Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sarah in the TV show was way more sexualized. Cameron has been bitching about the Wonder Woman movie in interviews lately because it's too sexy or something, so that's probably his main problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

SCC's showrunner is involved in Cameron's new movie, afaik.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

Sarah in the TV show was way more sexualized. Cameron has been bitching about the Wonder Woman movie in interviews lately because it's too sexy or something, so that's probably his main problem.

He's still got his anus pluckered over the Aquaman movie.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

esperterra posted:

I miss Duckman.

Duckman was great but that's a show that can never, ever come back because an angry white dude ranting and raving about political correctness gone mad just isn't as funny in a world where our president is also an orange man with weird hair who is perpetually angry about perceived slights.

Mu Zeta posted:

Cameron getting really self-righteous about Wonder Woman being sexualized is pretty rich considering his fetish for muscular women runs so deep that artists who worked on Avatar talked about him constantly tweaking their designs for the Navi to make the women "sexier" by being taller and more muscular. Even better that he managed to spin it as him being just so gosh darn progressive and enlightened by having characters who are "empowered".

With all the men being outed in Hollywood right now I wouldn't be surprised at all if tomorrow Linda Hamilton came forward and said he made her let him gently caress her biceps during the filming of T2 or whatever.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

lelandjs posted:

People act like this is a weird thing but people eat pizza with ranch or blue cheese dressing all the time. poo poo, I was eating my crusts with blue cheese dressing earlier this afternoon, and I’ve been known to dip slices of trash pizza like Dominos or Pizza Hut in ranch.

Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it.

As far as I see none of those things are kebab sauce and are therefore disgusting and inferior pizza toppings. :colbert::sweden:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Guy Mann posted:

Cameron getting really self-righteous about Wonder Woman being sexualized is pretty rich considering his fetish for muscular women runs so deep that artists who worked on Avatar talked about him constantly tweaking their designs for the Navi to make the women "sexier" by being taller and more muscular. Even better that he managed to spin it as him being just so gosh darn progressive and enlightened by having characters who are "empowered".

With all the men being outed in Hollywood right now I wouldn't be surprised at all if tomorrow Linda Hamilton came forward and said he made her let him gently caress her biceps during the filming of T2 or whatever.

I believe he is on record as saying that his giant sexy blue cat people be "fuckable."

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Ranch is the worst "topping" for anything, and anyone who puts ranch on a pizza deserves to be executed for high crimes against humanity.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Couch Chat: Pizza? More like Skeetza

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh right, this is the Couch Chat thread. Whoops.

Uh... has anyone gone back and watched Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place recently ? I can't imagine it's much good but I feel like anything starring Ryan Reynods and Nathan Fillian has to be at least somewhat watchable.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

lelandjs posted:

Oh right, this is the Couch Chat thread. Whoops.

Uh... has anyone gone back and watched Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place recently ? I can't imagine it's much good but I feel like anything starring Ryan Reynods and Nathan Fillian has to be at least somewhat watchable.

That also reminded me that Shasta McNasty existed at some point for some reason.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The TV version of yellow sunglasses

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Iron Crowned posted:

That also reminded me that Shasta McNasty existed at some point for some reason.

Look, UPN needed a time slot partner for established hit Dilbert, and the kids were big into rap-rock in '99...it just made sense.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Wheat Loaf posted:

On a scale of George Lucas to George Miller, how many Ridley Scotts do we suppose James Cameron's forthcoming triumphant return to the Terminator franchise is going to score? I'm expecting he will score a Steven Spielberg at best.

i'm going to go out on a limb and say that Cameron returning to Terminator will go over about as well as Scott returning to Alien went.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Argus Zant posted:

i'm going to go out on a limb and say that Cameron returning to Terminator will go over about as well as Scott returning to Alien went.
Harsh, but fair.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Guy Mann posted:

Duckman was great but that's a show that can never, ever come back because an angry white dude ranting and raving about political correctness gone mad just isn't as funny in a world where our president is also an orange man with weird hair who is perpetually angry about perceived slights.

Sad but true.

America, once you get rid of Trump bring back Duckman after a reasonable grace period tia

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

esperterra posted:

Sad but true.

America, once you get rid of Trump bring back Duckman after a reasonable grace period tia

If we do, it'll probably be voiced by Seth Macfarlane.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

... I take it back.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

With Harvey Weinstein's full ouster from TWC they've started taking the step of removing his name from the credits of any TV shows he produced. Also according to Deadline they're thinking about rebranding the company with a completely different name.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Thinking about rebranding? Nah, that was top of mind all along or it should have been.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

But his brother Bob Weinstein is the other founder of the company. He ain't changing the name.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Josh Lyman posted:

Thinking about rebranding? Nah, that was top of mind all along or it should have been.

