Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ein cooler Typ posted:

dude do you know how TV shows are produced? every episode was made months ago. they don't make TV shows on a week-by-week basis

I assume this is a joke post but if not: south park is not a normal tv show, the production has a famously fast turn around time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

Ein cooler Typ posted:

dude do you know how TV shows are produced? every episode was made months ago. they don't make TV shows on a week-by-week basis

Have you even watched South Park?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ein cooler Typ posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6_Days_to_Air

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I guess you don't know how South Park is produced. lol.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Look at this list of the original Twilight Zone episodes:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Twilight_Zone_(1959_TV_series)_episodes

36 episodes a season, and every week meant EVERY GODDAMN WEEK. Christmas, New Year's Day, what the gently caress ever. Of course it basically killed everyone involved, but details details.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You think that's bad, the Koreans work themselves to death for entertainment. I think Running Man gets about 50 episodes a year alongside the casts other TV shows, bands etc. I honestly don't understand how they do it.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

You think that's bad, the Koreans work themselves to death for entertainment. I think Running Man gets about 50 episodes a year alongside the casts other TV shows, bands etc. I honestly don't understand how they do it.

Asian work ethics is terrible, it's generally heavily skewed toward employees putting the needs of the company before their own needs or the needs of friend and family. It's fairly common in Japan and South Korea for people to literal work themselves to death doing basic office jobs. Asian company executives, especialy Japanese one, are renowned for black-listing employees they dislike, which basically means they're unemployable until the executive says otherwise.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Oct 4, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Back Hack posted:

Asian work ethics is terrible, it's generally heavily skewed toward employees putting the needs of the company before their own needs or the needs of friend and family. It's fairly common in Japan and South Korea for people to literal work themselves to death doing basic office jobs. Asian company executives, especialy Japanese one, are renowned for black-listing employees they dislike, which basically means they're unemployable until the executive says otherwise.

I live in Taiwan: there's a common understanding here in local/traditional companies that workers don't leave until the boss leaves. So most employees are at work from 8am the start of the day until after 10pm in some cases depending on when the boss chooses to roll in and then subsequently leave. A friend of a friend came over from Europe as the lead coder for one of the major brands here, I think it was Abit, anyway he was used to making his own hours so he said on Monday he came in at 1pm and stayed in his office till around 4am(because he's one of those creative types that just dives into their work and only pops their head out when they run out of coffee), he said at 2am he went out and found that everyone who was in the office at 1pm was still there. He thought that was a little strange but whatever. Slowly he said throughout the week people started figuring out that he didn't give a gently caress and by the end of the week everyone was gone by 6pm having arrived at 8am.

Theoretically, you should be able to get more work out of your employees but most people here spend their day browsing Facebook or playing mobile games waiting for something to do because there's generally more people than work. Of course no matter how many reports and studies you should them suggesting that people that work less tend to have more energy and produce higher quality work; well that's irrelevant because those are probably Western studies and thus not applicable to Asian work environments.

You're also expected to be available at any time should the boss call you.
I was dating a girl who got a call from her boss at 9pm on a Friday night in the middle of a typhoon, who demanded that she Skype one of her clients because the boss 'had a bad feeling'. She couldn't get a hold of him and at 10pm called her boss back and told him she couldn't get in contact and her boss demanded she keep trying. Around 10:30 with the wind pounding on our windows, she finally got a hold of him and the dude was super pissed that she was interrupting his Friday at home with his family to make sure he was happy with their service. Of course when she called her boss back, the guy was angry she'd upset her client. Her job was selling probiotics.

Needless to say that most foreigners I know here can't handle it at a local company for more than a few months.

To bring this back to South Park; the episode where Mr.Kim hired child labor to work at City Wok was a lot funnier having lived in Asian where child labor is basically expected of family members.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea, I don't get it either. If you get to the point where you don't like Randy episodes, maybe you somehow lost your South park spirit?

Randy Marsh Adventures have always been hit or miss for me because it comes down to whether or not his indulgence is entertaining (Medicinal Fried Chicken) or grating (More Crap).

Randy's making out with the Native American to try and get his DNA in his mouth so he could be part Native was good, but the rest of it was kind of a miss.

Sir Lemming posted:

Y'all do know there's been plenty of recent controversy over Columbus, right? It's nothing entirely new (there are places that have been calling it "Indigenous Peoples Day" for a while now), but it's picking up steam with the whole Confederate statue thing.

I'm waiting for people to protest cities named Columbus.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

More Crap is fantastic. If only for the quick scene of Bono running through a village of starving africans going "YEAH YEAH YEAAAH"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJXqnYCWW7Y

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
I know it's usually on people's worst episode lists but I love A Million Little Fibers. Cause every time Oprah's vagina talks, I lose my mind.

Oprah's vagina is funny, get over it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

vermin posted:

I know it's usually on people's worst episode lists but I love A Million Little Fibers. Cause every time Oprah's vagina talks, I lose my mind.

Oprah's vagina is funny, get over it

The troll about episodes being made months ago was better. Try harder next time.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The annoying thing is Matt and Trey don't take the extra week to refine the next episode or brainstorm or anything. They just... don't work, so they can churn out the next one entirely next week.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

The annoying thing is Matt and Trey don't take the extra week to refine the next episode or brainstorm or anything. They just... don't work, so they can churn out the next one entirely next week.

