by shows that he is not committed to being active.

Where I answered you directly

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Point to where I’m interested in defending Jimson

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Kashuno posted:

Point to where I’m interested in defending Jimson

Ask him? I was just translating.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

Explain why?

Jimson showed up with that weird PPM complaint and it was lazy cause he obviously hadn't read enough, but at least it was an attempt at a case, which we could easily prove wrong.

Mord is even worse because he just shows up to talk about lurker lunches.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Really, any time someone says that "woah nelly, that is a lot of votes all of the sudden, how suspicious" thing, they are defending them, even if they don't mean it that way.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

CCKeane posted:

I feel like the last 5 pages are nonsense. Yes, I read them.

Well that's my two cents.

I'm kind of thinking Kash's being bad I guess.

I think he's maybe just a little-too-aggressive town, or at least I'd like to believe he's town, so I'm not going to bother voting for him d1.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
woah nelly that is a lot of votes all of a sudden how suspicious

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
please dont hurt jimmy hes just misunderstood :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

King Burgundy posted:

Really, any time someone says that "woah nelly, that is a lot of votes all of the sudden, how suspicious" thing, they are defending them, even if they don't mean it that way.

:agreed:

It's not directly shifting the blame, but leaving the door wide open for someone else to

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
So you don't like his lack of trying or his drive-by vote of YT.

And this is different from my own stated opinions how?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Jimson showed up with that weird PPM complaint and it was lazy cause he obviously hadn't read enough, but at least it was an attempt at a case, which we could easily prove wrong.

Mord is even worse because he just shows up to talk about lurker lunches.

You're missing the second part of the case and uh, I would not characterize what Jimson was doing as attempting anything.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

flerp posted:

please dont hurt jimmy hes just misunderstood :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I'm going to cast reraise on him just so we can murder him again later.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Maybe I’m being too overly focused on multiple alignments, I don’t know really how to work in this space. I think I was scum in every other ff games? Idr 5 very well but that was insanity anyway. Idk how to really reconcile “I think someone is scum” with “I think this person is also scum but not the same kind”

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

GulagDolls posted:

I'm going to cast reraise on him just so we can murder him again later.

at least jimjam will come back

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tobbs just explain to me how showing Jimson would do something as scum makes it suddenly not the laziest vote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

You're missing the second part of the case and uh, I would not characterize what Jimson was doing as attempting anything.

Second part of the case? Can I get a quick tl;dr?

I don't have anything against lunching Jimson btw, just wanted to see if Mord was also an option cause I think he's worse

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

flerp posted:

i had a big post about all of my reads but it got tedious so ill give summaries

TM - stupid plays, but prob town

BK - i didnt like his case on TM, leaning slightly scum

garth - before reading, i thought he was scum, after reading, he feels genuine. leaning slight town

xad - was suspicious of, but i agree that it feels like a new player playing town. could still be scum, but not definitive. if they werent new, i prob would think they were scum, but i think their play could be from a newbie town.

bif - some of her posts bothered me, slightly suspicious, i got my eye on her.

asiina - vote on me was (ironically) a bit easy, but overall, dont think bad about her. null atm.

gulag - doing gulag things.

yt - i think his day 1 lynches are terrible is really bad play, but its something hes said consistently within other games. i do think he hasnt provided any reads, but im not sure if thats him not engaging with the game or because of his d1 lynches are bad policy. possibly scum, but not sure.

kash - he's cool, i like him

jimson - lovers

those are the people i have major reads on. if not on the list, then i basically have a null read on them.

I just caught this going back through flerps posts.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

Tobbs just explain to me how showing Jimson would do something as scum makes it suddenly not the laziest vote

I know you're feeling overly antagonistic and you're probably feeling some cognitive dissonance, but Jimson's play was so bad I couldn't believe he'd play that way on a scum team. Providing an example of him doing just that removed the only barrier I had to believing he was scum.

You convinced me, it shouldn't be so surprising. I already wasn't too keen on him, especially after he went after me right out of the gate on an absolutely terrible case.

I honestly don't understand why you're so hung up on this. If you think I'm scum and are suspicious of me for agreeing with you, let it go. I'm town.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mithross posted:

I just caught this going back through flerps posts.

He and Jimson are lovers in every game forever

I’ll back off my suspicions of people on the Jimson lynch for now. It’s hard for me to tone it down because on a regular lynch I can see a couple things that look off to me, whereas in this game I can’t assume ANYONE is arguing in good faith, because even if they are they may not be town aligned. Sorry yall

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
look at how town kashuno is

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Kashuno posted:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Kashuno posted:

I’ll back off my suspicions of people on the Jimson lynch for now. It’s hard for me to tone it down because on a regular lynch I can see a couple things that look off to me, whereas in this game I can’t assume ANYONE is arguing in good faith, because even if they are they may not be town aligned. Sorry yall

oh ok that makes more sense I guess?

