Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Saw a guy just peace out right through a stale red light yesterday. He realized halfway through, came almost to a stop in the middle of the intersection, and then gunned it. How do these people get licenses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

dee eight posted:

You forgot tootle them melodiously.

I only do that when jumping rivers and cop cars.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Protocol7 posted:

Had a guy honk at me for slowing down when an upcoming light turned yellow.

He ran through the red.

Sorry for following the law dude.

Lay on the horn the entire time he’s passing you and blowing the red to warn cross traffic.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Colostomy Bag posted:

I only do that when jumping rivers and cop cars.

Ah hell I got the quote wrong:

A warning to motorists in Tokyo: "When a passenger of the foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet at him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage, then tootle him with vigor.".

Manta
Jul 22, 2007

I was driving in the right most lane of 3 lanes a normal following distance from the car in front of me at about 5 under due to traffic conditions. All the other cars going around doing same speed.

Someone in a lifted Ram 2500 starts tailgating me and after like 30 seconds starts flashing their high beams at me. After a while they angrily pass me (swerving between lanes without signaling).

What ... what did you expect me to do?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nothing, you're just the unfortunate that happened to be nearby when he blew a gasket.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

dee eight posted:

Ah hell I got the quote wrong:

A warning to motorists in Tokyo: "When a passenger of the foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet at him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage, then tootle him with vigor.".

I'm going to go home and tootle my fiance with vigor. :pervert:

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

Dave Inc. posted:

I'm going to go home and tootle my fiance with vigor. :pervert:

Honk if you're horny.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Platystemon posted:

Lay on the horn the entire time he’s passing you and blowing the red to warn cross traffic.

I did honk back. It was just a Hyundai Santa Fe too, not a stereotypical BMW or Merc driver.

But I'll keep that in mind next time so hopefully the rear end in a top hat doesn't cause any wrecks.

Macichne Leainig fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 10, 2017

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

sleepy.eyes posted:

I just have several modes of horn:

Pay attention beep.

Really, pay some loving attention series​ of beeps.

Jesus loving Christ honk.

Full-blown rage/fear blaring.

You forgot the fast honk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KigFRmr8qM

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I honked at someone yesterday for deciding to slow down to a stop and turn right from the middle lane at an intersection with a green light and a right-turn only lane immediately beside us.

The intersection before this I was also behind them, and we were both turning right. I entered the right-turn only lane, they turned from the middle lane.

Both times they had their signal on well in advance, both times they turned right from the middle lane.

I feel no shame in the "you're a dipshit" honk.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Driving amongst taxis in Manhattan, I noticed the drivers all had different ways of honking the horn. It was like echolocation with a variable vernacular of urgency. It was like listening to a beautiful language made from annoying noise.

Outside of the city, I hate horns.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
My dad's truck blew a transmission line and we were getting a flatbed from AAA. As the flatbed is backing up to the truck, some crazy bitch swings in behind the truck as it is backing up about a foot from the back of the flatbed. I yelled both to warn the truck driver, who thankfully stopped without crunching the A-pillar of the car, and at the sheer idiocy of the car driver. She clears the truck, screeches to a halt in the parking lot, and then proceeds to yell at me out the window "What the gently caress is your problem dude, is that how you talk to a lady?!"

:smuggo: "I don't see any loving ladies you crazy bitch"

The best part was after she got out of the car, she continued to yell at me and took a couple steps towards me with raised fists like she was going to kick my rear end. I yelled "C'mon, you wanna have a go?" with my arms out, at which point she reconsidered and went into the cafe where my dad and I'd just had breakfast to get her sandwich. Yelled at me some more on the way to her car, just flipped her the finger and told her to get the gently caress on.

loving crazy people. Don't get all hoity-toity when you get called out for doing something incredibly stupid.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Nobody was right in that story. Except maybe the truck driver :smith:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

the song is great too

https://soundcloud.com/leiwaan/fast-honk

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Nobody was right in that story. Except maybe the truck driver :smith:

Maybe so but it felt great to chew her rear end out like she'd clearly never had happen before. The entitlement complex and compete lack of humility or acknowledgment of any wrongdoing was staggering.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

iospace posted:

Someone doesn't understand physics.

You’re right about that.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Beach Bum posted:

Maybe so but it felt great to chew her rear end out like she'd clearly never had happen before. The entitlement complex and compete lack of humility or acknowledgment of any wrongdoing was staggering.

