Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
SHIELD Reunion? Are you....
This poll is closed.
Excited as hell! :woop: 8 5.63%
Tentatively intrigued :thunk: 29 20.42%
Completely indifferent :geno: 91 64.08%
Enraged at the very idea :argh: 14 9.86%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I wonder how many people watching now remember JBL's reign, cos it was exactly the same as Jinder's and it really loving sucked then too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

MassRafTer posted:

How'd everyone enjoy watching the continued deification of a white nationalist?

Who are you talking about?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

DarkstarIV posted:

I'm thinking of no longer watching Smackdown if Jinder retains at Hell in a Cell (Maybe I'll start watching again once he drops the title). He'll have run out of feuds after Hell in a Cell, and he is quite possibly one of (if not) the worst WWE champions in the company's history.

I already did this after summerslam and I've been much happier

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thats the thing is not only the horrid writing but Jinder loving sucks as a perfomer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SalTheBard posted:

Warrior.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think I'm having a fever dream because WWE just made a video of Xavier Woods, Charolette Flair, and AJ Styles wearing the jerseys of the three Chinese teams in the League of Legends World Championships asking people to support them

http://weibo.com/tv/v/FoPFUBcTQ?fid=1034:13c6df7877dfed3cb3a0e3dba3a61445

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DoctorGonzo posted:

Thats the thing is not only the horrid writing but Jinder loving sucks as a perfomer.

I haven't even bothered to watch any of the hype for this match. Even the other week where Jinder said something racist apparently, I was like... whatever, I cannot even be bothered to track that down to see it

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Jinder wrestles like every interminable steroid man who was bad in 80s WWF so maybe Vince is just reliving his youth

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

RealFoxy posted:

I think I'm having a fever dream because WWE just made a video of Xavier Woods, Charolette Flair, and AJ Styles wearing the jerseys of the three Chinese teams in the League of Legends World Championships asking people to support them

http://weibo.com/tv/v/FoPFUBcTQ?fid=1034:13c6df7877dfed3cb3a0e3dba3a61445

This is incredible

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I loving knew this would happen the moment Jinder won the belt and people were like "naw it's fine, he's a good transitional champ, DON'T HINDER JINDER LOLZ." Now he's gonna hold it for a loving year, God help us all.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I can't manage dislike for Jinder for bombing horribly as champ.

A guy who wrestles squash matches (on the squashed side, so he doesn't even get to figure out 'hey this is a move I can do') for nearly his entire career can't carry any part of a main event feud? That's why you have a guy wrestle long matches on house shows and whatnot before putting him in that role.

Not that it'd have saved Jinder, but it'd at least make things less bad?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Benne posted:

I loving knew this would happen the moment Jinder won the belt and people were like "naw it's fine, he's a good transitional champ, DON'T HINDER JINDER LOLZ." Now he's gonna hold it for a loving year, God help us all.

literally no one was saying this though

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Jinder as champion was, and still is, incredibly loving funny

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

I'm still glad that his heart exploded from taking too many steroids after publicly stating that people who take drugs deserve to die.

And all the other racist, homophobic bigoted poo poo he did.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'm still glad that his heart exploded from taking too many steroids after publicly stating that people who take drugs deserve to die.

And all the other racist, homophobic bigoted poo poo he did.

Same

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bradzilla posted:

Plenty of people were.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Every full-timer WWE champion is either a cheating loser if a heel or total idiot if a face, so someone bad I don't care about is the best choice to hold it.

Also Randy Orton sucks.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The WWE thread is a hivemind that always believes the opposite of whatever you personally think, so that you can be cool and different and counterculture. Thats what I've learned

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I would still rather take Jinder doing the same thing every week as a heel that leads eventually to a hot babyface taking the title over Randy Orton holding the title for a year with pretty minimal reactions as a face/heel

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

bradzilla posted:

There was plenty of obnoxious IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD :downs: posts.

RealFoxy posted:

I would still rather take Jinder doing the same thing every week as a heel that leads eventually to a hot babyface taking the title over Randy Orton holding the title for a year with pretty minimal reactions as a face/heel

"A hot babyface", lol, get a load of this idiot.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

Both "don't hinder Jinder" and "he's just going to be a transitional champ, it's fine" were absolutely things said frequently soon after his win. We can talk about whether said comments were ironic or legit serious, because that's actually debatable, but they were both done

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

VJeff posted:

There was plenty of obnoxious IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD :downs: posts.

