Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
maybe put some portholes on it so our guys can shoot back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

honda whisperer posted:

Russian anti tank dogs

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tank_dog

They trained dogs to run up to tanks with explosives on them in WWII. The Russians trained the dogs on Russian tanks. You won't believe what happens next.

Some of the primary source stuff we have from the Eastern Front has some pretty sick gallows humor about this. Like after Stalingrad, Red Army guys distributed fake "instructional pamphlets" that parodied the obtuse bullshit they got from High Command. They said things like:

"We are about to enter German territory, so among other things, there is no longer any need to shoot every dog you see. German dogs do not explode. This is normal and to be expected."

The Germany Army had similarly black humor, having recently been punched in the dick at Stalingrad.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Back to goose chat

https://twitter.com/house_house_/status/915460576872038405

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
Now kiss.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

I am interested

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That whole dump is amazing, if you got it from the one recently on imgur.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I hope that's not from the guy that stages dead bug pics because it goes from amazing to creepy.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Don't gently caress with E Lois

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

nerdz posted:

I hope that's not from the guy that stages dead bug pics because it goes from amazing to creepy.

Share that poo poo.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

slothrop posted:

I appreciate this reference.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*5 seconds later* We regret to inform you the goose is not racist

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

I was reading in TFR about people going hiking with goats as pack animals and since the big dog (robot thing) was supposed to lug around a bunch of equipment for troops and poo poo, why don't they just get a pack of goats to do it.
1. Goats are notoriously bad at tactical espionage action
2. At some point, someone would get drunk or high or cave to peer pressure and gently caress the goat, then PETA would get on their rear end and nobody wants to deal with that poo poo
3. Goats do not require a multi billion R & D contract that goes to an engineering firm in a swing state

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

How does he get off?

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
He just sort of tugs on it like everybody else. Not sure why you think he'd be different :confused:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

slothrop posted:

The next generation of Boston Robotics robot dog will be called the Barkley?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Comptroll The Forums posted:

He just sort of tugs on it like everybody else. Not sure why you think he'd be different :confused:

:golfclap:

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
https://twitter.com/simonbrodkin/status/915538904211709952
It's a form you fill out when your employment is terminated

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

[quote="“RareAcumen”" post="“477048495”"]

[/quote]

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Senate Equifax hearings:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Splendid posted:

https://twitter.com/simonbrodkin/status/915538904211709952
It's a form you fill out when your employment is terminated

That entire speech was a complete and utter shambles.

The letters started falling off the sign behind her at the end.

I probably wouldn't vote for either the Conservatives or Labour if I could but at least the latter seem to have developed a modicum of competence in the past year or so.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Phanatic posted:

Senate Equifax hearings:

Better as a gif.

https://twitter.com/tamizdatum/status/915623346922037248

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

https://twitter.com/matsonhunter/status/775811756891353088

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The trick is to spray the dog with a resin coating to contain any explosion.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Rolo posted:

Share that poo poo.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/compound-eye/a-fake-makes-it-to-the-smithsonians-photo-contest-finalists/

Dude tried to pass these off as "natural moments" on photography contests when he actually staged the pics and made the ants bite the things. They're also possibly dead and glued on to the surfaces. The bee photo was obviously rotated.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

That entire speech was a complete and utter shambles.

The letters started falling off the sign behind her at the end.

I probably wouldn't vote for either the Conservatives or Labour if I could but at least the latter seem to have developed a modicum of competence in the past year or so.

Wait, did that actually happen? I thought that was just somebody with some video editing software having a laugh. :psyduck:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Perestroika posted:

Wait, did that actually happen? I thought that was just somebody with some video editing software having a laugh. :psyduck:

Oh, it happened alright.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

The schadenfreude is on all of us not part of the club:

quote:

Smith, who stepped down last week to a $90 million retirement package

Edit: I thought I was is another thread.

GhostDog has a new favorite as of 22:37 on Oct 4, 2017

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LargeHadron posted:

How does he get off?

By telling everyone about his double bike

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

OK, I'll bite. Why is his helmet like that?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CzarChasm posted:

OK, I'll bite. Why is his helmet like that?

He has no taste or ability to size a helmet properly

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would kill myself on a motorcycle, so I'm not sure, but aren't helmets supposed to be sized for safety reasons?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Randaconda posted:

I would kill myself on a motorcycle, so I'm not sure, but aren't helmets supposed to be sized for safety reasons?

The lack of gloves and the flappy chin strap suggests he values style over safety.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

spog posted:

The lack of gloves and the flappy chin strap suggests he values style over safety.

That and his sleeves rolled up, which is a great way to get your forearms degloved.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Phanatic posted:

Senate Equifax hearings:

I know we're supposed to be looking at Rich Uncle Pennybags in the back there, but I'm more focused on why the Equifax guy is so shiny. :stonk:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Phanatic posted:

Senate Equifax hearings:

what does it say about our system that when i first saw this pic i didn't think anything of the monopoly guy?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Lord Hydronium posted:

I know we're supposed to be looking at Rich Uncle Pennybags in the back there, but I'm more focused on why the Equifax guy is so shiny. :stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4MjXFV3q_I&t=29s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

When I was reading up on the dogs used as tank mines I found this...

According to Pr. Shi Bo, in "Trente-six Stratagèmes Chinois" (in French, ISBN 2-911858-06-9), monkeys were used in the beginning of the Southern Song Dynasty, in a battle between rebels of the Yanzhou (Yasuo) province and the Chinese Imperial Army, led by Zhao Yu. The monkeys were used as live incendiary devices. The animals were clothed with straw, dipped in oil and set on fire. They were set loose into the enemy's camp, thereby setting the tents on fire, and driving the whole camp into chaos.

I know it should not be funny but the thought of dressing up the monkeys in little straw outfits before lighting them on fire is just too much.