Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still want that insane IDW styled Thunderwing but he's just a hair too pricey for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
On the other hand TR Skyshadow is superior to Gen Skyshadow in every way save the deluxe's giant fuckoff duplex missile launcher. His head even stays on better, and it's supposed to detach.

gently caress yeah, tank pants.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I still want that insane IDW styled Thunderwing but he's just a hair too pricey for me.

That one seems a bit too clumsy, plus I was never a fan of the armor up mode, I think it looks dumb and garatron is sorta built around that feature. My favorite Thunderwing was the old comics one that wanted the matrix and was compatible with it too. I'm all for the halloween face redesign and the wings on newer designs though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phy posted:

On the other hand TR Skyshadow is superior to Gen Skyshadow in every way save the deluxe's giant fuckoff duplex missile launcher. His head even stays on better, and it's supposed to detach.

gently caress yeah, tank pants.

It's such a great bot, I can't believe so much effort went into such an obscure character. Hard to believe he wasn't the originator of the mold.

Blackheart posted:

That one seems a bit too clumsy, plus I was never a fan of the armor up mode, I think it looks dumb and garatron is sorta built around that feature. My favorite Thunderwing was the old comics one that wanted the matrix and was compatible with it too. I'm all for the halloween face redesign and the wings on newer designs though.

I doubt I'd display him in the hypermode. It's a triumph because it's a near perfect page-to-toy design. But I think $175 is the current lowest price and that's a bit much on a novelty character for me.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah seeing Skyshadow on stores constantly tempts me but alas, display space and money. He just looks so badass.

Would Insta-buy it as thunderwing though.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blackheart posted:

display space and money

Can't argue the money, but I've said it before, he fits in pretty well with the MP Decepticons. He may not be crafted as finely, with poseable fingers and dabs of diecast and poo poo, but at a quick glance he doesn't stand out as being out of place. He's certainly big enough.

e: of course if display space and cost are factors, you might wisely have not been buying MP Decepticons in the first place.

Phy fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 6, 2017

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Anyone seen stock of the KO PE CW hands and feet recently?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/MoggyZpartuss/status/916460721113915392

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Talk about a flawless mold re-use.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I think they've dried up. I recently asked the supplier of the Bruticus sets of they could do a set in the G2 Menasor colors and they told me they have moved on to new projects.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why worry, they'll do more when the new combiners start hitting. Aren't POTP combiners confirmed to be compatible with CW stuff?

PE will probably make even better pieces to compete with the better pieces in POTP.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They need to start focusing on important poo poo like new Prime Masters!

40Inch
Aug 15, 2002

I still see a fair bit by searching "perfect combiner simple" on eBay.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

On a related note, maybe I'm late in realizing this, but Overlord is in stock on at online stores if you don't want to hunt. I ordered him and a Misfire, because gently caress looking for late-wave figures in brick and mortars.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have one sitting in my BBTS pile of loot. Just waiting for that UT Allen (Springer) to drop so I can ship it.

My NBK Constructicons showed up today. For KO's they're loving incredible. Especially for $10 each shipped.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

My NBK Constructicons showed up today. For KO's they're loving incredible. Especially for $10 each shipped.
Where'd you get'em? Got pics?

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

New Thew!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyhRenPqOOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh hey.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
hook me UP

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

Where'd you get'em? Got pics?

I got all three off AliExpress. The first one (in leg mode here) was like $13.50 shipped. The other two were $21 or so.

This dude was just left at my door as well

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

I got all three off AliExpress. The first one (in leg mode here) was like $13.50 shipped. The other two were $21 or so.

Let me know when you see the last three NBK Devastator pieces, also Grotesque arrived crazy fast.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

How are they quality wise?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

I don't think us non-patreon donaters are meant to have access to this yet, but thanks ;)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm glad Thew went straight for the "this is the most massive slag I've ever seen! yanno apart from your mum" joke.

Rhyno posted:

ah poo poo, right, can you link to them again?
u giv

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 7, 2017

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I've got 5 spare after me, but 8 originally asked, so it'll have to be first come first served out of those 8, I'm afraid.

The List
1. DoctorWhat
2. Captain Invictus
3. History Cums Inside
4. Iced Cocoa
5. drrockso20

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Oct 8, 2017

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Marmaduke! posted:

I don't think us non-patreon donaters are meant to have access to this yet, but thanks ;)

He goofed up, posted it live as a public patreon post. (I am a $1 backer, but wasn't logged in when I viewed the post.)

Think he's fixed the patreon post now, but since I had the YT link, thought I'd link it.

And if you enjoy Thew, you should back him. I don't have the money to definitely throw $5 every month, so I've settled for a buck a month for now, but if his new schedule does pay off then I'll probably bump it up.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I notice XTransbots' MP Cosmos has what is clearly a picture of Skids in vehicle mode on the bottom of the box.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

I've got 5 spare after me, but 8 originally asked, so it'll have to be first come first served out of those 8, I'm afraid.

The List
1. DoctorWhat
2. Captain Invictus

Hook me up please?

[quote="“40Inch”" post="“477139474”"]
I still see a fair bit by searching “perfect combiner simple” on eBay.
[/quote]

Good call, got what I was looking for. Thanks!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Hook me up please?

Good call, got what I was looking for. Thanks!

You have Smart Punctuation turned on, which is an iOS feature that is good for professional-looking writing, but not forums code. It messes with straight and curved quotes and that's why you have quotes that look like that.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You have Smart Punctuation turned on, which is an iOS feature that is good for professional-looking writing, but not forums code. It messes with straight and curved quotes and that's why you have quotes that look like that.

Good looking out, I wondered why that kept happening but not enough to look into it any harder.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hook me up please?

Caaaaaan dooooo!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm glad Thew went straight for the "this is the most massive slag I've ever seen! yanno apart from your mum" joke.

ah poo poo, right, can you link to them again?

Here's the seller who has the first three for $11 each shipped. He is sold out so keep an eye out for restocks
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr....1a4877be0Uwfzl

Quality wise they are solid figures. Just a step below the CW Constructicons in plastic quality. The first guy is super simplified but the newer two are very close to the GT versions. Rumor is they're going to remake the first one when they wrap up the set. I paid $10.59 each for these last two. The entire set is going to set me back under $70 shipped.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hmmm, think they'll do a combined set as one once they're done? Might wait on that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's possible. There's also another company doing a KO, this time a direct 1:1 copy with no simplification but in yellow to start.

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

The_Doctor posted:

The List
1. DoctorWhat
2. Captain Invictus
3. History Cums Inside

I think I asked you about a book, so on the off chance I was one of those 8, here's me asking again.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Luchacabra posted:

I think I asked you about a book, so on the off chance I was one of those 8, here's me asking again.

Unfortunately you weren't, sorry dude.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

The List
1. DoctorWhat
2. Captain Invictus
3. History Cums Inside

Hook me up!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I know I asked but I'll pass so someone else can get it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Iced Cocoa posted:

Hook me up!

Hooked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A couple more pics.

Elbows and shoulders are tight and ratchety as all hell. If the other three are solid this will be a great display piece at a killer price. A great option if you have Gravity Builder and want to display in combined and alt modes. But I still think I want Toy World's version, especially if the rumor that Zeta is going to re-release it with updates is true.