Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Toops posted:

F-

Please see me after class. You have not been reading your textbook and your homework is two weeks late.

he wants to make movies, how does he not know how to use special loving effects

you can fire the thrusters but just make it look continuous, but no we gotta use the cool physics instead of the working physics because ???

this explains so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I remember, a long time ago, having some friends come over to play Jet Set Radio on my Dreamcast (best fighting game console ever) the day the game came out. And one of them mentioned just how much work must have been to animate all those freaking sprites on every angle possible.

The thing is, had Chris Roberts been making games at that moment, he would certainly have rotoscoped a bunch of dudes skating from all angles to spend a couple of years making a few gigabytes of sprites. (And then he would have, like, layered physics and a game on top of that.)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I am irl shadow of waring the fire right now

like I just walked up to some fire and was like SUFFER ME NOW and its like whoa and got me a burrito

I'm named him Flamey of the Taken Burrito and have equipped him with several pieces of legendary gear I got from loot boxes dumped along along the 91 freeway as residents fled in fear

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?
Interestingly enough the star map & system maps in Elite: Dangerous got a lot worse to deal with in VR. I was able to map my HOTAS to make it work, but the galaxy map works a hell of a lot better on a standard 2d monitor. Flying in Elite with the Rift is cool. Lately I've actually been using that multi-crew thing to fly fighters on other players ships and flying those fighters in VR is freaking awesome. However went to the newly discovered INRA base and tried driving in VR on the surface of the planet and..well...I think I need a better GPU for that.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
all jokes aside, this is a really, really bad loving fire and its not in some remote part of orange county

this poo poo is turning the skies into a hellscape above loving disneyland
https://twitter.com/followm2followu/status/917508001707282433
my nephew had to evac from his school, the college a few blocks away closed classes for the next two days and right now 6,000 acres have burned in less than 12 loving hours

there's 1,000 fire fighters on top of this poo poo right now, but less than 5% containment and thousands of homes are going to be threatened by tomorrow morning

the winds are whipping through at 40mph (or about the average cruising speed of a roberts brand spaceship) and the fire is now spreading in two opposite directions

like normally poo poo burns down around here and its like meh, another loving fire, but this is loving massive and scary

anyway I will continue drinking and live reporting about more important issues, such as star citizen or DOS2 or SoW, if I have power n stuff tomorrow

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
r/starcitizen_refunds: List of professional game devs with bad things to say about Star Citizen

Yo2Momma posted:

I've found that authority is one of the strongest factors surrounding belief or doubt in Star Citizen. Perhaps unsurprisingly. People gave money because they believed in space game rockstar Roberts. They doubted Derek Smart because of his bad reputation. And as a layman I've generally had poor luck trying to reason with believers through separate evidence and self-constructed arguments.

It's just easier to listen to the simple verdict of an authority figure.

With this thread as basis, I was directed to check Derek's Facebook page for such authoritative statements. It's an oft repeated line that the game dev community is tiny, with everyone knowing everyone, so even someone like Derek has plenty of pros on his Friend list.

I intend to dig them and their anti-SC sentiments up and link them in this thread. A big undertaking, not done in a jiffy, so I suspect I'll be coming back to edit this thread over time. Then link back to it from elsewhere as needed.

Oh, and don't worry about me digging through somewhat personal stuff. I got permission from the mods, and Derek himself, surprisingly.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
*gooooodddaaaaaamnnnn.gif*

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

No one cares about some fire in your area including this this thread and the rest of America

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Mirificus posted:

...the best link ever.

Give this goon a gold star. :)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

No one cares about some fire in your area including this this thread and the rest of America
lets rub!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

great photo of impending doom, but that is some #annoying #hashtag #use

what are fires like in america? we have really bad bushfires here in south australia, poo poo runs rampant. hope you are out of the danger zone

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

No one cares what you think, including this thread and the rest of America

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

alf_pogs posted:

what are fires like in america? we have really bad bushfires here in south australia, poo poo runs rampant. hope you are out of the danger zone

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

alf_pogs posted:

this about sums it up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfKKBDFCiIA

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Thoatse posted:

No one cares what you think, including this thread and the rest of America

Anybody cares what I think?

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Not enough fidelity in that fire.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
Oh yeah? And how many "persons of author-a-tay" wrote and said back in a 2016 that a certain female-genitalia-grabbing racist would never become President of the USA?

Checkmate, you filthy-leaver-refunders-doubters-Derek-Smart-lovers.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

toanoradian posted:

Anybody cares what I think?

Your parents, you should call them, they raised you with love and care and would probably like to hear what you're up to these days

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Thoatse posted:

Your parents, you should call them, they raised you with love and care and would probably like to hear what you're up to these days

Jokes on you, I live with my parents and we almost always had dinner together.

