Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

2. U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Diog: How much could we get if we sold the sword? As in, how many people could we pay the tax for if we sold our sword to do so?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Theglavwen posted:

Diog: How much could we get if we sold the sword? As in, how many people could we pay the tax for if we sold our sword to do so?
A couple hundred if you can find a buyer? You could just toss it into the loot and declare its value a couple hundred people as well?

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Booo on all you people trying to mitigate these harms! Booo! That's not SWORD MAN's style! MASS ENSLAVEMENT HO!

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Zodiac5000 posted:

Booo on all you people trying to mitigate these harms! Booo! That's not SWORD MAN's style! MASS ENSLAVEMENT HO!

Like seriously we can work out some of our self-loathing at being gezeran AND get rich? Score!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I realize that we're trying to be Schindler and all but that sword is probably going to be the only thing between our family and demonic consumption.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Volmarias posted:

I realize that we're trying to be Schindler and all but that sword is probably going to be the only thing between our family and demonic consumption.

Yes, please don't lose that good sword. We need that sword.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
We already have a Schindler! Enkidel can abolition his way to success over in Kavodel, Let's not make this guy into Enkidel-but-not-bullshit. Embrace the need to enslave your fellow Donut Man!

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Volmarias posted:

This.

We have an opportunity to be a good person and NOT contribute to anybody's enslavement (send our Gezerean men to guard their families, have the people in our neighborhood pay the tax) and optionally save a few people too (various ways of passing out chips to poor folk).

There's no way to make this NOT a shitshow, the king of Kitron has agreed that there shall be a shitshow, all we can do is minimize our involvement in it.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Zodiac5000 posted:

We already have a Schindler! Enkidel can abolition his way to success over in Kavodel, Let's not make this guy into Enkidel-but-not-bullshit. Embrace the need to enslave your fellow Donut Man!

This. Embrace your inner donut douchebag.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

2. X

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
Plan Tsyni

vote changed, see below

Diog, Temples of El provide sanctuary, yes? How many could we shove into the temple?

Imperialist Dog fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 30, 2017

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Imperialist Dog posted:

Plan Tsyni

Diog, Temples of El provide sanctuary, yes? How many could we shove into the temple?
You, Damuzi have certainly never hard of El's temple providing sanctuary. Sanctuary for what?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

G Lb X

I just wish that there was one rich rear end in a top hat we could murderize for cash, but we'd have to slaughter their entire household.

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Sep 30, 2017

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Zodiac5000 posted:

:same:

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Diogines posted:

You, Damuzi have certainly never hard of El's temple providing sanctuary. Sanctuary for what?

Wrong voting. El save us. Inshelah.

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

What happens to the people we give our tokens to? Do they just stay homeless, starving on the streets?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Diogines posted:

Has Damuzi Never heard the story of that one king in that one city that got invaded?? King Amos, that's the guy. He certainly got provided sanctuary

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Aades posted:

What happens to the people we give our tokens to? Do they just stay homeless, starving on the streets?

This might be obvious, but have you considered that your 21st century morals don't belong here?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Mr. Nemo posted:

Has Damuzi Never heard the story of that one king in that one city that got invaded?? King Amos, that's the guy. He certainly got provided sanctuary
King Whomos? Damuzi, the son of a soldier who spent most of his life in a slum never heard of such a man. Your knowledge of the Old Tales are limited mostly to the really old ones involving Labaras, those tied to important holidays and those about the line Kitron ultimately claims as its heritage. You are certainly no religious scholar.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I love how Damuzi, the son of a soldier who spent most of his life in a slum and has recently bought a slave to help with the household, has apparently decided to have treasonous thoughts to defy the king and now thinks slavery is horrible.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I love how Damuzi, the son of a soldier who spent most of his life in a slum and has recently bought a slave to help with the household, has apparently decided to have treasonous thoughts to defy the king and now thinks slavery is horrible.

Does he? I think we're predominantly in favour of doing the job, maybe with a bit of protecting the Gezerans whence we came thrown in.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

U ain't playin Enkidel here boyo

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
U. Slaves for the slave god! Gold for the gold* throne.

*plated

TacoNight fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 30, 2017

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

U

Let's not play everyone the same way. What's the point?

Round up time let's get rich.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

C Lb X

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Voting remains open but I am quite interested to see a count. Do we have a volunteer to count? If so, please post to let us know, thanks.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-KUbflnMEs

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 30, 2017

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
P Lb

Eat the rich

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Imperialist Dog posted:

P Lb

Eat the rich

We're trying to be rich, man. We're up jumped and wouldn't turn on our betters.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
U

This guy just has to survive until we go back to Enkidel, and j really don't see how this could be bad for him. Most of the people in Kitron are from Kitron. He may be a poo poo person, but he isn't our main character. He is doing the best he can though.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

1: A + Lb
2: U

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'm reading diog's posts from the beginning now instead of just going by recap and I love all the options for sacrificing Danal to Asherah.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Xinder posted:

I'm reading diog's posts from the beginning now instead of just going by recap and I love all the options for sacrificing Danal to Asherah.

It's not too late, friend.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Ab + L + U

Rum ol' world.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
I suggest we give our sword to the king, and ask that it pay for many if not cancel the whole shebang. It is very possible he'll just take the sword and continue to tax, but if he does it'll show him up as a jerk, and in any case he's the guy who would be most effective with that sword anyway. And it's got Elness on it, that's sure to mess with him.

Give our sweetass sword to the king for paying as many Gezerans as we can manage.

I never regret going full liberal.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
I seem to notice a trend here, that regardless of prior motivation, logic or reason, all goon-led characters are going to become some sort of abolitionist with a :spergin: about technology.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I don't think he has a problem with slavery, rather it's a crisis of culture not principle because surprise Damuzi sees himself as a Gezeran rather than a Kitronite. It's not "free the slaves" it's "save my people".

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Z the IVth posted:

I seem to notice a trend here, that regardless of prior motivation, logic or reason, all goon-led characters are going to become some sort of abolitionist with a :spergin: about technology.

When you feel powerless to change the real world you retreat into places that you do have power to change, CYOAs on a dead comedy forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Yeah, I (and I'm interpreting most people voting similarly) am playing Damuzi as more of a "my people" type person than a "no slaves ever" type person. Big difference.

If it were Accoans being rounded up, (my idea of) Damuzi wouldn't give a poo poo.