I assure you she didn't learn anything from the confrontation.

Don't get stabbed/shot over traffic conflicts.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Beach Bum posted:

"It felt great to abuse women with gendered slurs"

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

carry on then posted:

Well the real world isn't Tumblr, and when people get upset, they curse.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

carry on then posted:

:qq:

The Ferret King posted:

the real world isn't Tumblr

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Don't you dare slippery slope that, either. I'm on to you.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

carry on then posted:

Yeah, what kind of a dickhead does that? :rolleyes:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
There's a dog-bone double roundabout on my way to where I was going, and some idiot stopped completely in the circle where the people coming off the highway enter. I held my horn down the entire time until he decided to start moving again.

How the gently caress do people mess up roundabouts so badly?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

The Ferret King posted:

Well the real world isn't Tumblr, and when people get upset, they curse.

lmao i bet you don't understand why it's bad to use the n-word in real life too

carry on then fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 10, 2017

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

carry on then posted:

Shut up, you penis.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

carry on then posted:

Called it already. You're late.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

carry on then posted:

Lmao of all the hills you choose to die on, you pick that one. You could have just called me an rear end in a top hat like Metal Geir Skogul (indirectly but correctly) did but nooooo.

I'm sure you've never called anyone a dick, have you :jerkbag:

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

spog posted:

Shut up, you penis.

:awesome: Gendered slur alert. :awesome:

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
An idiot in a wrx went too fast up the street behind my house in the wet. Their car is currently resting against the fence of a house with a decent amount of damage after taking out the garden bed as well. No photos as I heard it and then had to leave shortly after.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

How dare you assume their intelligence!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

carry on then posted:

Narcissist?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

carry on then posted:

Please read my custom title, it applies to you.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Had to go run some errands a little bit ago. As I'm going down the road, some jackwagon pulls a no signal left turn across in front of me. Whatever, no harm no foul.

He then continues in a full circle and nearly T-bones me in an effort to finish his middle of the intersection unsignaled, ill-advised U-Turn with someone present in the space he needed open to complete it successfully, so I had to come to a full stop so we didn't collide because he was not going to to miss finishing this right here, right now and had readjusted course to come out ahead of me. He then, of course, went 5 under for the next two miles in a no-passing zone.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Coming home from work today I was in the left (inside lane) of two left turn lanes. Guy on my right (outside lane) made a U-turn in front of me like I wasn't even there. We were 4th or 5th in line at the light too, I have no idea what he was thinking.

Me in the red, dumbass in the green:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

sleepy.eyes posted:

Pay attention beep.

Cubs win the World Series : lay on the air horn for like 5 seconds, then several toots for another 10. Sorry, not sorry, middle of nowhere Mississippi.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

PCOS Bill posted:

Had to go run some errands a little bit ago. As I'm going down the road, some jackwagon pulls a no signal left turn across in front of me. Whatever, no harm no foul.

He then continues in a full circle and nearly T-bones me in an effort to finish his middle of the intersection unsignaled, ill-advised U-Turn with someone present in the space he needed open to complete it successfully, so I had to come to a full stop so we didn't collide because he was not going to to miss finishing this right here, right now and had readjusted course to come out ahead of me. He then, of course, went 5 under for the next two miles in a no-passing zone.

Do you ever have a day where everyone follows the rules of the road?

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Why get a Smart when there are dozens of modern, safe commuter car models on CL for less than $1-3k?

The only reason to get one, and the EV is far superior to the 3cyl slug, is if your business has you making service calls in a city where the ability to park anywhere is an asset.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

um excuse me posted:

I believe the only proper horn is during emergencies in which you must let others know of your location/presence.

It isn't a tool to replace your vocal cords as a means to yell at other drivers. The only exception is to let people know to pay attention to lights. If people start going around stationary drivers it creates worse situations.

People ignore horns in every major city and it can be a real issue in a serious situation. I'd rather not have it spread.

In India it's a greeting. Continuous honking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

sleepy.eyes posted:

Pay attention beep.

The one we're all missing is the "no, not you directly in front of me, but the fuckhead at the front of the line" horn. There are some times where the person directly in front of you clearly isn't causing the problem, but a horn is still necessary to get the message across to the person who is causing the problem and the second place won't do it themselves.