Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

queeb posted:

i kind of like the idea SFO has with food where it gives a local/global recruit bonus for an abundance, +1 at the first level and +2 at the 2nd, recruiting 5 rats in one turn is dope

I really like SFO's new racial extermination mechanics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Magni posted:

Itza, in the middle of Lustria, is also 10-slot despite being currently owned by a minor Lizardmen faction.

Itza is the home of Lord Kroak, an undead Slann. 3rd Lizardman Legendary Lord?

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

MadJackMcJack posted:

Itza is the home of Lord Kroak, an undead Slann. 3rd Lizardman Legendary Lord?

He's not really undead. He just kinda died and his spirit is still chilling around his dead body.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm still hoping for Tenenhauin, but he's originally from Chaqua. Don't get me wrong, Kroak is 100% acceptable. I'd just love to see a lizardmen equivalent to Skarsnik's Crooked Moon. No sauruses allowed. :c00lbert: Plus, he ties in very nicely with most of the missing units like jungle swarms, salamanders, razordons, etc.

If they do Kroak, I hope they stick to his one spell and his spell tree just makes it more and more insanely powerful.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 8, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
dark elves rule

you can work your way up for peasant to lord and get a kick rear end last name

high elf lords are all frail and ill unless they have enough intrigue to lie about it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Safety Factor posted:

I'm still hoping for Tenenhauin, but he's originally from Chaqua. Don't get me wrong, Kroak is 100% acceptable. I'd just love to see a lizardmen equivalent to Skarsnik's Crooked Moon. No sauruses allowed. :c00lbert: Plus, he ties in very nicely with most of the missing units like jungle swarms, salamanders, razordons, etc.

If they do Kroak, I hope they stick to his one spell and his spell tree just makes it more and more insanely powerful.

well they could do 1 for the freelc, and another for the paid dlc

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Is there a mod yet for faster end of turn animations and if so will it mess up achievements

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

dark elves rule

you can work your way up for peasant to lord and get a kick rear end last name

high elf lords are all frail and ill unless they have enough intrigue to lie about it

On the other hand you can buy Mages with nearly 600 weapon strength and go Gandalf on Malekith's rear end (if he stops hiding like a baby).

Also Alistar is the secret 3rd HE LL and he is my friend.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Is there a mod yet for faster end of turn animations and if so will it mess up achievements
There's a button for Camera Settings in the top left of the screen. You will want to check that out.
Here's a mod that speeds up the end turn camera moving from place to place. Mods do not disable achievements.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Do multiple rubbish pits in different settlements of the same province stack their recruitment cost bonus? Or does just the biggest single bonus apply to the whole province?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

The Bramble posted:

Do multiple rubbish pits in different settlements of the same province stack their recruitment cost bonus? Or does just the biggest single bonus apply to the whole province?

They stack. It is awesome.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I'm glad that I'm bad enough at TW games that I keep getting my rear end kicked and having to start over by turn 20. Everyone is real unhappy about how the campaign plays out but I'm probably not going to see it any time soon and the early game is still plenty exciting!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

winegums posted:

The Old Ones are loving testing my patience...

9 turns to send a army to capture the top left settlement in the furthest wastelands from the darkelves? sounds fair.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Raygereio posted:

There's a button for Camera Settings in the top left of the screen. You will want to check that out.
Here's a mod that speeds up the end turn camera moving from place to place. Mods do not disable achievements.

thanks! I thought I'd clicked everywhere!

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

Safety Factor posted:

Glad I'm not the only one. Have him turbo buff skinks the way Skarsnik does goblins.

Also loosely related, I love how some of the icons for lizardmen tech tree are just actual GW figures made into icons.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Yeah, I'd rather have a LL that focuses on different troop types than yet another wizard.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

9 turns to send a army to capture the top left settlement in the furthest wastelands from the darkelves? sounds fair.