I hear a very famous former feetballsman and actor with tremendous name recognition is recently available.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Hm. Okay. So I didn't like The Flash all that much when I watched it, nor Supergirl. Too much soap opera drama, too much tonal whiplash. But I've heard that Legends of Tomorrow actually got decent after its first season, though I was skeptical because that first season previews looked so bad and got such poor reviews. But then I just watched the season 3 trailer out of curiosity and it looks pretty darn fun in a Raimi Hercules/Xena kind of way.

Is that the case? Is there anyone who can't get behind Flash/Supergirl who is into Legends of Tomorrow now for these same reasons?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

muscles like this! posted:

With Harvey Weinstein's full ouster from TWC they've started taking the step of removing his name from the credits of any TV shows he produced. Also according to Deadline they're thinking about rebranding the company with a completely different name.

Replace Harvey Weinstein with Harvey Firestein.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

feedmyleg posted:

Hm. Okay. So I didn't like The Flash all that much when I watched it, nor Supergirl. Too much soap opera drama, too much tonal whiplash. But I've heard that Legends of Tomorrow actually got decent after its first season, though I was skeptical because that first season previews looked so bad and got such poor reviews. But then I just watched the season 3 trailer out of curiosity and it looks pretty darn fun in a Raimi Hercules/Xena kind of way.

Is that the case? Is there anyone who can't get behind Flash/Supergirl who is into Legends of Tomorrow now for these same reasons?

Legends s2 is basically in on the joke that they are all morons. It's still bad, but in a stupid fun way. It's not as good as Hercules / Xena

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

feedmyleg posted:

Nobody that likes that show likes it because it's good. They like it because of how bad it is.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Mann posted:

Replace Harvey Weinstein with Harvey Firestein.

When the news broke I was at a bar and the tv subtitles said Firestein and I was so confused.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

feedmyleg posted:

It's almost Gotham levels of "got a lot better when they stopped taking themselves seriously and just went with it." Maybe that's your kind of jam, maybe it won't click for you, but that S3 sizzle reel you linked does not seem dissonant with the other things we've been hearing about this season (and what we saw in S2 which really leaned into the "well-meaning screw-ups" thing) so if that catches your attention give it a shot.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

IRQ posted:

If we do, it'll probably be voiced by Seth Macfarlane.

Hey, if they could get the voice cast back together for Rocko's Modern Life, surely they can pull Jason Alexander out of wherever the gently caress he is these days for Duckman.

feedmyleg posted:

Don't be mistaken, Legends is trash. But it knows it's trash and revels in it, and that's what makes it enjoyable. If you're looking for something on the level of the '90s syndication heyday, then it should scratch that itch for you.

raditts fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Oct 10, 2017

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

You should also watch the two Legend of the Seeker seasons if you haven't already, to help with you Xena/Hercules rash.

Then fall in love with Bridget Regan ...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

You should also watch the two Legend of the Seeker seasons if you haven't already, to help with you Xena/Hercules rash.

Then fall in love with Bridget Regan ...

I'll fight you.

Tabrett Bethell has been my go to crush of the century,

Dear Diary, i used to go and watch a football team i hated because she was a cheerleader. Imagine my surprise and delight when i tuned into the Legend of the Seeker.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

I'll fight you.

Tabrett Bethell has been my go to crush of the century,

Dear Diary, i used to go and watch a football team i hated because she was a cheerleader. Imagine my surprise and delight when i tuned into the Legend of the Seeker.

They're both amazing, no fight needed. In fact it's win/win!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A custom-designed insulated bodysuit filled with chili for the purposes of sneaking it into a hockey game & selling it in secret.

And now he's selling it by squeezing it into people's cups from underneath his jacket ahahahahahaha

Goddamn I love this stupid show so much :allears:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I fully lost it with the cheese grater baseball cap.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Type of pacemaker you have?"
"I think it's...uhh...Sony?"

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Finally finished Apple Tree Yard. It's 4 episodes, 1 hour each. It's not perfect, as I don't think it properly explores some of its themes and issues, but it's very good and the performances are exquisite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A44ltN_rXNg

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I love Emily Watson, why did I not know about this. Thanks!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

esperterra posted:

I love Emily Watson, why did I not know about this. Thanks!
Sherlock fans thought it was a secret 4th episode for the most recent season.

Really.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Josh Lyman posted:

Sherlock fans thought it was a secret 4th episode for the most recent season.

Really.

Sherlock fans thought Sherlock was good so really nothing would surprise me.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_JYkP6JotQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
In case you guys were wondering what I thought of The Good Doctor...

• Locked thread