Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Any ps4 goons up for some duo/squad? PSN: wolscott

Edit: also the wait-time reduction is glorious.

Snak fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

teagone posted:

Was perusing the ForniteBR subreddit and found some hilarious game ending frags:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv-i91yGX7M

This one's like straight out of an action movie lmao https://streamable.com/ke0kv

This is how the world ends. With the last man on earth shotgunning the last women in a absolutely sick move that totally make it worth it.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
Horde Bash isn't giving me skill points or tickets any more. Is there a limit on that poo poo? Here is a new mode, hope you like it, but don't play it too much. Really?

I really like horde bash, it cuts through a lot of the materials farming bullshit. It really should be one of the core modes of the game. 4 players with 4 defenders taking on large waves of enemies with various mutations feels pretty good.

Neon Knight fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 7, 2017

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Neon Knight posted:

Horde Bash isn't giving me skill points or tickets any more. Is there a limit on that poo poo? Here is a new mode, hope you like it, but don't play it too much. Really?

I really like horde bash, it cuts through a lot of the materials farming bullshit. It really should be one of the core modes of the game. 4 players with 4 defenders taking on large waves of enemies with various mutations feels pretty good.

I think there's a limit of 6 per day for rewards

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...
My only complaints so far about horde bash are:
10 rounds/round duration feels too long.
I don’t mind playing he low end tier but a single skill point and zero commander experience are a poo poo experience

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Huh, apparently i won a copy of fornite so i can play pve (when they email me the key). I was watching Anthony Kongphan's stream and i must've done something to enter into some sort of giveaway. I guess other streamers are doing this as well, i think i saw a couple others do the same thing.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Well this is one helluva hack :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwLu9OMldro

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Hey good news about hackers, looks like they get instabanned now and also they can't create new accounts without getting instantly banned again:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/751cn3/after_the_update_cheaters_get_banned_instantly/

I personally would have preferred a shadowban where cheaters had to play with each other only though.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I assume the answer is no, but can you play split screen co-op on the console in this?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

BadLlama posted:

I assume the answer is no, but can you play split screen co-op on the console in this?

You can not.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If anyone wants to play Battle Royale on Xbone, add me: SandRifle.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

teagone posted:

Was perusing the ForniteBR subreddit and found some hilarious game ending frags:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv-i91yGX7M

Similar to above, this is one of the first Fortnite videos I watched:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zqSV6xmBwY&t=1285s

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I got my first victory today!

The final circle was on top of the big mountain with a house on top. I was at the bottom of a big cliff (but still in the circle) and he was on top. A supply drop appeared down by me and I guess he thought I was going for it because he jumped off the cliff shooting at the supply drop. I was making my way up the hill when I heard shooting and a thump behind me. I turned around and he's right there healing. I unloaded on him so drat hard!

This will never happen again!

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Yeah I got my one and only victory despite being terrible at the game, it felt great. Only got 3 kills but felt like I they summed up my whole Battle Royale approach.

1. Hid in an attic like a coward, not getting the chest up there because it was bait. A mans came to get it and I shotgunned him in the back.

2. Saw a mans on top of a hill, charged straight at him emptying my entire grenade launcher, missing with every shot. One grenade rebounded off a rock and bounced to right beneath his feet as he was cleverly flanking me.

3. Hid behind a rock and watched the last 2 other survivors have a cool sniper duel building towers and stuff. Then emptied an SMG into the winning mans back as he was healing.

What's quite funny is that sometimes I swear the umbrella makes people back off. Twice I've been landing near people and after flicking open the swish winners 'brella they've changed their angle to land somewhere else. Guys it's fine I'm an opportunistic coward I'm not actually good at this game.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

A Huge and Awesome patch is incoming tomorrow . BR balance stuff, performance improvements for both BR and PvE.

And most importantly, Horde Bash tweaked into something good and to top it off: big buffs to player power scaling (in our favour).