I didn't realize I was intruding on a private thing here

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Jeez asiina I’m sorry I asked you the same question so many times Tobbs is asking me the same thing I’ve stated over and over and it’s piss

ty

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

JimsonTheBetrayer (8): Max, Kashuno, Flying Leatherman, Poque, Xad, GulagDolls, Tobbs Gnawed, Tired Moritz
Yorkshire Tea (3): garthoneeye, Mithross, GulagDolls, JimsonTheBetrayer, Tired Moritz, GulagDolls, Tired Moritz
garthoneeye (2): BottleKnight, King Burgundy, Xad, Xad
b-minus1 (2): Poque, Asiina, Poque, Bifauxnen
Little Mac (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, Mordiceius, Tobbs Gnawed
Hal Incandenza (1): Kashuno, flerp, Max, Asiina, Max, Asiina, King Burgundy, King Burgundy, Murmur Twin, Kashuno, flerp
Tired Moritz (1): Poque, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, IllegallySober, Poque
King Burgundy (0): garthoneeye, b-minus1, b-minus1, garthoneeye
IllegallySober (0): Max, Max
Mithross (0): Poque, Poque
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Max, Max
BottleKnight (0): Flying Leatherman, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Flying Leatherman, Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz, Bifauxnen
Poque (0): Xad, Xad
Kashuno (0): flerp, flerp, Xad, Xad
Max (0): JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer
Xad (0): GulagDolls, Tobbs Gnawed, Flying Leatherman, Flying Leatherman, Tobbs Gnawed, GulagDolls
flerp (0): GulagDolls, Asiina, IllegallySober, GulagDolls, IllegallySober, Asiina
Mordiceius (0): IllegallySober, IllegallySober
Asiina (0): Max, Max, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (8): b-minus1, CCKeane, chaoslord, flerp, Hal Incandenza, Little Mac, vector_to, Yorkshire Tea

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 28th, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 6 hours, 5 minutes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Still not too late to vote Garth instead!

I'll probably swap to Jimson in another hour or so if that doesn't pick up though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Both Tobbs and Kash feel pretty town from that whole thing. It definitely reads as a misunderstanding.

I would vote for Jimson, but I still agree with KB that it's basically a lurker lynch and let's be real I don't like how Jimson plays and I think the game will be better off without him.

I still like b-minus for my vote though. I don't buy his explanation that he was wrong about BK. It's one thing to say someone hasn't done something because you missed where they did it, but to think someone is scummy because they're doing something that they're not at all, that's fabricated not a mistake.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, and I also think MMT might be scum. She's kinda like me where she's self-conscious to post when she is scum. I don't think I'd want to vote her today, but I am suspicious.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I’d vote Garth as well. As much as I have a problem with Jimson saying he will engage more and not doing so, I see why people think it may be more of a lurker thingn

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What’s the case on Garth someone download me

Max
Nov 30, 2002

His drive by vote on YT pushed him out of just a lurker lunch in my mind.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

##unvote (didn't realize Glowku's vote stayed on when I subbed in)

I've now read everything I missed. Although I can't swear I retained a whole lot of it.

Not crazy about the YT votes- I policy-voted him D1 in the last game we were in together for his "no-dunks on D1 are good" stance but don't want to lean on that every game and don't get a strong sense about him either way so far this game.

I suppose I could go Jimson if that's what everyone else wants to do. Don't feel great about his play so far.

However:

[quote="Mordiceius"post="476861919"]
With 6 hours, we don't have much time to swing the vote in any new directions.
[/quote]

In a game with 20+ pages of content on day 1 this post pings the gently caress out of me. Six hours to go before deadline in a 26-player game is an eternity.

This feels to me like scum wanting to solidify a choice between non-scum bandwagons and I don't like it at all.

##vote Mordiceius

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Dammit, thought I found the solution to that quote problem, guess not.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

Not crazy about the YT votes- I policy-voted him D1 in the last game we were in together for his "no-dunks on D1 are good" stance but don't want to lean on that every game and don't get a strong sense about him either way so far this game.

To be clear I am not voting him because he thinks no dunks on d1 are good.

I am voting him because he won't express opinions on other players, regardless of if he wants to lynch today.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mithross posted:

To be clear I am not voting him because he thinks no dunks on d1 are good.

I am voting him because he won't express opinions on other players, regardless of if he wants to lynch today.

That's fair. Although I guess my point would be if he's dead-set against dunking D1, I'd be surprised if he had strong opinions either way.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

flerp posted:

at least jimjam will come back

I'll always come back for you baby

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

King Burgundy posted:

Still not too late to vote Garth instead!

I'll probably swap to Jimson in another hour or so if that doesn't pick up though.

Wow way to couch your votes buddy.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

To justify my hardcore poke and Freak out. I am vanilla town. I hate vanilla town it's a lovely roll forever and needs to be put to bed with out a bottle.

I wanted to drum up. But if Drama and and see who bites. Max definitely reacted like town what with his freak out and then eventual frustration with me cucking them. Kashuno still reeks of scum for defending me. It's a weird thing to do especially when all the votes levied on me were LYNCH THE LURKER WHO POSTED STUPID poo poo!!! Which is a very town reaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
My only goal D1 is to survive to N1 so I can actually play Mafia.

If you really want to press me. There's no D1 posting I've seen here that is outside my margin of error for misguided town. I wouldn't vote anyone on that basis.

The only time you'll get a D1 vote out of me is if someone is being genuinely unpleasant as a person. (Or if I'm roleplaying as Hal)

• Locked thread