Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

f_c_ posted:

I thought hero's were supposed to join in battles of cities they are near in this one but I haven't had that happen.
Certain buildings can add a hero to the garrison. Check the building browser to see which.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Toned down Witch Elves
Tones that horrible six-pack down.

Compatible with everything that doesn't modify the Witch Elves' textures.

quote:

Shame we cant mod the actual models, I dont understand why their hips are so small, the females in rome 2 looks so much more sexier compared to the models ingame.

quote:

This is much sexier than what it was before. They still have those sexy muscles and lean bodies without the 5,000 situps in the morning and 10,000 before sleep look that was quite honestly a bit gross.

quote:

Nice, too bad their faces still look like crap tho ...

quote:

Thanks I can finally beat my meat while playing dark elves now without the risk of feeling dangerously gay

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Panfilo posted:

"Squirt musk of command!" when Skaven capture a city has gotta be the grossest one I've heard so far.

otoh, "Great Horned Rat Noticed Me!" is the best loving thing.

Or at least it was until I insta-summoned an army of dinosaurs and watched them charge into a late-game chaos army :black101:

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Knobb Manwich posted:

Toned down Witch Elves
Tones that horrible six-pack down.

Compatible with everything that doesn't modify the Witch Elves' textures.

quote:

quote:

lol they should look like they are in shape anyway.
in shape doesn't = abs

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

jfc can an asteroid just wipe us out already please

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Don't kinkshame.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Please bring back the naked dongs mod from Rome 1.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Time to put the skaven on hold

the faction unlocker is working for the first games base races but not the paid DLC races

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1158985864

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Please put this in the OP for high elves

https://youtu.be/hm17meYVbcY

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Third World Reggin posted:

the faction unlocker is working for the first games base races but not the paid DLC races

Norsca will never work without a lot of importing because they are currently not in the files past the basic stuff there from the games release. TW2 looks like they incorporated everything from around Bretonnia and before directly into the .packs, but nothing after. It's why the basic ones work so quickly, everything is mostly there but the faction mechanics, which may be there too but not configured.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Mazz posted:

Norsca will never work without a lot of importing because they are currently not in the files past the basic stuff there from the games release. TW2 looks like they incorporated everything from around Bretonnia and before directly into the .packs, but nothing after. It's why the basic ones work so quickly, everything is mostly there but the faction mechanics, which may be there too but not configured.

Man, I kind of want to use that and roll with Oreon to show these other elf pretenders the what-for on how we do things as hellforrest elves.

I wonder if welf dragons have their breath attack in this.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pfft...Couldn't handle the Skaven I see.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Stanley Pain posted:

Pfft...Couldn't handle the Skaven I see.

I got half way done with africa and it is all undead from here on out

or, I can be african orks and go on a rumble

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

This happened all the time during my Teclis playthrough it cracked me up every loving time. Also the victory screen has the ugliest Elf I've ever seen.
https://imgur.com/XlFH6tQ
(edited so no spoilers)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Does anyone else get freezes during ritual cut scenes? Intro works fine and if I reload the autosave the cut scene usually works fine, but if I’ve been playing for a while, the map freezes and the voice over plays with no video, forcing me to restart.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/202879/crash-after-completion-first-vortex-ritual

I have 12 gigs of RAM so it's not this.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 6, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

RIP faction unlocker

the orcs have the new road / raiding building, but lords and heroes do not have immortal

some of their other skills were updated though

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I got half way done with africa and it is all undead from here on out

or, I can be african orks and go on a rumble

Back to the jungle with ye.

Do Wood Elves or Beastmen work with the unlocker?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Stanley Pain posted:

Back to the jungle with ye.

Do Wood Elves or Beastmen work with the unlocker?

no, DLC races do not work

the mod creator said you can play as wood elves but you can't recruit any troops

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Does anyone else get freezes during ritual cut scenes? Intro works fine and if I reload the autosave the cut scene usually works fine, but if I’ve been playing for a while, the map freezes and the voice over plays with no video, forcing me to restart.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/202879/crash-after-completion-first-vortex-ritual

I've seen it reported here and there, I think my mate has that bug as well. I don't know about any solutions other than replay the cutscene or watch it on youtube.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I had this happen (could hear the cutscene but no video). It sorta worked if I switched to task manager and alt-tabbed back

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

lol

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
This engagement/pursuit bug is getting frustrating, and it's making what I assume to be an intentional change in how routed/shattered units can occasionally fight back even more of a pain in the rear end when the units that're supposed to be slaughtering them are instead getting damaged and even killed by their targets.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Someone in the previous thread had the same issue and solved it by disabling all the camera options during end-of-turn.

