Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
How much time has passed, roughly? It sounds like a couple days. I also figure Vault knows Red killed Magpie at this point. Also assuming harm 6:00.

For a gig, I was thinking Vault did some steeplejacking - climbed an old partly collapsed building in order to retrieve parts for antennas, generators, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

couple days to a week sounds good. Vault, want to call that Doing Honest Work? Take your 3-barter and tell me who wanted an entire building looted so badly.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Are we going to stick with four or pick up another?

Also I just want to say, I'm really digging this game.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Let's play this session with four. If there's anyone still following this OOC thread that originally applied, let me know if you're still interested and maybe I'll get you slotted in for session 3!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I'm a little confused about location and situation right now. Is there a time discontinuance from the end of what I posted?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Yeah, been a few days. seems like Makepiece tracked you back and brought goons?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sure.

I think I may have been unclear or slightly confused from the prompt. The way I had it structured was that Vault did the job for Tower and hosed up the Greenhousers, then had decamped to the Pent. The bit about Crowbar and Sickle being there, cleaning their gear and making breakfast, was in my head right up to the moment of session start.

So I just wanted to be sure I was still at the Pent, and if Crowbar and Sickle were still there/what were they doing.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh, gotcha. Figure Crowbar and Sickle are still there, doing their thing, but it's not exactly as you described. Take your description as a typical day, and this was a typical day, with the exception of you sleeping late, and whatever the hell is about to happen.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Cool, I follow. I'll get a post up in a while.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Since several folks have now seen SeaDee without her hood-mask, the Oath-marks look like these:

Except she only has three small vertical hatches on her cheek.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

So let's say I try to circle around these Church fuckers without them noticing, using various broken cars and other detritus to avoid being seen. Can I just do it or do I gotta roll for that (and if the latter, I get my +1 from Read a Sitch, yeah? And what move is that?)

Haven't fully decided on my approach here but this'll help me decide.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Act Under Fire

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Previously established that Sickle was messing around on the floor below where I was, figure that's where both Crowbar and Sickle are sleeping. So I'm going to head downstairs and try to meet up with them. Trying to do it quick but quiet.

Should I roll anything to go along with that?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

choose any 2: quick, quiet, no Act Under Fire roll

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Let's go with quick.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

and?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

And no AUF, oops.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Man, the eternal question when playing Apocalypse World: 'How badly do I gently caress up this situation'?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Maybe not the done question to ask after a +weird roll, but am I conscious, back to normal, and hearing my actual broadcast now?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

PoultryGeist posted:

Man, the eternal question when playing Apocalypse World: 'How badly do I gently caress up this situation'?

Always gently caress things up imo

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sometimes you have to do the right thing now, in order to lay the foundation of a truly epic gently caress up later.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Maybe not the done question to ask after a +weird roll, but am I conscious, back to normal, and hearing my actual broadcast now?

You hear only the end of whatever preacher Mark is saying, you're back in your seat. No broadcast.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

Let's play this session with four. If there's anyone still following this OOC thread that originally applied, let me know if you're still interested and maybe I'll get you slotted in for session 3!

can someone who may or may not have been banned during the original recruitment phase maybe slide in on this :confuoot:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Alaois posted:

can someone who may or may not have been banned during the original recruitment phase maybe slide in on this :confuoot:

:getin:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Zombie, the Waterbearer

When I found the Cistern, it was filled with the dead. Not the water tanks, of course. That poo poo's clean. The hallways, the rooms with all the pipes and valves and monitors, just stacked with bodies. Dunno what happened. Don't really care. Just meant the building was mine. Spent days pulling em all out, wiping down the blood. Y'know, making things presentable. The pumps took a bit of clanging to get back in working order, Dragonfly helped a ton with that.

That was, what, like a year ago? 5 years? I can't remember. Doesn't matter. Things have uh, grown a bit. But it's fine. As long as nobody bothers me.

What keeps you up at night?
The dripping faucets. Hah, nah. Tons of poo poo. The idea that the pipes could just burst or the tanks could empty or the rain stops and all the goodwill and community just explodes into a big ball of violence, and the Cistern goes right back to the state I found it in. I don't really worry about my life, I'm just a caretaker. If I leave the Cistern in good shape, someone else will just come along and pick up where I left off. But if something happens to the Cistern on my watch, I may as well be responsible for leveling the whole City.

What part of the city do you call home, if you've got one?
The Cistern. On the fringes, where the City starts to become something else. Something alien. It's become a refuge for those spurned by the Market to hock their wares, people not pretty enough for the Plush Room, anyone with enough sense in their skulls to keep some civility around other people. I thought it was far from the hustle, turns out the hustle comes and finds you.

quote:

Playbook: The Waterbearer
Name: Zombie
Look: Woman, scrounge wear, placid face, watchful eyes, wiry body

Stats: Cool+2 Hard-1 Hot+1 Sharp+1 Weird=0

Gear: 4-barter
Sig-Sauer P226 9mm (2-harm close loud)
Some ratty old fatigues from a half-collapsed Army-Navy Surplus and a t-shirt that used to be Mom's

Source: You have a source of abundant pure water. Choose the water’s special quality: A prosperous marketplace, largely self-governing, has grown up around it.

