Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Might be that photo but that might've been a blessing in disguise that the artist can't finish that sleeve.

I remember seeing your confectionary sleeve(pretty sure at least), that's cool. I'm gonna get a donut-reaper soon :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Johnny Truant posted:

Might be that photo but that might've been a blessing in disguise that the artist can't finish that sleeve.

I remember seeing your confectionary sleeve(pretty sure at least), that's cool. I'm gonna get a donut-reaper soon :hfive:

Yeah that's another reason why I'm looking for a new one and I'm taking my time about it because they need to rework parts of it. The guy that did my feet was really up for doing it but I don't know.
Yeah I posted it in the other thread. I think you were bothered that you can still see the old card suits.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

nerve posted:

Boards of Canada...? I think?

You are correct.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Oh boy, my roommate just decided he's going to get the words "eleven eleven" under one eye with a friend of his. Third friend already has it, but he's also not a skinny pale kid with blonde hair that wears hoodies all the time. My friend is gonna look like a meth dealer.

What are the chances someone thinks he's part of the white supremacist 211 gang? I will absolutely take pictures and gleefully post them.

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

ricketyvickyt posted:

Confectionary sleeve (in progress which is why you can see the card suits that are being covered up)

Party rings are mediocre as biscuits go :britain:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

ricketyvickyt posted:

The guy that did my feet was really up for doing it but I don't know.

Without meaning any disrespect to you, under no circumstances should you allow the person who did your foot tattoos to work on a more visible part of your body.

You are definitely better off with just linework than subpar coloring.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Scathach posted:

Oh boy, my roommate just decided he's going to get the words "eleven eleven" under one eye with a friend of his. Third friend already has it, but he's also not a skinny pale kid with blonde hair that wears hoodies all the time. My friend is gonna look like a meth dealer.

What are the chances someone thinks he's part of the white supremacist 211 gang? I will absolutely take pictures and gleefully post them.

What does 'eleven eleven' mean that they want it tattooed on their faces? Also, I don't think people will automatically associate it with a specific gang unless that gang already has a big presence in your town, it's more likely that people will just assume it's some dumb criminal / prison / poor life choice tattoo.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Apparently it means "make a wish."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

What's a haert and why is it in their arm?

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Voyager I posted:

Without meaning any disrespect to you, under no circumstances should you allow the person who did your foot tattoos to work on a more visible part of your body.

You are definitely better off with just linework than subpar coloring.

That's why I haven't already give him my money and let him loose. I don't want the sleeve to be blocked out solid colour if you get what I mean. I want like proper shading and tone transistors. It's hard to put it into words but I will know when I've seen the artist who does the colour style I want.

I've taken to asking the other tattoo thread for their guidance when I think I've found someone that looks decent.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Weldon Pemberton posted:

Party rings are mediocre as biscuits go :britain:

I like a party ring every now and again...as long as I've got a brew to dunk them in!

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
:nws: Small Penis :nws:

https://i.imgur.com/ZPgmdra.jpg

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

:stare: I have questions.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I have an answer: Twentysomething manchild, probably thinks he's hilarious and his sense of humor is just too edgy for some sensitive snowflakes.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I'm immigrant too!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Scathach posted:

Apparently it means "make a wish."

This is a long-standing woo woo new age bit of nonsense. When you see 11:11 come up on the clock, that's the universe reminding you of synchronicity, so you should seize the moment to cast your intention into the universe. Which I guess has been diluted to "make a wish," which seems exactly as effective.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Yeah the whole idea of that written under an eyelid sounds dumb as gently caress.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Dagger and Donuts tattoo rules.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Which I guess has been diluted to "make a wish," which seems exactly as effective.

Ah, so it's philosophical Homeopathy.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

bulletsponge13 posted:

Daggers 'N' Donuts is a successor band to Guns 'N' Roses.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

AlbieQuirky posted:

This is a long-standing woo woo new age bit of nonsense. When you see 11:11 come up on the clock, that's the universe reminding you of synchronicity, so you should seize the moment to cast your intention into the universe. Which I guess has been diluted to "make a wish," which seems exactly as effective.

But time measurement is completely arbitrary :psyduck:

Dissociative Donut
Oct 9, 2009

by Pragmatica

Corrode posted:

But time measurement is completely arbitrary :psyduck:

Nobody claimed it wasn't loving idiotic.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Can you accidentally wind up with a hideous tattoo?

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-41510293

Maybe.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

bulletsponge13 posted:

Thank you 😁😁

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bonster posted:

Maybe.

Is there any kind of fake tattoo that doesn't go on with water?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

there wolf posted:

You can draw with henna to get fake tattoos, but some people are allergic to henna (or some ingredient used in the dye) and get wicked scars from it.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

there wolf posted:

Yeah, air brush tattoos. Used to do them at fairgrounds etc back in my carny days

Bonster posted:

Maybe.

Uhh, I dunno if I would classify that as an "accident", but I would classify that guy as a dumbarse.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

There are fake tattoos these days that don't use water. I've put a few on my kids.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

that guy posted:

Two weeks later, the results of the blood test came through. It was clear.
The tattoo, however, isn't going anywhere. Ugly as it is, I'm keeping it - a permanent reminder to be less impetuous.

Heh.
My tats mean a lot to me, man. Like this one that says "don't get a tattoo here"

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

You can draw with henna to get fake tattoos, but some people are allergic to henna (or some ingredient used in the dye) and get wicked scars from it.

It's not real henna they're allergic to. That was a big scare involving fake "black henna" that was actually hair dye that is super irritating and caustic. Real henna is red-brown plant paste and doesn't do that.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Um... I hope he gets re-tested, doesn't hiv need around 6mo to gestate and appear as positive or something like that?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I think it's can take as long as six months. For all we know he might be on a PEP regimen and just not telling the world about it.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Sentient Data posted:

Um... I hope he gets re-tested, doesn't hiv need around 6mo to gestate and appear as positive or something like that?

There are now quicker methods (I was thinking the same thing), but the shortest I saw in my 15 second google search said it still took 10 days. How long was his vacation?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Cat Hatter posted:

There are now quicker methods (I was thinking the same thing), but the shortest I saw in my 15 second google search said it still took 10 days. How long was his vacation?

He lives in Delhi.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Bonster posted:

Maybe.

What an absolute loving wanker.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

hyperhazard posted:

He lives in Delhi.

Never mind then. I skimmed the article and got the impression he was a British dude on holiday. Wonder where the language barrier came from then?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Many ex-pats don't bother learning the language outside of ordering in restaurants snd communicating with cab drivers. Source: I know a lot of Canadian Snowbirds who live in Mexico 6 months a year and still don't speak Spanish.

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

nerve posted:

Boards of Canada...? I think?

That was my first thought as well. but how? They never had a logo like that, and there aren't enough letters. There has got to be more clever ways to promote that band in tattoo than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Dissociative Donut posted:

Nobody claimed it wasn't loving idiotic.

New Agers are the loving worst