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/1-7-1-patch-notes

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Seditiar posted:

A Huge and Awesome patch is incoming tomorrow . BR balance stuff, performance improvements for both BR and PvE.

And most importantly, Horde Bash tweaked into something good and to top it off: big buffs to player power scaling (in our favour).

You missed the fact that they added BattleEye in addition to their own anti-cheat tech.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Loving those changes, especially the updated weapon names.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Can someone post the changelog? Curious to see what the changes are but I'm work :(

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I still can't get any of my PUBG-playing friends to give this a try

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Mister Fister posted:

You missed the fact that they added BattleEye in addition to their own anti-cheat tech.

I don't really know that one, is it significant?

cage-free egghead posted:

Can someone post the changelog? Curious to see what the changes are but I'm work :(

quote:

BATTLE ROYALE GETS STATS - 1.7.1 PATCH NOTES

By The Fortnite Team

The release of 1.7.1 improves overall game stability and adds quality-of-life improvements for both Save the World and Battle Royale players. In addition, we have re-enabled support for DirectX 10 hardware. This should also improve performance for low-spec PC players.

What are we doing about cheaters?

In this release, we’ve added a report button in-game which will allow players to swiftly report cheaters. What’s more, we released a blog last week detailing our current and future anti-cheat plans. Check it out here.

BattlEye has been added to our existing anti-cheat detection.

Stats

Fortnite Battle Royale stats make an appearance in this release! Stats will be backfilled for the launch of this new feature. Check out the Stats tab on the FNBR home screen.

We missed our initial release date for leaderboards, but we’re working to get them in as soon as possible.

Save the World - Hero & Monster Balance

Ability damage, health and shield values have been increased for all heroes! This change has little impact at lower levels, but provides a significant buff for players who have made notable progress in their Save the World campaign. Hero balance continues to be work in progress.

Beware, monsters have also received a slight buff to their health and damage at higher levels.

Challenge the Horde Progression

We have taken note of the widespread feedback regarding progression for the Challenge the Horde game mode, and have made a number of changes to accommodate. The farther along you are in the Save the World campaign, the farther along your Challenge the Horde journey begins. Veteran players will no longer have to replay lower difficulty content in order to reach a true challenge.

In addition, all challenges in the Tier 1, 2 and 3 zones will be automatically unlocked by default, making progress through these sections much quicker.

Dive into the full notes below and share your thoughts and feedback on the official Forums and Discord.

EA1.7.1 PATCH NOTES

GENERAL

BattlEye has been added to our existing anti-cheat detection

BATTLE ROYALE

GAMEPLAY

We have increased the travel movement of the Battle Bus and increased skydiving velocity in order to offer an alternative strategy to jumping out of the Bus at the first possible moment.
Increased Battle Bus movement speed by 50% (from 4000 to 6000).
Increased skydiving terminal velocity by 50% (from 4000 to 6000).
The final storm safe zone will now close completely instead of holding at a 10 cm radius.
Players can now search supply drops without interruption from storm damage.
Improved the pre-game warmup UI to indicate the server is “Waiting for players to connect” and “Battle Bus launching” when the lobby is full.
Fixed the glider occasionally not auto-deploying at the correct height.
Fixed an issue which caused Supply Drops to become stuck in the air after player-built structures beneath them were destroyed.

