Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Q just said in the press conference that Schmaltz is very likely to play in the next game, more likely than Kero.

This makes me happy :unsmith:

He had his moments last year, but nothing like tonight. He was even winning more than 20% of his draws!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Q just said in the press conference that Schmaltz is very likely to play in the next game, more likely than Kero.

Yay

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Step 1: Don't give up so many odd man breaks

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Hey, the Red Wings won!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i can't believe i forgot to watch on this night :mad:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

fire hakstol

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

graph posted:

The Pittsburgh Penguins are going to win the Stanley Cup.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Pretty much the best hockey night in a long time. Except for Ness/Chorney. Those two sure are NHL defensemen.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

yotes looked exciting and lost a close game, which was better than like half of their games last year.

not sure what happened in the second half though. the ducks tip-ins started going in. domingue missed a few mid-range shots that would have kept them in the lead. lol at gibson skating across 2/3ds of the ice to yell at domingue and get a misconduct though

Kale
May 14, 2010

Wasn't expecting Saad to be producing for my fantasy team so quickly. I'm winning on GAA, +/- and Goals thanks to him, Price and gently caress Corey Perry but losing on everything else in my head to head cause the league commissioner didn't weight anything. :shrug:

Habs defense still looks it's probably going to be lovely this year but with Price it might not matter much. Montoya game might be an adventure though

Kale fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 6, 2017

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

Chicago's "gently caress defense" strategy seems to be working, and whatever the Pen's strategy might be is not working.

Props to whatever rear end in a top hat gave the pens a back to back to open the season too.

4 back to backs this month, and a pretty brutal schedule too in terms of quality of competition.

I uh hope I don't see a whole lot of Niemi this season. In articles I was reading they had him starting 30-35 games :laffo:. I don't know if even this offense can overcome that.

e: the best Niemi moment of the night happened before the game started:

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 6, 2017

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

On one hand, Fire Hakstol.

On the other hand, any day where the Pens totally eat poo poo isn't a bad day, really.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

DuhSal posted:

Man you hate everyone. Opposite-Pungry.

Nah that's me, nah.

gently caress everybody but my 2½ teams of choice t:mad:t

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Slappy Pappy posted:

Pretty much the best hockey night in a long time. Except for Ness/Chorney. Those two sure are NHL defensemen.

I'm hoping their "quality" play will hasten the appearance of Djoos and Bowey.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Well... seems like JRs quiet offseason isn't exactly paying off, eh

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
According to my statistical models, Alex Ovechkin will score 200 goals this year.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Well... seems like JRs quiet offseason isn't exactly paying off, eh

Simmer down, Penguin Little.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

First-round pick Ryan Reaves.

Who does Chicago play nex---oh. At least I'm glad they used up all the goals.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

JoelJoel posted:

Simmer down, Penguin Little.

I didn't think saying Greg McKegg and Antti Niemi were insufficient would be controversial

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Bruins won and the score only looked close because the Preds had a 6 on 3 and a 6 on 4 in the last two minutes of the game, McAvoy got his first NHL goal (and two points), DeBrusk got his first NHL goal (and two points), Bjork had a good game (but only an assist), Ovie hat trick, Penguins got absolutely poo poo on. Overall it was a fun night of hockey for me.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Go bolts bitch

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

so boo flyera for losing last night but god drat am I impressed with Laughton and Leier on the Penalty Kill, and that 4th line as a whole.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

hifi posted:

yotes looked exciting and lost a close game, which was better than like half of their games last year.

not sure what happened in the second half though. the ducks tip-ins started going in. domingue missed a few mid-range shots that would have kept them in the lead. lol at gibson skating across 2/3ds of the ice to yell at domingue and get a misconduct though

how did Keller look? I saw he had a goal but I didn't watch any of the game.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

JoelJoel posted:

Without looking it up I'd say on like 10 shots in the first ten mins of play. Half of which were probably floaters that a decent beer leaguer could stop.

At least lethonen could pull a win out of his rear end and look like a completely different goalie from time to time. Niemi is just wet garbage, consistently.

