Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

Tony La Russa is employed by the Diamondbacks, case closed

Yeah I didn't even think this was up for discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

YeahTubaMike posted:

As an NL gal, I feel weird that I don't care even half as much about the NL Wild Card as I did about the AL Wild Card. I've pretty much fine with either team winning, and I have no reason to hate/like one more than the other. Maybe Nolan Arenado?

I'm pulling a little more for Colorado. Mainly because they've never won the WS before and I still feel bad about how they were on fire at the end of 2007 before they fizzled and died right at the World Series.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I totally forgot that TLR survived the recent Dbacks FO purge.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I wonder if Marlins Man will be there.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Your Taint posted:

I wonder if Marlins Man will be there.

Front and center checking his twitter.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Definitely go Rockies, but if they lose, go Dodgers. As far as the other end of the NL I don't know. I have no problem with the Cubs but I like Adam Lind and am happy for him to be in the playoffs so either side would be OK.

Honestly (as a guy who primarily watches AL) there aren't a lot of villains in the NL playoffs this year.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Go Rockies because I don't want to look at the D-Backs' uniforms anymore. Also because 'D-Backs' is dumb as heck.

I assume the D-Backs have another, secret alternate jersey design they will unveil if they make it to the NLDS.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
im rooting for the d-bags cause its funny that you can call them the d-bags

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Rocktoberfest :cheers:

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

bump_fn posted:

im rooting for the d-bags cause its funny that you can call them the d-bags

This is so powerful i actually cannot see D-backs, my mind always makes it d-bags.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I am hype for rocktober to last exactly 4 games

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I'm cheering for the Rockies because of the potential hot takes regarding a series upset involving Coors field

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Go whichever team promises to kick the Dodgers's rear end.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Go whichever team promises to kick the Dodgers's rear end.

The Brewers promise to.

Next season.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
The Shohei Ohtani sweepstakes is gonna own so much. I just read an article that said he could sign with the Jays because Toronto and the town he lives in are both at 43° latitude.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Explosionface posted:

I'm pulling a little more for Colorado. Mainly because they've never won the WS before and I still feel bad about how they were on fire at the end of 2007 before they fizzled and died right at the World Series.

Matt Holliday still hasn't touched home plate.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

howe_sam posted:

Matt Holliday still hasn't touched home plate.

Somehow having him touch home plate to beat the Rockies is the only acceptable reason to root for the Yankees.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Chexoid posted:

The Shohei Ohtani sweepstakes is gonna own so much. I just read an article that said he could sign with the Jays because Toronto and the town he lives in are both at 43° latitude.

lol

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i do not want to face the diamondbacks at all, but greinke, goldschmidt, jd, archie, ray, aj, and lamb all own and i want them to win at some point

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How worried should an Indians fan be about the Yankees? They seme like they struggle with consistency but that pitching staff seems solid. Also, the guy who hits baseballs like his bat of choice is Mjolnir.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How worried should an Indians fan be about the Yankees? They seme like they struggle with consistency but that pitching staff seems solid. Also, the guy who hits baseballs like his bat of choice is Mjolnir.

It's baseball so literally anything can happen. Cleveland is obviously the better team but the Yankees hit home runs and have an amazing bullpen, both are things hat can quickly turn series. I'd put the odds at like 70/30 in favor of the Indians.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

you should be terrified because postseason baseball is chaos and no team is safe

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I would not put any remaining series this month at 70/30, that is too extreme

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bawfuls posted:

you should be terrified because postseason baseball is chaos and no team is safe

Well if a Dodger fan says it, I'm taking it seriously. Y'all seem like the lords of the realm when it comes to snakebitten teams.

If the Tribe DO lose, I want Astros vs Rockies.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Well if a Dodger fan says it, I'm taking it seriously. Y'all seem like the lords of the realm when it comes to snakebitten teams.

If the Tribe DO lose, I want Astros vs Rockies.
Any fan who's seen enough postseason baseball will tell you the same. The only one's who won't are like a 9 year old Paul Zuvella and maybe some young Giants fans.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I'm a Nats fan. It would be cool if we won a series but of course Scherzer tweaks his hammy and probably won't pitch until game 3 now so fml

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Ungratek posted:

I'm a Nats fan. It would be cool if we won a series but of course Scherzer tweaks his hammy and probably won't pitch until game 3 now so fml

I hope he pitches game 4, if only so that it can be Arrieta vs Scherzer in the battle of the bad hamstrings

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh poo poo i just remembered Playoff Daniel Murphy

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I think it is funny that a team with so many recent Mariner busts is advancing in the playoffs.

T___A
Jan 18, 2014

Nothing would go right until we had a dictator, and the sooner the better.

Popete posted:

Wait why is the D-Backs mascot a cat?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

These playoffs suck so far

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

R.D. Mangles posted:

oh poo poo i just remembered Playoff Daniel Murphy

Daniel Murphy has been stuck in playoff mode for like the last 1000 PAs

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Accident Underwater posted:

Daniel Murphy has been stuck in playoff mode for like the last 1000 PAs

I don't approve of Daniel Murphy's playoff lifestyle

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm happy for the Diamondbacks. Goldschmidt deserves a chance for a little more national attention and they have a weird roster cobbled together from acquiring way too much pitching (I think they entered 2015 spring training with 20 candidates for the rotation, iirc) and tons of guys that better teams didn't think they would need but were not expected to be stars. Also, David Peralta, who washed out of baseball as a pitcher and had to reinvent himself as a hitter and come back via independent teams.

Their owners are assholes and they've had some of the worst GMs in recent MLB memory but they have a lot of pretty good players who deserve better.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

IcePhoenix posted:

I wanted #Rocktober but that game was a pretty fun watch.

The ALWC was, obviously, the best thing that could have happened.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

IcePhoenix posted:

:same:

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I don't approve of Daniel Murphy's playoff lifestyle

If that deviant would just make different life choices...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Joba Chamberlain has officially retired on the 10 year anniversary of the midge game

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Intruder posted:

Joba Chamberlain has officially retired on the 10 year anniversary of the midge game

I'll never forget when he almost ended his career by nearly breaking his ankle literally off on a trampoline.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/yankees/status/915951257952690176

I love the pettiness of the official Yankees twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

https://twitter.com/yankees/status/915951257952690176

I love the pettiness of the official Yankees twitter

Judging by the hairline I'm gonna assume that photo is from the 09 World Series.

• Locked thread