Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I bet Capcom won't gently caress it up

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I laughed after I typed that too but I'm trying to be positive

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

whichever format they go with I bet Capcom won't gently caress it up since the remaster and re7 did so well

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

oh man lol

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

started REmake tonight. realized I was playing on hard. about 15 min after my 2nd save, I got killed by forest on the balcony

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

REmake is so good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I need to play that but I've been seriously falling in love with Siren so it may be a while

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

started REmake tonight. realized I was playing on hard. about 15 min after my 2nd save, I got killed by forest on the balcony

Finished up Resident Evil 2 Leon B tonight. about 10 minutes after my 2nd save, I killed the final boss and completed the game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Finished up Resident Evil 2 Leon B tonight. about 10 minutes after my 2nd save, I killed the final boss and completed the game

you only saved twice? hardcore

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

you only saved twice? hardcore

yeah....

But RE2 is really easy and forgiving on normal. I need to find out which versions have harder difficulties because I played the PSX one which only has normal/easy

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Teenage me tried really hard to do a 1 save run of RE3 but I dont think I ever managed it. I could probably do it now

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Teenage me tried really hard to do a 1 save run of RE3 but I dont think I ever managed it. I could probably do it now

RE2 no saves seems really simple, I want to do Leon A Claire B no save but I might move on to RE3

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

pretty sweet, nice job. I can't wait to get back into REmake tonight and not gently caress up

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

REmake is so good

It's very good but I haven't played it in a long time. Might need to change that soon...

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
I see people talkin about Siren but where is the love for Clock Tower, or better yet, Haunting Ground?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Anyone who says anything good about this game is a total rear end in a top hat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I knew there was a thread around for these. Ive been playing REmake as the first classic style RE that Ive gotten into and i friggin love this game, except for one mega annoying thing I found out after like 5 hours in my file, that ive been playing on Easy because I didn't understand what the difficulty selections were at the start. But i think Im pretty close to the end (i finished up the basement under the waterfall and have both of the emblems to go behind the gate that i assume leads to the lab) and I wanna replay it as Jill on Normal ASAP. I've also got some travel coming up and have RE2/3 on my vita to play through next.

Is RE0 cool? its the only other tank control style game I know of but also know nothign about.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

In Training posted:

I knew there was a thread around for these. Ive been playing REmake as the first classic style RE that Ive gotten into and i friggin love this game, except for one mega annoying thing I found out after like 5 hours in my file, that ive been playing on Easy because I didn't understand what the difficulty selections were at the start. But i think Im pretty close to the end (i finished up the basement under the waterfall and have both of the emblems to go behind the gate that i assume leads to the lab) and I wanna replay it as Jill on Normal ASAP. I've also got some travel coming up and have RE2/3 on my vita to play through next.

Is RE0 cool? its the only other tank control style game I know of but also know nothign about.

I think zero is really cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Orville posted:

I think zero is really cool

its on sale on ps4 for 8 bucks, i may pick it up.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

since the difficulty just changes the Combat Difficulty and thats kind of in the background to the core of this game imo i dont think its a big deal. hard adds extra enemies everywhere and gives you less stuff, but depending on what you want out of the experience that could be great or just kind of annoying.

also the 3 difficulties are Normal/Easy/Very Easy and Easy is 'normal' by most standards, weird difficulty names ftw

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

the same exact thing easy mode thing happened to me when i played through REmake, and i posted about it in this exact thread. They should name the difficulties correctly

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Japan thinks we're retarded

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Its your fault for not being friggin hiking enthusiasts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hiking is the one I picked, which is easy.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

Hiking is the one I picked, which is easy.

Oh yah it's Mountain Climb/Hiking/Walk isn't it.

0 Is really cool and has a lot going for it. It's the best looking of all the classic RE games because they were able to rerender all the assets when they did the rerelease. It has some of my favorite puzzles in the series too. Sometimes the two character system is clunky and more difficult then it needs to be though.

Billy is cool...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Oh yah it's Mountain Climb/Hiking/Walk isn't it.

0 Is really cool and has a lot going for it. It's the best looking of all the classic RE games because they were able to rerender all the assets when they did the rerelease. It has some of my favorite puzzles in the series too. Sometimes the two character system is clunky and more difficult then it needs to be though.

Billy is cool...

I looked around online and it seems like they reused the Hard/Normal/Easy text from the GC version but made it Normal/Easy/Very Easy without changing it so it looks misleading. It's ok though, I dont mind having an excuse to play it again.

I'm gonna finish it this morning I think and then start over with Normal Jill, and then try to do a Samurai Edge run.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Oh! There's servers still running for Outbreak File 1 and 2 but even playing with friends I don't think I like the games a ton compared to regular singleplayer resident evil. The puzzles are simpler but map layouts super crazy and you're under constant time pressure before you turn into a zombie and get to shuffle menacingly at your buds for a bit and fail the scenario.

The controls are just too rough and it takes so much time to do anything.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finished Chris today and got Ending 5. Started again on Jill Normal and shooting for a sub 5 hour time.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

When you guys played the og trilogy for the first time did you ever kill normal zombies or did you always just run past them? I was scared of not having enough ammo for bosses so I ran by everything I could when I first played REmake and I felt like I was cheesing the game.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

fadam posted:

When you guys played the og trilogy for the first time did you ever kill normal zombies or did you always just run past them? I was scared of not having enough ammo for bosses so I ran by everything I could when I first played REmake and I felt like I was cheesing the game.

Its survival horror, not kill everything horror. You did nothing wrong.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first time I played REmake I tried to kill everything but then I didn't know why there were crimsonheads everywhere. Now if I need to shoot something I put a round or three in them until they stagger so I can run past them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also it's odd that Jill doesn't fight Plant 42. That's a fun encounter, I was looking forward to unloading some incendiary rounds on em

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

Also it's odd that Jill doesn't fight Plant 42. That's a fun encounter, I was looking forward to unloading some incendiary rounds on em

This post made me realize that I"ve never actually played as Chris. It feels wrong somehow.. like in my mind Jill is the singular main character of RE1 and Chris is just supporting cast, like Barry

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Normal with only 6 slots would be a pain in the rear end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training im gonna finish this game again now. its all I want to play. When I finish this I may roll right onto RE2.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Jill is the sorta easier mode so she skips some of the encounters or has ways to get around puzzles or item requirements.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I recommend doing Zero so you can see Rebecca's Very Long No Good Night. It's kinda ridiculous she goes through all of that game and that still has to do everything in the mansion without getting any rest.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat Normal with Jill, 3:41:27, 17 health items used. I think Im gonna start RE2 tonight, im hooked. Also Real Survival mode sounds absolutely miserable.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

I beat Normal with Jill, 3:41:27, 17 health items used. I think Im gonna start RE2 tonight, im hooked. Also Real Survival mode sounds absolutely miserable.

i did the same exact thing, went all the way through RE3 even. RE2 is incredible. if REmake 2 was out and it was just the same thing as REmake but with 2 it would be the better game. enjoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I thought for sure there was a way for Jill to fight plant 42? maybe I'm thinking of the original RE

• Locked thread