Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Did you ask the bus driver if they would let you up on to the roof?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DLC Inc posted:

really want a pro controller but I already preordered the badass xenoblade one, and at 70 bucks idk if I'd buy another just to have it now

Why not get the Splatoon 2 version? :pseudo:

For what it's worth, the Pro Controller's very nice and quite comfortable if you have big hands.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's more that it's gonna be Gamefreak's first HD game, and that takes a lot of effort and training to work on from the ground-up. Even if Nintendo steps in to do some of the heavy coding.

The 3d models they've been using since XY are actually pretty overbuilt, which is part of why the recent games have had framerate issues. I don't think the transition will be all that bad.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I still haven't picked a Switch up yet (soooon hopefully) but I had a question. Is that Switch warping thing still happening? I've seen a few pictures of the tablet warped slightly.

I've seen as many "warped switch" stories as I have "the switch blew out my SD card" stories, which is to say one. Try not to put it in your pocket and sit on it.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The HD Rumble in Golf Story is great. It makes sounds for somethings even

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Nolgthorn posted:

Was playing Mario Rabbids on a 4 hr bus ride while plebs were playing bejeweled on their phones. Girls kept checking out my screen.

they were checking out Iwata's sweet rear end spirit form.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

One other thing I like is that because of the kickstand and detachable Joycons I can lean back at my desk to play instead of hunching forward I do a lot subconsciously when I play on a phone or something in my hands

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I like that everything about the Switch is immediately playable without having to bring a bunch of poo poo. You can bring a better cellphone stand or pro controllers to make it better, but it has its own screen, controllers and kickstand and it's so easy to crank out a 2p game whenever

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Spellman posted:

I like that everything about the Switch is immediately playable without having to bring a bunch of poo poo. You can bring a better cellphone stand or pro controllers to make it better, but it has its own screen, controllers and kickstand and it's so easy to crank out a 2p game whenever

Yeah it actually feels like a toy, and I say that as a very high compliment

In this era of sterile rectangle devices the switch really has a digital multiplayer toy vibe to it when taking it out in group settings, kinda like a board game does

In contrast, playing phone games just doesn't feel as good even if you don't account for inferior touch screen controls

Soon enough I'll be having my own rooftop parties just you watch

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The word on Japan on Fire Emblem Warriors is very positive with some saying it's better than Hyrule Warriors

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
The thing I miss from the gamecube was the thing you could use to connect a GBA/SP controller to it and use it as a controller for some games or to even transfer some data [Chao Garden's Tails Chao from PSOe1+2 to Sonic Adventure 2 Battle].

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I take my switch out of the dock frequently to play stuff while my wife watches tv

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Dizz posted:

The thing I miss from the gamecube was the thing you could use to connect a GBA/SP controller to it and use it as a controller for some games or to even transfer some data [Chao Garden's Tails Chao from PSOe1+2 to Sonic Adventure 2 Battle].

you miss that? it felt like more bullshit peripheral gimmick to me

but also I bought an ereader like a big dumb idiot so I'm extra cynical about useless 50 dollar accessories only usable in 2-3 titles that the gaming industry seems to love so much, and from what i recall that gba to gcn cable wasn't too expensive

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The word on Japan on Fire Emblem Warriors is very positive with some saying it's better than Hyrule Warriors

I'm glad that the developers merely mishandled the fire emblem IP instead of also mishandling the warriors gameplay

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

KingSlime posted:

you miss that? it felt like more bullshit peripheral gimmick to me

but also I bought an ereader like a big dumb idiot so I'm extra cynical about useless 50 dollar accessories only usable in 2-3 titles that the gaming industry seems to love so much, and from what i recall that gba to gcn cable wasn't too expensive

You say this like amiibos don't exist

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm glad that the developers merely mishandled the fire emblem IP instead of also mishandling the warriors gameplay

It's a bunch of girly anime men and titty anime women doing violence and incest on each other while acting like dumb school children
Is the Warriors game not like this?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
oh yeah i don't do amibos

wtf am i gonna do with little plastic nintendo toys? not much of a trinket guy personally though bowser in a tux looks pretty righteous i'll admit

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Calaveron posted:

It's a bunch of girly anime men and titty anime women doing violence and incest on each other while acting like dumb school children
Is the Warriors game not like this?