Choose 3-5 features of the source’s atmosphere, surroundings, and culture:
pipes & plumbing
catch-tarps & plastic jugs
giant & invulnerable storage tanks
a complex & hi-tech filtration system
leisure

Many people have come to the source over time, and some of them have become your chosen friends. Detail 3 of them with a name and a role. They give you insight.
Dragonfly, my patchworker
Agave, my brewmaster
Big Needles, my strong-arm

The source has laws that all must obey. You didn’t create these laws, but it’s your responsibility to enforce them. Choose 3–5 laws and the penalties for breaking them.
Law: Leave your grudges outside. Penalty: Imprisonment
Law: Keep your agreements. Penalty: Restitution
Law: Do no violence and no intentional harm. Penalty: Imprisonment

Moves

Lawbringer: when someone breaks your law, roll+cool. On a 10+, choose:
• You let them off with a warning, reduced penalty, or reprieve.
• You make an exception for them and they have no blame.
• They must face the full penalty.
On a 7-9, they must face the full penalty. On a miss, or if you are unable to enact judgment for any reason, responsibility falls to you, and you must face the penalty yourself.

All are welcome: when you personally welcome newcomers in, roll+sharp. On a 10+, ask 3. On a 7-9, ask 2. On a miss, ask 1 anyway:
• Are they hiding any weapons?
• Are they hiding any valuables?
• Are they hiding a disease?
• Are they hiding my enemies among them?
• Are they keeping any malicious secrets?

Peacemaker: when you call for two rivals or enemies to come to you and meet, to settle things between them, roll+cool. On a hit, they must both come, at the time you specify. On a 10+, choose 2. On a 7–9, choose 1:
• They must come alone.
• They must come unarmed.
• They must bring gifts, peace offerings, prisoners to exchange, or tokens of good will.
On a miss, they can make demands of you, and come only if you accede.

Special: When you and another character have sex, ask them to do something for you. Whether they agree or refuse in the moment, if they go on to do it, mark experience.

Alaois fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Sep 22, 2017

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

PoultryGeist posted:

Still, she’s not uncomely, and it would be a shame to burn bridges.
It's a real shame that a) See didn't say this where someone else could hear and b) I'm not playing a character that could make fun of her properly for doing so.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Comrade Gorbash posted:

It's a real shame that a) See didn't say this where someone else could hear and b) I'm not playing a character that could make fun of her properly for doing so.

See has had alot of practice keeping her inner dumbass on the inside. That and masks, lots of masks.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

PoultryGeist posted:

EnTee EssBee

These are the best and worst names and I love you for it.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
I'm glad you're enjoying(?) them. I just had a brainstorm of barely-literate scavengers finding some sort of governmental compound and rebuilding a society. And upon the promising children they bestow the names of the Old Gods, translated from the Before-Time runes.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PoultryGeist posted:

I'm glad you're enjoying(?) them. I just had a brainstorm of barely-literate scavengers finding some sort of governmental compound and rebuilding a society. And upon the promising children they bestow the names of the Old Gods, translated from the Before-Time runes.

yesssss

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i am really having a hard time describing mox's facial expressions right now, but i'm trying!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

i am really having a hard time describing mox's facial expressions right now, but i'm trying!
Mox?! Pratal Mox?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Mox?! Pratal Mox?

So help me god if the Churchgoers end up worshipping alien gods and installing gene therapy clinics I will quit this campaign :colbert:

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Captain Foo posted:

What? SeaDee has no idea if the Revlonic Arts have survived this far into the hinderlands...

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Is the harm before or after armor?

Also hell yeah gonna press the advantage; I think we have to go up now though?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Is the harm before or after armor?

Also hell yeah gonna press the advantage; I think we have to go up now though?

that's after.

And i'll give you whatever's more interesting to you / where you think there might be goons, still surrounding the main floor entrance (at the bottom of the stairway) or advancing on what's now your flank (going up)

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

that's after.

And i'll give you whatever's more interesting to you / where you think there might be goons, still surrounding the main floor entrance (at the bottom of the stairway) or advancing on what's now your flank (going up)
Got it. Back to 9:00, but at least I have my own healing kit now.

Based on the earlier Read a Sitch, it sounds like Makepeace is coming down, so definitely want to focus on her. That being said, have to think a moment on whether going on the attack or holding this position makes more sense given the overall situation.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hm, I forgot to acknowledge the fact that you're at 9:00 and not 3:00. We'll chalk it up to Vault's adrenaline and I'll deal with it more later.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Thinking it over, since Vault et al just seized this position, I think it would make more sense to hold it against Makepeace, since it sounds like she's coming to us anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Thinking it over, since Vault et al just seized this position, I think it would make more sense to hold it against Makepeace, since it sounds like she's coming to us anyways.

To do it, do it :getin:

• Locked thread