WEAPONS

Changes from the Live Update on Oct. 6:
Increased Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle damage by 50%.
This weapon was often passed up because of its lower damage. This increase will put it closer in line with its intended effectiveness.
Decreased Scoped Assault Rifle damage by 33%.
This weapon was too effective at its current role and needed to be scaled back slightly.
Decreased Grenade, Grenade Launcher, and Rocket Launcher environmental damage to 375 (was 450).
Metal forts will now require two explosive blasts (instead of one). Late-game bases are too easily destroyed and we want to promote building diversity.
Increased Rocket Launcher reload time by 20%.
It's a little too easy to spam rockets. We want the Rocket Launcher to be a powerful weapon, but it's a little too good right now.
Increased Submachine Gun damage by 10%.
The Submachine Gun is underperforming at close to medium range combat. This damage increase will improve its effectiveness slightly. We'll continue to keep an eye on it.
Renamed several weapons
Renamed 'Semi-Auto Rifle' to 'Assault Rifle (Burst).'
Renamed 'Semi-Auto Handgun' to 'Pistol.'
Renamed 'Semi-Auto Shotgun' to 'Tactical Shotgun.'
Fixed an issue which prevented explosive weapons from damaging Supply Drops.
Fixed a bug which caused the pump action shotgun to occasionally double-fire.
Fixed a bug which caused grenades to occasionally deal no damage.
Fixed an issue which caused bullet impact effects to only be being visible to players in the immediate vicinity.
Fixed an issue which caused the weapon reticle to disappear.

DUOS/SQUADS

Eliminations will now be awarded to the player who downs an enemy regardless of who finishes off that player in the DBNO (Down, But Not Out) state.
Increased health after being revived from the DBNO state.
Health increased from 25 to 30.
Shields will no longer protect you from damage while in the DBNO state.
You will keep any remaining shield if a teammate revives you.
Friendly fire damage will now display the appropriate visual hit effects.
Fixed squad’s finishing placement displaying the incorrect number in some cases.
Fixed an issue which caused tires to bounce DBNO players.
Fixed an issue which allowed traps to bounce players in the DBNO state.

UI

There is now a Report Player button on the end-of-match screen to report players.
Critical hit damage on shielded players is now displayed in blue, like other displayed shielded damage numbers.
The color of each player’s marker in a duo/squad are now consistent with everywhere they are displayed.
Player indicators on the minimap will now match the color the player was assigned instead of all players showing as a cyan color.
Changed the item drop icon on the Inventory screen from a trash can to a “drop arrow” to more clearly indicate its purpose.
You can now hold down ‘Shift’ before dragging an item to only drop one of that item.
Teammates will no longer show up as eliminated when they are loading into the map.
Fixed an issue which prevented eliminated players from entering text in the Send Feedback interface when using a controller.

WORLD

Added name labels to the map for existing locations.
Tomato Town
Dusty Depot
Salty Springs

Added a few structures near Tomato Town.
Added new potential chest & loot locations to the northernmost and southernmost wooden bridges over the river, as well as to Lonely Lodge and the container area to the west.
Fixed certain basements being blocked, which prevented access to underground treasure chests and loot.
Fixed issues which caused trees to float above the terrain.
Fixed some trees that previously could not be destroyed.
General bug fixes and improvements to the world.

PERFORMANCE

We’re continuously working on optimizing performance, and are actively investigating recent reports of lower frame rates in areas with dense foliage.

Fixed multiple issues which could cause a brief freeze in game.
Fixed a significant hitch that occurred when the last player was eliminated from the game.
Fixed a hitch which occurred after the Battle Bus skydiving phase completed.
Reduced hitching on PlayStation 4.

AUDIO

Addressed multiple issues which caused sound to only come out of the left or right speaker.
Moved Battle Bus ignition audio into pre-game warmup phase.
General mix adjustments.

SPECTATING

Fixed player directional hit indicators not visible while spectating

SAVE THE WORLD

GAMEPLAY

Challenge the Horde
Progression is now determined by the players progress in the Save the World campaign
If the player has finished Plankerton Outpost 3 in the Save the World campaign, then all of Stonewood and the first three Plankerton zones will be unlocked in Challenge the Horde mode.

Quests now have a minimum difficulty rather than a required one.
If a quests states: Complete “Challenge 3 in a rating 9 zone,” the challenge can now be completed in any zone 9 or higher rather than in a zone with 9 difficulty specifically.

When entering a Tier 1, 2 or 3 zone, all challenges within that zone are now unlocked by default.
This will make progressing through the mode quicker.