It's the roster selection that sucks not the way they depict the characters they chose (well, except for recasting all the VAs)

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Nolgthorn posted:

How would they top MK8, a lot of people really liked double dash... maybe like that?
Maybe put in a drat options menu so I can turn off the music.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Dr. VooDoo posted:

All the info I need. Musou games feel like they would be perfect on the Switch.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
wait

are we getting both DQB1 and 2? google seems to suggest as much but no article i've come across mentions them both in the same article

either that or a bunch of websites are just using Dragon Quest Builders to describe the sequel

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Skipping fire emblem warriors. Hope its fun but i dont care about the characters in fe at all

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Piquai Souban posted:

I got Golf Story mostly to play on a trip, but it is a ton of fun. Don't care about golf but this is fun and silly enough to pull me in.

Same. I even went and rented Everybody's Golf to see if I got SUCKED IN! And I did. Thankfully, that game doesn't seem to require PS+ to play online.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Do we know if owain is playable or is he dlc?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Everybody's Golf is insanely good. So much customization, so many holes, all these VS challengers, the gear, the balls, and all the side-content like golf karts and fishing. Kinda wish Nintendo still gave a poo poo about Mario Golf so maybe Switch could have something like it.

KingSlime posted:

wait

are we getting both DQB1 and 2? google seems to suggest as much but no article i've come across mentions them both in the same article

either that or a bunch of websites are just using Dragon Quest Builders to describe the sequel

Square-Enix announced that Builders 1 is coming to Switch in Spring 2018. No idea if either will come overseas yet.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

KingSlime posted:

wait

Both. DQB2 was announced for both Switch and PS4, and then on the last Direct, Nintendo confirmed the original.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Man I hope the volume slider on DQB goes to zero this time. The lowest point on the slider was 1 on PS4 and the (third?) town's music broke me.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

cheetah7071 posted:

It's the roster selection that sucks not the way they depict the characters they chose (well, except for recasting all the VAs)

Lets make a FE Musou game but not include some of the most popular characters of the franchise, even as DLC! :downs:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

Videogames do you own pokken?
If not wanna play gg xrd or tekken

I do not own Pokken or Tekken, but I would certainly play GG Xrd! :D
The next time I am likely able to play is after 10:00pm my time tomorrow, so if you are around on PS4 then heck yeah!

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Evil Fluffy posted:

Lets make a FE Musou game but not include some of the most popular characters of the franchise, even as DLC! :downs:

This caused me to check out the roster and now I'm sad. I thought that the main characters would be overrepresented but it's a bit much. I don't think we even get an axe user? I figured at least Hector was a shoe-in? And nobody from the Wii games?

It's also a travesty that Owain is in but as an NPC.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Pokken is good

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
How's the new Picross? With all the fuss around Golf Story, I don't think I've seen much talk about it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Meldonox posted:

How's the new Picross? With all the fuss around Golf Story, I don't think I've seen much talk about it.

It's Picross.

Golf story has a separate thread.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hackan Slash posted:

This caused me to check out the roster and now I'm sad. I thought that the main characters would be overrepresented but it's a bit much. I don't think we even get an axe user? I figured at least Hector was a shoe-in? And nobody from the Wii games?

It's also a travesty that Owain is in but as an NPC.

I'm kind of pissed off that Koei Tecmo brought back the idea of unique NPC officers for Warriors games, even if the intent is to use them later down the line as DLC. They haven't done that for years! Then again the Hyrule Warriors season passes showed them how much Nintendo fans are willing to pay for their favorites. I'm just glad that mentality hasn't come over to the actual Warriors games.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

I do not own Pokken or Tekken, but I would certainly play GG Xrd! :D
The next time I am likely able to play is after 10:00pm my time tomorrow, so if you are around on PS4 then heck yeah!

holy gently caress that's a fantastic av

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Meldonox posted:

If you like Picross... get it

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The West gets toilet paper, Japan gets (essentially) STR vs DEX

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

You say this like amiibos don't exist

In Canada, this is actually true after the first hour of a store's opening.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Gonna join power and use the umbrella. You can't tell me what to do!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Policenaut posted:

The West gets toilet paper, Japan gets (essentially) STR vs DEX

Stamina would be CON, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygBP7MtT3Ac

:ssj:

• Locked thread