They've tried that countless times and more often than not the episodes they spend more time on turn out to be if not the least popular ones, then ones they themselves dislike. Pretty much all the fan-favorites are ones they manage to just barely finish.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Stare-Out posted:

More Crap is fantastic. If only for the quick scene of Bono running through a village of starving africans going "YEAH YEAH YEAAAH"

Plus the part where Guiness receives a phone call about someone claiming to have the biggest crap, after which they get another call from Randy and the gang claiming the same thing.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
More Crap is awesome, Medicinal Fried Chicken is grating. Randy is best, though, when he's not the focus. Best Randy episode is The Losing Edge.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Actually, they have writers retreats prior to the season where they brainstorm ideas. But some of the best episodes are purportedly the ones they pulled out of a hat at the last minute.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Anyone busy on Saturday?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

It's confirmation bias. They make more poo poo doing the episodes this way than ever before. And there were more great episodes made in the past than after the switch to the one and done. Really, the main problem was going almost entirely topical.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
As I said; ongoing storylines and continuity are one thing, highly topical episodes are another. But both at once, based on ongoing real life events they have no control over, were a recipe for disaster.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Inescapable Duck posted:

As I said; ongoing storylines and continuity are one thing, highly topical episodes are another. But both at once, based on ongoing real life events they have no control over, were a recipe for disaster.

Yep. And if they wanted an ongoing storyline, they needed to write that over months rather than week to week.

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Waltzing Along posted:

Yep. And if they wanted an ongoing storyline, they needed to write that over months rather than week to week.

Which, of course, means they shouldn't have tackled the campaigns and election except as one-ep stories, as they did in previous election years.

WillieWestwood fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Oct 6, 2017

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Stare-Out posted:

Also, if you don’t go “hothothothot hot” like Randy when taking a big poo poo... then what are you even doing?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SunshineDanceParty posted:

^^Yeah he's got it.

Most Confederate statues were erected well after the Civil War in an effort to intimidate African American communities and celebrate segregation laws.

My high school was named Lee-Davis just for this reason. Our mascot was the loving confederates for christ's sake.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
And this week...

South Park Studios posted:

FACEBOOK IS THE ULTIMATE WEAPON FOR PROFESSOR CHAOS
IN AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF SOUTH PARK PREMIERING
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 11 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

--------
All-New Season 21 Episodes will be Available to Stream in HD
Exclusively on SouthPark.cc.com and Hulu
--------

NEW YORK, October 9, 2017 – The head of Facebook comes to South Park in an all-new episode titled "Franchise Prequel" on Wednesday, October 11 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

Professor Chaos has found the perfect tool to spread lies and misinformation about Coon and Friends.  In trying to save their reputation, the boys come face to face with Mark Zuckerberg.

All-new episodes from this season will be available to stream in HD exclusively on South Park Studios and Hulu the day after they premiere. Fans will continue to have next-day access to new episodes, as well as the entire “South Park” library, across all internet-connected devices with a Hulu subscription. New episodes and a selection of curated episodes will be available to stream on SouthPark.cc.com, cc.com and the Comedy Central App.
Comedy Central's "South Park" launched on August 13, 1997. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at Midnight (all times ET/PT). “South Park” season 20 will begin rolling out on Comedy Central channels internationally in October.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of “South Park.” Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning "South Park." Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. Chris Brion is the Creative Director of South Park Digital Studios. "South Park's" Web site is SouthPark.cc.com.

The uncensored episodes are also available for download on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, XBOX Live, Google Play, Sony Entertainment Network, Vudu and Verizon Flexview.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That sounds great. It feels like it's been ages since a Butters episode.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Also, a quick reminder that the new video game, "The Fractured But Whole" lands next week.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yes and it seems pretty clear this episode will be a lead up to the game release if they are bringing back the super heroes!

Also lol if you don't refer to it as the fractured butthole.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Preview Clip: "Spreading Chaos"

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yes and it seems pretty clear this episode will be a lead up to the game release if they are bringing back the super heroes!
Ohhhhhhhhh haha I just got the episode title. This episode is literally a prequel to the game, yeah.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yay for the Fractured But Whole tie-in.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

An episode about companies that profit off posting blatantly fake content and clickbait?

Go on.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

hahaha that dub

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

i'm confused

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This episode was going fine until Heidi showed up.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

How long before Heidi joins Coon and Friends as the token girl?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Am I missing something about the way Zuckerberg is talking? I mean, I get the kung fu ADR gag, but is that specific to Zuckerberg somehow?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"It's the 21st century. There's nothing illegal about what I'm doing."

And that's the sad truth.

Also, I wondered what the payoff on robo samurai Zuckerberg was going to be.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

swickles posted:

Am I missing something about the way Zuckerberg is talking? I mean, I get the kung fu ADR gag, but is that specific to Zuckerberg somehow?

Yeah I need help with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Are Zuckerberg and his SHYTLE going to be in the game?

e- And does this spat tie into the plot of The Fractured But Whole?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Oct 12, 2017

• Locked thread