20 fragments though.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The ritual stuff is pretty fun if you pretend that foiling your opponents is important, on normal. You can afford to defend at home and still have a some offense against the other ritual-doers and the chaos stacks aren't overwhelming.

The real annoying thing about Chaps imo is how if that sack some minor settlement, your factional friends will jump the ruins like vultures.

Also, there should be ritual resource sharing. AI Malekith and Tyrion both love sniping resource sites that Morathi and Teclis could use, and you have no choice but to attack them or go without. Chaos sacked Vaul's Anvil in my Morathi game and even though I beat them back, Malekith stole the ruins so now I'm invading Lustria to get the site there at Tlaxtlan or whatever. I've gotta take my rage out on Mazdamundi cuz Mal is my only friend.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The real annoying thing about Chaps imo is how if that sack some minor settlement, your factional friends will jump the ruins like vultures.

Yeah this is what makes it annoying, I don't mind losing a settlement I guess but your allies will just grab that poo poo and then you have take it back or hope they lose it. There should be some sort of demand a territory diplomatic option and the option to give territory away as well.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Can the other faction of your race even do rituals? Fragments should just be shared between same-race playable factions and the required number boosted a bit to compensate. In the HE intro cutscene, Teclis goes to Lustria to help find shards, it doesn't make sense he can't actually share them with Tyrion if the latter is the one doing the ritual.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also, there should be ritual resource sharing. AI Malekith and Tyrion both love sniping resource sites that Morathi and Teclis could use, and you have no choice but to attack them or go without. Chaos sacked Vaul's Anvil in my Morathi game and even though I beat them back, Malekith stole the ruins so now I'm invading Lustria to get the site there at Tlaxtlan or whatever. I've gotta take my rage out on Mazdamundi cuz Mal is my only friend.

Wait, there isn't? I thought there must be because Mazdamundi is barely trailing behind me and I have 4 sites to his 1 and twice the territory as him, while Kroq-Gar has 2 or 3. Also Queek was down to 1 settlement and he wasn't that far behind everyone until he failed 2 rituals in a row, while Skrolk was steamrolling.

Maybe the AI gets it but you don't. I can't tell because my games Teclis was useless until I confederated him and fled Lustria like a whipped puppy.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Wafflecopper posted:

Can the other faction of your race even do rituals? Fragments should just be shared between same-race playable factions and the required number boosted a bit to compensate. In the HE intro cutscene, Teclis goes to Lustria to help find shards, it doesn't make sense he can't actually share them with Tyrion if the latter is the one doing the ritual.

This is how it works in co op(both players generate currency and then pool it together to do the rituals).
For single player only the players subfaction will do ritual stuff, same for AI who will only have 1 subfaction per race work on the ritual, like Clan Mors is the main ritual faction, but if they are wiped out or confederated then Clan Pestilance should take over the vortex business.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Yeah so in other words it's dumb and it should always work the way it does in co-op

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
So I may have just ended my Teclis game a bit earlier than I'd like to have, the spawns for the ritual intervention armies are basically guaranteed to blow up my economic heartland because I forgot they spawn and get movement points in the same turn, so theres no way I can intervene in time. Them razing 3-4 of those towns is going to cost me like 25-30 turns of progress as I restore my ability to maintain my armies, and I already feel really behind in this game (turn 160, took forever to get rolling as Teclis)

Pretty rough, always make a save BEFORE you hit the ritual buttons, friends.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Oct 9, 2017

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Is there anywhere not terrible I can read some of the lore? I can't get enough of anything about the Lizardmen, and want to know if Tyrion is actually crazy or just really really loves yelling.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://1d4chan.org if you think that warhammer lore is hamfisted and bad
https://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com if you think that 1d4chan is hamfisted and bad
http://whfb.lexicanum.com if you have to get a face chart to see what kind of emotions someone in front of you is displaying

Yukitsu
Oct 11, 2012

Snow=Yuki
Fox=Kitsune
Snow Fox=Yukitsu, ne?