That's Stanley Cup Champion Niemi to you. :colbert:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

I didn't think saying Greg McKegg and Antti Niemi were insufficient would be controversial

McKegg has actually been alright though? I don't expect it to last mind you.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
:smith: everyone happy that their team won... :smith:

Rangers looked good in a lot of ways though so oh well, Varlamov won that game, Zibanejad could have had like 4 goals

Buchnevich also looked really good and ready to have a big year

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

"Eaveolution" was right there.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Man grows beard at time when it is fashionable to do so

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

It's October, who cares

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

A very good friend of mine decided to surprise me with a gift and it all tied back to a conversation about hockey we had.

We were out drinking one night and with a group of friends and we were talking about memories of seeing pro teams play when we were growing up and I started talking about seeing the Flyers play and coming close to seeing them when they were in the Cup Final against Detroit in the 90's.

This guy asks, "Didn't they win a Cup at some point?"

I explain how they made it in the 90s, came close in the early 2000s, and again made it in the 2010s.

My friend swears he saw something at a pawn shop or some place that had Flyers cup-winning material on it. It made me laugh, and I told him if he saw it again I would absolutely buy it - owning a 2010 Stanley Cup Winner Philadelphia Flyers hat or coaster or something that was produced just in case would have been funny.

He swears up and down that he saw the same logo on a championship certain something in a store, so one night he comes up to me and surprises me.

"So I got you something," he says. "I realized when I saw it I was completely off but the logos looked the same from really far away, but I figured you would laugh anyway."

Go Flyers Red Wings!

Thanks bud :unsmith: I'll teach u more about hockey someday.......

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahaha that's great

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Imagine if that was a 97 Wings lighter.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Meh, Rangers played a great game but all the defensive pairs are new. Makes sense it might take some time to get acclimated with one another. Offensively they need to focus on passing.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

Imagine if that was a 97 Wings lighter.

Honestly I think I would have laughed even harder but I don't think I could have could have kept that, haha that series still stings

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Tailored Sauce posted:

Meh, Rangers played a great game but all the defensive pairs are new. Makes sense it might take some time to get acclimated with one another. Offensively they need to focus on passing.

They kinda just slung the puck around a lot without much precision

Thought the defensive pairs were fine for the most part. Some miscommunication here and there but nothing surprising. Skjei and Smith had a bit of a rough start but seemed to settle down I thought, but generally it was the forwards helping that were the issue defensively I think. Dunno, feels like every time there's a breakdown people want to immediately blame the defensemen but the Rangers got scored on twice off the rush last night because the forwards didn't backcheck well. D can't do much about that

spliffaz
Oct 29, 2007
Sorry if this isn't the right place for this question. I came across one of those Ottawa Senators October 8th, 1992 opening night coins. They gave them to those in attendance. Sorry I can't post a picture of it right now. I can't find any listings on eBay. It's basically a plastic coin covered in see through plastic, has the date on one side and Coca-Cola on the other.. anyways, question is, did I come across something considered rare or is it just a worthless trinket. I know it's value is really based on what people would pay for it, but if anyone has any ideas that's be great.

Related: Hockey is awesome and back. The sens will go to the shootout 80 more times.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

spliffaz posted:

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this question. I came across one of those Ottawa Senators October 8th, 1992 opening night coins. They gave them to those in attendance. Sorry I can't post a picture of it right now. I can't find any listings on eBay. It's basically a plastic coin covered in see through plastic, has the date on one side and Coca-Cola on the other.. anyways, question is, did I come across something considered rare or is it just a worthless trinket. I know it's value is really based on what people would pay for it, but if anyone has any ideas that's be great.

Related: Hockey is awesome and back. The sens will go to the shootout 80 more times.

Judging off this blog, it's not worth much if anything at all considering posters from the 20s only go for $125. It's a cool thing to hang onto if you're a Sens fan though.

http://www.bonksmullet.com/2013/09/sens-collectors-flashback-time.html

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or to throw at Dorion if you're not, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spliffaz
Oct 29, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Judging off this blog, it's not worth much if anything at all considering posters from the 20s only go for $125. It's a cool thing to hang onto if you're a Sens fan though.

http://www.bonksmullet.com/2013/09/sens-collectors-flashback-time.html

Thanks for the link. That's what I figured it was worth, unless I found a die-hard fan who just *had* to have it. I think I'll just hold on to it. (It's SURE to go up in value according to that blog).

• Locked thread