Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I got a bottle of 47 monkeys for my birthday and it makes the best gin and tonic. That stuff is so medicinal it probably cures cancer. Also I've said it before and I'll say it again: put vermouth in your martinis. If you want to drink straight gin that's fine just stop pretending it's a martini.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I'm sad for all of you that have to buy that rubbery garbage they call "tortillas" in grocery stores.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

I'm sad for all of you that have to buy that rubbery garbage they call "tortillas" in grocery stores.

continue preaching pastor.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

rodbeard posted:

I got a bottle of 47 monkeys for my birthday and it makes the best gin and tonic. That stuff is so medicinal it probably cures cancer. Also I've said it before and I'll say it again: put vermouth in your martinis. If you want to drink straight gin that's fine just stop pretending it's a martini.

That poo poo is unbelievably delicious. I love the bottle, too.

Speaking (we weren't) of the last few pages, my friend just posted this on Facebook:

What thinkesty'all, Tiny Shrimpists? I so, so would.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
would try, most likely would not like.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

sneakyfrog posted:

would try, most likely would not like.

:yossame: I figure I'd get the same taste out of chewing on a bag of lawn clippings.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

darthbob88 posted:

I have never been entirely able to tell the difference between good whiskey and good turpentine, and while we're on the subject, gin tastes like drinking a Christmas tree, and I don't like beers more bitter than I am. But I do like good rum, vodka, and cheap wine.

The Rum Is Good.

Zipperelli. posted:

Food/lifehack.

Why do you put it back into the pan? You're eating it not looking at it, it goes pan, colander, plate?

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 01:21 on Oct 6, 2017

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

The Rum Is Good.

Why do you put it back into the pan? You're eating it not looking at it, it goes pan, colander, plate?

because they're not goony enough to eat unsauced pasta

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You put the sauce on top of the pasta though? Pasta goes on plate, sauce goes on top.

Also pasta does actually taste nice though I appear to be alone in this belief among my peers. Everyone else acts like it's disgusting which makes me wonder why they eat it with sauce on it instead of something else entirely.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
It's not feasible in every recipe, but usually the best thing to do with pasta is move it straight from the water into the sauce, bringing along some of the starchy pasta water with it, then finish cooking the noodles in the sauce.

I mean, sauce ladled onto plain pasta is fine, but you're just eating two foods that happened to be stacked on top of each other.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yeah, finish cooking the pasta in the sauce, this is like, pasta 201

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

angerbeet posted:

what's pasta 101

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

angerbeet posted:

I am shocked when I encounter people who are not hip to this. Like, it was the first proper cooking thing that I learned.

Randaconda posted:

what's pasta 101

boil that poo poo.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
101 would be leave a bit of pasta water in with the noodles friends.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

You put the sauce on top of the pasta though? Pasta goes on plate, sauce goes on top.

Also pasta does actually taste nice though I appear to be alone in this belief among my peers. Everyone else acts like it's disgusting which makes me wonder why they eat it with sauce on it instead of something else entirely.
depends on the recipe really. carbonara uses the heat of the pasta to cook the sauce so you can't really skip the pan

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Randaconda posted:

what's pasta 101

Pasta goes in the bowl of the colander, not the bottom.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I feel like Pasta 101 is "keep it in motion as close to the entirety of the time it's cooking as possible"

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yawgmoth posted:

My martini recipe is to drain off a jar of olives and replace the olive juice with gin.

My man.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My colander has feet on the bottom. I'm pretty sure that means pasta goes inside, not outside.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

the feet are for standing in the pasta

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Okay so I dump the pasta out in the sink, then use the colander feet to mix it with sauce, and then scoop it up onto a plate, correct?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

Okay so I dump the pasta out in the sink, then use the colander feet to mix it with sauce, and then scoop it up onto a plate, correct?

No you plug the drain and eat it directly out of the sink using the colander as a scoop. Then when you're done you can lifehack the remains directly into the garbage disposal

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Well I was going to say don't try this if your pot and colander are two different sizes but I think you guys have discouraged anyone from trying pretty well already.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Randaconda posted:

I love vegetables! I just don't like avocado.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

move along, nothing to see here

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 05:51 on Oct 6, 2017

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

move along, nothing to see here

No. You owe us now.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

If we're still on drinks the worst cocktail I ever had is definitely the bullshot. It's cold canned beef broth and vodka. It was apparently popular in the sixties because people considered it healthy for some reason. I ended up drinking one sip and throwing the rest away. It tasted almost as bad beer.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Hedenius posted:

This is actually a lovely little restaurant in Athens but the owners don't really understand how quotation marks work.

Reminds me of Asian Gourmet in Glasgow. Terrible name, but their hotpot couldn't be beat.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

elise the great posted:

Oh yeah, theeeere's that AFP.

Olives are good. Gin is good. They can, if you're very careful, be good together. But a dirty martini looks like leftover bathwater and might as well be a well-vodka pickleback as far as I'm concerned.

From the last page, but I can't let this slide.

VODKA Pickleback? :frogout:

Jameson or nothing for the Pickleback.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Yawgmoth posted:

My martini recipe is to drain off a jar of olives and replace the olive juice with gin.

oh my god did you actually just change my life with a shitpost

e: olives are the best, I am not responsible for the insane people here

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:colbert:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Gawd. I wish I could 'shop. That would be SO awesome with a chubby little cat head.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm afraid you'd lose his defeated expression shrunk down.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I just moved to Spain two months ago and literally have been eating 30-50 olives per day. I adore olives and it's been literally actual goddamn years since I could get good ones.

Years ago my family stayed in a coastal basque town and the whole way along the beachfront there were snack vending machines that only had little cans of olives stuffed with anchovies. Nothing else. Fortunately I love olives stuffed with anchovies so I spent the whole summer eating can after can.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I never said I enjoy eating it. It's just a living.

Shameful.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

rodbeard posted:

If we're still on drinks the worst cocktail I ever had is definitely the bullshot. It's cold canned beef broth and vodka. It was apparently popular in the sixties because people considered it healthy for some reason.

Turns out beef broth isn't too dissimilar from those "activated protein enzyme" protein shots, just with more poo poo like salt thrown in. So basically you were having the 1960s equivalent of a protein powder screwdriver. Honestly, it sounds like it would taste like someone vomming last night's beef jerky into your mouth. :barf:

Thread content, found when trying to see if protein powder screwdrivers were actually a thing that existed:

You know, when I was searching for "vodka beef", I did not think about what you would do with your meat after too much booze.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

KataraniSword posted:

Turns out beef broth isn't too dissimilar from those "activated protein enzyme" protein shots, just with more poo poo like salt thrown in. So basically you were having the 1960s equivalent of a protein powder screwdriver. Honestly, it sounds like it would taste like someone vomming last night's beef jerky into your mouth. :barf:

Thread content, found when trying to see if protein powder screwdrivers were actually a thing that existed:

You know, when I was searching for "vodka beef", I did not think about what you would do with your meat after too much booze.
Ignoring the probable spunk, I assume that's vodka sauce, in which card loving would mate. Vodka sauce is the best.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Samovar posted:

Reminds me of Asian Gourmet in Glasgow. Terrible name, but their hotpot couldn't be beat.

Really plain named places have like a 50/50 chance of either being trash or a hidden gem. The inspiringly named Asia Market in Houston has unbelievably good Thai curry, for example

Zipperelli. posted:

From the last page, but I can't let this slide.

VODKA Pickleback? :frogout:

Jameson or nothing for the Pickleback.

Ever have a good Tequila pickleback? That poo poo is perfect

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

hail satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU