Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Does the eshop announce sales anywhere?

I think if you're subscribed to their promotional emails but it's actually just easier to follow the eShop thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Here's a Zelda tip: print out the map of Hyrule, then play BOTW and never go to the map screen except to turn off the shrine sensor. Then find your way around exclusively by comparing land masses and landmarks against the map, and scribbling on it with an actual pen. Ideally they should just add a toggle that disables the player cursor but since that option isn't there you'll need this workaround.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Since when do you move into a new place that DOES have a tv? That's kind of something a tenant has to supply.

I once lived in an apartment complex where they gave you the option of having a TV mounted on the wall, but it was some absurd extra cost that would have come out to like twice the TV's actual cost by the time you finished a year's lease.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Argue posted:

Here's a Zelda tip: print out the map of Hyrule, then play BOTW and never go to the map screen except to turn off the shrine sensor. Then find your way around exclusively by comparing land masses and landmarks against the map, and scribbling on it with an actual pen. Ideally they should just add a toggle that disables the player cursor but since that option isn't there you'll need this workaround.

You could just go and do that outside instead of making a bunch of dumb busywork

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Ok in golfstory I'm confused. Three parts of a swing: setting distance, then moving the ball in the lower right corner with a red dot on it, then a diamond goes back and forth on the bottom of the screen and you try to match it to the diamond shadow to max power. What is that second step doing with the red dot??

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

GoldfishStew posted:

Ok in golfstory I'm confused. Three parts of a swing: setting distance, then moving the ball in the lower right corner with a red dot on it, then a diamond goes back and forth on the bottom of the screen and you try to match it to the diamond shadow to max power. What is that second step doing with the red dot??
Sets the point of contact on the ball. Hitting towards the top will give the ball a flatter arc and encourage it to keep rolling, hitting towards the bottom will give it a taller arc (so wind impacts it more) and give it some backspin to stop it closer to the point of impact. Left or right will curve the flight path.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

GoldfishStew posted:

Spin, spin, Sugar!

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
Has anyone played The Flame in the Flood? I've never heard of it before, but it's been out on other systems for a while apparently. Just from the trailer it looks nice, and if that song is indicative of the soundtrack, I'm into that as well. I've liked games like Don't Starve and Crashlands. Is it worth $15? I don't need to have it right now, I have so many other games to finish and Mario coming soon, but it looks like something that would be nice to play in short sessions while traveling and such.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I don't think the ball on the right has anything to do with spin? The L1 and r1 (whatever they are) control spin and put a shadow on the ball, the ball on the right is just more loft or punch and fade or draw

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Midjack posted:

Man I am here to tell you gently caress level 3-4 on Puyo Puyo Tetris, it is no fun just getting steamrolled by the computer with a difficulty spike out of nowhere. Like enough that I think I'm done with this game.

If that is a Puyo Stage, you might want to go and read some articles at the Puyo Wiki, it's a game that benefits from a bit of book learning and practice.

But yeah if you fail a level three times you can always skip it and come back to it later. I limped through all the Puyo Puyo stages with one star until the end. Going back after I had learned more and three-starring everything was really satisfying

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Real hurthling! posted:

Does the eshop announce sales anywhere?
There haven't really been too many sales on the Switch yet. NOE post sales up every week, but a lot of it's usually shovelware. I'm not sure if NOA do the same or not.

That reminds me, for people in PAL land, there's a 10% discount on Unbox: Newbie's Adventure until 18th October (so it's £22.49 / €26.99).

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hello friends, there are two weeks remaining until Super Mario Odyssey is released.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Frankston posted:

Hello friends, there are two weeks remaining until Super Mario Odyssey is released.

I still don't quite believe it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Bloop posted:

lol

I mean, I used a guide for the last 10% of the Korok seeds, but the games are completely playable without a guide. You don't need to 100% it just to play it.

Everyone is obviously a spurious claim but do most people use a guide for games nowadays, other than the very occasional stuck spot?

In Zelda I'm at 92 shrines and I'm at the point where I feel like I really have to use a guide at this point. Some of these are ridiculously obscure.