"A hot babyface", lol, get a load of this idiot.
Maybe Randy Orton will win the title at Wrestlemania and we'll get the best of both worlds.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

projecthalaxy posted:

The WWE thread is a hivemind that always believes the opposite of whatever you personally think, so that you can be cool and different and counterculture. Thats what I've learned
We are all Ted Ralls in this some forum

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I would still rather take Jinder doing the same thing every week as a heel that leads eventually to a hot babyface taking the title

On the 1% chance this is ever actually the result, I'd agree with you

Right now I consider the brand split ending and Reigns unifying the belts to be more likely than that

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Both "don't hinder Jinder" and "he's just going to be a transitional champ, it's fine" were absolutely things said frequently soon after his win. We can talk about whether said comments were ironic or legit serious, because that's actually debatable, but they were both done

And guess what, I got mad about it. Because it sucked, sucks, and will always suck. RAW is practically '99 in comparison.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

RealFoxy posted:

Sounds like a job for Luke Harper!

(where the gently caress is luke harper)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And guess what, I got mad about it. Because it sucked, sucks, and will always suck. RAW is practically '99 in comparison.

You were right

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Sounds like a job for Luke Harper!

(where the gently caress is luke harper)

Where

the gently caress

is Luke Harper

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
There's no such thing as a hot babyface in the WWE and there hasn't been one in at least 3 years.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

You were right

I was genuinely making fun of myself for always getting mad about poo poo but thanks. :)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, you were raging about some weird rear end tangent and denying it was an India thing.

So you know, still batting 1.000.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Vaguido posted:

There's no such thing as a hot babyface in the WWE and there hasn't been one in at least 3 years.

Remember that time they had the perfect opportunity to double turn Braun and Roman and completely solidify the top face and top heel positions on Raw?

Remember how the next night, Roman came out and mumbled some poo poo about the Attitude Era and then was put into a match for a title shot?

Remember how the next week, Braun came back with some fabric around his arm and then it was never mentioned again?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
WWE Champion: Jinder Mahal, cowardly heel who needs help to win
IC Champ: The Miz, cowardly heel who needs help to win
RAW Women's: Alexa Bliss, cowardly heel who cheats to win
Smackdown Women's: Natalya, cowardly heel who ... doesn't do anything, really
Cruiserweight: Enzo Amore, cowardly heel who cheats to win

UK: Pete Dunne, badass heel who coincidentally is the coolest champion across all brands

At least there are actual babyface champions this time around, unlike the summer when Naomi was literally the only one.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aphrodite posted:

Every full-timer WWE champion is either a cheating loser if a heel or total idiot if a face, so someone bad I don't care about is the best choice to hold it.

Also Randy Orton sucks.

Wrong. Alexa Bliss beat the crap out off noted idiot loser nerd Bayley and won a fivesome

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, you were raging about some weird rear end tangent and denying it was an India thing.

So you know, still batting 1.000.

The subscription numbers are literally down in India so it's not an India thing, and I never argued it has nothing to do with India, I argued it has far more to do with whatever mutagen Jinder has been injecting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alexa is an asterisk.

She wins titles and PPV defenses usually pretty cleanly, but loses every non-singles match (frequently taking the loss herself) and most singles matches too, unless she cheats.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Natalya's not really cowardly, but unfortunately that's because Natalya's not really anything. She's not face or heel, she's just kind of a jerk. In retrospect, I'm not sure why they took the title off Naomi, who at least had a cool aesthetic on herself and the belt.

I remember when I thought all the neverending heel champion bullshit was building up to putting over a bunch of babyfaces at SummerSlam to make it feel like a really big show. Except
Universal: Retained, champ went right back to loving off.
WWE: Retained with the same interference bullshit.
Raw Women's: Babyface won then immediately dropped it back.
SmackDown Women's: Heel beat the babyface.
SmackDown Tags: Heels beat the babyfaces (granted, those heels are of the badass limb shattering variety, not the cowardly cheating variety, so I'll give it a pass)
Cruiserweight: The babyface won on Raw, then immediately dropped it back....so another babyface could win it, then immediately turn heel!

Big shock, the one championship where the babyfaces went over clean and then got to keep the titles, the Raw Tags, is the one thing that doesn't feel like it's in a creative black hole right now.

Also, AJ retained but they've botched AJ's current babyface run so bad, he was almost a better babyface when he was a cheating heel champion. gently caress.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The subscription numbers are literally down in India so it's not an India thing, and I never argued it has nothing to do with India, I argued it has far more to do with whatever mutagen Jinder has been injecting.

I think it's more to do with India (but his stupid gross body is a major factor as well), it's just that they're stupid and don't realize it's not gonna work.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Aphrodite posted:

Alexa is an asterisk.

She wins titles and PPV defenses usually pretty cleanly, but loses every non-singles match (frequently taking the loss herself) and most singles matches too, unless she cheats.

So her alignment is "Women's booking :shrug:"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

I wonder how many people watching now remember JBL's reign, cos it was exactly the same as Jinder's and it really loving sucked then too

jbl was more racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

loving hell i hate road dogg

• Locked thread