All Outlander fragments now respawn between horde waves.
All of the remaining existing fragments are removed and new fragments are spawned at potentially new locations.

Outlander Fragments were spawning too far away in Horde mode.
Now Outlanders should have more than enough time to gather fragments before each wave.

Fixed an issue that caused the evolution choice between Shadowshard and Obsidian to always default to the Obsidian evolution.
Fixed an issue which prevented players from storing multiple stacks of building resources and ammunition in their Storm Shield storage.
Players can now store multiple stacks of resources and ammunition in their storage again.
Fixed an issue that caused players with certain video cards to experience extreme saturation during night sections.
Fixed an issue which caused the Smasher to continue to charge for too long if it has broken a piece of the environment or a building and there is nothing to attack within a reasonable distance.
Fixed a bug which caused the amount of Fortitude, Offense, Resistance, and Tech shared between party members to be capped to a lower value than intended.
Updated Teleporter placement range by increasing starting Teleporter range to 15 tiles, and reducing each Teleporter range upgrade increase to 5 tiles.

HEROES
Fixed a bug which caused ‘TEDDY’ and Shock Towers to one-shot monsters at high level, and allowed them to be damaged by effects like bees and poison clouds.
‘TEDDY’ and Shock Tower now use the environmental object damage model rather than character damage model.
Increased the health of ‘TEDDY’, Shock Tower, and ‘BASE’.

Increased ability damage, health, and shield values on all heroes.
All of these values increase depending on the on rarity of hero
Increased by 10% every 5 levels, to a maximum of 30% for Uncommon up to 60% for Legendary
These values were previously scaling relative to weapons without alterations and were falling well behind the curve at high levels as a result.
No change at low levels, gradually scaling up with difficulty.
Hero abilities and gadgets will have greater impact on monsters at higher levels.
Weapons will deal more damage to monsters quicker at high level.

Adjusted enemy health and damage values as a result of the Hero scaling changes
No change at low levels.
Increases gradually with difficulty.
Monsters will damage players slighter slower at high level.
When using Bull Rush to charge at a charging Smasher, the ability will no longer be interrupted prematurely.

MISSIONS

Fixed an issue which caused the Launcher to appear early in the "Deliver the Bomb" mission when a player joined an ‘in-progress’ zone.
Fixed an issue that caused some players to be unable to activate the bomb in the "Deliver the Bomb" missions.

GENERAL

Fixed a crash that occasionally occurred when canceling a game rejoin.
Re-enabled support for DirectX 10.
Fixed several client crashes.

Matchmaking Region is now available under the GAME tab in the options menu.
This tool shows all available regions and a representative ping value at the time of login.
We are working to improve this tool further to refresh ping values.

UI

Fixed an issue that caused Homebase Storm Shield power levels to always incorrectly show as 0 out of 10.
Corrected a typo in the Challenge the Horde loading screen.
Corrected a few typos found in perk names for Scavenger Heroes.
Updated names, descriptions, and bonus descriptors for all of the trap and weapon ingredient nodes on the Horde skill tree.
Nodes now refer to the Star level of the traps and weapons.
Ingredients that you receive from each node are fully listed out.
Reworded Teleporter skill tree node description to include placement range.
Experiencing issues updating, logging in or crashing in Fortnite? Reach out to player support here.

E: Some more formatting for better readability.

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Oct 11, 2017

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Seditiar posted:

I don't really know that one, is it significant?

It's an anti-cheat program used by a lot of games. It should eliminate more cheaters which is a good thing.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Mister Fister posted:

It's an anti-cheat program used by a lot of games. It should eliminate more cheaters which is a good thing.

Ah, cool! Did not know that, I hadn't heard of it before so I figured it was their own thing and basically went "Who cares? You're adding an addon to your own anti-cheat system", in which case it's still nice I suppose but not really a big deal. Hopefully it'll kill a ton of cheaters, maybe even enough to bring back VPN eligibility for BR.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Battleye has been pretty good in other games in the past. I still remember when the flipped the switch on for it in Rainbow Six Siege, that was a funny night.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Seditiar posted:

Oh good. I was tired of dying so much in Canny.