So I know they don't care either. Hah! Also, all my grandparents are dead.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

did my bit to destroy pc gaming by preordering this :smug:

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

Interestingly enough the star map & system maps in Elite: Dangerous got a lot worse to deal with in VR. I was able to map my HOTAS to make it work, but the galaxy map works a hell of a lot better on a standard 2d monitor. Flying in Elite with the Rift is cool. Lately I've actually been using that multi-crew thing to fly fighters on other players ships and flying those fighters in VR is freaking awesome. However went to the newly discovered INRA base and tried driving in VR on the surface of the planet and..well...I think I need a better GPU for that.

The last patch made using the galaxy map in vr a lot better, even when using the mouse. And there is a setting under graphics called something like "horizon lock," I forget the exact wording, but it makes driving not complete poo poo.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

kilus aof posted:

Not enough fidelity in that fire.

looks pretty good for a morrowind mod

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shadow of War is really good for generating new rowdy boys to get into tussles with, I already have like six large adult sons I love and adore

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/OnlineOrigine/status/917596728378793984

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Thoatse posted:

These posts always remind me that my mother is a cruel sociopath who only feels joy when she brings others misery and then I get a little sad.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Arms_Akimbo posted:

These posts always remind me that my mother is a cruel sociopath who only feels joy when she brings others misery and then I get a little sad.

Call her anyway, show her you're stronger.

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

GOD DAMNIT THIS GAME HAS LOOT BOXES

I will wait till it's discounted.

Cancelled my preorder due to all the microtransaction fuckery.

Warner Bros :arghfist:

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Nice touch with the ambient light

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

sky in sunglasses does not match sky in background. marked as not approved

Richie Stardust
Mar 30, 2016

TheAgent posted:

all jokes aside, this is a really, really bad loving fire and its not in some remote part of orange county

this poo poo is turning the skies into a hellscape above loving disneyland
https://twitter.com/followm2followu/status/917508001707282433
my nephew had to evac from his school, the college a few blocks away closed classes for the next two days and right now 6,000 acres have burned in less than 12 loving hours

there's 1,000 fire fighters on top of this poo poo right now, but less than 5% containment and thousands of homes are going to be threatened by tomorrow morning

the winds are whipping through at 40mph (or about the average cruising speed of a roberts brand spaceship) and the fire is now spreading in two opposite directions

like normally poo poo burns down around here and its like meh, another loving fire, but this is loving massive and scary

anyway I will continue drinking and live reporting about more important issues, such as star citizen or DOS2 or SoW, if I have power n stuff tomorrow

It's like us coon-asses with hurricanes. I've been stuck in a bad one before so I evacuate the family every time, but almost 100% of my friends and family just stay and ride them out, because meh, another loving hurricane. .but every now and then it's a Harvey or Katrina. I hope your people and your animals and your poo poo makes it. Good luck, commando.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Out of interest: where does that doped Crobberts pic with the bong actually come from?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

thatguy posted:

New leak from the guy who leaked the other stuff. Looks like he's successfully removed the watermark with a neato filter as well as blurred the names. This leads me to believe we should expect more/longer leaks in the future.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-wMcs-2lbQ

Good ship. Nice bugs.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

tuo posted:

Out of interest: where does that doped Crobberts pic with the bong actually come from?

Allegedly it was a hookah at Gamescom 2013.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/2k3wj2/glass_blown_sc_fan_art/clicwz3/

Edit: better source https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/1z94z2/chris_roberts_smoking_space_weed/cfrt49k/

Abuminable fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Oct 10, 2017

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Ugh, these people clearly don't understand game development. :rolleyes:

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Richie Stardust posted:

It's like us coon-asses with hurricanes. I've been stuck in a bad one before so I evacuate the family every time, but almost 100% of my friends and family just stay and ride them out, because meh, another loving hurricane. .but every now and then it's a Harvey or Katrina. I hope your people and your animals and your poo poo makes it. Good luck, commando.

What is a 'coon-asses'? That only means super racist things to me.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheAgent posted:

I am irl shadow of waring the fire right now

like I just walked up to some fire and was like SUFFER ME NOW and its like whoa and got me a burrito

I'm named him Flamey of the Taken Burrito and have equipped him with several pieces of legendary gear I got from loot boxes dumped along along the 91 freeway as residents fled in fear

Stay safe drinking ghost. Seriously, fire is a scary bitch. I absolutely do not miss that part of living in California at all.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Sillybones posted:

What is a 'coon-asses'? That only means super racist things to me.

I think he is saying that he and his family are raccoons. I've seen them, I would believe them smart enough to operate computers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's an old term for Cajuns that falls somewhere between "We reclaimed this and it's a badge of pride now" and "Dude you know that's an ethnic slur right, what the gently caress?" depending on the person you say it to, and whether or not you're Cajun yourself.