Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Davincie posted:

give

mazdamundi

jiggle

already there on ludicrously high graphical settings
every step from zlaaq sets him shaking like a bowl full of jelly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I wish I didn't need the northern coast of the Southlands as a staging ground and that Khemri was less of a honeypot because wading through all these vampires is a huge pain in the rear end in Kroq's campaign. Tomb Kings can't come soon enough.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Sexy Elves mod, but it sticks all the guys in Witch Elf attire. Including Malekith.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Ze Pollack posted:

all will be forgiven once someone attaches huge, jiggling knockers to a kroxigor

They just did that for rick & morty.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I tried out my slave vanguard idea for sieging tough cities and it works. Send the slaves in siege towers and have them tie up Defenders on walls while your better reinforcements come in and mop up. All the while having plagueclaw catapults soften up Defenders.

It's a little tedious since you have so many units crammed in such a tight space but in general 2,000 trash Rats are pretty decent at draining enemy ammo and vigor so that when you follow up with Plague monks, Slingers, and stormvermin they don't put up much of a fight. Stacking up morale debuffs from your artillery and special units also goes a long way toward triggering a mass rout.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Very hard unit upkeep is pretty harsh, it almost eats up a full stack with 3 armies. Would be so much easier to expand with just one more. I had 2 stacks defend off the dark elf attacks from the north and was able to raze alot of their towns but they kept coming. Mazdamundi kept the peace in the south are fought off so many chaos ritual invasions to the south. Stegadon with their crazy range and lord killing power are so sweet.

On my dark elf campaign the upkeep was like 30k with 6 units. Was doable because the cult of pleasure fought a half of the map.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 5, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I feel like the income you receive from sacking settlements and defeating armies was increased to compensate for the increase in upkeep cost? Its just how I feel though, haven't actually compared anything real.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
Is there a world map somewhere with all the trade resources on it? My google-fu was not up to the task.
I'd settle for just Lustria.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The workshop is up and running now, for all your mod needs.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

DeathSandwich posted:

Has anyone else hit a but wherein an AI army that has a Ruby Ring of Ruin will apparently start making GBS threads out rapid fire fireballs nonstop for the better part of the first 5 minutes of a battle? I had a battle as lizardmen vs a high elf w/ the ruby ring and the second my terradons got in range it was like he was a magical fire AA gun.

No, but I really want to see it.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Gonkish posted:

The workshop is up and running now, for all your mod needs.

Is there a mod that switches armor around?
I would like the lizardmen to wear heavy elven armor.

...and the elves to wear just bodypaint.

Edit: There is a bug with the Ruby Ring of Ruin. Its cooldown only triggers if the caster is moving while using the ring. If you stand still you can spam-cast fireballs like a machinegun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_UJpcQ_zkE

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 5, 2017

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

RBA-Wintrow posted:

Is there a mod that switches armor around?
I would like the lizardmen to wear heavy elven armor.

...and the elves to wear just bodypaint.

Someone has a burn victim fetish. :getin:

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Knobb Manwich posted:

No, but I really want to see it.

Ask and we shall deliver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_UJpcQ_zkE

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

it's so beautiful

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I have at least one of these, I'm going to equip it next time I fight a huge Skaven army just for the hilarity. Put it on Tyrion and see if I can have him get over 1000 kills :P

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

this makes my heart happy

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Projectiles are very easy to attach to new weapons so you could make a unit of say, goblin archers fire other goblins at things.

Also it's a shame that units have to be attached to lords so strictly or adding naval units doesn't seem like it would be very hard. Most of the basic stuff is there, but the rules keeping them on the ocean would probably be a lot of work because you'd have to make some kind of black ark style lord to spawn them with every time. Gonna look into it and see if there's any way to sneak something in.

Also, strangely enough, you know how settlement looks don't change by faction anymore when you take them over? It seems they forced them to stay the same type forever in a specific table. I could probably fix that but I wonder why they did it in the first place. It's a lot more work to make entries for every faction.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 5, 2017

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

:cryingrat:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Mazz posted:

Projectiles are very easy to attach to new weapons so you could make a unit of say, goblin archers fire other goblins at things.

genjor

please

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Holy poo poo, that is pretty much how every battle in Shadow of the Horned Rat went.

When are they adding Morgan Bernhardt?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
There's something like 1200-1300 rows of data now for major named cities, even though there are only like 15 of them because each faction in the game needs its own entry at each tier of settlement since you can settle anywhere now. I pity whoever decides they need to mess with those.

On the plus side all of the TW1 factions are fully represented in the majority of things I've looked at, so the new campaign probably isn't that far off.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Mazz posted:

Also it's a shame that units have to be attached to lords so strictly or adding naval units doesn't seem like it would be very hard. Most of the basic stuff is there, but the rules keeping them on the ocean would probably be a lot of work because you'd have to make some kind of black ark style lord to spawn them with every time. Gonna look into it and see if there's any way to sneak something in.

Would seem that the best method would be to take the Black Arks themselves as the basis. A flagship, if you will.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Mazz posted:

This reminds me that the tutorial for Myth II's editor was making it so that your archers shot flaming, exploding chicken.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Blinks77 posted:

Would seem that the best method would be to take the Black Arks themselves as the basis. A flagship, if you will.

Yeah but the problem is the black arks are summoned by a ritual AFAIK and they spawn a weird generic lord tied to the water. It will be a journey to figure out how to mimic that for other factions in a way that makes sense and also works within the UI. I'm going to work on the t4 settlement mod first and then maybe look into all that later. I get the feeling I'm going to get the basic functionality in but will miss something really crucial to making everything work correctly, as that's exactly what happened with my outposts for everyone mod (this was done before WElves or Norsca, I could probably finish it now if I felt like it). Ports especially tend to be very finicky to work with.