The memories I 100% used a guide for, I ran past some that I totally missed normally because they're so hard to actually see

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Current eShop Sales

SWITCH
[NA] Infinite Minigolf - $10.49 $14.99 until Oct 17 (30% off)
[NA] The Bridge - $7.49 $9.99 until ??? (25% off)

[EU] Infinite Minigolf - £9.44 £13.49 / €10.49 €14.99 until Oct 17 (30% off)
[EU] Unbox: Newbie’s Adventure - £22.49 £24.99 / €26.99 €29.99 until Oct 18 (10% off)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Hello friends. There is one week remaining until Fire Emblem Warriors is released. I am one of the brokebrain assholes who will be prioritizing this purchase over Odyssey.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm getting both

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm getting both

My current fight plan is: get warriors, play it for a bit, get Odyssey, play the absolute poo poo out of it, then presumably get xenoblade 2, then return to warriors and at this point some dlc will have already dropped so that'll be nice

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm getting both
:same:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I can't believe I'll have to wait another year for the Switch Pro 10" monster with 64GB internal storage

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Golf Story Pro Tip: hit the minus button to display button mappings. This doesn't always work in challenges but it'll work for most of the regular golf stuff.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
im not getting mario odyssey [yet]

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I can't believe I'll have to wait another year for the Switch Pro 10" monster with 64GB internal storage

You can say you have one all you want, but girls are gonna know it's just a regular model the moment they play with it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

In Zelda I'm at 92 shrines and I'm at the point where I feel like I really have to use a guide at this point. Some of these are ridiculously obscure.

The memories I 100% used a guide for, I ran past some that I totally missed normally because they're so hard to actually see

I mean, I'm not going to second guess how someone else has fun, but locating all that stuff was sort of the whole point of the game, for me.

I was really, really tempted to use a guide for one shrine. It was my last one and the sensor was going mad but I spent hours going around in circles before I realized what was up. the strength of the sensor beeps seems to only consider a top-down map view and seems to ignore vertical distance.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Dizz posted:

im not getting mario odyssey [yet]

what is it youre not getting about it you doofus

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If that is a Puyo Stage, you might want to go and read some articles at the Puyo Wiki, it's a game that benefits from a bit of book learning and practice.

But yeah if you fail a level three times you can always skip it and come back to it later. I limped through all the Puyo Puyo stages with one star until the end. Going back after I had learned more and three-starring everything was really satisfying

Yes, it's a Puyo Big Bang stage, and I've been doing OK up to now (usually winning or at least not losing by much). In this one, the stage is set up so that you can trigger a huge combo with a couple of drops. I'm not usually getting those, while the computer is doing a 6-8x combo every time and getting 10x my score by the end of the round. What killed it for me was after trying 10 times in a row I didn't touch my controller so I could watch what the computer was doing, and as a result got my best score to date (computer only outscored me 3x).

I definitely need help recognizing the setup patterns in Puyo, and the tutorial built into the game was a little helpful. The links you supply are probably even better, thanks. I'm taking a break from this game; the difficulty asymptote plus the "gently caress you" of doing better by doing nothing and the fact that there is a ton more Puyo bullshit stages coming up kind of tell me this is going to be unfun for a while.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Kawabata posted:

what is it youre not getting about it you doofus

the whole dedicating my funds to other poo poo instead.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
In Xenoblade Chronicles 2 you won't have to use that hotpants girl all the time, there are different swords.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
Weed and spla2n, 2 great tastes that taste great 2gether.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Startyde posted:

Weed and spla2n, 2 great tastes that taste great 2gether.

this post, on this page is magic

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Guy Goodbody posted:

In Xenoblade Chronicles 2 you won't have to use that hotpants girl all the time, there are different swords.

jesus christ

This game is going to be insanely disapponting isn't it

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Page 420...

Nice

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Love to play picross and golf story on my precious console the Nintendo switch

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Louisgod posted:

jesus christ

This game is going to be insanely disapponting isn't it

It's going to be anime as hell.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rexroom posted:

It's going to be anime as hell.

Good

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Frankston posted:

and that is Too Goddamn Long

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's this purple plant you can grow in Stardew, called Jazz. Is that supposed to be weed? I wanna grow weed.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

irlZaphod posted:

Current eShop Sales

SWITCH
[NA] Infinite Minigolf - $10.49 $14.99 until Oct 17 (30% off)

So did anyone actually buy / play this game? It didn't look great from the trailer and it's probably not a good sign that it's on sale 1-2 months after release, but I suppose all that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad game...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, gimme one of them JRPGs with no anime in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, gimme one of them JRPGs with no anime in it.

Look at this wise guy.

• Locked thread