Also the horde bash fragment change is good. I tried an outlander in that once and holy poo poo it was terrible. More terrible than outlanders usually are.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 12, 2017

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Haha! I love the bushes in this game!

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Stats+Rankings have come out today i hear.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
This is neat too:

-We have increased the travel movement of the Battle Bus and increased skydiving velocity in order to offer an alternative strategy to jumping out of the Bus at the first possible moment.
-Increased Battle Bus movement speed by 50% (from 4000 to 6000).
-Increased skydiving terminal velocity by 50% (from 4000 to 6000).

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

hey welcome to the show! posted:

Haha! I love the bushes in this game!

I do too, and hiding inside the pine trees has actually been an effective method for me lately. Fun to hear people walk by and blast them right in the back as they pass.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
So what's the new parachute strat?

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009
I never knew the previous strat other than leave the bus as soon as you are able to.

Also, anybody who unironically uses the “hide in a bush” when there is no action happening around them can go gently caress themselves.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

TJChap2840 posted:

I never knew the previous strat other than leave the bus as soon as you are able to.

Also, anybody who unironically uses the “hide in a bush” when there is no action happening around them can go gently caress themselves.

You only need to kill one person to win.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Did Duos with a friend of mine who did his first game. We saw 2 people building/climbing stairs up to a mountain, he told me to wait a bit so he could get a proper angle with his sniper rifle. I just started blasting the bottom stairs and 2 seconds later 2 people fell to their death. :v:

I've never heard him cackle like that.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

ColHannibal posted:

You only need to kill one person to win.

First game of the day, almost died to a person hiding in a bush as I was fighting two other people. Person was clearly there the whole time. Only killed them because I had full shield and full HP.

Later in the same game, get sniped by a dude in a bush as I was fighting somebody else.

If TTK is going to continue to be as low as it is, bushes need to be more difficult to hide in.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009
Also, the bolt action sniper rifle probably needs to be nerfed a little bit. One shot kills, especially relatively easy ones, aren't great for the game I think. My favorite gun is the bolt action rifle and I almost feel bad when I shoot somebody at long range in the toe and kill them. It also feels bad having it happen to you.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I welcome the first battle royale game to realize sniper rifles and even scopes are the worst thing about shooters and promote the worst style of game play.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

puberty worked me over posted:

I welcome the first battle royale game to realize sniper rifles and even scopes are the worst thing about shooters and promote the worst style of game play.

Only when they're hitscan, i think sniper rifles being projectile and having bullet drop balances it out a lot.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I also just think a game with more realistic scopes would balance things out a lot.

For example, it's basically impossible to see through a scope at all while moving.

Edit: I wish there were binoculars in this game.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

TJChap2840 posted:

Also, the bolt action sniper rifle probably needs to be nerfed a little bit. One shot kills, especially relatively easy ones, aren't great for the game I think. My favorite gun is the bolt action rifle and I almost feel bad when I shoot somebody at long range in the toe and kill them. It also feels bad having it happen to you.

They felt pretty balanced from the couple of games I played. The projectile is really slow and drops quite a bit, if idiots want to stay completely still for 1.5 seconds in a firefight, that's on them.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I agree continually alternate strafing for 30 minutes to avoid being sniped is a fun thing.

VulgarandStupid posted:

1.5 seconds in a firefight

Most of the people I have sniped/been sniped by there was no firefight. Just one shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

puberty worked me over posted:

I agree continually alternate strafing for 30 minutes to avoid being sniped is a fun thing.

Most of the people I have sniped/been sniped by there was no firefight. Just one shot.

It's really too bad you can't just build cover if you don't want to move around a little bit. But the real answer is you should be using third person to look over/around something to begin with anyway. Saving bad players from themselves is not how you balance a game.

• Locked thread