Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

Also, Infant Annihilator has been removed from Spotify and iTunes. Allegedly for being too offensive which is a crock of horse poo poo.

Yeah, same for BROJOB. But both are still up on Google Play Music, so I'm good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

ShoogaSlim posted:

New Contortionist album is out. I'm one instrumental intro track and half of a regular song in, but judging from the songs that were already released, this is going to be a solid contender for 2017's best.

No link bc just go find it using whatever method you prefer.

Also, Infant Annihilator has been removed from Spotify and iTunes. Allegedly for being too offensive which is a crock of horse poo poo.

Weird, they're still available here in Denmark on Spotify.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
new ABR leaked over the weekend and that poo poo is fuego 🔥🔥🔥🔥

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Eight Is Legend posted:

Weird, they're still available here in Denmark on Spotify.

They got put back up apparently

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Jammed some Gone Forever by God Forbid earlier today. Forgot how good this album was.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Chromatic posted:

Jammed some Gone Forever by God Forbid earlier today. Forgot how good this album was.

Funny, I was just listening to Constitution of Treason yesterday. Still owns.

God Forbid's whole discography is solid as gently caress. Even Equilibrium rips.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Anybody else itt use Apple Music? With iOS 11, Apple have finally ripped off Spotify's social features. Add me so I can stalk your plays and see what cool songs I'm sleeping on.

https://itunes.apple.com/profile/Beelzebozo

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
New Enter Shikari is out though there's not much metal to be found in it, I figure at least someone else here will dig it though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSFSbZeShL0

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

kumba posted:

New Enter Shikari is out though there's not much metal to be found in it, I figure at least someone else here will dig it though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSFSbZeShL0

I've brought them up a time or two and most of the posters in here think they're bad, so I highly doubt this album changes any minds. That said, I've loved them for years and think this album is better than their last.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I had never heard of them before The Mindsweep but I really thought that was one of the most underrated albums of 2015. So far I'm only like 5 tracks into The Spark but I'm definitely enjoying it

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It never really gets going but “I don’t want to take my country back, I want to take it forward” is a good line.
I’d like to hear it with some tdep style carnage instead.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

New albums from The Bronx and Counterparts are also really loving good. The Bronx have been a favorite for years, so I've been stoked for them to release a new one and it certainly doesn't disappoint. I've always been a little lukewarm on Counterparts (I've never been huge on the more melodic flavors of hardcore), but they're undeniably good at what they do and this new album is further proof of it.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i never cared much for the bronx's music but their live show is preeeetty sick and, if on the fence, you should go see it

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Always down for some more Counterparts.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
They just put up a video today for Swim Beneath My Skin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7FkHHk1hhM

Whole album is good, but my favorite is definitely Rope. That one is crazy.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^Rope and Thieves are both bangers

emdash posted:

i never cared much for the bronx's music but their live show is preeeetty sick and, if on the fence, you should go see it

Yeah, they're playing two nights here next month, but, of course, it's on the day I leave the country. I'm loving pissed.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

emdash posted:

I'm seeing them and '68 in a couple of weeks and I'm pumped. That latest '68 album has some amazing tracks on it.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I've never listened to Counterparts before this morning and apparently that was a mistake, this record loving rips

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm seeing them and '68 in a couple of weeks and I'm pumped. That latest '68 album has some amazing tracks on it.

the Chariot was really good live imo (i know that was disputed long ago in this thread, tho). Hope '68 will be similar!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

emdash posted:

the Chariot was really good live imo (i know that was disputed long ago in this thread, tho). Hope '68 will be similar!

Wait, people were claiming The Chariot WEREN'T good live?!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

emdash posted:

XIII posted:

Wait, people were claiming The Chariot WEREN'T good live?!

I never got into The Chariot at all, but I saw them open for Underoath once (the bill also included These Arms Are Snakes, it was hilarious watching teenaged scene kids try to figure out what the hell to do during their set) and people lost their loving minds when they played. Like, maybe more energy than when Underoath came on.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
'68 live are awesome. The Chariot live when I saw them were tough guy nonsense.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
When I saw The Chariot the guitars made consistently loud squealing noises so the set kind of was just painful to listen to

That's probably more the venue's fault though

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

That new Counterparts tape is incredible and I'm obsessed, goes so drat hard

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It’s fuckin good

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

My fav on there is A Memory Misread. So drat melodic catchy and head bobbingly good

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

No Servant of Mine is loving Riff Church

NetflixAndRichHill
May 11, 2017
More new Converge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsQ69nLEX84

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
the new 36 crazyfists is not good

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

kumba posted:

36 crazyfists is not good

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i had to try, but i only made it 4 songs in before giving up

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

New Kublai Khan fucks real hard

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

8 Years at 1:22 is such a loving rear end kicker of a breakdown

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
I can confirm that the new Counterparts album owns bones.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Counterparts finally figured out how to add some catchy anthemic parts to their songs and I love it, their new album is so goddamn good.

New Contortionist is different, different and loving INCREDIBLE, these guys gotta be the next BTBAM, no?

Also I love the new Enter Shikari, I loved the last one too, they're absolutely incredible at capturing a feeling in a moment

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
new black dahlia out baby

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

ShoogaSlim posted:

8 Years at 1:22 is such a loving rear end kicker of a breakdown

This whole record makes me low key regret being away from the gym on vacation because gently caress what wild training riffs these are.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I thought the new contortionist was really boring, vocals were way too one note

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Stelio Kontos posted:

New Contortionist is different, different and loving INCREDIBLE, these guys gotta be the next BTBAM, no?

Having just seen the two of them together last night, lol no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Kublai Khan lyrics still crazy on point. https://genius.com/Kublai-khan-true-fear-lyrics Gotta say hardcore still reigns supreme among cores on the lyrics front. Not that I don't appreciate a good blechgh, but this is real good poo poo.