Beamed posted:

Is there anywhere not terrible I can read some of the lore? I can't get enough of anything about the Lizardmen, and want to know if Tyrion is actually crazy or just really really loves yelling.

He's actually crazy due to the curse of Aenarion. He's as crazy and bloodthirsty as his brother is crippled and nerdy.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I think they need to take a look at Stormvermin. With all the upgrades, you are paying about 2.5x recruitment cost and 3x upkeep for a unit that only really gets 45 more armor, a bit more leadership, and armor piercing on the Halberd variant compared to Clan Rats. Like Mammon said, Clan Rats are a much better deal for Queek, they are very inexpensive and it is pretty easy to end up cranking out 9 veterancy ones that have quite decent leadership and some missile resistance. In contrast Stormvermin only get the option to upgrade +5 armor and skills that give them a bit of additional attack damage. But even with this their damage isn't that much higher than Clan Rats, and they are a smaller unit size.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

unwantedplatypus posted:

I really like SFO's new racial extermination mechanics

That guy isn't working on SFO anymore, fwiw. Some other dudes have taken over.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Well, finished my first game as Kroq'gar that I realised I set on Easy by accident, which I probably needed due to how terrible I am at the game :v:. Highlight of the game was my free dinos stack getting ambushed by a full Skaven stack and just eating them all :getin:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
ok, is there something weird with ambush chance? I'm watching the terrain marker, it says I have 100% chance to ambush, but i'm still getting caught instead of catching.

Yukitsu
Oct 11, 2012

Snow=Yuki
Fox=Kitsune
Snow Fox=Yukitsu, ne?

ok, is there something weird with ambush chance? I'm watching the terrain marker, it says I have 100% chance to ambush, but i'm still getting caught instead of catching.

There are some modifiers that reduce the ambush chance that the defender can rely on to avoid being ambushed. Agents, general level and some abilities and items all modify your ambush chance.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Can someone explain how friendly fire works in this one?

My archers don't seem to hurt my own guys the way they did in previous titles.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Lords get a blue skill that reduces the chance of getting ambushed. Followers and some stances also make it easier to spot ambushers.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Beamed posted:

the elf god of the forge vaul forged a shitload of swords and khaine did something to one (Widowmaker) that made it cursed as poo poo; it wound up on the world somehow and was cursed so that if it was drawn it'd gently caress up that person's brain and body and also their descendants to be both nuts and crippled

one of tyrion/teclis' ancestors drew it during the demon invasion that the vortex was created for and cursed their bloodline; the curse hosed them up pretty hard until the twins, where it was split - tyrion got the craziness and bloodlust and teclis was crippled

Magni posted:

So, we have a new meme army build. Let the Mad Max jokes begin. :perfect:

:sbahj:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

kidkissinger posted:

Can someone explain how friendly fire works in this one?

My archers don't seem to hurt my own guys the way they did in previous titles.

Most ranged weapons have a 'scatter' that causes them to deviate from their intended targets. Projectiles with splash can affect anything in the radius.

Skaven death wind globadiers, warp fire throwers and plagueclaw catapults melt plenty of my own guys.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Wafflecopper posted:

Yeah so in other words it's dumb and it should always work the way it does in co-op

The caveat to this is that ritual costs are also doubled in co-op, so the sharing really is required.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
I want to play Queek so bad, but I don't want to play Queek until Tomb Kings exist and Southlands is actually cool.

Maybe I should play Queek and sail over to Ulthuan or Naggarond and start a new Skaven colony.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Queek wrecks those Crusader factions though, that mostly take peasant units easy for Skaven to effectively fight. I've also found it easy to ally and trade with the current Vampire count placeholder factions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Panfilo posted:

Queek wrecks those Crusader factions though, that mostly take peasant units easy for Skaven to effectively fight. I've also found it easy to ally and trade with the current Vampire count placeholder factions.

I don't think he's really talking about Queek's start being excessively hard, he's just saying Southlands is boring without all the poo poo that's obviously planned to go in.