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 6, 2017

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
dammit Very Hard is actually Very Hard

I have to think about what i'm doing like every turn and reload and poo poo

I don't know how people play Legendary

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
The biggest problems with playing helves in campaign, imo, is that their armies are good against three out of four races by default or, at least, competitive and don't need retooling.

Lizards, however, are tanky, shielded fuckers that never rout and I hate them.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Dark elves are good against everything since darkshards and shades are heavy on AP

I want to use corsairs with handbows more but their AP isn't nearly as good. Darkshards are just too good.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Gamerofthegame posted:

The biggest problems with playing helves in campaign, imo, is that their armies are good against three out of four races by default or, at least, competitive and don't need retooling.

Lizards, however, are tanky, shielded fuckers that never rout and I hate them.

Get a lord and hero in the army, put regeneration items on them. Put them like 60 meters in front of your archers, spaced pretty decently apart so they cover a good portion of your line. The entire enemy army will surround and attack them.

Shoot them with everything.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 6, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I have more trouble with ranged-heavy dark elves as high elves, and the late-game Chaos stacks sometimes. Even the doomiest of Skaven stacks melts to a walled city but Chaos needs a stack as well as a garrison.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Game of the year.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Gejnor posted:

Game of the year.

Beautiful.

Prometheus skill mod is up again on workshop. It was prob one of the better balanced skill mods from TW1. It only gives x2 skill points for LLs after level 10, and agents/heroes only get 2 skill points every 5 levels.
I like how you must level up to a certain point to preserve early game balance, but in mid/late game gaining recruit rank bonuses balance it out well.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1159350107

check it out

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
Here's an explanation on moving units in combat. It's old hat for the veterans here, but for me it was news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVZ3_PhLuyw&t=21s

From about 10 minutes in.

Some people are reporting that when they order units to chase routing units, the chaser attacks a little bit and then stops moving, letting the routing unit run away.
Could it be you're all having your units on Guard mode? Your units won't chase after enemies that are running from them if they are on Guard mode.

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 6, 2017

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

faction unlocker is fun, playing as the new world colonies, helping my mazdumundi bro clear the area of nords

the brave philipp billings helping mazdamundi

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Tag yourself, I'm spooky Halloween Durthu

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I noticed that squig squads now have rampage like lizardmen.

But I couldn't build trolls or giants as greenskins so I gave up on that.

The greenskins in africa have a hard as balls start. 3/4ths of a province. The capital is held by dwarves and has a mine. None of your buildings are built up. And the undead really do not like you.

I am not sure what other stats have changed from the first game, but trolls and squigs have different stats according to honga.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah some of the starts are hard too since your buildings are all in unsuitable climates. new world colonies start is all in orange level areas so stuff takes longer to build. still fun taking empire against the new world stuff though.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

I noticed that squig squads now have rampage like lizardmen.

But I couldn't build trolls or giants as greenskins so I gave up on that.

The greenskins in africa have a hard as balls start. 3/4ths of a province. The capital is held by dwarves and has a mine. None of your buildings are built up. And the undead really do not like you.

I am not sure what other stats have changed from the first game, but trolls and squigs have different stats according to honga.

Probably best to try and bait ambushes on the dwarves to kill their main force and then counter siege on the next turn after.

Are the favored climates just generically set for all the OG TWW1 races or is there some variation?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

it looks like a lot of the stuff isnt available to build with the faction unlocker. dwarves cant get anything more than grudge throwers artilley wise.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
dwarf cannons are dlc

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Are there three way battles if three people at war are fighting next to eachother? Man that would be fun. I haven't seen it, but I'm not sure I've ever had three armies all at war right next to each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Dwarves definitely had more than just a grudge thrower at launch though no? There's no other artillery piece than that available. also no iron drakes or anything like that. no ironbreakers or gyrocopters as well.