I may also look at some kind of outpost options for the regions your faction doesn't do well in, so you can paint the map without the huge maluses, but it will probably be more effort than its worth since the existing settlement superchains still work there and the old system had separate chains for human and dwarf settlements.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 5, 2017

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

mod idea: unlimited traits. right now it sucks if you defeat a legendary lord and don't get their treat cause you've already filled your max with less cool ones

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
There's a max number of traits?

Is there a list somewhere of all the traits

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Mazz posted:

Also, strangely enough, you know how settlement looks don't change by faction anymore when you take them over? It seems they forced them to stay the same type forever in a specific table. I could probably fix that but I wonder why they did it in the first place. It's a lot more work to make entries for every faction.

Thematic reasons, I guess. Lizardmen don't take well to living in the frozen wastes of Naggaroth, so they just put up their flags and keep a garrison to make the Dark Elves help with the Great Purpose at clubpoint. Dark Elves don't alter the architecture of Ulthuan too much when conquering because they see themselves as reclaiming their birthright, etc.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

There's a max number of traits?

Is there a list somewhere of all the traits

15 i think

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

William Bear posted:

Thematic reasons, I guess. Lizardmen don't take well to living in the frozen wastes of Naggaroth, so they just put up their flags and keep a garrison to make the Dark Elves help with the Great Purpose at clubpoint. Dark Elves don't alter the architecture of Ulthuan too much when conquering because they see themselves as reclaiming their birthright, etc.

It's funny playing as Kroq and having your lizards live in spooky haunted mansions in the middle of the desert from killing the Necrarchs and Strygos.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
Perhaps make naval combat like normal combat.

Have maps for battles at sea for armies to walk on. Put some boats on either side, themed by faction.

A magic-created sheet of ice, covered in water shallow enough to walk on. Skinks with their "aquatic" trait would shine here.

A tiny island, really more of a rocky slope. Whoever controls the high ground has an advantage.

A literal iceberg, with high ground.

A forest covered tropical island or a sandbank.

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 5, 2017

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Yeah the 100% forest maps are the best :rollseyes:

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
Changing the rules of combat for boats probably isn't possible, and/or will take a comical amount of work. What I'm talking about is more just adding Rome 1 style boats to sway the auto-calc a bit. Even that might be beyond what's possible since there isn't much to build on besides some existing boats in naval_units they clearly never finished implementing. The black ark is basically the only basis we have for a working ship, and that's actually just a weird horde army with special rules.

I mean someone could theoretically make custom maps like you stated, but implementing them for naval battles is a pretty big stretch from whats there now. I've never touched any of that though so I'm not the best person to ask.

Also you may want to use timg tags so those 4 pictures don't eat up 1/2 of a page.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 5, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I am bummed that Black Arcs don't get a special battle.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
They need to add a naval combat dlc with sith some rammed together boat maps.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I just wish they had the Man o War license too, so we could get end all be all Warhammer Fantasy setting game

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Mazz posted:

Changing the rules of combat for boats probably isn't possible, and/or will take a comical amount of work. What I'm talking about is more just adding Rome 1 style boats to sway the auto-calc a bit. Even that might be beyond what's possible since there isn't much to build on besides some existing boats in naval_units they clearly never finished implementing. The black ark is basically the only basis we have for a working ship, and that's actually just a weird horde army with special rules.

I mean someone could theoretically make custom maps like you stated, but implementing them for naval battles is a pretty big stretch from whats there now. I've never touched any of that though so I'm not the best person to ask.

You might be able to get those Rome-style autoresolve ships in there without even having to make them actual naval units. Keep fleets as a Black-Ark style water-only horde. Add in ships just like you would a regular land-borne unit, with relatively high stats to give them a chunky autoresolve power. Then make those units only buildable by a unique building that can be built only on those waterborne fleets/hordes. That might just sidestep the whole "naval" issue by just making a bunch of regular units that by their circumstances just happen to never be in a position to go on land. The main issue I can see is making sure the player can't swap units between those fleets and regular armies.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

What's that Lizardman epilogue about N'Kari coming all about then?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

Perestroika posted:

You might be able to get those Rome-style autoresolve ships in there without even having to make them actual naval units. Keep fleets as a Black-Ark style water-only horde. Add in ships just like you would a regular land-borne unit, with relatively high stats to give them a chunky autoresolve power. Then make those units only buildable by a unique building that can be built only on those waterborne fleets/hordes. That might just sidestep the whole "naval" issue by just making a bunch of regular units that by their circumstances just happen to never be in a position to go on land. The main issue I can see is making sure the player can't swap units between those fleets and regular armies.

Yeah it's the weird outlier poo poo that presents the problems since it tends to just crash the game. My outposts for example worked everywhere but port cities because you cannot remove the port building from those tiles, and without it setup properly even mousing over the tooltip could crash the game. I won't make a mod that crashes the game under specific but common circumstances, and chasing down those outliers tends to eat up so much time you just stop caring.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

They need to add a naval combat dlc with sith some rammed together boat maps.

This is probably something on their radar given how naval stuff is a pretty big part of the new game and will continue to be on the big map. They probably will do admirals and auto-calc warships if nothing else. They already have half the work done in the files.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 5, 2017

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I really missed the global recruitment buff mod, God bless your soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Expanding naval warfare by adding naval units is a bad idea in my view because it'd likely make things worse. It'll lead to AI factions in safe places ploughing all their income into making the seas a hell while the player is stuck having to balance land army expenditure and naval expenditure.

It's probably more reasonable to tweak naval autoresolve a bit imo.