Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

The level of pre-planned macro in that game was insane, I haven't seen a champion select that well designed for a rush since that infamous smite heimer game. Nocturne is the perfect choice for a powerlevelled jungler, Galio has level 1 waveclear and tanks well with no items or levels, and trist/lulu is the perfect choice for a lane to push a tower hard enough to not be completely stymied by the damage reduction. Masterclass in an aggressive gameplan.
you do realise that all fnatic had to do was not try to 5-man dive bot and they would have been up by 1k at 5 minutes right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

In the year of our Lord 2017, patriots of Vietnam, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields of Summoner's Rift. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like GIGABYTE Marines. And won their group.

Jaragoh
Nov 27, 2004

Well, it was a good 9 minutes from C9...

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Congrats for lasting 9 whole minutes C9

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
And after an exciting game from GAM it switches to a boring-rear end game where C9 plays mediocre.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Gam is the best team of all time

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
where’s deft who tf is this noob

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Bramblevest Corki, Timelord Genja strikes again!!

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Killed By Death posted:

Bramblevest Corki, Timelord Genja strikes again!!

I just noticed he brought cleanse too.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
kog wardens mail...

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the ol' triple randuin's build

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

watching these past few games, the only thing I can wonder is this: How do any of these teams beat Levi, my husband, and his boys, the GIGABYTE Marines?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

iBoy flashes right next to cho'gath and just goes HAM

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Baffled that Westdoor is starting for a World Championship attending team in 2017

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
iBoy has the wrong skin to be playing Tank'maw.

Killed By Death posted:

Baffled that Westdoor is starting for a World Championship attending team in 2017

But his pocket Fizz/TF is sooooooooooooo good.*

*Offer not valid outside of LMS.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
lol at this game

SKT aren't going to lose a game in group A...

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the loving tiny kog'maw running like a maniac after this gigantic cho

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
giving your life at 45 minutes for the 50/50 to get baron is a pretty dumb decision

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Vermain posted:

the loving tiny kog'maw running like a maniac after this gigantic cho

and blowing flash to sidestep a rupture from a team in full retreat

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Lategame Kog with Ardent Lulu is just absolutely disgusting.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

what a silly end to the game

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
EDG looks awful

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
lol Taiwan beating China and the crowd is silent, yikes that's awkward

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Firebert posted:

EDG looks awful

Welcome to Worlds.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Teikanmi posted:

And Taiwan #1 spam in Twitch chat as expected.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Firebert posted:

EDG looks awful

i never could have foreseen this

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
What a shock, EDG choked. Who could have guessed that they'd underperform at worlds?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Lovechop posted:

i never could have foreseen this

I had pretty low expectations and was still shocked

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Teikanmi posted:

both teams are chinese though???

oh nevermind that was somewhere else I saw that. no need to do the "taiwan has always been a part of china" joke in this thread but i had thought I saw on some Riot literature tawain referred to as Taiwan Province, China

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Tried to load up the FNC vs GAM VOD and was disappointed when it brought up LZ vs IMT instead :riot:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

both teams are chinese though???

oh nevermind that was somewhere else I saw that. no need to do the "taiwan has always been a part of china" joke in this thread but i had thought I saw on some Riot literature tawain referred to as Taiwan Province, China

I mean...that's been the whole deal? China hasn't recognized Taiwanese independence for like 60 years and it's not like Riot games (owned by Chinese media conglomerate Tencent) is going to ruffle any feathers.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah but come on

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

No real big surprises coming out of today's games, but I was pleased with how well IMT played into LZ. Unfortunately, loving up your macro even once against LZ gives them such a massive tempo advantage, though even that was nearly salvaged thanks to some pretty brilliant Ryze play by Young Pob. Still feels like Cody Sun isn't used to playing against someone absurdly aggressive like Khan who will Flash -> R the instant he smells a good opportunity and has his team backing him.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Posting from way behind but I've watched the first two games at work this morning (FEN vs RNG, G2 vs SSG). RNG are trash and SSG will be in the finals again. What a clean ending that was.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Omnikin posted:

Posting from way behind but I've watched the first two games at work this morning (FEN vs RNG, G2 vs SSG). RNG are trash and SSG will be in the finals again. What a clean ending that was.

I'm telling you, man, Lord Ambition wants revenge.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Omnikin posted:

agreed, looking forward to a 5 game match between SSG and GAM in the finals

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm still flabbergasted over how good GAM's strategy was. There's playing your style, and then there's laneswapping in 2017, Heal/Ignite Lulu, and getting your Nocturne to level 6 by 5 minutes. GAM got sloppy in places, but it felt like, 9 times out of 10, one of their members getting caught and killed resulted in them getting an objective somewhere else. It's like FNC just forgot Noway existed until he hit lategame status and 1v5ed.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Proud to say I didn't watch any of these middle of the night best of ones.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Proud to say I didn't watch any of these middle of the night best of ones.

You should watch FNC vs. GAM, as it features a weird strategy, some great play by Levi, and Soaz getting his first CS at 6:30 into the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Chris de Sperg posted:

you do realise that all fnatic had to do was not try to 5-man dive bot and they would have been up by 1k at 5 minutes right